PDA

View Full Version : New DLC and PS3

rebtattoo
12-09-2013, 03:28 PM
My biggest concerns several of the new mechanics being introduced in the DLC...

What has Trion done, if anything, to stabilize the PS3 servers? As it is right now, we can't stay logged on more than an hour if we choose to participate in ANYTHING that actually happens in the game.

With the introduction of new arkfalls, this stability weakens even more. Most on PS3 are lucky to complete a DMA without discoing.

Spikes are a completely different monster! How are the servers supposed to handle these, when it can barely handle the BMG spammers??

Once inside the interior, what happens if I disco out? Will I be able to regain my spot in the arkbreak, {provided I was lucky enough to reconnect in time} or am I being screwed out of any rewards I may have received?

Bonehead
12-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Good questions Reb. I do not know how anyone on ps3 could still be playing this game. I love it ,don't get me wrong, but I'm on pc.
Not part of any master race or anything like that, I just happen to be a pc gamer and on pc the game is very stable. Not the case on ps3 at any time since the game launched if the forums are to be believed. TBH I don't think I would have stuck with it.

Maixx
12-09-2013, 04:33 PM
I've asked this question a few times, even being direct enough to ask what stance will CS take with replacing batteries and such when one is dc'd from the new Arkfall. These questions went unanswered and ignored, I guess we will find out this week.

rebtattoo
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
I've talked to several ppl, both in game and out. I have recommended the game to several, warning that if they are PS3, they will encounter more problems than the other platforms.

The killer for me, because I do love the game, is that I now believe that it should've been a pc only title. I would not have been able to enjoy it, but I think it would have made a much better game!

Deunan
12-09-2013, 05:00 PM
The irony is that they made it multiplatform to have a bigger consumer demographic to make more money but they would have made more money if they made it PC only.

Rincewind
12-09-2013, 05:07 PM
I believe splitting San Fran and bay area is an attempt
to cut down on dc's.

rebtattoo
12-09-2013, 05:21 PM
The irony is that they made it multiplatform to have a bigger consumer demographic to make more money but they would have made more money if they made it PC only.As I said, sadly, I think you're right. I'm glad I can play on PS3, which is why I deal with the bugs. It just makes me wonder about original post topic.

I believe splitting San Fran and bay area is an attempt
to cut down on dc's.I see it working very minutely. The reason I assert is; The majority of the player base is in the bay area. SF is a small percentage. I think for it to have worked better, they should have trisected it rather than bisecting it.

Of course, doing so would piss off a helluva lot more ppl! Never win! LOL

Arsenic_Touch
12-09-2013, 05:26 PM
As I said, sadly, I think you're right. I'm glad I can play on PS3, which is why I deal with the bugs. It just makes me wonder about original post topic.

I see it working very minutely. The reason I assert is; The majority of the player base is in the bay area. SF is a small percentage. I think for it to have worked better, they should have trisected it rather than bisecting it.

Of course, doing so would piss off a helluva lot more ppl! Never win! LOL

Speaking of this change, it might make the PC side of things feel like even more of a ghost town. There's going to be less people in zone chat. Not that the chat ever works, so we might not even notice a difference.

rebtattoo
12-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Speaking of this change, it might make the PC side of things feel like even more of a ghost town. There's going to be less people in zone chat. Not that the chat ever works, so we might not even notice a difference.Thats another issue altogether!

Have often wondered what the difference between zone and area was. looks like we'll need to split groups up and put some in SF and the others in bay area, just to keep track of whats going on in the in game trade world, as 1/2 the ppl are at IDR and the other 1/2 are at OP.

What a damned headache!!! LOL

DanteYoda
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Speaking of this change, it might make the PC side of things feel like even more of a ghost town. There's going to be less people in zone chat. Not that the chat ever works, so we might not even notice a difference.

I'm kinda confused on why the PC server needed the SF Split, we do not DC so why does the PC version need more loading times like the console versions?

XTORT
12-09-2013, 11:22 PM
I just hope it rolls out smoother then the DLC#1 launch for us ps3 players...

Got the day off tomorrow and won't be happy if I have to wait till the weekend like last time.

ArkHunter Z
12-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Thats another issue altogether!

Have often wondered what the difference between zone and area was. looks like we'll need to split groups up and put some in SF and the others in bay area, just to keep track of whats going on in the in game trade world, as 1/2 the ppl are at IDR and the other 1/2 are at OP.

What a damned headache!!! LOL

Hmmm...what is the difference between zone and area chat? i play on XB360 NA server, but it is SILENT as far as voice chat.

kasaitenma
12-10-2013, 10:40 AM
area chat only goes to ppl in a small radius around u. zone chat is th chat for the server that u r on at the time. zone chat is the same for bay area and san fran. there is no zone voice chat and its better that way considering that this is alot of **** talking in zone chat over pvp.

Deunan
12-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Zone Chat is a text chat channel that covers an entire zone.

ArkHunter Z
12-10-2013, 10:42 AM
gotcha! Thanks.

Bane_Of_Legends
12-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Zone Chat is a text chat channel that covers an entire zone.

The more you know. :D
/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

bigguy
12-10-2013, 10:47 AM
as long as i get the patch in without problems i will deal with the rest lol

moonwulf
12-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I agree. i can't even play this game for a hour before the hud and everything starts lagging before i get disconnected. the only way i can even get back into the game after that is by quitting out of the game completely and restarting it.

From what i've seen this problem has been going on for several months (since july but probably longer) and while they said they were working on it i haven't seen any other updates since than. it's a shame too since the game has gotten better in terms of its updates where i actually have fun using purple weapons but it's hard to enjoy it with this major problem.