PDA

View Full Version : Inventory question?

QuakeNaked
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm curious about the numbers at the top of the Resparks on the right. One says 2170, the other 2209. That's not the Ego rating of them, and it's not how much the vendor will pay for them (which was about 411 SC). Does anyone know what those numbers mean?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg282/roflkopters/Miscellaneous/defianceinventory1_zps90b41bc1.jpg

Elastik Spastik
12-06-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm curious about the numbers at the top of the Resparks on the right. One says 2170, the other 2209. That's not the Ego rating of them, and it's not how much the vendor will pay for them (which was about 411 SC). Does anyone know what those numbers mean?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg282/roflkopters/Miscellaneous/defianceinventory1_zps90b41bc1.jpg

it might be how much it would cost to buy. iv actually never noticed it before.

crasher
12-06-2013, 06:38 PM
it might be how much it would cost to buy. iv actually never noticed it before.
It's the fake value.
Look at a modded weapon, compared to a vanilla version of the same weapon.
Or make note of the number and notice the change as you mod it.

Selling price back to the vendor is approx 20% of that number.

maverick07
12-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Yep. That's how much it would cost if it was available in a vendor. With higher EGO that price will slightly rise. You also get slightly more money from selling back the higher EGO stuff as well.

DanteYoda
12-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Either way its absolutely Pointless, that is something unneeded right there..

Elastik Spastik
12-07-2013, 02:41 AM

Agreed. I hadn't even noticed it until this post. :confused:

crasher
12-07-2013, 09:10 AM

Agreed. I hadn't even noticed it until this post. :confused:

As I said, it's a data point.
The number changes with the value of the item.

Read that again:
When you're breaking stuff down for scrip and A/S, the value of the item changes. And it changes with the type of transaction you're engaged in. And that value is reflected in that number.

There ARE players who use that number to decide WHAT or WHICH items to break down based on value to budget purchases of new/other weapons at a vendor without just crushing the 1st 6 items on the list.

Why are you so dead set on removing something YOU don't use while having not idea whether those around you might be using it?

Now try and imagine that you've been looking for a specific weapon or mod for days/weeks, and it pops up. You have 2 minutes before the sale ends and you're short of scrip. And your Inventory is already pared down to what you mostly need/like/want.

Whats the fastest way to decide the fewest things to sell to get what you need until you can get the stuff you sold pack from the pawn broker?

Sometimes that number comes into play.

The game CAN be nuanced down to finer levels of play while you mod and trade between just shooting things in the face. And it makes it more immersive than just shooting things in the face until you get bored.

' :) '

Elastik Spastik
12-07-2013, 09:26 AM
The only things in my inventory is the stuff i use in my loadouts. Everything i pick up is sold or salvaged. Unless i get something better than what im already using, so it still wont matter to me. Though not saying they should get rid of it. It's just pointless to me and have done good so far without it.

N3gativeCr33p
12-07-2013, 10:15 AM
It's the fake value.

Indeed... as fake as it gets.

kendillin
12-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Don't traders call it the bin #?

maverick07
12-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Don't traders call it the bin #?

That's the Buy It Now number. For some people auctioning off something, they'll use the BIN as a maximum price someone can pay, to be able to buy the weapon right away.

Auctions with scrip only doesn't happen too often on the PS3 Trade Forums. But on 360, it's a little more common, and with their inflation it'll usually look something like this :).

VBI Assault Rifle reserve - 1 million
BIN - 2.5 million

Deunan
12-07-2013, 12:39 PM
It's not fake, just rarely useful. You could sell your items for that price to the Extra Life vendors during the EL event and it was intentional according to what many said the Trion team was saying during the live stream of EL events. Some people ruined it by exploiting the ability to buy low and sell high to the vendor so Trion may opt to never do this for the player community again because of those exploiters.

kendillin
12-07-2013, 12:45 PM
That's the Buy It Now number. For some people auctioning off something, they'll use the BIN as a maximum price someone can pay, to be able to buy the weapon right away.

Auctions with scrip only doesn't happen too often on the PS3 Trade Forums. But on 360, it's a little more common, and with their inflation it'll usually look something like this :).

VBI Assault Rifle reserve - 1 million
BIN - 2.5 million
Thanks, just guessing from chat spam.
That's what happens when you assume.

QuakeNaked
12-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks for breaking it down for me, I didn't realize that AS would also increase if the value goes up. But now I wonder how players determine prices when they want to sell to other players. I play on PC, and don't really want to do an auction, but I'd like to sell the Epic weapons I have, and I have no idea how to determine a fair price.