PDA

View Full Version : And the server is now down... Lets talk!

Pages : [1] 2

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Yep the servers are now down, so start the update and lets discuss our hopes & expectations for the update and dlc. oh yea and what time is it where you are, went off at 6:05pm for us UK dwellers

BJWyler
12-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Why? The Alpha Test Server is still up - we can play right now!!

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Why? The Alpha Test Server is still up - we can play right now!!
Only on PC unless they have started extending the beta servers to consoles aswell

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:09 AM
you know that if i recall right you can link your consols to pc o.o or is it PC to console hmmmmmm

so what is every one excited for in this DLC

R69L
12-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Just hope the story is a little more longer and has you do more things than just get this and that then fight solo. Hopefully though some of the new instanced arkfalls will be a good addition and the changes to gernades, the addition of stems. Hopefully it will be a bit better than DLC 1.

Also iare the servers down for 1 hour or 4 hours?

crasher
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Yep the servers are now down, so start the update and lets discuss our hopes & expectations for the update and dlc. oh yea and what time is it where you are, went off at 6:05pm for us UK dwellers
No update yet for me, or it lasted for 0.06 seconds.
Push the update button and it goes right to 'play'.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142473-DLC-Update-12-10-13-10-AM-PST-6-PM-GMT-All-Platforms
" All platforms will be down for approximately *** 4 hours ***. "

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 11:13 AM
you know that if i recall right you can link your consols to pc o.o or is it PC to console hmmmmmm

so what is every one excited for in this DLC

sounds interesting, i will look into that but my laptop gets very hot if i try to run any games on it

No update yet for me, or it lasted for 0.06 seconds.
Push the update button and it goes right to 'play'.

it seems that the update server isn't handing out the update yet

Etaew
12-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Looking forward to several things in this DLC, mostly quality of life changes. The grenade changes really not so much.

The missions in this DLC are better than the first and what we would have expected from the episodic content.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:14 AM
servers down for 4 hours so it will be back up 2 pm PST i cant wait as for added story line its... ya slow. only 6 missions and 2 side missions and after the first one it is pritty much . go here get this and get that and then go here and place this to get thes and to actavate this. its fun :) and you get such a lovely veiw from the top of the GGB

Thomas1975
12-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Who Cares! I don't have a season pass and Play on the PS3 so i don't get crap for several weeks.

Moerfi
12-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Im just sitting here and singing the server down blues :D

Market
12-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Who Cares! I don't have a season pass and Play on the PS3 so i don't get crap for several weeks.

Maybe the rest of us do? If that's okay...

back on topic, to all the people in that Darkfall on the 360 NA servers, the one that finished ***right*** before the servers came down...

that was timing!! lol

Speedmetal890
12-10-2013, 11:20 AM

Hiya! Saw you chatting at the ranch as I connected just before the servers went down. Wasn't talking as I was having missing textures issues :(

So excited for the DLC!

In other chat, does anyone have space for another clan member, my clan is completely inactive nowadays :(

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:25 AM

-.-'' sorry that the PS3 is a ****y console that dosent know how to get things runing properly ? but why complane about it here when people are trying to be happy and have some fun wating for the update to come out. and you know what even if you cant get the DLC till a few days from now
it dosent mean you can pertisapate in the content and still pick up guns and weapons and getnades and spikes and kill the boss and hang out with your friends . it just means you cant use any of your new found weapons till AFTER you get your DLC . so
even if you think your geting the shaft while you wait for SONY to get there heads out there pow butts and clean off the pow stalko it dont mean you gotta be mad at all of us. and take it out on our happy little forum post that we are trying to be constructive with while we the people of the defiance gameing world wait pasently for this new content to be inputed into ALL the servers around the world :P

make me have to lecture you now im annoyed.

BACK ON TOPIC

im looking forword to the influx of players tat are going to have the DLC tonight the rush of 100ds of people runing the quest lines gathering the objects nad items thay need to call down there ark falls. and i cant wait to hit the major arkfall and to face the boss.

seems trick BUFFED the SOB 4 times just to make him strong enough for all of the whiners that said he wasent strong enough O.O hes a beast if you dont have 15-max players fighting him. go watch the vid of the live steam last friday o.o it was bloody ....

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 11:26 AM
I hope after the update we can talk ingame ;)

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Hiya! Saw you chatting at the ranch as I connected just before the servers went down. Wasn't talking as I was having missing textures issues :(

So excited for the DLC!

In other chat, does anyone have space for another clan member, my clan is completely inactive nowadays :(

Cool,
Thats the second time ive heard people having missing textures recently, maybe they will fix it in the update.
As for clans they are going to give boosts to good/skilled clans in the update so all clans in general should be more active. im in nuclear rubber but i don't really do anything with them and i dont see as many of them about these days. personally the thing im most looking forward to is less "General Steve's" i dont know how good the improvement will be but it is meant to be better

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:28 AM
I hope after the update we can talk ingame ;)

i dont see it happaning it was still stalko on alpha server when i was on there so

dreadi
12-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Maybe the rest of us do? If that's okay...

back on topic, to all the people in that Darkfall on the 360 NA servers, the one that finished ***right*** before the servers came down...

that was timing!! lol

Well done, but the darkfall I was at on EU Xbox just before server went down....got disconnected before we could finish so no legendary for us lol

Etaew
12-10-2013, 11:31 AM
i dont see it happaning it was still stalko on alpha server when i was on there so

Yes, sadly it isn't the gamebreaking priority it should be for Trion. Patches and DLC prioritized when the communication issue is just left behind. It is important!

