PDA

View Full Version : Welp, Trion, you went and done it.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 06:45 PM
There's numerous people pissed off now.

Are you kidding me? You had this one great, miraculous chance, to have players possibly - POSSIBLY - change their mind about the bullcrap we on the PS3 have been spoon-fed. And now, again, WE get the short end of the stick and you try to make it up with.. ..really.. ..a T3 box? I don't want your box of crap. I want the DLC, or nothing. Everyone else gets the DLC on the 10th, except PS3. Go f'n figure. I guess we should've expected it-- same old Trion.

I guess we're too busy getting drunk every Friday to get everything in order for launch though, right? I'll take my money and go get something else; Defiance is sinking like the Titanic, and don't say you don't see it. You guys are all about Rift; Rift, or bust, right? This is ridiculous. Oh, and don't forget-- it's ALWAYS Sony's fault; never Trion's. I call bullsh*t.

.. not like the DLC would've worked right on the 10th, anyway.

hardy83
12-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I think you misunderstood what was being said.
The Arkbreaker DLC WILL be released on the PS3 on the 10th.

However due to the "lead time" to get stuff onto the store, the individual Arkbreaker DLC to purchase will not be up on the 10th.

So if you own the season pass, you will still get the DLC on the 10th.
If you DON'T own the season pass, or only bought season one DLC, you will still get the content update on the 10th, but will not be able to buy the DLC individually to get the DLC unlocks (weapons, daily/weekly rewards etc) until it is on the store.

The lockbox is for when the DLC2 does end up on the store to buy to make up for the delay.

Piers
12-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Kitty...

You probably didn't read the part after that, where the season pass holders on ps3 get it on the 10th.
Ill go MacGyver up some reading glasses for you...

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I think you misunderstood what was being said.
The Arkbreaker DLC WILL be released on the PS3 on the 10th.

However due to the "lead time" to get stuff onto the store, the individual Arkbreaker DLC to purchase will not be up on the 10th.

So if you own the season pass, you will still get the DLC on the 10th.
If you DON'T own the season pass, or only bought season one DLC, you will still get the content update on the 10th, but will not be able to buy the DLC individually to get the DLC unlocks (weapons, daily/weekly rewards etc) until it is on the store.

The lockbox is for when the DLC2 does end up on the store to buy to make up for the delay.

I understand perfectly what they're saying. I don't own the season pass, nor do the folks I'm speaking of: the content update don't mean jack unless you can buy the DLC to unlock the weapons, daily/weekly rewards, etc, that was supposed to be included IN the DLC.

So, once again, PS3 is screwed -- wait .. unless you have the season pass. And the lockbox is crap, as per usual; no different than the T3 boxes you get out of the lockbox in game, already.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Kitty...

You probably didn't read the part after that, where the season pass holders on ps3 get it on the 10th.
Ill go MacGyver up some reading glasses for you...

Piers...

You're probably thinking that everyone whom plays PS3 automatically purchases season passes. Maybe you should re-evaluate your assumptions.

Maixx
12-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I have to agree with Zombiekitty, Trion is fully aware of all the hoops they have to jump through to release content by said date, this oversight is just another example of Trions incompetence.

cypheon
12-07-2013, 08:23 PM
So, once again, PS3 is screwed -- wait .. unless you have the season pass. And the lockbox is crap, as per usual; no different than the T3 boxes you get out of the lockbox in game, already.

I have to agree with Zombiekitty, Trion is fully aware of all the hoops they have to jump through to release content by said date, this oversight is just another example of Trions incompetence.

"release content faster! we're tired of waiting!"
"omg why'd you release it before you finished jumping through all the hoops and red tape for one system?!"

if you have an issue with the release times on the ps3... go yell at sony for them putting up more hoops than ms. they can't start the bureaucracy before they've finished testing and fixing as much as they can, so why, once it's ready for release, should they sit on it while waiting for one third party to sign off on its availability when they can already push it out the door everywhere else?

why should i have to wait for my patch because you can't be bothered to play on a pc? more importantly, why all the anger aimed at trion, instead of at sony, for the hold ups?

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 08:28 PM
"release content faster! we're tired of waiting!"
"omg why'd you release it before you finished jumping through all the hoops and red tape for one system?!"

if you have an issue with the release times on the ps3... go yell at sony for them putting up more hoops than ms. they can't start the bureaucracy before they've finished testing and fixing as much as they can, so why, once it's ready for release, should they sit on it while waiting for one third party to sign off on its availability when they can already push it out the door everywhere else?

why should i have to wait for my patch because you can't be bothered to play on a pc? more importantly, why all the anger aimed at trion, instead of at sony, for the hold ups?

Because Trion is ridiculous at getting all the "hoops" jumped through BEFORE DLC release dates, apparently. And to see someone else jumping on the bandwagon in blaming Sony is hilarious, but whatever. Face it: Trion is incompetent. If they aren't ready to release the DLC on all consoles, then they damn well SHOULD sit on it until they are.

When Sony takes over Defiance and proves incompetent in releasing their DLC on time, and for all consoles at the same time, then I'll be pissed at Sony.

Nefarious
12-07-2013, 08:37 PM
DLCs have always been sketchy on the PS3.

Calysia
12-07-2013, 08:39 PM
If they aren't ready to release the DLC on all consoles, then they damn well SHOULD sit on it until they are.

Because...of course... you're way more important than PC and XBox players.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 08:42 PM

No, it should work the same way. If there was an issue with PC or XBOX content being released, I'd expect them to hold on the release of PS3 content. Its logic, and good marketing.

Funny how *******s tend to want to make threads like this into a "Boohoo, you think you're better than me because I play on an XBOX that I pay for monthly" thread. S.S.D.D. Get over it.

Thomas1975
12-07-2013, 08:52 PM
If I had any faith that Trion Worlds could save Defiance; I might have gone out and got the season pass. The fact that Trion Worlds thinks that a T3 Lockbox is going to make me stay and give them money after yet another pie in their face is frankly insulting. I am happy that Xbox and PC players get to enjoy the DLC on the 10th as well as season pass holders on the PS3, but how is that fair to the people that buy the DLC’s one at a time? Trion could sell the DLC in the Defiance store, but I guess that is way too much to ask.

Holy Bahamut3
12-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Because Trion is ridiculous at getting all the "hoops" jumped through BEFORE DLC release dates, apparently. And to see someone else jumping on the bandwagon in blaming Sony is hilarious, but whatever. Face it: Trion is incompetent. If they aren't ready to release the DLC on all consoles, then they damn well SHOULD sit on it until they are.

When Sony takes over Defiance and proves incompetent in releasing their DLC on time, and for all consoles at the same time, then I'll be pissed at Sony.
*In best Darth Sithis voice* "Good let the hate flow through you."

Thomas1975
12-07-2013, 09:00 PM

I do not believe that kitten sad anything of the sort. But if you do not play on the PS3 then you do not have an understanding of what we have to deal with every time there is a patch or DLC released. The Fact is Trion had months to get this going and failed to do so, that is not on Sony. I’m sure that when Trion announced the release of the DLC2 in October, they had known for some time and was not just a last second decision by the staff. Therefore they should have known how long it takes to get the DLC approved and been on it a long time ago. Yet they drop the ball again.

Slaytanical
12-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Not to throw stones but meh i dunno a lot about them tbh.... but theese 3rd world tactics guys seem to be a rolling bunch of crybabies in general.... hopefully soon trion will start selling boxes of kleenex in the defiance store for theese guys. every thread they roll is an endless rant of cheese and whine. not alltogether sure why they even play the game to be honest.

i will be the 1st to admit the game has some issues that need ironing out... but hey im at least willing to give defiance a go at least untill season 3 or 4 of the tv show... if i see things still going down hill or if the game does not even last that long so be it i will move on.

just totally flabbergasted as to how so many people say the game sucks so hardcore yet it's the same people always complaining... yet EVERY day they are still here.... still playing.... just leave allready?? And just for the record sony entertainment network ps3 and that whole bunch give developers crazy amounts of hoops to jump through plus red tape to deal with before stuff hits live servers on sony... valid proof being DUST514 wich is why its a ps3 only game as we speak....

the whole french cry deal is getting really old... i see it as you having 3 options... go buy an xbox.... call sony and complain not trion...

last but not least just quit playing defiance alltogether. 'i hear your borderlands' disc calling ya. :D

Thomas1975
12-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Not to throw stones but meh i dunno a lot about them tbh.... but theese 3rd world tactics guys seem to be a rolling bunch of crybabies in general.... hopefully soon trion will start selling boxes of kleenex in the defiance store for theese guys. every thread they roll is an endless rant of cheese and whine. not alltogether sure why they even play the game to be honest.

