PDA

View Full Version : Question for current players who have been around

Newat
12-08-2013, 12:16 PM
I have been gone since the first DLC went live. Having felt like the game was in bad shape and dlc didn't look to be improving it. So for those who have stuck it out, whats it like now?
Are aim-bots more rampant in shadow wars and instanced pvp? have loot boxes become worth purchasing(with in-game currency)? I saw that they reworked bonuses on weapons are they actually better? any ninja updates (nerfs)? any new events besides the bs high-speed weekends?

Holy Bahamut3
12-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Weapon bonuses make more sense now, but still a few that dont (no pre patched weapons received bonuses). Instanced PvP is dead so if you haven't gotten the achievements good luck. Shadow wars have had their requirements tweaked to make them workable. Loot boxes are as random and worthless as ever.

Sobelize
12-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Weapon bonuses make more sense now, but still a few that dont (no pre patched weapons received bonuses). Instanced PvP is dead so if you haven't gotten the achievements good luck. Shadow wars have had their requirements tweaked to make them workable. Loot boxes are as random and worthless as ever.

Tier 4 Boxes no longer give greens, that's pretty much the only change to boxes.
If you catch an Echelon contract early, you can get in to instanced PVP fairly easily. Later in the day you're SOL.

Chevota
12-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Tier 4 Boxes no longer give greens, that's pretty much the only change to boxes.
1 of the 4 items in the Tier-4 has an increased chance to be a Charge Blade also.

Bonuses on guns are slightly better, but could still use an overhaul that wont happen.

Ive been done PvP'ing since shortly after DLC 1 so i cant add anything there.

no Weekend events. Only thing added were Afflicted Emergencies + Sieges. Trick was looking to add Legendary rewards for Afflicted Sieges, but no word when it will be added (hopefully DLC 2). (I can also personally confirm you can get Legendaries that arent the Volge BRG from Volge Sieges. I got a VBI Sniper from finishing 2nd in a Volge Siege 2-3 days ago)

mr8liner
12-09-2013, 07:32 AM
How many points did you get in that seige? I heard that you have to have over 20k in points and that stage 10 has to be completed to get a orange gun other theh the volge.
I have done 50+ seiges and never got an orange besides the volge gun. I have 7 in my inventory that i don't even use.

Elastik Spastik
12-09-2013, 07:46 AM
How many points did you get in that seige? I heard that you have to have over 20k in points and that stage 10 has to be completed to get a orange gun other theh the volge.
I have done 50+ seiges and never got an orange besides the volge gun. I have 7 in my inventory that i don't even use.

After dlc 2 you will need 40, 000. Afflicted will still be 27, 000 as far as I know. I think it's a bit silly really they should be other way round. It's so much easier to get a high score in the afflicted sieges.

I think volge should be 30, 000 and afflicted 60, 000. Don't know if anyone else agrees.

samuelsinn
12-09-2013, 08:21 AM
over all what every one is saying is pritty much it.

the new update comeing out tomarrow is adding arkbraking :: call down an ark fall at spsadied locations . minor and major .(( minors take 1 ark spike majors take 4 and need atleast 15 people per to beat the boss )) ::

over all the game play is still darly the same. i hurd somewere at one point and i dont know if it was a rumor or not that thay were going to bring back all the season one epasode missions.

from what i saw on alpha there are 3 ? and there also coop not along with most of the once solo boss fights.

as for PVP if your on PC its farly dead. geting into a pvp match or even a shadow war is mostly a weekend thing when the player base is at its peek:: i dont realy know becuse i avoid pvp like a plage exsept when i feel up to it::

aim bots last i checked were none exsisdent to this game for consoles and for the most part couldnt tell u if there where any on PC

all in all. the games still playabul and enjoyabul but you have to sometimes make your own fun if your not in a clan or dont have friends to come join you

TriGlav 2000
12-09-2013, 08:27 AM
After dlc 2 you will need 40, 000. Afflicted will still be 27, 000 as far as I know. I think it's a bit silly really they should be other way round. It's so much easier to get a high score in the afflicted sieges.

I think volge should be 30, 000 and afflicted 60, 000. Don't know if anyone else agrees.
It's easy now, but 10/20/30 points/sec will be removed from afflicted sieges after 1.200 update, rewards will not be better, so all sieges will actually be nerfed.

Bentu
12-09-2013, 08:33 AM
(I can also personally confirm you can get Legendaries that arent the Volge BRG from Volge Sieges. I got a VBI Sniper from finishing 2nd in a Volge Siege 2-3 days ago)

So can I, I got a VBI Semi Auto Sniper Rifle yesterday. Yay :)

Deunan
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
As of tomorrow, grenade mechanics will be changed so that you have a finite amount of grenades which can be replenished by buying them or getting them as drops for a max stack of 5 for each grenade type. They've also removed the different kinds among types of grenades so that they are now simply just bio, cluster, flash or frag and added a fifth type (infector) and there is no longer scaled damage for grenades based on EGO rating of the grenade.

Unless they change it from the way it is on the PTS, by tomorrow rewards from Sieges and Arkfalls will be nerfed because one of the item rewards can be grenade ammo.

It's not clear if it will be part of the update tomorrow but, according to one player's post, on the PTS Key Codes no longer cost scrip and can be purchased with just Ark Salvage. This may be a change for balance because grenades will no longer be a viable source for salvage or sale to vendors.

Most weapons now get a base damage bonus for rarity. The likelihood for getting a nano effect has been nerfed and, whether it was intentional or not, the possiblity of a nano effect was removed entirely from certain types of weapons.

samuelsinn
12-09-2013, 06:32 PM
It's not clear if it will be part of the update tomorrow but, according to one player's post, on the PTS Key Codes no longer cost scrip and can be purchased with just Ark Salvage.

that would be me. and i dont know if it is only alpha server for pc or if it will be impliminted into the update tomarrow if it is i found it to be a much nicer method of geting keycodes its faster to salvage AS with the new mass scrap and mass sale option in the invitory witch leads me to want to go get more items to brake down

also a side not. i noticed that unless you have the gernade stack favorited o.o i was able to scrap them >.> and sell them at a vender. it may of been a bug but as long as its in game still im going to enjoy it.

maxx traxxas
12-09-2013, 06:44 PM

I just done a whole volge siege. I got 1st place, and with just over 16,000 points. Don't think i'll see a orange volge the way that siege went.

Deunan
12-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I just done a whole volge siege. I got 1st place, and with just over 16,000 points. Don't think i'll see a orange volge the way that siege went.16k takes first place at a Volge Siege? Was everyone having a picnic while the Siege was going on?

Atticus Batman
12-10-2013, 01:50 AM
16k takes first place at a Volge Siege? Was everyone having a picnic while the Siege was going on?

THe correct question would be: What system and server did you manage that?

Mike Chone
12-10-2013, 05:38 AM
I have been gone since the first DLC went live. Having felt like the game was in bad shape and dlc didn't look to be improving it. So for those who have stuck it out, whats it like now?
Are aim-bots more rampant in shadow wars and instanced pvp? have loot boxes become worth purchasing(with in-game currency)? I saw that they reworked bonuses on weapons are they actually better? any ninja updates (nerfs)? any new events besides the bs high-speed weekends?

Shotguns seem to still be on a monthly op nerf cycle. I lost track a while back.

You were around when they came out with the mod vendors, yes? Other than that, functionally everything is still exactly as it was.