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:32 AM
i ran into missing texture in san fran on some Dark matter troops while i was runing the main storyline agine . i think i was at the part where you raid the dark matter cannon base the dark matter guys where appearing as black models of them selfs with no colors in them o.o it was intaresting to see but iv had it happen in other games such as masseffect 1 2 and 3 o.o

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM

*cries like a hungry baby who is watching daddy drink milk from the carton.*

Thomas1975
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
-.-'' sorry that the PS3 is a ****y console that dosent know how to get things runing properly ? but why complane about it here when people are trying to be happy and have some fun wating for the update to come out. and you know what even if you cant get the DLC till a few days from now
it dosent mean you can pertisapate in the content and still pick up guns and weapons and getnades and spikes and kill the boss and hang out with your friends . it just means you cant use any of your new found weapons till AFTER you get your DLC . so
even if you think your geting the shaft while you wait for SONY to get there heads out there pow butts and clean off the pow stalko it dont mean you gotta be mad at all of us. and take it out on our happy little forum post that we are trying to be constructive with while we the people of the defiance gameing world wait pasently for this new content to be inputed into ALL the servers around the world :P

BACK ON TOPIC

im looking forword to the influx of players tat are going to have the DLC tonight the rush of 100ds of people runing the quest lines gathering the objects nad items thay need to call down there ark falls. and i cant wait to hit the major arkfall and to face the boss.

seems trick BUFFED the SOB 4 times just to make him strong enough for all of the whiners that said he wasent strong enough O.O hes a beast if you dont have 15-max players fighting him. go watch the vid of the live steam last friday o.o it was bloody ....
Lesson here little child, you so could not lecture me if you tried. I see you are back to blaming Sony because Trion did not submit the DLC in time to go through the processes for the store. As for my friends; yes I will be playing with them, but collecting weapons we cannot use is no fun at all. But you go on with your annoyed self and have fun!

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Ok the update is now available on xbox eu.
Ive got about an hour and a half too two hour download time on the first download just hope there isn't a second big download

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 11:37 AM
It's a conspiracy again PS3 users, they need more of you to be season holders so they stitched you all up and blamed Sony *winks.*

Life's a ***** then you marry one and die.

It's a game.

Keeping those vitally important factors in mind just be happy.

It's not like you got screwed to the point they closed the game.

Now that's something to complain about.
(I still Blame WoW for the loss of many Indie MMO's pre-steam days...

crasher
12-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Trick said in the last Live Stream he was on that it wasn't working yet, they weren't happy with it yet, and therefore was going to be a patch after the DLC.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Lesson here little child, you so could not lecture me if you tried. I see you are back to blaming Sony because Trion did not submit the DLC in time to go through the processes for the store. As for my friends; yes I will be playing with them, but collecting weapons we cannot use is no fun at all. But you go on with your annoyed self and have fun!

lets chearify something. im not a child o.o im 28 damn years old and from the way you act im more then older then you.

moveing on.

i think the thing i want to enjoy the most is the new instensis, i cant wait to drag a large group of my friends around into the new boss battles and the ability to fight nim with a team mmmmm i cant wait to enjoy that.

side note i beleave the co ops opend up at ego lvl 2000 o.o i could be wrong but i beleave that is what i saw on alpha when i was playing the game

QipQip
12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Looking forward to actually being able to see what other people look like.Goodbye General Steve, you won't be missed.

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Trick said in the last Live Stream he was on that it wasn't working yet, they weren't happy with it yet, and therefore was going to be a patch after the DLC.

I hope so...
I really hope so!
I like to brag about my positions in Arkfalls and Sieges, but no one ever sees the message :.(

Speedmetal890
12-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Cool,
Thats the second time ive heard people having missing textures recently, maybe they will fix it in the update.
As for clans they are going to give boosts to good/skilled clans in the update so all clans in general should be more active. im in nuclear rubber but i don't really do anything with them and i dont see as many of them about these days. personally the thing im most looking forward to is less "General Steve's" i dont know how good the improvement will be but it is meant to be better

Yeah all i could see was the sky and General Steve's as far as the eyes could see! Deleted the newest patch and now its downloading them all and the new one too i think. hopefully it will resolve its self :)

i hope to find a clan, as all the people i had in mine are no longer playing. it was only a small clan so no massive loss.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
i think when thay fix chat it will bring back alot of the players that bailed becuse it was so bad .

i know that it gives me a reason to stay solo most of the time. but then agine i also run my raid call in the back ground and bs with my 2 friends that i gave the game while i play with them.

crasher
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Ok the update is now available on xbox eu.
Ive got about an hour and a half too two hour download time on the first download just hope there isn't a second big download
Fast connect speed here, XFinity did something correctly.

2.5 minutes to d/l.
2.5 minutes to patch.
Done, not asking for 2nd patch on pc.

I wish you much luck and happiness.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:46 AM
you know id love to find a vary active PC clan. one that i could hang out with and do some minor and major ark falls with and maybe hang out in a raid call with while playing.

hopefuly with the new content it will bring about old players comeing back.

Bob Blunderbust
12-10-2013, 11:49 AM
http://funnyawsomecrap.webs.com/photos/Farted.jpg

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Fast connect speed here, XFinity did something correctly.

2.5 minutes to d/l.
2.5 minutes to patch.
Done, not asking for 2nd patch on pc.

I wish you much luck and happiness.