i will be the 1st to admit the game has some issues that need ironing out... but hey im at least willing to give defiance a go at least untill season 3 or 4 of the tv show... if i see things still going down hill or if the game does not even last that long so be it i will move on.

just totally flabbergasted as to how so many people say the game sucks so hardcore yet it's the same people always complaining... yet EVERY day they are still here.... still playing.... just leave allready?? And just for the record sony entertainment network ps3 and that whole bunch give developers crazy amounts of hoops to jump through plus red tape to deal with before stuff hits live servers on sony... valid proof being DUST514 wich is why its a ps3 only game as we speak....

the whole french cry deal is getting really old... i see it as you having 3 options... go buy an xbox.... call sony and complain not trion...

last but not least just quit playing defiance alltogether. 'i hear your borderlands' disc calling ya. :D

You can believe what you want about 3rd World Tactics my friend, but you will not find a better group of friends out there. I’m sorry that 3WT stands up for what is right, while you lay down and take it, Tells us a lot about your character. I’m guessing that you do not play on PS3 or read the Forums much; if you did your comment would have been much different. They will offer us Kleenex right about the time they offer you kotex.

cypheon
12-07-2013, 09:32 PM
No, it should work the same way. If there was an issue with PC or XBOX content being released, I'd expect them to hold on the release of PS3 content. Its logic, and good marketing.

you say that now, but we all know the instant someone says a patch won't be available on ps3 because ms is crying about the xbox patch, first words out of your mouth will be "why should we wait for them?".

it's not a matter of trying to turn this into a "qq more noob" thread, but a statement of fact that you bought the game for a system that, in it's current form, does not expedite the release of content or patches. with pc's, trion runs the distribution themselves, so the second it's all finished they -could- launch immediately. they wait on us for at least one of the 2 consoles to get distribution ready. sad for you, sony's policies are not as patch-friendly as microsoft.

ms pretty much just waits for the check to clear (they get paid per dlc, bug fix, etc that goes through their servers). sony does some other hocus pocus between having the patch submitted to them, and making it available on the market (namely, from what little i can remember, they make sure it won't nuke the market servers, amongst other things).

the main thing to keep in mind while you rage at trion about it is... trion could have already submitted the dlc to sony for marketplace approval weeks ago, and sony just hasn't gotten through the pile of other dlc/apps/etc that were in line first.

whatever goes into the marketplace has to be a finished product, they can't just put in a placeholder, and attach a note saying "we'll be altering the files between approval and release". sony would just laugh, and reject it, forcing trion to re-submit and wait, again.

so, yeah, it still comes down to... go cry on the sony forums about why sony isn't getting through their marketplace submissions fast enough for you to buy a dlc at the same time as a pc player who buys directly from the source.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 09:33 PM

Firstly, considering you "dunno a lot about them tbh," how about not making assumptions that make you look like the town drunkard? You know, since your interests are "Defiance and lots of beer."

The deal with US is we aren't afraid to put it out there that Trion dropped the ball, screwed up, fudged up, and is breaking the game with their supposed DLC. We point out what's wrong with the game when others just cower, sit in the corner, and whimper instead of trying to get it any attention. Have you tried putting feedback in? Have you tried the bug report system? Have you waited weeks upon weeks to get any sort of answer? Probably not, I'd guess, since you're "rolling with Defiance" until you see it start slipping-- which, by the way, it's already slipping. It's slipped, and it's collecting more debris as it rolls downhill.

You don't get answers. Devs don't give a ****, moderators don't do anything but lock posts, and all the community on here does is boohoo about who's entitled to DLC first, or which console is the worst/best to play on. And then when the obvious is pointed out, fools like to come to the bat and defend a company who's otherwise useless. And I've already made my decision, thanks for your concern; I'll check in with my friends who will likely still play - those who have the season pass - but otherwise? Defiance can keep right on going down that hill, and I'll put my focus elsewhere.

And when the game is completely and entirely broken before season 2 ends, I'll be snickering in the background because we all saw it coming and no one listened.

Deuces.

DanteYoda
12-07-2013, 09:38 PM
What i find funny is BF3 got every patch/DLC first on Ps3 and when we complained they (Ps3 players) told us to stop whining...

So hey guess what "Stop whining" ;)

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 09:38 PM
You know all these blame Sony comments would carry a bit more weight if Trion hadn't already gone through a DLC release process on the PS3.

Bonehead
12-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I like this game on pc but if I were on ps3 there is no way I would have stuck with it.

Thomas1975
12-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Firstly, considering you "dunno a lot about them tbh," how about not making assumptions that make you look like the town drunkard? You know, since your interests are "Defiance and lots of beer."

The deal with US is we aren't afraid to put it out there that Trion dropped the ball, screwed up, fudged up, and is breaking the game with their supposed DLC. We point out what's wrong with the game when others just cower, sit in the corner, and whimper instead of trying to get it any attention. Have you tried putting feedback in? Have you tried the bug report system? Have you waited weeks upon weeks to get any sort of answer? Probably not, I'd guess, since you're "rolling with Defiance" until you see it start slipping-- which, by the way, it's already slipping. It's slipped, and it's collecting more debris as it rolls downhill.

You don't get answers. Devs don't give a ****, moderators don't do anything but lock posts, and all the community on here does is boohoo about who's entitled to DLC first, or which console is the worst/best to play on. And then when the obvious is pointed out, fools like to come to the bat and defend a company who's otherwise useless. And I've already made my decision, thanks for your concern; I'll check in with my friends who will likely still play - those who have the season pass - but otherwise? Defiance can keep right on going down that hill, and I'll put my focus elsewhere.

And when the game is completely and entirely broken before season 2 ends, I'll be snickering in the background because we all saw it coming and no one listened.

Deuces.

I agree, Defiance cost $60 just a few months ago, now I can get it for $2.50. Hell I have seen Trion giving the game away and they say this game is not dying? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Thomas1975
12-07-2013, 09:47 PM
You know all these blame Sony comments would carry a bit more weight if Trion hadn't already gone through a DLC release process on the PS3.

Right, guess they missed that one!
Elizabeth stated that it takes several weeks for this to happen, meaning that we could be 2 to 3 weeks away from the DLC. This is all the Same stuff that happened with the First DLC.

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-07-2013, 09:58 PM
taken from the community blog

For PS3, this requires several weeks of lead time. In short: Arkbreaker is not going to be able to get on the PSN Store on December 10th.

since when does TRION control SONY's business practices?

a minor clue they never have and never will unless TRION somehow manages to buy SONY.

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 10:01 PM

a minor clue they never have and never will unless TRION somehow manages to buy SONY.

Again -- Trion has already done a DLC certification with Sony, hence this is not a surprise - so while Sony's business practices may be odd and in no way controlled by Trion that ceases to be the point when Trion just ignores them after having been through it before - instead they CHOSE to tell PS3 players that the DLC would be out on the 10th and they knew they had not done the certification.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:02 PM

Then it would be up to Trion to submit the DLC several weeks ahead of time, so it could be released on the set date. It really isn't rocket science.

Calysia
12-07-2013, 10:05 PM
but they chose to get it released to PC and XBox instead of waiting on Sony. Get over it.

cypheon
12-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Then it would be up to Trion to submit the DLC several weeks ahead of time, so it could be released on the set date. It really isn't rocket science.

you're missing the point of...... once it is submitted, it can not be altered. that means "several weeks ahead of the slated release date", if they're still fixing bugs and running tests, they CAN'T submit it. they'd have to re-submit the next version after they fix what they can, and delay it even longer than it already is.

what is it about this process that is some how not being explained clearly enough...? i'll do my best to explain it calmly if you have further questions but, honestly, any further simplification of this already very simple explanation would just come across as insulting, instead of helpful...

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:12 PM
you're missing the point of...... once it is submitted, it can not be altered. that means "several weeks ahead of the slated release date", if they're still fixing bugs and running tests, they CAN'T submit it. they'd have to re-submit the next version after they fix what they can, and delay it even longer than it already is.

what is it about this process that is some how not being explained clearly enough...? i'll do my best to explain it calmly if you have further questions but, honestly, any further simplification of this already very simple explanation would just come across as insulting, instead of helpful...

And simplifying what I've said in order for it to say: "Trion should have their ducks in a row (i.e., bugs, tests, etc) before submitting it," seems too simple, but apparently isn't being gathered from merely stating "Submitting it several weeks ahead of stated release date."

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-07-2013, 10:18 PM
some people need to read the blog post they said the DLC was certified on both consoles , the delay is not TRIONs doing it is strictly on SONY .

