PDA

View Full Version : Extra Life Pink Scalpel blade

DragonsWife
12-08-2013, 10:32 AM
So in the last hour of the Extra Life event I donated $25, a) because it's a good charity, b) to help a friend out so he could get goodies, and c) because I would get that pink scalpel blade. I marked my donation with the reference code, I got it in before 9am, I saved the receipt... and I have yet to get my pink scalpel blade.

I sent Trion Support a message on the 22nd, asking why I hadn't gotten it. I also asked why I hadn't gotten the title "The Charitable". Their response was that that title was for Rift players only... well, gee, that's not how the blog post on the Defiance page (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/10/23/join-team-trion-worlds-for-extra-life-great-loot-for-a-great-cause/) made it sound:

UNIQUE TITLES
Everyone who participates will receive the title “The Charitable”, and players who clock 25 hours of game time in Defiance and/or RIFT over the weekend will receive an additional unique in-game title.

Their response also said that according to their information I wasn't supposed to get the pink scalpel blade, and that I should contact the community team at community@defiance.com.

So I did that... on November 26. I figured I give it a bit of a wait, since it was a holiday weekend, and there's an upcoming DLC. And I've had no response aside from what looks like an automatically generated message.

So is that email address completely useless? Is getting a reward I was promised something I should give up on, just like giving up on Trion actually fixing this game and making it worth the money?

Sliverbaer
12-08-2013, 11:49 AM
I've also sent an email to that address, as well as the Rift address. I was told to do so by Support. In regards to how many hours I actually played, since I did do the full 25 hours, but didn't get the title. Into the void right? I'm guessing they are back-logged with everything else they do.

As for my blade, I got an email from Extra-Life (support@cmnhospitals.org) stating I hit the 3rd milestone (raising $150) and gained the Toxic Hellbug mount in Rift and Scalpel in Defiance.

I'm guessing yours is in regards to a last-minute promotion? I'd PM Dahanese or Morgana and see if they can look into it for you.

Narq
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM
"...I donated $25 because it's a good charity ...and... because I would get that pink scalpel blade. ...and I have yet to get my pink scalpel blade."
Well, the good news is that your $25 went to a good charity. And that's really all that matters, right?

DragonsWife
12-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Well, the good news is that your $25 went to a good charity. And that's really all that matters, right?
Yeah, except at this point it's more about the fact that once again, Trion fails to deliver what they've promised. They said they'd fix emergencies, they said they'd fix the lag issues, they said they'd fix the PS3 microphone+sound issues, the least they can do is actually give a reward they promised they would give, since they've failed to do all the other stuff.

Narq
12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
...it's more about the fact that once again, Trion fails to deliver what they've promised.
It's more about that. Gotcha.

dahanese
12-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Sorry about that - that email does not work anymore. Send me your Defiance in-game name and all other info that you sent to CS (including ticket number) via PM and I'll help you out.

dahanese
12-08-2013, 10:45 PM
I've also sent an email to that address, as well as the Rift address. I was told to do so by Support. In regards to how many hours I actually played, since I did do the full 25 hours, but didn't get the title. Into the void right? I'm guessing they are back-logged with everything else they do.

As for my blade, I got an email from Extra-Life (support@cmnhospitals.org) stating I hit the 3rd milestone (raising $150) and gained the Toxic Hellbug mount in Rift and Scalpel in Defiance.

I'm guessing yours is in regards to a last-minute promotion? I'd PM Dahanese or Morgana and see if they can look into it for you.

Just a quick question: do you guys get an auto-reply back from that address? It hasn't been used in quite some time (and apologies if people are telling you to use it - I'll get that fixed) - but it's more troubling that it's not giving you the proper reply.

Thanks.

Market
12-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Just a quick question: do you guys get an auto-reply back from that address? It hasn't been used in quite some time (and apologies if people are telling you to use it - I'll get that fixed) - but it's more troubling that it's not giving you the proper reply.

Thanks.

This is what that addy kicks back:

"Thanks for emailing the Defiance Community Mailbox!

If you are looking for Customer Service help, please head on over to http://support.trionworlds.com

If you would like to chat with the Trion Community team, please head over to the forums at http://forums.defiance.com and check out the Dev Tracker.

Thanks, and have a great day."

CRIXDA
12-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Well geez.
Dangit Dahanese!
The very LAST thing that You are supposed to do is swoop in here and try to actually attempt to
help someone.
You just ruin it for all of the "Trionistas" that sit at their computers and throw darts at photos of You, Greg and Trick while posting cute little comments about how little You care, how You just want our money.
What nerve.

