PDA

View Full Version : Clans in general

Ejamon
12-05-2013, 11:41 AM
I've been going through the clan threads and see so many people seeking a clan. Obviously these people are all active seeing as how they've posted in the last few days. I was thinking that someone should just start up a new clan and just round up all the clan-less stragglers on the forums.

At least with people who are willing to group, co-op maps, pvp maps, and social pursuits. If anyone has the time to round up people to do something like that, I'd love to hop on board. Nothing's more boring than being in a large clan for months and never being able to get anyone to do events with.

GridSufer
12-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I've run guilds and clans before and more often than not they're more hard work than they're worth... (Unless you know how to cop the coin out of advertising and web traffic)

But I do like this idea allot, either the active clans have too many requirements or require members to be at X-level, which means too many people are being shunned out for either being a newbie or for not using external comms, I understand the need for voice chat in heavy PvP clans but many of the clans on here require TS or Skype even if they're 'casual'

It would be good to see a clan that is willing to accept new members and show them the ropes...

Ejamon
12-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Hell, I may just break down this weekend and start one. Just advertise on here with "Join if you want" kind of thing. No requirements, no forced voice chat, no applications. Just people wanting to play for the fun of it, and want company shooting anything and everything that moves. I don't think Defiance has need of clans with overly controlling leadership, or any for that matter. Just people who want to group and shoot anything and everything that moves. Other than rounding up active players, clans are relatively useless in this game. Nothing really to control or coordinate.

cyguy
12-05-2013, 12:39 PM
I know what you mean. I've been unable to complete socials because the clan I'm in is practically all greyed out with inactive players. The one's that are on either ignore, or don't see the chat. I don't think I will ever tire of shooting things on this game, but I do agree with countless others about the flaws as well. The chat and the clans themselves need work to promote some sort of benefit to working together. Also, when a clan has a required ego rating and so on makes it a hassle. I've played through the story 4 times, and most my skills are maxed. That being said, in all the time I've played I have been unable to get the people together for socials. Even in a clan, which is somewhat pitiful, due to the inactivity.

Attain
12-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Hell, I may just break down this weekend and start one. Just advertise on here with "Join if you want" kind of thing. No requirements, no forced voice chat, no applications. Just people wanting to play for the fun of it, and want company shooting anything and everything that moves. I don't think Defiance has need of clans with overly controlling leadership, or any for that matter. Just people who want to group and shoot anything and everything that moves. Other than rounding up active players, clans are relatively useless in this game. Nothing really to control or coordinate.

I would be on board. I have been looking for a clan but do not want to deal with "applications" nor deal with VOIP. I prefer just to type. If I was going to do hardcore PVP then I understand about a VOIP requirement... but honestly I play to relax and do not want to hear people babbling, I prefer to listen to music while playing. I just want to shoot stuff lol... with some type chat interaction if I desire. Not looking for a job in an online game with a ton of requirements as far as clans go. Perhaps I am solo in being like this, I don't know. I would even do VOIP for PVP stuff when it came up, just do not desire it to be a "req". Same with applications or minimum ego requirements. Just want to log on and shoot stuff with possible others with a similar mindset.

A Casual Clan if you will. I have sought out to chat with the few clans advertised like that but the "leaders" are never on. I know this because I check ed for a week every time I logged on and I am basically a daily player. Either way I would be onboard. If you guys are serious lets spark one up. we can scoop up the casual peoples and newer players seeking the same thing. Lets do it, and not talk about it.

Anyone else who feels the same reply to this thread and we can make it happen.

Havik83
12-05-2013, 05:44 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I just started and love this game. I like to group to do stuff even if its just shooting random mutants. I am a casual player and in the est time zone. I am down for joining. Name is Havik Goresmith.

Attain
12-06-2013, 12:06 AM
OK, I ended up being in a co-op group with Havik and we decided to just do it. We formed a casual clan. Anyone is welcome, no applications, no requirements, just join and group with no stress. Right now just post here if your interested and I will send an invite next time I am on. And I will check every time I am signed on until you get invited.

The clan name is Paradise Mercs.