Thanks wish i could upgrade to fibre but
A: I dont think i can get it where I live according to bt's post code check
B: It not my net, i legally net share with someone so i would have to persuade them to upgrade
they were considering upgrading to fibre at one point

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 11:52 AM
http://funnyawsomecrap.webs.com/photos/Farted.jpg

hehehehehehhehehe this made my day lol

taco man 67
12-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I like cheese

JonnyFlash
12-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Haven't had time until today in the past several months to play, and server's down, and no new content...hrmm...

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Haven't had time until today in the past several months to play, and server's down, and no new content...hrmm...

theres planty of new content .... o.o go look around the forum lol

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 12:21 PM
1 hour 19 mins down 2 hours 41mins remaning o.o HURRY UP HURRY HURRY HURRY AND GO LIVE I WANTS IT I NEEDS IT MY PRECIOUS >.>

JonnyFlash
12-10-2013, 12:26 PM
okay, well, overstated, haven't logged in since October, and I'm making my assumptions based on patch notes.

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 12:27 PM
1 hour 19 mins down 2 hours 41mins remaning o.o HURRY UP HURRY HURRY HURRY AND GO LIVE I WANTS IT I NEEDS IT MY PRECIOUS >.>

I've got 28 mins left unless the update is split into separate parts, i think they will turn everything back on sooner than the 4 hours I imagine that its just a precaution incase its more work than expected

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 12:28 PM
okay, well, overstated, haven't logged in since October, and I'm making my assumptions based on patch notes.

the patch notice is a live much like the cake <.< the cake yes it is a lie a bad bad lie >.> mmmm cake ....

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 12:29 PM
I've got 28 mins left unless the update is split into separate parts

ur in EU im in US o.o mine literly started at the time stated 10 AM PST o.o so i got some time to wait but also im on PC
so i have to wait till the maintnace is fully over and then i can buy and update

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 12:31 PM
the patch notice is a live much like the cake <.< the cake yes it is a lie a bad bad lie >.> mmmm cake ....

Yea it wierd the patch notes used to tell you what the update you are downloading contains but now it only tells you the last, i kinda liked scrolling through the huge changes list during a long update

Mr DirtStar
12-10-2013, 12:31 PM
PVP is going to most likey be ruined, sad face :/

Etaew
12-10-2013, 12:32 PM

True, never trust the patch notes in the launcher. They tend to be the last thing to be updated, after we've poked Trion with a stick.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 12:38 PM
hay watch where your poking with that stick x.O dont need any one eyed arkhunters runing around now. do we ?

N3gativeCr33p
12-10-2013, 01:10 PM
They tend to be the last thing to be updated, after we've poked Trion with a stick.

From the looks of it, that looks like it could be fun... ;)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmyflbQS3R1qdnwiro1_500.gif

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 01:12 PM

heh hehe hehe hehehe lol lmfao rotflmfao

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 01:12 PM

It's The Doctor!
*swoons*

Arran
12-10-2013, 01:13 PM
So me & 3 others finally finished patching. Dashboarded signed bk in to see new patch notes just to find out we need install the whole dam game & patches all over again!

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
1 hour 44 mins remaning for me befor i can even patch i think . o.o the DLC hasent even appeared on steam yet. so :: crosses fingers :: hope its soon

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I hope it's soon too, while I wait I'll have to play something's different...

Sdric
12-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Meanwhile I'm playing Crashfield 4

krondin
12-10-2013, 01:31 PM
I know they are working on the chat system, but i wonder why they don't Copy/Paste < lol > the chat system from their other game, Rift. Chat works wonderful there! So what if we have a global chat available to us < if they used the one from rift >, why have they been so afraid of us talking to each other all the time in game! Its not like they are reinventing the wheel ....

We'll see what they come up with next, ...... Eventually..........

Sdric
12-10-2013, 01:36 PM
They wanted us to use Voip in the first place, that's why its ingame.
However the quality is so incredibly poor that you barely understand people with top notch microphones.

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I think it's nice they tried to make a new chat system, something a little bit different and cool and not so mainstream..
It shows evidence of trying to make the game better, and more effort, blood sweat and tears...
However the blood sweat and tears are still coming out today as we all try to say hello, stop shooting me, I'm not a mutant noob, and no I won't cyber with you, I only have a female avatar so I can stare at her arse rather than a mans.

However we can't say those things as the emotes are restricted and most people ignore them... :(

Etaew
I know they are working on the chat system, but i wonder why they don't Copy/Paste < lol > the chat system from their other game, Rift.

This comment appears a lot and I really want to highlight it and point out that copy and paste will never work in any game. Copy paste modify, perhaps but still a LOT of work. Not only are there multiple inputs, different channels and different platforms. There are also things like voice elements being tied into the chat. As much as I make negative comments about the low priority for the chat system fix, if it was easily fixed they would have done it.

Edit: Let's also not forget about different codebases and resources for each engine.

crasher
I know they are working on the chat system, but i wonder why they don't Copy/Paste < lol > the chat system from their other game, Rift. Chat works wonderful there! So what if we have a global chat available to us < if they used the one from rift >, why have they been so afraid of us talking to each other all the time in game! Its not like they are reinventing the wheel ....

We'll see what they come up with next, ...... Eventually..........
Rift has a game engine they spent years writing specifically for that game.

DEFI uses the years old HAVOK game engine.

It'd be like bolting a VW Bug drivers door on an Oldsmobile.
You could do it with a welder and a big enuff hammer, but it aint gonna be pretty, and it aint gonna work so good.