Every game that is on PS3 , XBOX and PC ends up waiting for one of the three to get the games DLC's processed for one of the 2 consoles . This go around it is SONY causing the delay and the game developer(TRION ) has chosen to not delay the other 2 platforms release while the slowpoke gets there act together .

stop blaming the developer as they can not force the console stores to place DLCs in the store before SONY/MS approve it for their store , but they can choose to release it for the PC platfom (the only one they have any release control over) when it is ready

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 10:20 PM

You want simple?

1. Trion released DLC 1 on the PS3 under these same requirements.
2. Trion CHOSE to tell PS3 players that the DLC would be out on the 10th.
3. Trion knew they had not done the certification.

That about simple enough?

Deunan
12-07-2013, 10:21 PM
The release of DLC is already behind schedule. There's no way Trion is going to simply sit on the release for the PC, Xbox and the PS3 (for Season Pass holders) just so non-Season Pass holders on the PS3 can purchase it on the exact same date as everyone else. It did the right thing in this case regardless of how non-Season Pass holders on the PS3 feel about the matter.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:21 PM
LOL. No one gets it. This is great. Holy crap, what's wrong with people?

If they wouldn't have projected a release date and assured everyone, even PS3 users, that the DLC would be available (not just useless content, until you can purchase it).. and instead went through the hoops and hooks with each console, got it set up, and THEN SET A RELEASE DATE, there'd be no issue.

Again. Not rocket science.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:22 PM
You want simple?

1. Trion released DLC 1 on the PS3 under these same requirements.
2. Trion CHOSE to tell PS3 players that the DLC would be out on the 10th.
3. Trion knew they had not done the certification.

That about simple enough?

Nailed it. +10 brownie points.

Umfafa
12-07-2013, 10:23 PM
My advice would be smoke a bowl and relax a bit. You're gonna be okay.

Deunan, much thanks to you for linking the anime connected with your name. I haven't spent any time with that format since Ghost in the Shell or Vampire Hunter D.

Every minute of that series was delicious. My thanks.

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 10:29 PM
some people need to read the blog post they said the DLC was certified on both consoles , the delay is not TRIONs doing it is strictly on SONY .

Every game that is on PS3 , XBOX and PC ends up waiting for one of the three to get the games DLC's processed for one of the 2 consoles . This go around it is SONY causing the delay and the game developer(TRION ) has chosen to not delay the other 2 platforms release while the slowpoke gets there act together .

stop blaming the developer as they can not force the console stores to place DLCs in the store before SONY/MS approve it for their store , but they can choose to release it for the PC platfom (the only one they have any release control over) when it is ready

LOL, this is in no way Sony's fault...the delay is entirely Trion's fault. They've been through the cert process before on PS3 and knowing the process still chose to inform PS3 players that DLC would be out on the 10th.

I'd love to stop blaming the developer but when the shoe fits.

medvampire
12-07-2013, 10:30 PM
The DLC is just now finished and in alpha testing on PC. So my self as a PC user should have to wait for the minority of players to get cert from a third party not under Trion to approve a DLC. The season pass users will get the content just not the ones who chose to buy the DLC one at a time. So the population that will have to wait for this DLC is small comparied to the over all group. So you complain the wants of the few should over rule the wants of the many and hold this DLC? That would be a worse decision for Trion because the majority would have to wait. Take a lesson if you want to continue to play and get DLC when they are released buy the season pass but if you want to just bash a sound company decision ... go play the game have fun or load a different disk and play something else.

DanteYoda
12-07-2013, 10:34 PM

This exactly.

There is a way around it Zombiekitty, Purchase the Season pass today or tomorrow and you'll get the DLC 2 when PC and Xbox does.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:35 PM
The DLC is just now finished and in alpha testing on PC. So my self as a PC user should have to wait for the minority of players to get cert from a third party not under Trion to approve a DLC. The season pass users will get the content just not the ones who chose to buy the DLC one at a time. So the population that will have to wait for this DLC is small comparied to the over all group. So you complain the wants of the few should over rule the wants of the many and hold this DLC? That would be a worse decision for Trion because the majority would have to wait. Take a lesson if you want to continue to play and get DLC when they are released buy the season pass but if you want to just bash a sound company decision ... go play the game have fun or load a different disk and play something else.

When you've fully read and comprehend what's been typed in this thread, try again.

Sliverbaer
12-07-2013, 10:35 PM
If it makes you feel any better, buy it now or later, you'll get all the same bugs as the rest of us. :p

You'll still be able to join others in the Arkbreaks, which I am sure will be plentiful. Then collect the cold-fire weapons. Just have to wait to use them. You're not missing out on the Volge 'outfit', kinda bulky lookin if you ask me.

I like this game on pc but if I were on ps3 there is no way I would have stuck with it.

Exactly why I switched to PC. (PS3 when I bought it was ~$300, just the CPU in the PC I built was, by itself ~$300.)

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:37 PM
This exactly.

There is a way around it Zombiekitty, Purchase the Season pass today or tomorrow and you'll get the DLC 2 when PC and Xbox does.

Why would I waste that much money on a game that's now selling for, oh, what was it.. $2.95? Trion could've prevented this crap from happening, much like with the first DLC. They chose not to. I'm not wasting money on a season pass that I shouldn't be required to purchase for the DLC that was promised to all users on all consoles on the 10th of December.

Now, by all means, if anyone whom suggests such wants to throw in the cash to purchase the season pass for all the folks who are pissed off and going to be without due to Trion's epic errors, feel free. Which is doubtful.. so..

cypheon
12-07-2013, 10:39 PM
And simplifying what I've said in order for it to say: "Trion should have their ducks in a row (i.e., bugs, tests, etc) before submitting it," seems too simple, but apparently isn't being gathered from merely stating "Submitting it several weeks ahead of stated release date."

i'm going to go shoot myself in the head. not because of you, but because i had JUST FINISHED typing up a very well written (in my un-professional opinion of myself) explanation of the development and distribution cycle, coupled with another explanation about how the time of year (the big shopping holidays all across the globe) are all leading up to marketplace dlc's being delayed....

and instead of hitting the post button... i clicked the giant purple "reply to thread" button and lost it all....

i had paragraphs full of punctuation and proper spelling! i was polite about everything i had typed in! i even felt better about the world of online gaming after having re-read through it to proofread it....

and i lost it all by clicking the wrong frigging button.

*sigh*

i need beer. you want some beer, kitty?

Deunan
12-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Just for clarification, DLC 2 has been certified with Sony. This has nothing to do with certification. It's an issue of how long it takes to get the game setup for purchase in the PSN store after certification. I have no idea why it takes longer for the PSN store than it does for the XBox or Steam. I also have no idea why Trion would say something so unrealistic as saying that it would be available for purchase in the PS3 store on the 10th if it already knew it takes several weeks lead time to setup the game for purchase after certification and it knew it wouldn't finish certification several weeks earlier than the 10th (which it had to know or at least suspect given when the release date was announced). That was foolishly optimistic and stupid.

Trion should have said, and should say in the future releases that it's day X for all Season Pass holders and PC and Xbox players and day Y for non-Season Pass holder PS3 players unless it intends to delay release until it's setup for all platforms for all players.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:41 PM
i'm going to go shoot myself in the head. not because of you, but because i had JUST FINISHED typing up a very well written (in my un-professional opinion of myself) explanation of the development and distribution cycle, coupled with another explanation about how the time of year (the big shopping holidays all across the globe) are all leading up to marketplace dlc's being delayed....

and instead of hitting the post button... i clicked the giant purple "reply to thread" button and lost it all....

i had paragraphs full of punctuation and proper spelling! i was polite about everything i had typed in! i even felt better about the world of online gaming after having re-read through it to proofread it....

and i lost it all by clicking the wrong frigging button.

*sigh*

i need beer. you want some beer, kitty?

Lol, nope. I quit drinking when I grew up and expected more out of life. Cigarettes, sure. I think they keep me from becoming murderous.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Trion should have said, and should say in the future releases that it's day X for all Season Pass holders and PC and Xbox players and day Y for non-Season Pass holder PS3 players unless it intends to delay release until it's setup for all platforms for all players.

This is something I think they should do; and it wouldn't be difficult, unless you're expecting Trion to announce such on their Whiskey Fridays.

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 10:45 PM
This exactly.

I'm not sure how many other ways I can say the same danged thing...this is not a Sony thing.

If Sony had said you developers need to have DLC to us 3 weeks prior to its release and Trion delivers it to them 10 days prior - how is that Sony's fault?

You are implying that Trion is just an innocent developer and had no idea that big bad Sony was imposing this bizarre restriction on them.

That would be a flimsy excuse even if they hadn't already done a DLC release on the PS3. However, since they've already been through this with Sony it becomes a downright idiotic excuse.