Sliverbaer
12-09-2013, 09:14 AM
You might want to let Support know also...

Hello Johnny!

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

For assistance with your request, please email a detailed description of your issue and the surrounding circumstances to our community team, and they will respond to your request as fast as they can. Please be sure to include your account email address as well as your forum name.

RIFT - community@riftgame.com
Defiance - community@defiance.com
End of Nations - community@endofnations.com

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this ticket is 131121-000103.

Each gives a response.

Market
12-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Well geez.
Dangit Dahanese!
The very LAST thing that You are supposed to do is swoop in here and try to actually attempt to
help someone.
You just ruin it for all of the "Trionistas" that sit at their computers and throw darts at photos of You, Greg and Trick while posting cute little comments about how little You care, how You just want our money.
What nerve.

Thanks, dude! Next time you're going to do something like this, you wanna give me a squeegee to get all this coffee off my monitor?? :p

lol

Steel Fire
12-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Good thing I didn't want an ugly pink blade, so I don't care about not receiving it. :P Heck, I had a hard enough time just getting EL to take my different donations.

The fact the OP is blaming Trion for "not delivering" is not only selfish but likely misplaced. Does the OP conveniently forget that EL was hit by numerous DDOS attacks throughout the course of the event? The problems EL had just staying in operation couldn't possibly be why a donation got lost in the shuffle...

N3gativeCr33p
12-09-2013, 01:14 PM
I would sooner call that pink blade clunky before I called it ugly.

DragonsWife
12-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Good thing I didn't want an ugly pink blade, so I don't care about not receiving it. :P Heck, I had a hard enough time just getting EL to take my different donations.

The fact the OP is blaming Trion for "not delivering" is not only selfish but likely misplaced. Does the OP conveniently forget that EL was hit by numerous DDOS attacks throughout the course of the event? The problems EL had just staying in operation couldn't possibly be why a donation got lost in the shuffle...
The OP does not forget that. But when you contact customer service, are polite, give all the information that should be needed to get something done, there is a reasonable expectation of having the matter resolved in a timely manner. I've paid a lot of money into this game. I bought the game at full price, I bought the season pass, I've bought a number of items from the bits store, as a paying customer I should have a reasonable expectation of having my needs met.

Selfish would be throwing a **** fit, demanding the $25 donation back, and just generally being a ***** to all the customer service reps I deal with. I have not done that. I've put in a polite request, and seen it take more almost 3 weeks to get anywhere. I posted this here hoping for a response, and I've gotten one from dahanese, which is very nice =) Thank you dahanese!

OverloadUT
12-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Hey everyone (and especially DragonsWife)

Several things have happened:

1. DragonsWife, I just sent you your code for the blade. Looks like customer service replied to your request about the title, but didn't notice your blade request, so I fixed that for you.

2. Customer service was incorrect about The Charitable title - it is indeed for both games. HOWEVER, the title was not implemented in to the game in time for Extra Life and is in fact part of tomorrow's DLC2 patch! After that patch is live, Morgana will be doing the manual work to give everyone the title that should have gotten it. We've also let CS know what's up - thanks for bringing that to our attention.

3. We have also let CS know that they shouldn't be telling people to contact us at those dead email addresses, to prevent something like this from happening in the future! It will now say forum PMs, which we all check daily :)

Bane_Of_Legends
12-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Hey everyone (and especially DragonsWife)

Several things have happened:

1. DragonsWife, I just sent you your code for the blade. Looks like customer service replied to your request about the title, but didn't notice your blade request, so I fixed that for you.

2. Customer service was incorrect about The Charitable title - it is indeed for both games. HOWEVER, the title was not implemented in to the game in time for Extra Life and is in fact part of tomorrow's DLC2 patch! After that patch is live, Morgana will be doing the manual work to give everyone the title that should have gotten it. We've also let CS know what's up - thanks for bringing that to our attention.

3. We have also let CS know that they shouldn't be telling people to contact us at those dead email addresses, to prevent something like this from happening in the future! It will now say forum PMs, which we all check daily :)

The beard has spoken!
All hail the beard!
Oh Greg's Beard, Oh Greg's Beard,
How Very Hairy You Are
Oh Greg's Beard, Oh Greg's Beard,
All Full And Black Like Tar
Long live the beard!
Hoorah!

DragonsWife
01-07-2014, 08:33 AM
So I've tried to PM you Overload and gotten no response. I didn't get a code. I checked all my settings, just to make sure I didn't turn off PMs and they look fine. I also have email notifications turned on. Is there any way I can still get the blade? I'd like for my baby character to have it. =)