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 01:42 PM

You could do it with a welder and a big enuff hammer, but it aint gonna be pretty, and it aint gonna work so good.

Best you can hope for is, with enough duct tape, It'll keep the weather out but you better not want to use it as a door.

ArkHunter Z
12-10-2013, 01:43 PM

LMAO...Nice

Zugo
12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Looking forward to everything except grenade-gate. Time to fire up the ole-360.

Tekrunner
12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
PVP is going to most likey be ruined, sad face :/

Why do you think that exactly?
Also, isn't it already already ruined?

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 01:49 PM
PvP is an odd subject in this game...
The game is in a setting where PvP would either be 'group up or die' (so Open PvP on most of the map.)
As it is now, it's a nice little game mode to participate in when you want something a little different to the mobs AI but is not a main aspect if the game and is very much a mode to keep the PvPers happy...

Etaew
12-10-2013, 01:52 PM
The PvP / PvE arguements reminds me of Warhammer Online, a game with both elements and one of them dying. (Well okay the entire game is dead now but still).

blotto33
12-10-2013, 01:53 PM
New patch notes are viewable when patching. good sign. i was able to install entire patch. good sign. But servers are still down.

R69L
12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I just turned on the game and now I have to re-install the game itself. What the heck. How do you guys let these kind of bugs pass testing...

Edit. It does seems to make it look like it is delted but is take about 1min to redo but the patch does have re-install.

lastkatstanding
12-10-2013, 01:58 PM
New patch notes are viewable when patching. good sign. i was able to install entire patch. good sign. But servers are still down.

We installed the new patch, and it ended up uninstalling our game from the system for some reason...

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 02:09 PM
51 mins remaning

edit :: and nothing up on steam yet ....

Whippersnapper
12-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Im patching now. Sadly it will take over 1hr 30mins @ my current speed of 1.5 Mbps :(

Read the patch notes and am curious about some things.

-Patch notes seem to say there are different spikes (rarities) for calling down arks. Can someone elaborate?
-What high tech pillars?
-Stims?
-Daily/weekly log-in rewards? See they just don't explain this stuff sufficiently

Etaew
12-10-2013, 02:14 PM
I've done my best to illustrate things with: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=127

But honestly that page got out of hand as there is so much stuff.

Foszmar
12-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Instead of adding new dlc's and ruining grenades they could repair annoying cursor bug and "revolting hellbugs" arkfall bug when main boss is floating in air... -.-

Tekrunner
12-10-2013, 02:15 PM
PvP is an odd subject in this game...
The game is in a setting where PvP would either be 'group up or die' (so Open PvP on most of the map.)
As it is now, it's a nice little game mode to participate in when you want something a little different to the mobs AI but is not a main aspect if the game and is very much a mode to keep the PvPers happy...

PvP wouldn't even need that many fixes to be fairly well balanced. Some adjustments to the movement accuracy of surge bolters and to the way cloak works, making Thick Skinned work on the shot that takes out your shield... things would then be considerably better.

But given how few people play PvP these days, I can understand that Trion is prioritizing PvE. PvP needs a community to really thrive, but by now the majority of the most motivated PvPers are long gone... We'll see if the changes to matchmaking help. I don't play PvP very much anymore, but I'd still like to have played Military Academy more than just once :/

ItISLupus
12-10-2013, 02:17 PM
We installed the new patch, and it ended up uninstalling our game from the system for some reason...

I posted this in another thread, but thought it'd be better put here.

The DLC, along with the previous one, made some changes to the core game files. This created the "corrupt" patch file you see in your storage. Deleting this file causes the game to create a new launcher file with the updated information. This will most likely happen with the other three DLC's.

I installed my disk to the HDD so It only took about 5 minutes to recreate the file and go back to patching. Just some food for thought.

Etaew
12-10-2013, 02:17 PM
New patch notes are viewable when patching. good sign.
Wow, I'm totally impressed :)

crasher
12-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Instead of adding new dlc's and ruining grenades they could repair annoying cursor bug and "revolting hellbugs" arkfall bug when main boss is floating in air... -.-
Both of which are 'undocumented added content'.

Gift horse -> Mouth: don't look there.

Can't we all just get along?

alienstookmybeer
12-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Downtime extended 4 hours.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142473-DLC-Update-12-10-13-10-AM-PST-6-PM-GMT-All-Platforms&p=1342337&viewfull=1#post1342337

Holy Bahamut3
12-10-2013, 02:20 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142473-DLC-Update-12-10-13-10-AM-PST-6-PM-GMT-All-Platforms

4 more hours.... Really?

blotto33
12-10-2013, 02:21 PM
No defiance till 9pm eastern, gamebreaker dlc in full effect

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 02:22 PM
The only times I see PvP communities survive is when there are 'clan war' settings available, giving clan/guild/faction leaders the ability to declare and accept war invites on/from other clans so that PvP can take place anywhere any when and the leaders get together to organise bigger events (such as full scale wars, skirmishes etc.) normally these communities also set their own rules too to remove the use of OP or broken game elements...

Very rarely are such things taken into account in MMO's now though...
I miss UO....

crasher
12-10-2013, 02:23 PM

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142473-DLC-Update-12-10-13-10-AM-PST-6-PM-GMT-All-Platforms&p=1342337&viewfull=1#post1342337
Somebody probably misplaced the floppy disc, and they can't finish the install without the original DRM code.

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 02:24 PM
An extra 4hours?.......