Deunan
12-07-2013, 10:46 PM
There is a way around it Zombiekitty, Purchase the Season pass today or tomorrow and you'll get the DLC 2 when PC and Xbox does.There is a significant and well founded distrust of Trion by PS3 players in particular. Asking them to purchase the Season Pass is asking them to potentially flush money down the drain for future DLC that may not be worth it or playable given Trion's record (or lack thereof) for addressing the stability and memory leak problems plaguing PS3 players.

cypheon
12-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Lol, nope. I quit drinking when I grew up and expected more out of life. Cigarettes, sure. I think they keep me from becoming murderous.

the general gist of it was....
first, they need a finished (ie- no show-stopper bugs at all) product to submit for certification.
sony has to get through the long list of other dlc that were submitted first.
then someone at sony has to go through the still long list of dlc, adding them into the marketplace and making sure that when someone clicks on "buy", the money goes to the right people, and all that fun stuff...

and then it was followed by a brief explanation of how this is the wrong time of year for a major dlc, purely because everyone who has a ps3 dev kit (and their grandmas, too) is submitting -something- in order to capitalize on the holiday shopping spree's that are going on globally right now.

and, again, my one shining moment of perfect, sober, clarity.... gone because of a button click.

(though i should point out, when i say "i need a beer", i do mean just one beer. i've only gotten black out drunk once. 6 people have told me 6 different stories about what happened that night so now i don't drink past 'this feels relaxing', as i have no idea what i did to make 6 friends incapable of agreeing to one story)

DanteYoda
12-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Why would I waste that much money on a game that's now selling for, oh, what was it.. $2.95? Trion could've prevented this crap from happening, much like with the first DLC. They chose not to. I'm not wasting money on a season pass that I shouldn't be required to purchase for the DLC that was promised to all users on all consoles on the 10th of December.

Now, by all means, if anyone whom suggests such wants to throw in the cash to purchase the season pass for all the folks who are pissed off and going to be without due to Trion's epic errors, feel free. Which is doubtful.. so..

I bought the season pass last week and so did my friends, i don't care how much i paid for the game ($5 on steam) as games go dying or not i still think it was worth it.

I could be playing some horrible crap like Guildwars 2 and wasting a fortune on junk every 2 weeks or play a great game like Defiance for much much cheaper.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure how many other ways I can say the same danged thing...this is not a Sony thing.

If Sony had said you developers need to have DLC to us 3 weeks prior to its release and Trion delivers it to them 10 days prior - how is that Sony's fault?

You are implying that Trion is just an innocent developer and had no idea that big bad Sony was imposing this bizarre restriction on them.

That would be a flimsy excuse even if they hadn't already done a DLC release on the PS3. However, since they've already been through this with Sony it becomes a downright idiotic excuse.

It's just beating a dead horse; the Trion fanboys and fangirls aren't going to get it, because they refuse to comprehend how their beloved developers could be so incompetent.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 10:52 PM
the general gist of it was....
first, they need a finished (ie- no show-stopper bugs at all) product to submit for certification.
sony has to get through the long list of other dlc that were submitted first.
then someone at sony has to go through the still long list of dlc, adding them into the marketplace and making sure that when someone clicks on "buy", the money goes to the right people, and all that fun stuff...

and then it was followed by a brief explanation of how this is the wrong time of year for a major dlc, purely because everyone who has a ps3 dev kit (and their grandmas, too) is submitting -something- in order to capitalize on the holiday shopping spree's that are going on globally right now.

and, again, my one shining moment of perfect, sober, clarity.... gone because of a button click.

(though i should point out, when i say "i need a beer", i do mean just one beer. i've only gotten black out drunk once. 6 people have told me 6 different stories about what happened that night so now i don't drink past 'this feels relaxing', as i have no idea what i did to make 6 friends incapable of agreeing to one story)

Overtkill21 is explaining it much better than I can. But it still boils back to the fact that Trion knew Sony's "ways," and could have prevented this fiasco. They chose not to, and instead lead us all to believe that we'd have access to the DLC on the 10th (buggy, or otherwise). And now everyone wants to blame Sony, instead of the developers for not having their ducks in a row and getting everything sorted out before setting a projected release date.

I get what you're saying. But it isn't Sony's fault, and saying such is a cop out for Trion. Trion needs to step up to the plate if they want to make Defiance be worth anything. Part of me is half convinced they would rather watch it sink, and watch Rift rise.

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-07-2013, 10:53 PM
LOL, this is in no way Sony's fault...the delay is entirely Trion's fault. They've been through the cert process before on PS3 and knowing the process still chose to inform PS3 players that DLC would be out on the 10th.

I'd love to stop blaming the developer but when the shoe fits.

again you fail to comprehend that TRION can not force SONY to put the DLC on the PS3 store , that decision is entirely upto SONY.

that is a fact for every game that is available in an online format for PC, PS3 , and XBOX , the developers in the past have delayed the release on the PC and one of the 2 consoles so that it would be available for all 3 at the same time . This time they did not delay the release to wait for one of the consoles to put it on their store .

Blame SONY because it is SONY causing the delay , the DLC is already certified for both consoles and MS has flagged it to go on the XBOX store for the scheduled release date .

DanteYoda
12-07-2013, 10:53 PM

The reason i blame Sony?

This isn't the first game i've seen where this issue has come up..i never said Trion is blameless but Sony has always had issues with certifications and PSN, i'm actually surprised Microsoft got through as well, they tend to have similar issues as well.

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 11:06 PM
6 months ago the first mention of how this is Sony's fault would have been met with a barrage of logical responses as to why that is an illogical conclusion.

I've attempted to be as logical with my replies - it seems these folks are more interested in trolling you zombiekitty than having any logical discourse.

It also seems that the dramatic drop in the quantity of players was accompanied by a drop in quality as well.

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 11:10 PM
again you fail to comprehend that TRION can not force SONY to put the DLC on the PS3 store , that decision is entirely upto SONY.

that is a fact for every game that is available in an online format for PC, PS3 , and XBOX , the developers in the past have delayed the release on the PC and one of the 2 consoles so that it would be available for all 3 at the same time . This time they did not delay the release to wait for one of the consoles to put it on their store .

Blame SONY because it is SONY causing the delay , the DLC is already certified for both consoles and MS has flagged it to go on the XBOX store for the scheduled release date .

I fail to comprehend? Thanks, I just about spit Pepsi on my laptop laughing at that.

Please see my earlier replies; I see no need to add another comment about why your comment displays a far greater lack of comprehension when they already do a good job.

Deunan
12-07-2013, 11:15 PM
This isn't the first game i've seen where this issue has come up..i never said Trion is blameless but Sony has always had issues with certifications and PSN...
**Le sigh**

Let's try this one more time. This is NOT a certification issue with Sony. DLC2 has already been certified with Sony. This is a procedural issue where it takes longer to setup the game for sale in the PSN store. Trion already knew that it takes longer to setup the game for sale in the PSN store. That's undeniably clear from Elizabeth's post on the Community Blog about the delay in being available for purchase in the PSN store and also from the fact that Trion has already been through this song and dance with the PSN store before with DLC1. Specifically it was acknowledged by Elizabeth that it takes several weeks after certification to setup Trion DLC for sale in the PSN store.

Now lets look at the timeline. Trion announced the release date on November 21st which is less than three weeks away. Presumably, the certification process for either platform had not been completed at that time so how intelligent do you think it is to make the blanket statement that it would be available for purchase for all platforms by the 10th? This isn't Sony's fault, it's Trion's for making an unrealistic representation about the release date for the PSN store.

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-07-2013, 11:15 PM
6 months ago the first mention of how this is Sony's fault would have been met with a barrage of logical responses as to why that is an illogical conclusion.

I've attempted to be as logical with my replies - it seems these folks are more interested in trolling you zombiekitty than having any logical discourse.

It also seems that the dramatic drop in the quantity of players was accompanied by a drop in quality as well.

wrong your blaming TRION (who has fubared alot in this game) for SONY not flagging the DLC to release in the PSN store at the same time that SONY certified the DLC for release on the PS3 .

Blame TRION for what they do screw up not for things they have zero control over . TRION has zero control over when SONY flags something for release in the PSN store .

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 11:23 PM
wrong your blaming TRION (who has fubared alot in this game) for SONY not flagging the DLC to release in the PSN store at the same time that SONY certified the DLC for release on the PS3 .

Blame TRION for what they do screw up not for things they have zero control over . TRION has zero control over when SONY flags something for release in the PSN store .

For someone throwing around accusations of ignorance you sure do display a bunch. It seems Deunan is attempting to explain further...read closely and try to comprehend.

zombiekitty
12-07-2013, 11:26 PM

You've been very logical with your replies; I expected trolls. You can't post on any forum without them coming out in flocks. ;) It's alright. I made my point-- I know people agree, and I know the Trion fanboys and fangirls will always fail to see the error in Trion's ways.