Paradise Mercs- All you need is a gun.

stakedvamp
12-06-2013, 06:30 AM
You can add me in, hopefully we can get at least 15 active people going, having trouble completing socials, been in big clans and seems like only 3-4 out of over 100 members are on at a time. And I don't care for application process seems like a job more than a game. I'm in eastern time zone. i'm on usually around 8am to noon just looking for casual fun, completing pursuits, I do have vent. over 18.
Can pst me ingame lookup either stakedvamp or shadowspawn.

cyguy
12-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Yeah, no requirements. No apps, no required voice chat, no required ego rating. I spent 2-3 hours playing with Havik last night. I saw Attain as well, but gave my spot up in co-op so he could complete some pursuits in that group lol. Also I know how you feel. Being in a clan with hundreds of people mean next to nothing when a max of 6 log on over a period of 2 weeks, and they seem to not want anything to do with one another. I guess you beat me to it, was waiting until this weekend.

Attain
12-06-2013, 07:43 AM
OK Stakedvamp, as soon as the servers are up I will send a request. as the Original poster has stated most of us seem to be new/newer players, and relatively active so hopefully you wont feel so by yourself. and like our thread says here, no requirements or applications. we just require you to have a gun. I suppose I will make another thread for this clan since the servers are down right now.

I am on pacific time, but i log in and play at all different hours, usually in the morning and the evening, sometimes midday. So I at least am definitely on when you are often enough. hopfully we can scoop up enough "casual" peeps to have someone on at most times.

I have your names so again as soon as I am able you will get a request.

Attain
12-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Yeah, no requirements. No apps, no required voice chat, no required ego rating. I spent 2-3 hours playing with Havik last night. I saw Attain as well, but gave my spot up in co-op so he could complete some pursuits in that group lol. Also I know how you feel. Being in a clan with hundreds of people mean next to nothing when a max of 6 log on over a period of 2 weeks, and they seem to not want anything to do with one another. I guess you beat me to it, was waiting until this weekend.

LOL Havik told me that totally funny! Did you want a request Cyguy?

Ejamon
12-06-2013, 07:55 AM
That was fast! All it took was some grumbling about doing away with applications and requirements. Yeah Cy helped me when I first started the game, I think I made him dizzy though. He drove around with me when I first got a car and I think I slammed into every rock, tree, and hellbug. At least he helped and answered questions without tearing my head off for being new like some other people in this game. Although I can't play very often, when I can feel free to add me. Promise I'll put in seatbelts in my medtech buggy this time. hehe

Attain
12-06-2013, 08:01 AM

Obviously we all agree with you Ejamon... Havik and I thought it is/was a great idea, do you want to join us? Your more than welcome. especially as it was your post that basically brought us together. we would love to have you, the more people the better. we can accomplish pursuits, group up, do the missions and help newer players get going. Possibly even be a more positive aspect/group in general for this game which it seems to need. As soon as i can get on I will do invites and see more how thier "clan" system works on this game so if i can i can make it so you guys can recruit interested people too if I am unavailable.

Honestly we just thought it was such a good idea we decided to not just talk about it but DO it. Thank you for your post and pointing out what you did.

Attain
12-06-2013, 08:05 AM
That was fast! All it took was some grumbling about doing away with applications and requirements. Yeah Cy helped me when I first started the game, I think I made him dizzy though. He drove around with me when I first got a car and I think I slammed into every rock, tree, and hellbug. At least he helped and answered questions without tearing my head off for being new like some other people in this game. Although I can't play very often, when I can feel free to add me. Promise I'll put in seatbelts in my medtech buggy this time. hehe

done and done Ejamon. Your name has been added to my list of invites. Like I said earlier in the thread I am on at all times off and on. So you WILL get your invite.

Yeah it was fast, a real catalyst though was replying to your thread then playing and there was Havik in my co-op group, I thought it was such a good idea and it was still very fresh in my mind and I have been wanting something like this just couldnt find anything. So we decided to just do it.

cyguy
12-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Yeah, we will both join up. I've been planning on leaving my current clan for some time. I joined up thinking I could clear a lot of the social pursuits, but in the past 5 months I've had no clan help for it. I think the co-op's we did last night where I stopped and pointed out where all the recorders were was unusual. People actually stopped, and grabbed them instead of rushing ahead like usual. Also Ej...you and Havik drive the same lol. At least he didn't barrel into volge every 2 mins. Before they nerfed the hell out of the volge they were annoyingly blowing up the car in 2 shots. Now a strong breeze kills them.

cyguy
12-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Anywho, yeah posting a more formal thread for a no fuss clan recruitment would probably be good. Even if it turns out to be a dozen of us or so, it's more activity then most clans these days. Maybe I can finally level up Cerberus without having to do a particular co-op map 20 different times, or fighting to grab one in a shadow war - which seems glitched and never wants to add to xp, or passenger meter number.