That's... ****ing extreme precautions!
Guess I'll not be playing tonight at all..
:(

inox2980
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Somebody probably misplaced the floppy disc, and they can't finish the install without the original DRM code.

Thanks - I have soda on my keyboard now..

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 02:28 PM

falls to knees and shakes fists at sky :: TTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amack
12-10-2013, 02:29 PM

More like... after 3 hours of ghosting the alpha (sorry PST) servers hard drive, it failed... we are restarting it.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks - I have soda on my keyboard now..

shouldnt be drinking soda that close to a keyboard o.o its badd for youe keybords health .

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Biggest mistake they made...
Staff cutbacks so close to DLC release...
They could have waited a little longer..
Never mind...

Holy Bahamut3
12-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Don't worry Grenade-gate is coming soon enough...

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Soon isn't good enough, I want it now!
*cries*

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Soon isn't good enough, I want it now!
*cries*

:: gives cookies:: it otay we all want now we all want now .

wh00p455
12-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Well It's OFFICIAL Trion couldn't find a clue in a bag full of clues covered in clue glue, this is why they need to do major updates at times when it will least affect the players. I mean if you really want to keep the folks who pay to play happy keep the game up when they wanna play. I mean really oh wahhhh!!! so you have to pay some staff a little extra to come in after hours to do the job, well that's called customer service which Trion seems to lack in spades. So I will just have to continue biting my pillow and taking their medicine if I continue to play this game.

"Hi all,

We encountered some hang-ups with the database that took up more time than expected to resolve. Due to that delay, we're extending the downtime an additional ** 4 hours ** to ensure we have appropriate time to do verification. That brings our new ETA to 6PM PST / 2AM GMT.

Thank you all for your patience.

~ Morgana ~"

Umfafa
12-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Can you imagine the outrage that's going to happen tonite as people log in after a month away....and find out all their duplicated grenade types are just refills...?

I know there's people out there with multiple legendary nades of the same type. Well....were people with multiple nades of the same type.

:P

Holy Bahamut3
12-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Yep... Hence the new sig picture.. LOL

Tekrunner
12-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Can you imagine the outrage that's going to happen tonite as people log in after a month away....and find out all their duplicated grenade types are just refills...?

When I log in tomorrow and EGO tells me that she took the liberty to upgrade my grenades to the new superior technology, I'm going to have a hard time to keep my cool.

crasher
12-10-2013, 02:40 PM

I know there's people out there with multiple legendary nades of the same type. Well....were people with multiple nades of the same type.

:P

I was thinking of the dealers who allege they have thousands of items in inventory.

Nupe, not going to be pretty, and a T-3 lottery box or 2 is not going to fix that.

Thomas1975
12-10-2013, 02:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA Typical Trion, Epic!!!!

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't want to worry anyone but by "database" do they mean our player data?? sound like they are having comparability issues with our player data with the new server side update

Quote "We encountered some hang-ups with the database that took up more time than expected to resolve."

alienstookmybeer
12-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Don't want to worry anyone but by "database" do they mean our player data?? sound like they are having comparability issues with our player data with the new server side update

Quote "We encountered some hang-ups with the database that took up more time than expected to resolve."

Ooooh, you know accidentally deleting all of our inventories would be a good way to get everyone excited about hunting for new gear again (and get rid of those pesky pre-patch guns at the same time)!

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 02:54 PM
o.o if thay screwed up bad enough to lose all char data o.o i would leave. and never return

valcro1990
12-10-2013, 02:55 PM
No data will be wipped xD, in that case, they should have a db backup...
I think it was something related to the new content.

Silent Night
12-10-2013, 02:58 PM
o.o if thay screwed up bad enough to lose all char data o.o i would leave. and never return

This game is so addicting I think that would be the only thing they could do to get me to stop playing.

survivor36
12-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Well so much for enjoying my snow day. Now no defiance till 9:00 PM EST. Looks like i won't be playing after all. Good night all may get to play tomorrow. Can't say i am surprised. my original guess was 7 hours. I guess I will go clean the snow off my car instead.

TheOz
12-10-2013, 03:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA Typical Trion, Epic!!!!

Unfortunately, this has been the case all along. I always intended on checking out the new DLC NEXT week.

Clarity Page
12-10-2013, 03:03 PM
No data will be wipped xD, in that case, they should have a db backup...
I think it was something related to the new content.

I don't dought they will have backups but i think they might be having issues converting our inventories in particular our grenades for the new system, but this is just my speculation

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 03:06 PM
not to mention the DLC has not gone live on the steam page yet o.o
so that could also be hanging them up

edit :: DLC just appeared on steam WOOT WOOT ITS MINE MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

El Horse
12-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Defiance content releases always seem a bit...

http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/hurdle-race-fail.gif

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Root beer, meet keyboard!

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 03:47 PM

Such an inaccurate comparison....

That guy is way too fast!
And you can -see- the effort he is making!

Holy Bahamut3
12-10-2013, 03:53 PM

LMAO.... I cant breathe......

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I know what I can do!
I can copy paste those code things!
That'll waste the whole of twenty minutes ;)

wh00p455
12-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree it's a bad comparison if it where to be accurate it would be 2 or 3 people trying to broadcast it via a weak Skype connection with poor and degraded video talking about a different event they did earlier even though they already spent the allotted time for that event earlier.
Such an inaccurate comparison....

That guy is way too fast!
And you can -see- the effort he is making!

blotto33
12-10-2013, 04:13 PM
is that the "defiance" livestream???

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 04:22 PM
is that the "defiance" livestream???