And you're very right; the drop in quantity is also a drop in quality. It's sad. This game had a lot of potential.

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-07-2013, 11:49 PM
For someone throwing around accusations of ignorance you sure do display a bunch. It seems Deunan is attempting to explain further...read closely and try to comprehend.

TRION has no control over when SONY starts the process of flagging somthing for release in the PSN store . That process is entierly the responsibility of SONY , meaning SONY can start it at any time after they receive the release candidate , including starting that process before certifying it . SONY chose to wait until after they certified it knowing that the developer(TRION in this case) planed to release it on the 10th.

TRION does not have to wait until SONY pushes it to the PSN store to release the DLC , nor do they have to wait for MS to push it to the XBOX store .

I never accused anyone of being ignorant , I just pionted out the truth that your (and others) blaming TRION for something that they have zero control over , namely the pushing of the DLC out to the respective console stores .

kendillin
12-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Kept you waiting, huh?

Overtkill21
12-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Since you seem unable to scroll up and read, Destroyer Deathsmane:

**Le sigh**

Let's try this one more time. This is NOT a certification issue with Sony. DLC2 has already been certified with Sony. This is a procedural issue where it takes longer to setup the game for sale in the PSN store. Trion already knew that it takes longer to setup the game for sale in the PSN store. That's undeniably clear from Elizabeth's post on the Community Blog about the delay in being available for purchase in the PSN store and also from the fact that Trion has already been through this song and dance with the PSN store before with DLC1. Specifically it was acknowledged by Elizabeth that it takes several weeks after certification to setup Trion DLC for sale in the PSN store.

Now lets look at the timeline. Trion announced the release date on November 21st which is less than three weeks away. Presumably, the certification process for either platform had not been completed at that time so how intelligent do you think it is to make the blanket statement that it would be available for purchase for all platforms by the 10th? This isn't Sony's fault, it's Trion's for making an unrealistic representation about the release date for the PSN store.

Deunan
12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
TRION has no control over when SONY starts the process of flagging somthing for release in the PSN store . That process is entierly the responsibility of SONY , meaning SONY can start it at any time after they receive the release candidate , including starting that process before certifying it . SONY chose to wait until after they certified it knowing that the developer(TRION in this case) planed to release it on the 10th.Sony didn't choose to wait until after certification. That's the process. Certification first, then commencing the process for setting up the software for download and purchase from the PSN store. This is beyond contestation. Besides it being common sense that one doesn't begin the process of placement of the software for purchase online before certification, Elizabeth made it clear that this is the process as Trion understood it when it made the announcement for the release date. Trion doesn't have control over the timeline of Sony's process but it has a very good idea of what that timeline minimally entails, which is why Trion is to blame for representing that the release date for all platforms would be the 10th when at best it was an unrealistic prediction for the PSN store. If it's beyond your ability to comprehend this at this point then there's no point in engaging you in further conversation on the matter because you clearly either lack the aptitude to continue or are being deliberately obtuse.

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 12:29 AM
This exactly.

So reward Trion for a job well failed? If that is the case you were an honor student right?

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Sony didn't choose to wait until after certification. That's the process. Certification first, then commencing the process for setting up the software for download and purchase from the PSN store. This is beyond contestation. Besides it being common sense that one doesn't begin the process of placement of the software for purchase online before certification, Elizabeth made it clear that this is the process as Trion understood it when it made the announcement for the release date. Trion doesn't have control over the timeline of Sony's process but it has a very good idea of what that timeline minimally entails, which is why Trion is to blame for representing that the release date for all platforms would be the 10th when at best it was an unrealistic prediction for the PSN store. If it's beyond your ability to comprehend this at this point then there's no point in engaging you in further conversation on the matter because you clearly either lack the aptitude to continue or are being deliberately obtuse.

This is not Trions first DLC on PS3. Sorry they should have had the Damn thing in on time. They knew how long it would take.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 12:35 AM
So reward Trion for a job well failed? If that is the case you were an honor student right?

LOL. Thanks for putting my thoughts into better words, there.

yue
12-08-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm the last one to actually stick up for the failure they call trion but Psn doesn't update till later so the Dlc is available just not single Dlc cause Psn has to up date ..... Now y they wouldn't knowing this put it out Wednesday is beyond me but hey what we expect

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Sony didn't choose to wait until after certification. That's the process. Certification first, then commencing the process for setting up the software for download and purchase from the PSN store. This is beyond contestation. Besides it being common sense that one doesn't begin the process of placement of the software for purchase online before certification, Elizabeth made it clear that this is the process as Trion understood it when it made the announcement for the release date. Trion doesn't have control over the timeline of Sony's process but it has a very good idea of what that timeline minimally entails, which is why Trion is to blame for representing that the release date for all platforms would be the 10th when at best it was an unrealistic prediction for the PSN store. If it's beyond your ability to comprehend this at this point then there's no point in engaging you in further conversation on the matter because you clearly either lack the aptitude to continue or are being deliberately obtuse.

so it is the process that SONY uses but for some reason they did not choose that process?

TRION has made many errors with this game and has been taken to task on these boards for them.

TRION sent out a release candidate to MS and SONY , most likely with in a few days of each other( this is TRION)

TRION announced a release date

TRION then announced that BOTH MS and SONY had certified the DLC .

TRION at the same time announced that the DLC would not be on the PSN store due to SONY's lead up process , a process that TRION has zero control over when it starts , or the length of . TRION did say they will be turning the DLC content on manually for PS3 players who bought the DLC Season Pass.

TRION has zero control over SONY or MS internal processes nor do they have an obligation to delay a release beyond the date it is certified on , and neither MS or SONY is obligated to put the DLC into their respective console stores before they choose to after certifying the DLC.

Something to consider also TRION only has one game out that is on the PS3 that I know of and that is Defiance and it only has one DLC that has gone live .It is possible that the part of the long delay for the release of DLC1 was due to TRION waiting on SONY to inform them of when they would have it available in the PSN store . TRION might have thought that it was only due to it being the first DLC and not realized that SONY has a slow internal process until now.

TRION should have never issued a release date , but they did . TRION is also meeting that date .

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-08-2013, 01:43 AM
This is not Trions first DLC on PS3. Sorry they should have had the Damn thing in on time. They knew how long it would take.

you should try not to appear like you are attacking the person who has put forth the best view that is blaming TRION .

Amack
12-08-2013, 02:17 AM
I finally made it to the last page of this thread... I actually felt myself lose at least 14 IQ points. Thanks alot.

DanteYoda
12-08-2013, 02:52 AM

No i just see it as a non-issue, if i were a Ps3 player i'd blame Sony because i know they are at fault, not Trion, but luckily i play PC so i have none of that nonsense to deal with.

Trion finished the build, they send it too Sony and Microsoft for testing (they both pass it) but Sony has a two week turn around to put it up on PSN and now its some how Trions fault..

Trion had to pass the Build to those companies when it was ready enough to be played in Trions eyes..

TigrisMorte
12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I finally made it to the last page of this thread... I actually felt myself lose at least 14 IQ points. Thanks alot.

there with you. Man so many pointless...
Listen guys. Trion made a decision for business reasons not to hold up the DLC for season pass holders and those stores which allow a "quicker to store" application path.
Sony has their reasons for the "longer time to store". And as it is their store, every right to impose those on anyone wishing to sell in their store.
PS3 owners have every right to be pleased or displeased with the fact that Trion has a "still working on it." until about the last minute development cycle.
Where third party store's are not involved this makes little difference in the dates. But in the case of Sony, it means that PS3 owners must wait to be able to purchase the DLC from the store.

Personally, I think they should release as quickly as possible once the "acceptable bug level" is achieved and let the delays not in their control fall where they may. Many of you obviously feel slighted by this. As customers you have that right.

My suggestion is, consider this the "early adopter" period and then once it is in the store check for opinions before purchase, perhaps delay of purchase, or no purchase. You'll feel better and, whether you buy or not, will have made a wiser purchase decision.

Peace and calm the F down.

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Ok let’s take a moment to look at the facts. 1st Trion worlds had the same issue launching the first DLC a few months ago, so should be aware of the steps and time it takes to get the DLC in store. 2nd every time there is a problem with Defiance on the PS3, Trion Worlds blames Sony. 3rd if you are on Xbox or PC and are commenting on this post then you are in fact a troll as it does not affect you. 4th I to was a fan boy when I first got the game; however those days are gone. No more blindly handing Trion money until they prove they are worth it. In 8 months Trion has went through 3 CEO’s, laid off 80% of its staff and closed offices in the EU and here. I love Defiance and think the game could have been very big for Trion, but the staff they have is making one bad call after another and should be replaced (remember this is a staff that said in live stream that they drink in the office on Friday). As for the fairness factor, I think a T3 lockbox is nothing but an insult. We have to go weeks of getting knocked around with new weapons we cannot use or defend against. You think this is fair now?

xilfxlegion
12-08-2013, 09:19 AM
There's numerous people pissed off now.