Attain
12-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Anywho, yeah posting a more formal thread for a no fuss clan recruitment would probably be good. Even if it turns out to be a dozen of us or so, it's more activity then most clans these days. Maybe I can finally level up Cerberus without having to do a particular co-op map 20 different times, or fighting to grab one in a shadow war - which seems glitched and never wants to add to xp, or passenger meter number.

Awesome Cyguy! I think we can get enough active people, would/will help in a lot of ways, your name has been added to my add list. And I agree, I will post a formal Clan thread now, this thread has served its purpose.

GridSufer
12-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Count me in, I'm only active for a couple of hours a day but I'm definitely up for this clan :)

Punkduck2064
12-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Hey, Third World Tactics (3WT) is an NA clan that will take anyone who loves to play Defiance. We only require you to be 18+ and not a raging ******.

Check out our website if you're looking for a great clan in Defiance that is all about having fun http://www.3wthq.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=662

Or PM me in game, on the forums, or on steam.

IGN: Dorren
Steam: punkduck

Attain
12-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the invite punkduck but we have already rolled into a new clan, have already done pursuits and have been grouping up. I personally will be just continuing with that as it is already happening and with more people joining us already unless everyone bails I will just stick to what we have rolled up. I can not speak for anyone else. Also one of the things we are based on literally is no requirements, not on ego level, not on VOIP, not on completing any apps, not on having to register in any outside forums, not on age, not on time zone. Those reasons are part of why we are floaters to begin with.

The others may feel differently. They can decide for themselves.

Punkduck2064
12-08-2013, 03:55 PM
no worries, that's what I get for waiting too long before reading this thread. either way, 3WT is always recruiting (shameless plug, shameless plug)

Naughty_Santa
12-09-2013, 07:38 AM
OK, I ended up being in a co-op group with Havik and we decided to just do it. We formed a casual clan. Anyone is welcome, no applications, no requirements, just join and group with no stress. Right now just post here if your interested and I will send an invite next time I am on. And I will check every time I am signed on until you get invited.

The clan name is Paradise Mercs.

Paradise Mercs- All you need is a gun.

Heyah

I've been playing Defiance for a month now and now I wanna experience clans and a bit more coop play. I'd like to join the mercs. In game name Meleena.

Although I have no idea what server I'm playing on or how to check it. =P

CEBEPyC
12-09-2013, 10:24 PM
The server Europe, a name in game - CEBEPyC would like to join for joint game.
PvP I play seldom as ping big, 150-200, it is difficult to play such conditions, but coop and simply casual fights will approach.
Excuse for errors, English not my native language, it Google the translator.)

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 03:30 AM
Blood oath brotherhood seem to be the European equivalent to this clan
Try looking them up ;)

Agrona
12-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Interesting to read about the inception of Paradise Mercs - my new clan! :) Thanks guys, for making this no hassle clan a reality! I just got added yesterday, but then had a Rift Raid, well and servers were coming down lol So, tonight I'm all about Defiance and I can't wait to shoot mutants with you all!

Oh, someone mentioned about hitting every rock with a roller. I learned the hard way that I can't use my keyboard AND mouse to steer my roller. Once I removed my hand from my mouse and just used the keyboard, it was smooth sailing... I mean driving. lol

cyguy
12-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Keyboard and mouse controls are kind of so-so, I played for an about an hour like that before plugging in my xbox360 controller. Lol. Makes everything easier. Well, that being said Havik uses his too but still seems to hit every rock, tree, mutant, and volge on the road. :)

Attain
12-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Keyboard and mouse controls are kind of so-so, I played for an about an hour like that before plugging in my xbox360 controller. Lol. Makes everything easier. Well, that being said Havik uses his too but still seems to hit every rock, tree, mutant, and volge on the road. :)

I can attest to this! lol good times! I have an XBOX 360 controller but tend to use mouse and keyboard for everything... too much time playing shooters on a pc I guess, just feels more "natural" to me. And welcome Agrona, hopefully within the next few days we can shoot filthy Volge together.

Raiithe
12-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Looking to join a clan

IGN- Aribeth Rai

See you online.