They would have to play a bit more to get up to that level.

crasher
12-10-2013, 04:34 PM
They would have to play a bit more to get up to that level.
Did you notice the Raptor way back on the left for just a second, before it falls too far behind and drops from the shot?

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Did you notice the Raptor way back on the left for just a second, before it falls too far behind and drops from the shot?

You are KILLING me Crash man

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 05:33 PM
DLC
Delayed.
Late.
Content.

That is all. :(

Mike Chone
12-10-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm having a hard time choking down the idea that the database caused an additional 4 hours of downtime. I'm not trying to troll either. I have some IRL experience with databases (of many kinds) and it just doesn't add up that any "glitch" would cause an additional 4 hours unless you hosed something like the inventory table. Even at that, I can't imagine the table would be larger than a few gigs which means a meaty-okra NOC system should be able to process a scripted repair in a few mins -- not hours :(

No worries. They should have pre-patch backups.

When I log in tomorrow and EGO tells me that she took the liberty to upgrade my grenades to the new superior technology, I'm going to have a hard time to keep my cool.

Like... "must... not... slit.... wrists...."

DLC
Delayed.
Late.
Content.

That is all. :(

I remember a movie as a youngster, "Word of the wise, never pay full price for late..." Lets see how old everyone is :)

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm having a hard time choking down the idea that the database caused an additional 4 hours of downtime. I'm not trying to troll either. I have some IRL experience with databases (of many kinds) and it just doesn't add up that any "glitch" would cause an additional 4 hours unless you hosed something like the inventory table. Even at that, I can't imagine the table would be larger than a few gigs which means a meaty-okra NOC system should be able to process a scripted repair in a few mins -- not hours :(

No worries. They should have pre-patch backups.

Like... "must... not... slit.... wrists...."

How about the little servers trion got at the scratch and dent sale?

Mike Chone
12-10-2013, 05:44 PM
How about the little servers trion got at the scratch and dent sale?

As long as its not hamster powered....

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 05:45 PM
i won't be getting the dlc until i see pictures of the new tech [weapons] on the internets :3

Mike Chone
12-10-2013, 05:46 PM
i won't be getting the dlc until i see pictures of the new tech [weapons] on the internets :3

-100 for saying 'internets'. :P

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 05:47 PM
-100 for saying 'internets'. :P

but it's the truth! :3

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 05:48 PM

I'm not buying until I see others using it in action in game....

Bakku
12-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm more interested in the quest *cough* I mean story lines, myself. If you just want to see the cold fire weapons, they're here:
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/12/04/arkbreaker-spotlight-new-volge-weapons/

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm not buying until I see others using it in action in game....

On the interwebs?

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm more interested in the quest lines, myself. If you just want to see the cold fire weapons, they're here:
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/12/04/arkbreaker-spotlight-new-volge-weapons/

it said 20 new tech [weapons] and there is only 3 pictures of tech posted

Bakku
12-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Ah, I'm not sure about that. Is it new weapon models of old weapon types? New sub-types? Like how Infectors have Invaders, Immunizers, etc.?

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Server is live finally

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Server is live finally

I hope you're not playing with me....

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 06:02 PM
no sir, i only play solo and ive never seen you in game

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I hope you're not playing with me....

server is not Live >.>

DanteYoda
12-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Looking forward to several things in this DLC, mostly quality of life changes. The grenade changes really not so much.

The missions in this DLC are better than the first and what we would have expected from the episodic content.

Same here, I know everyone loves new Content but i really like some of the new features its adding.

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 06:04 PM
server is not Live >.>
only XBOX users play on live, us ps3 users are on psn, duh

Bakku
12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Server is live finally

No it's not. -_-

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
only XBOX users play on live, us ps3 users are on psn, duh

so what you are saying the PS3 servers are live *cough* anyhow one more hour till i check up the server availability

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 06:07 PM
you sound like you are coming down with a cold, perhaps some rest and vitamin C would do some good. I hope that cough clears up soon :)

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 06:08 PM
so what you are saying the PS3 servers are live *cough* anyhow one more hour till i check up the server availability

No, im saying that ps3 users use PSN, and xbox users use Live.

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 06:08 PM
I feel cheated and used and abused...
I'll patch and play tomorrow...;)

Bob & Phill took back what they said about our mothers... And us being the forgiving people we are forgave them, and thus they are now less hated.

;)

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 06:09 PM
No, im saying that ps3 users use PSN, and xbox users use Live.

ooooh kay

*10 chars

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 06:10 PM

Bob & Phill took back what they said about our mothers... And us being the forgiving people we are forgave them, and thus they are now less hated.
;)
you can choose not to forgive, its part of the "Live and Let Live" storyline, followed by "To Hold a Grudge"

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 06:11 PM

;)

It's a Festivus miracle!

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 06:12 PM
It's a Festivus miracle!
no soup for you

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 06:12 PM
no soup for you

Do I get soup before I go to bed?!

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Do I get soup before I go to bed?!

no i don't want green eggs and ham while wearing a green hat

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 06:14 PM
As long as its not hamster powered....

shhhh >.> there dawarf hampsters <.<

trions hampsters

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/12753/hamster-wheel-o.gif

>.> i found another hampster that works for another company....

i think trion needs to buy it to power there servers

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1183975/family-guy-buff-hamster-o.gif

GridSufer
12-10-2013, 06:16 PM
That's the guy running Blizzards servers I believe.