Are you kidding me? You had this one great, miraculous chance, to have players possibly - POSSIBLY - change their mind about the bullcrap we on the PS3 have been spoon-fed. And now, again, WE get the short end of the stick and you try to make it up with.. ..really.. ..a T3 box? I don't want your box of crap. I want the DLC, or nothing. Everyone else gets the DLC on the 10th, except PS3. Go f'n figure. I guess we should've expected it-- same old Trion.

I guess we're too busy getting drunk every Friday to get everything in order for launch though, right? I'll take my money and go get something else; Defiance is sinking like the Titanic, and don't say you don't see it. You guys are all about Rift; Rift, or bust, right? This is ridiculous. Oh, and don't forget-- it's ALWAYS Sony's fault; never Trion's. I call bullsh*t.

.. not like the DLC would've worked right on the 10th, anyway.

so you are disappointed about having to wait to be disappointed ?

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 09:20 AM
so you are disappointed about having to wait to be disappointed ?

Damn Straight…..lol

gravelocke
12-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Is this the thread where everyone complains about having to wait to buy the DLC that they weren't going to buy in the first place because they think the game isn't worth playing, but worth taking the time to post about it in the forum?

I sincerely hope that your logic is not REALLY that flawed.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Damn Straight…..lol

Disappointed about waiting to be disappointed? Yeah, that about sums it up. I was kind of looking forward to the DLC as something that just MIGHT be worthwhile, and give me something to do other than roll around and shoot courier shots at nothing.. but, guess not. Not for two weeks anyway; and then that's IF I even buy it.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Is this the thread where everyone complains about having to wait to buy the DLC that they weren't going to buy in the first place because they think the game isn't worth playing, but worth taking the time to post about it in the forum?

I sincerely hope that your logic is not REALLY that flawed.

I sincerely hope you learn to read sarcasm as sarcasm when you see it. Nevertheless, no, you've got the wrong thread.

hey u
12-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I found it helps if I lower your expectations by 60 percent. Anything with Defiance just expect it to have issues and if Trion says it will come out on the 10th well that means the 15-25th of the month I say.

Just lower your expectations for this game. I did and has helped lots.

3rdpig
12-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Trion should have been more forthcoming with the information that the PS3 version might take longer than the others. Or they should have delayed the others so that all 3 could be released simultaneously.

They chose neither route and now one section of the player base sees themselves as being treated unfairly, and rightfully so.

Life isn't fair and from time to time you'll get screwed over for no reason other than random chance. You have to learn to roll with the punches.

So, PS3 users, what do you want Trion to do for you, what do you want the PC and Xbox communities to do for you and what do you intend to do for yourselves to mitigate this injury?

hardy83
12-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Trion should have been more forthcoming with the information that the PS3 version might take longer than the others. Or they should have delayed the others so that all 3 could be released simultaneously.

1. Uhhh, they did. lol That's what the blog post was about.
2. Why would they delay everything if one part is getting delayed. Then you'd have more people even angrier for delaying something for no real reason other than, they just did.

3rdpig
12-08-2013, 12:10 PM
2. Why would they delay everything if one part is getting delayed. Then you'd have more people even angrier for delaying something for no real reason other than, they just did.

Since the point of my post has apparently evaded you, why don't you just let the PS3 people answer?

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 12:12 PM

So, in your opinion, giving a 3-4 day notice that PS3 users that don't have the season pass won't be getting the DLC on the 10th is.. being more forthcoming, and letting us know ahead of time? That would be like me waiting until two days before Christmas, then looking at my children and being like "Oh, wait, no.. sorry.. you're gonna have to wait two more weeks before you can open any of your presents, because there was a hang up."

Screw that. It's a cop out. If they would make sure everything is in order - PS3, PC, XBOX - with their certifications, and when Sony is going to put it up in the PSN store, instead of putting out a false projection date.. then nothing would be delayed. It would all be on track. It isn't rocket science.

Calysia
12-08-2013, 12:23 PM
I can see you still here after Christmas flogging this thread to death.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 12:25 PM
I can see you still here after Christmas flogging this thread to death.

Probably not, given I'll have a new game by then. But I can see you and others still here defending Trion til the death of the game, so I guess that makes it even.. :cool:

kasaitenma
12-08-2013, 12:27 PM
trion's defiance dev team should be offically nominated for dev team of the year award for 2013. everything about this game has been polished and repolished. they never have patching issues. dlcs are totally with 10 dollars, the customer really gets his money's worth. :rolleyes:

on a serious note, y dont u reduce the season pass price for ps3 instead of a useless t3 box considering that game is on sale for 2.50 on the psn. if not how bout a real date for this dlc for ps3 users instead a vague "its delayed". u could also try give ps3 users a bonus loot for 2 weeks

Calysia
12-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I love how you figure that anyone that disagrees with you is defending Trion. Has it occurred to you that perhaps we just disagree with your position?

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 12:35 PM
trion's defiance dev team should be offically nominated for dev team of the year award for 2013. everything about this game has been polished and repolished. they never have patching issues. dlcs are totally with 10 dollars, the customer really gets his money's worth. :rolleyes:

on a serious note, y dont u reduce the season pass price for ps3 instead of a useless t3 box considering that game is on sale for 2.50 on the psn. if not how bout a real date for this dlc for ps3 users instead a vague "its delayed". u could also try give ps3 users a bonus loot for 2 weeks

Last part is definitely agreeable. The T3 box is crap, and they know it. It was like on the blog post they made, someone had commented: "Watch out, big spenders!" or something similar. Instead of that, they could've put into place a bonus loot/exp, whatever, for the two weeks its going to take to fix this screw up. But as per usual, they aren't into compensation. This was suggested before, I believe, with the first DLC.. and .. nada.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 12:35 PM
I love how you figure that anyone that disagrees with you is defending Trion. Has it occurred to you that perhaps we just disagree with your position?

How about you go troll the PVP threads? They're more enjoyable.

Overtkill21
12-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Why is it that there are actually players out there that still somehow think this is a Sony thing? So many folks have attempted to explain why that is ridiculous yet you all still seem to not understand.

Like Deunan said, either you all are just too dense to get it or you are being deliberately obtuse.

Calysia
12-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Why is it that there are actually players out there that still somehow think this is a Sony thing? So many folks have attempted to explain why that is ridiculous yet you all still seem to not understand.

Like Deunan said, either you all are just too dense to get it or you are being deliberately obtuse.

Because it is a Sony thing. They control their store not Trion.

It's also a Trion thing. They made a decision...right or wrong...to release the DLC to PC and XBox users and those people who purchased the season pass before Sony placed it in their store.

Rincewind
12-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I have read both sides of this so called game breaking
problem and really I find it both funny and true at the
same time, but for me I am glad that the dlc will be
out. I'm glad that that there's new content.
I also believe (not because I'm a season pass holder)
that all dlc's should be available for SPH before non SPH.
If the game brings so much aggravation, maybe it's not
for you.
In any relationship you'll ever be in, there will be ups and
and there will be downs.

Overtkill21
12-08-2013, 01:05 PM

It's also a Trion thing. They made a decision...right or wrong...to release the DLC to PC and XBox users and those people who purchased the season pass before Sony placed it in their store.

LOL, ok I get it, dense.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 01:06 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/112ejvc.jpg

I think that about covers it.

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
I have read both sides of this so called game breaking
problem and really I find it both funny and true at the
same time, but for me I am glad that the dlc will be
out. I'm glad that that there's new content.
I also believe (not because I'm a season pass holder)
that all dlc's should be available for SPH before non SPH.
If the game brings so much aggravation, maybe it's not
for you.
In any relationship you'll ever be in, there will be ups and
and there will be downs.
I have to disagree, if you think about it non SPH players will be paying more for the DLC. We dont get the free one

Rincewind
12-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I have to disagree, if you think about it non SPH players will be paying more for the DLC. We dont get the free one
If your not a SPH you should pay more. I don't understand (the free one) comment.
Please elaborate.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 01:55 PM
If your not a SPH you should pay more. I don't understand (the free one) comment.
Please elaborate.

..lol. Wow.

Rincewind
12-08-2013, 02:11 PM
..lol. Wow.

Thanks for elaborating. You've shown you are the kitten and not the cat.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Mm, no. You asked Thomas to elaborate. I was merely displaying my amusement at the idea that you need it elaborated upon.

Overtkill21
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM

He's speaking of the fact that the cost of the 5-DLC Season Pass is $39.99 - a reduction in the price of $10.01 for season pass buyers compared to the $50.00 you'd spend if you were to buy each of the 5 DLCs at $10.

Rincewind
12-08-2013, 02:32 PM
He's speaking of the fact that the cost of the 5-DLC Season Pass is $39.99 - a reduction in the price of $10.01 for season pass buyers compared to the $50.00 you'd spend if you were to buy each of the 5 DLCs at $10.

And as it should be. I invested in the futur of this game.

And to everyone that will state that they have also invested by
buying bits, you are correct. But there is something deferent.
Short term investment and long term investment.

Gtg games calling

Narq
12-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm thinking there should be a monthly fee of about $10-15. This should increase the player population enough to actually make Defiance a viable MMO (of course, by "monthly fee" I mean the amount Trion should pay US to play it).

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Wow I cannot believe that so many fan boys are still out there defending Trion. The Fact is the ball was dropped and Trion insults us with a useless jester of a T3 lockbox, insulting. My guess is that many of the people defending Trion got the game for less than $10 and adding in the DLC didn’t even equal the cost that most of us paid for it in the first place. When I first got on the forums I to was a fan boy just like most of you and defended Trion, but sadly that day has come and gone. Trion knew that they told people that the DLC would be coming out on the 10th; Trion knows the steps needed to get a DLC added to the PSN store; therefore it is not Sony’s fault, but 100% Trion’s. Like I stated before this is the 2nd time this has happened. Trion gave many of the SPH the 1st DLC before it was in the store. Trion blamed Sony then as well. I would not have been as upset if Trion was honest and just said “we dropped the ball and because of this we will not have the DLC out for a few weeks on the PSN Store, we are sorry for the delay”. But sadly this is not the case.

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 04:27 PM
And as it should be. I invested in the futur of this game.

And to everyone that will state that they have also invested by
buying bits, you are correct. But there is something deferent.
Short term investment and long term investment.

Gtg games calling

Edit: Future not futur

Narq
12-08-2013, 04:31 PM
When I first got on the forums I to was a fan boy...
Edit: too not to

[Glass houses, brother... glass houses]

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Trollololol. Anyway.

Thomas made the point he was attempting to make, unlike the last poster who was merely defending Trion with errors in his text. But what does it matter?

Fact still remains: Trion ****ed up. Trion fanboys and girls will still defend Trion until the death of Defiance, and all of us on the PS3 without season passes will have to wait two extra weeks and be compensated with a T3 box of **** (as per usual), when they could have simplified it all and made sure they were on key with Sony for the release date. Trion dropped the ball (again, as per usual), and can't even do anything worthwhile such as offer boosts.. ..and then the community on here defending them decide that everything is a-okay with that, and it's all good for PS3 players to get the short end of the stick all the time.

I bet if XBOX or PC users encountered this issue, the forums would be flooded.

Lightningman
12-08-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm reading this and I asking myself can't we say **** happens and move on I mean complaining about stuff that u can't change is pointless, yes it sucks but you guys just have to deal with it. Lives not perfect why should game dlc be?

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm reading this and I asking myself can't we say **** happens and move on I mean complaining about stuff that u can't change is pointless, yes it sucks but you guys just have to deal with it. Lives not perfect why should game dlc be?

Here's the thing. Your comment here is comparing apples to oranges; we can't change the way Trion operates, but they should operate better in order to keep a successful business. They should be able to deliver what they promise without hitches and **** ups galore, and not only have their **** ups happening to one group of people on one console.

LIFE isn't perfect, but you can change life. DLC isn't perfect, but they could've had it released at the right time had they followed simple procedures to ensure that everything happened at the same time. They didn't. So, we complain-- and rightfully so.

Deunan
12-08-2013, 06:11 PM
TRION should have never issued a release date , but they did . TRION is also meeting that date .

In short: Arkbreaker is not going to be able to get on the PSN Store on December 10th.

http://www.webtalentmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/facepalm.jpg

cutlogarithm725
12-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I hate PlayStation anyway since the last scandle and leaked info but plain and simple i am not defending trion but if u dnt wana play then dnt just quit trion has ****ed up as usual yes they shud get things right before release the game will mostlikely die but hey ho if it does it does no skin off my neck

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 06:39 PM
http://www.webtalentmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/facepalm.jpg

LOL. Epic.

Thomas1975
12-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Edit: too not to

[Glass houses, brother... glass houses]

I love to through stones in a glass house, then when the glass brakes I’ll throw that as well…..lmao

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I love to through stones in a glass house, then when the glass brakes I’ll throw that as well…..lmao

Can I get in on that breakin' **** today? I'm in a ****ed up mood.

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-08-2013, 07:18 PM
TRION can not place the DLC on the PSN store only SONY can do that .

TRION does not have to wait until SONY puts it on the PSN store to release the DLC , by putting it on the live game servers TRION has met the release date . Release does not mean available to you right away .

Deunan your past posts show that your smart so stop grasping at straws you know full way that TRION can not put the DLC on the PSN store and that only SONY can put the DLC on the PSN store .

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 07:24 PM
TRION can not place the DLC on the PSN store only SONY can do that .

TRION does not have to wait until SONY puts it on the PSN store to release the DLC , by putting it on the live game servers TRION has met the release date . Release does not mean available to you right away .

Deunan your past posts show that your smart so stop grasping at straws you know full way that TRION can not put the DLC on the PSN store and that only SONY can put the DLC on the PSN store .

Again with this? TRION had the ability to submit their content to Sony weeks beforehand, so that it would be ready for release along with the other consoles. They failed. End of story.

Can the little fanboys and girls get lost now? It was proven last go-round with the first DLC that if you sat in Livechat for several hours that they could manually add the DLC to your account; it has nothing to do with Sony-- it's Trion. Trion fails hard, and I really and seriously can't believe that you little people still don't get that. Everyone who's said what they've said about Trion, and their failure to deliver the content to PS3 users that do not hold the season pass are accurate and correct. And as I've said numerous times during this thread, it is not rocket science. I know at least ten people who could do a better job at performing and running a game on three consoles.

Do you guys have cardboard cut-outs with TRION printed on them next to you in bed, also?

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Again with this? TRION had the ability to submit their content to Sony weeks beforehand, so that it would be ready for release along with the other consoles. They failed. End of story.

Can the little fanboys and girls get lost now? It was proven last go-round with the first DLC that if you sat in Livechat for several hours that they could manually add the DLC to your account; it has nothing to do with Sony-- it's Trion. Trion fails hard, and I really and seriously can't believe that you little people still don't get that. Everyone who's said what they've said about Trion, and their failure to deliver the content to PS3 users that do not hold the season pass are accurate and correct. And as I've said numerous times during this thread, it is not rocket science. I know at least ten people who could do a better job at performing and running a game on three consoles.

Do you guys have cardboard cut-outs with TRION printed on them next to you in bed, also?

please provide evidence that TRION has the ability to put any product on the PSN store without SONY being involved .

you do appear to be a SONY fanboy , since you refuse to even consider that the actual problem is on SONY's end , instead you place the entire blame on the developer who has zero control over the internal workings of SONY .

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 07:42 PM
please provide evidence that TRION has the ability to put any product on the PSN store without SONY being involved .

you do appear to be a SONY fanboy , since you refuse to even consider that the actual problem is on SONY's end , instead you place the entire blame on the developer who has zero control over the internal workings of SONY .

Please talk to people in area/zone chat, and those who witnessed and/or bragged about having it done, in game. They'll give you more detail than I could considering I didn't find it necessary to waste the time on crap-- I played a different game instead. The point made here was: TRION didn't deal with SONY to put the DLC content into someone else's account, at that time. Thus, it isn't a Sony-made issue.

And another correction for you: I'm in no way, shape, or form, a boy.. so, it's impossible for me to be a fanboy of any sort. I've considered the fact that the "actual problem" could've been Sony's problem, at first, but when it happened the first go round with DLC1.. and wasn't rectified THIS GO-ROUND, that proves Trion is incompetent when it comes to their releases, let alone customer service. So quit trying to prove otherwise, unless you're going to photocopy some documentation from Sony themselves where they take the blame.

Quit being ignorant now. It gets old reading the same invalid arguments.

Maixx
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
In many cases games just submit patchers or downloaders and not the actual content allowing them to change and update the game content.
Considering this is a "server side" game, that is all the store content is anyway on all platforms, so the argument that Trion changed the content that was submitted for approval is BS.