Mike Chone
12-10-2013, 06:20 PM

trions hampsters

I can't resist.... "He's dead, Jim."

ColapsN7
12-10-2013, 06:22 PM
deat server rapir time ??? 健康 とともに ^^:^^ xD.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 06:23 PM
the wheel is turning >.> but the hampster is dead <.< so mean......so so..... well ok maybe but still its mean ....

Bakku
12-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Poor hamster... D:

bostonmauler
12-10-2013, 06:25 PM

trions hampsters

>.> i found another hampster that works for another company....

i think trion needs to buy it to power there servers

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1183975/family-guy-buff-hamster-o.gif

servers are incredibly complicated and expensive, and running an mmo style game requires more than just massive hardware. I own a small social network with less than 250,000 users and i run it on a $12,000 +/- server i had built on a BUDGET, and i still get complaints of lag. This game is fun but lacks the real paying user base to fund a real server setup. There is another thread where people are complaining left and right about trions "bad" servers, and they even compare them to blizzards, saying if they can then trion should be able to. Most of you guys have absolutely no clue about what server configurations really entail, or that blizzards game servers cost over 1 million us dollars total. Trion is doing an excellent job. This game is fun, fast paced, intuitive and engaging. In regards to that guy claiming to have experience with databases, dont you realize that every single element in the game, including player and account details needs its own table, some tables are shared others are not, and releasing a DLC requires integrating new tables into existing databases without any problems? All that being said, I was just joking about the servers being up, I am bored.

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 06:25 PM
He walked away...
I'm sure I saw him walk away...

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 06:42 PM
He walked away...
I'm sure I saw him walk away...

i think he poped a vain in his head o.o and was rushed to the ER where a indogine docter is now oparating on him and trying to repair the rage damage.... pooor poor man. if only he hadent drank the hellbug booz

Neopunk76
12-10-2013, 06:45 PM
So what exactly is your question and what exactly do you want to talk about? Defiance? Sorry I missed you line of thought.

Thomas1975
12-10-2013, 06:46 PM
I find it funny I made a negative comment and people got upset at the start of this day, now the haters come in flocks. Not that I disagree with them mind you, but you see why I made the comments I made. This always happens anytime Trion does anything with the server. Bet it is not up for everyone in 15 min. be happy if they update on time.

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 06:47 PM
we have 15 mins left o.o EVERY ONE GO CRAZY AND START RIPING HOLES IN THE WALLS AND SOMEONE HASTO THROW A CHAIR BATMAN THROW A CHAIR DAMN IT !!!!!

rebtattoo
12-10-2013, 06:50 PM
I find it funny I made a negative comment and people got upset at the start of this day, now the haters come in flocks. Not that I disagree with them mind you, but you see why I made the comments I made. This always happens anytime Trion does anything with the server. Bet it is not up for everyone in 15 min. be happy if they update on time.I'm not a hater. I dealt with the "Debacle of DLC 1" and the "Great Disaster of Patch 1.105" for PS3 players. Not a hater. A realist.

RAMPAGIN
12-10-2013, 06:56 PM
They just announced another 4 hour server downtime " patch needs to verify " blah blah

mcshulte
12-10-2013, 06:57 PM
i vote we all go get churros.

RAMPAGIN
12-10-2013, 06:58 PM

I agree.......

samuelsinn
12-10-2013, 06:59 PM
They just announced another 4 hour server downtime " patch needs to verify " blah blah

with out a link i no beleave you :D becuse im watching the DLC update page like a hawlk and thay have not posted anything new in the last 4 hours

Mike Chone
12-10-2013, 07:00 PM
servers are incredibly complicated and expensive, and running an mmo style game requires more than just massive hardware. I own a small social network with less than 250,000 users and i run it on a $12,000 +/- server i had built on a BUDGET, and i still get complaints of lag. This game is fun but lacks the real paying user base to fund a real server setup. There is another thread where people are complaining left and right about trions "bad" servers, and they even compare them to blizzards, saying if they can then trion should be able to. Most of you guys have absolutely no clue about what server configurations really entail, or that blizzards game servers cost over 1 million us dollars total. Trion is doing an excellent job. This game is fun, fast paced, intuitive and engaging. In regards to that guy claiming to have experience with databases, dont you realize that every single element in the game, including player and account details needs its own table, some tables are shared others are not, and releasing a DLC requires integrating new tables into existing databases without any problems? All that being said, I was just joking about the servers being up, I am bored.

You're doing something wrong. I have 4 servers, that ran me about $420 each in a datacenter in Florida on 1gbps pipes that have more than 2,000,000 users/unique-hits per day (about 670ish websites) across all 4 atom-class servers -- yes, atom class. If you're using Linux, have a decent dedicated T2-T1 connection, with less than 1,000,000 subscribers to a CGI/PHP/ASP site, no one should ever complain of lag -- even if you're using something as bulky as buddypress. Granted, when you hit the 5M mark, you're going to need to think about farming.

Bonehead
12-10-2013, 07:01 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm churros!

Bane_Of_Legends
I agree.......

*fixes churros for everyone*
I work at Taco Bell, so..
Yeah. :3

Thomas1975
Here comes the standard post closings and no more information. Time is up and no more information

RAMPAGIN
12-10-2013, 07:03 PM

I agree.......

If no one else votes thats 2 - 0 for churros, that means we ALL have to go get churros.....

Silent Night
I predict 9:20 EST we will have an update. Make your guesses below.

survivor36
Server is live finally

Nope not on PC. at least for me.