All the content in all the DLCs is server side and active, buying the DLC just flips the digital switch allowing someone to use it.
They could add the DLC to the bit store or defiance store if they wanted to as well, all it needs is a Damn code to enter to flip the Damn switch.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 07:48 PM
In many cases games just submit patchers or downloaders and not the actual content allowing them to change and update the game content.
Considering this is a "server side" game, that is all the store content is anyway on all platforms, so the argument that Trion changed the content that was submitted for approval is BS.

All the content in all the DLCs is server side and active, buying the DLC just flips the digital switch allowing someone to use it.
They could add the DLC to the bit store or defiance store if they wanted to as well, all it needs is a Damn code to enter to flip the Damn switch.

Thank you. Finally. Now watch, he'll try to hit you with a rebuttal too.

kasaitenma
12-08-2013, 07:52 PM

ur an idiot lol... sony requires according to trion "several weeks notice" in order to add something to the store. firstly, trion already knows this and according to trick in livestreams the dlc has been done for weeks (they prob should have sent it then?) and they have been working on dlc 3. again trion knew this and simply did not send the dlc to sony on time, trion missed the deadline not sony. thats trion being lazy. i should add that microsoft has the exact same dlc policy as sony,dlcs need to be sent ahead of time. next, its not like sony just adding this to their policy related to dlcs, this been the policy the whole time.

in addition, its not like trion has a sparkling record when it comes to supporting the game. i honestly can not thing of a patch that was done correctly and on time. to sum it all up, trion messed up again please dont try to shift the blame elsewhere. its the only way trion'll improve if at all

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 08:15 PM
ur an idiot lol... sony requires according to trion "several weeks notice" in order to add something to the store. firstly, trion already knows this and according to trick in livestreams the dlc has been done for weeks (they prob should have sent it then?) and they have been working on dlc 3. again trion knew this and simply did not send the dlc to sony on time, trion missed the deadline not sony. thats trion being lazy. i should add that microsoft has the exact same dlc policy as sony,dlcs need to be sent ahead of time. next, its not like sony just adding this to their policy related to dlcs, this been the policy the whole time.

in addition, its not like trion has a sparkling record when it comes to supporting the game. i honestly can not thing of a patch that was done correctly and on time. to sum it all up, trion messed up again please dont try to shift the blame elsewhere. its the only way trion'll improve if at all

More win. Epic.

DanteYoda
12-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Again with this? TRION had the ability to submit their content to Sony weeks beforehand, so that it would be ready for release along with the other consoles.

And if they'd done that, it wouldn't have been looked at by the Alpha PC players and missed a ton of bugs and SERVER CRASHES, you would have then blamed Trion anyway as the DLC2 would have been so broken and unplayable...but hey Sony players would have had it by the 10th of December..

Call me a Trion Fanboi all you want, better than being a Sony apologist any day in my opinion.

Maixx
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
And if they'd done that, it wouldn't have been looked at by the Alpha PC players and missed a ton of bugs and SERVER CRASHES, you would have then blamed Trion anyway as the DLC2 would have been so broken and unplayable...but hey Sony players would have had by the 10th of December..

Call me a Trion Fanboi all you want, better than being a Sony apologist any day in my opinion.

People don't get it.... The only thing you get from the Sony store is a digital key that turns the server side content on. This is not like other games that actually install the game data on your system.

All this test content is server side and not subject to approval.

kasaitenma
12-08-2013, 08:44 PM
dante they still would have been able to make those changes like they did with the first dlc? im sure sony ppl arent as blockheaded as american conservatives (the healthcare website woes dat be fixed now). im sure theyd allow trion to send an updated dlc with fixes as long as they had atleast sent it in prior. its about the internal bureaucracy of any corporation. as long as the ball is rolling, its easy to update the file

DanteYoda
12-08-2013, 08:50 PM
People don't get it.... The only thing you get from the Sony store is a digital key that turns the server side content on. This is not like other games that actually install the game data on your system.

All this test content is server side and not subject to approval.
If that is the case, why does my PC do a large update on the 10th?

dante they still would have been able to make those changes like they did with the first dlc? im sure sony ppl arent as blockheaded as american conservatives (the healthcare website woes dat be fixed now). im sure theyd allow trion to send an updated dlc with fixes as long as they had atleast sent it in prior. its about the internal bureaucracy of any corporation. as long as the ball is rolling, its easy to update the file
No Trion would have to submit a new Build for Approval again, on both console systems, especially for large issues like Server crashes etc.

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Okay, here we go again. Instead of giving a projected release date for all consoles, Trion could have simply submitted all their content to all consoles; they wouldn't have had to tell the community anything except their typical: "It's coming soon!" nonsense. One by one - if it's so-so-so difficult for Trion to get their **** approved by Sony, which it isn't.. Trion just doesn't submit it in time to get the DLC out along with other consoles' DLC - they would've gotten approval, and been in the stores at the very same time. The alpha servers would've had their tests, everything would have been complete, and it would've been available.. IF TRION had have bothered to do this.. instead, they give false dates to ALL CONSOLES saying that the DLC will be available, when they know damn well, per first go-round with the DLC 1, that it won't be.. if they do it the same ****ing way they did it the first time.

So, no, there wouldn't have been anymore server crashes and critical errors than there are now. There would've been more bugs because, hey, this is Defiance and Trion we're talking about. But, we're not going to sit and listen to the same damn cop outs for Trion, when it's clearly them at fault.

But even then, it's just a ****ing code that they have to put in to make it accessible.

Maixx
12-08-2013, 08:59 PM
If that is the case, why does my PC do a large update on the 10th

This is the game patch from Trion, every person playing the game has this, it has nothing to do with Sony, Microsoft, or Steam.
What you get from the Sony store is the digital key turning it on.
This is why SPH that already have the key can use the DLC.

Overtkill21
12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
And if they'd done that, it wouldn't have been looked at by the Alpha PC players and missed a ton of bugs and SERVER CRASHES, you would have then blamed Trion anyway as the DLC2 would have been so broken and unplayable...but hey Sony players would have had it by the 10th of December..

LOL How is it that you and Destroyer Deathsmane still don't get it?

Here let's try an example:

You have 3 Professors, 1 Math, 1 Physics, and 1 Biology.

You have midterms on the 10th of December.

Your Math professor says come in and do it on the 10th.
Your Physics professor says to bring it in 2 weeks early so he can grade it and post it online.
Your Biology professor says to bring it in 3 weeks early so she can grade it, check it for plagiarism and then post it online.

On midterm day you take your Math test - no problem.
However, you turn in your Physics paper and Biology paper on the same day 2 weeks early. Whose fault is it that you get an F in Biology? Is it the professor?

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM
LOL How is it that you and Destroyer Deathsmane still don't get it?

Here let's try an example:

You have 3 Professors, 1 Math, 1 Physics, and 1 Biology.

You have midterms on the 10th of December.

Your Math professor says come in and do it on the 10th.
Your Physics professor says to bring it in 2 weeks early so he can grade it and post it online.
Your Biology professor says to bring it in 3 weeks early so she can grade it, check it for plagiarism and then post it online.

On midterm day you take your Math test - no problem.
However, you turn in your Physics paper and Biology paper on the same day 2 weeks early. Whose fault is it that you get an F in Biology? Is it the professor?

This scenario should really, really, make them see-- but, you and I both know it's a lost cause. Fanboys, man. Fanboys with their Trion cardboard cut-outs beside them in bed. It's a form of selective hearing; they don't want to believe that their beloved Trion could screw up so bad. Thus, the blame has to be placed elsewhere.

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-08-2013, 09:17 PM
perhaps you should ask yourself this question

" Why does it take SONY so long to put a DLC on the PSN store after they have certified it ?"

zombiekitty
12-08-2013, 09:25 PM

" Why does it take SONY so long to put a DLC on the PSN store after they have certified it ?"

Or, rather, "Why doesn't Trion acknowledge the fact that Sony takes longer (though I've heard that XBOX has the same time frame), and thus work out all the kinks so they can stay true to their projected launch date?"

Endless loop; see, Loop, endless.

Read Overtkill's post; it made sense, and yet you ignored it wholly and completely as if you couldn't understand a word it said.

Overtkill21
12-08-2013, 09:27 PM

Perhaps that has absolutely nothing to do with it at all. LOL Seriously at this point I have to believe you are simply too mentally impaired to understand.

Destroyer Deathsmane
12-08-2013, 09:59 PM
zombiekitty Overtkill21 according to both of you I'm an idiot , ignorant ,or mentally impaired . perhaps that maybe true but I am also capable of asking you a question which both of you are unwilling to answer even to yourselves .

as for blaming TRION for the DLC not being in the PSN store you have your opinion and I have mine . Mine being that your blaming the wrong party in this case.

Jester
12-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!