Bonehead
You're doing something wrong. I have 4 servers, that ran me about $420 each in a datacenter in Florida on 1gbps pipes that have more than 2,000,000 users/unique-hits per day (about 670ish websites) across all 4 atom-class servers -- yes, atom class. If you're using Linux, have a decent dedicated T2-T1 connection, with less than 1,000,000 subscribers to a CGI/PHP/ASP site, no one should ever complain of lag -- even if you're using something as bulky as buddypress. Granted, when you hit the 5M mark, you're going to need to think about farming.

scratch and dent servers for 15 bucks each.
They knew a guy who knew a guy....

Bane_Of_Legends
12-10-2013, 07:04 PM
If no one else votes thats 2 - 0 for churros, that means we ALL have to go get churros.....

Way ahead of you. Who would actually vote no for churros?

RAMPAGIN
with out a link i no beleave you :D becuse im watching the DLC update page like a hawlk and thay have not posted anything new in the last 4 hours

Caught me :)

Thomas1975

who know another guy?

samuelsinn

mmmmmmmm churrros nummy ....

Nashtalia
12-10-2013, 07:05 PM
server is still down >.>

Mike Chone
12-10-2013, 07:05 PM

3 of them are 3-4 years old and haven't had a restart in over 8 months when the last kernel update came out :) Neva underestimate those scratch and dent servers when run by the right people :P

bigguy
12-10-2013, 07:06 PM
is it safe to download the patch even though the servers are still down ?

Kaiselius

I vote cheesecake!

Alice Liddell
I'm rather annoyed at the server still being down.

Silent Night

Yup they deleted all of our characters. Whelp time to restart.

If you believed that for even a second I succeeded.

samuelsinn
still not up on PC and its 6 mins past time :P HURRY UP TRION stop playing the game and get your server back up for us... oh wait maybe thay did a server reset after the upload o.o

Thomas1975
12-10-2013, 07:07 PM

good luck, but yes

Kaiselius
Patch seemed to work fine here, just waiting for the servers to come on now.

Mike Chone

Yup they deleted all of our characters. Whelp time to restart.

If you believed that for even a second I succeeded.

Actually, I was hoping to ...... see..... something......... anything........ dammit

Sdric
12-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Trion.exe has stopped working :p

Drunk
12-10-2013, 07:09 PM
so... its after 2.... server is... well lets stop mincing words i seen more life in a stone..... anyone taking bets on "another 4 hours"?

Alice Liddell
12-10-2013, 07:09 PM
I hate the waiting. I was checking for this update at 10 am EST and now at 9:09 pm EST still naught!

Whippersnapper
12-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Ok so they let us know it was going to take another 4hrs and those extra 4hrs are up.

The servers are still down though. I checked the server status forum and nothing. No new update.
Can I pretty much expect this not to be resolved until tomorrow?

Kaiselius
12-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone,

The vast majority of the update to DLC #2 is now complete. However, we are still in the process of completing the grenade conversion. At this time, we are extending another ** 2 hours ** until 8PM PST / 4AM GMT to ensure that this task has an adequate amount of time to process.

~ Morgana

Zugo
Just tried to login, it made me cry.

Shaun12500
Two more hours!

Tylersel
"Hello everyone,

The vast majority of the update to DLC #2 is now complete. However, we are still in the process of completing the grenade conversion. At this time, we are extending another ** 2 hours ** until 8PM PST / 4AM GMT to ensure that this task has an adequate amount of time to process.

~ Morgana"

REALLY? IT HAS BEEN SO LONG. just put them up.

Alice Liddell
Hello everyone,

~ Morgana

No one wanted the grenade change anyway gdi.

Kaiselius
12-10-2013, 07:12 PM
None of us want it, can't we just skip the grenade part?!

Nashtalia
2.hours.

ef this crapaloo i am waiting out tommorow :X

xilfxlegion
Hello everyone,

~ Morgana

boy am i glad i rushed home to spend $10 on dlc i cant play.

Murders Faces
12-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Downtime extended 2 hours, trion stop screwing around.

Alice Liddell
12-10-2013, 07:14 PM
None of us want it, can't we just skip the grenade part?!

Preaching to the choir. I like my Legendary Pyro Grenade just the way it is thank you very much! Just let me call arks down and rifle through them, geez.

zombiekitty
12-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Trion not screwing around would be against Trion "norm." C'mon, guys. Most of us were here foR DLC 1. We all know how it works-- extended down time until god only knows when, and then bugs, glitches, and even more critical errors.

Get with the program. :cool::o

RAMPAGIN
12-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Hello everyone,

~ Morgana

^^ this is legit... Battlefield 4 here i come

Tylersel
12-10-2013, 07:15 PM
the next update from them will be "Please be patient while we try to perfect our dlc update, our approximate downtime will be 2 and a half years. Thank you all for being patient"

justifiable187
12-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Hello everyone,

~ Morgana

Was just going to say: How much do you want to bet the conversion doesn't know what to do with characters that have stacks of different rarity of the same grenade types.

Alice Liddell
the next update from them will be "Please be patient while we try to perfect our dlc update, our approximate downtime will be 2 and a half years. Thank you all for being patient"

HA! Accurate

nitroz76
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm3d7csSXt1qhd6hwo1_500.gif

El Horse
Obviously would have been too much trouble to tell us earlier, some of us are in Europe waiting up to 2am. Superb consideration for the customers. Hopefully it will be up by the end of the week.

Shaun12500
12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
At this rate it's going to be on psn store before servers come online

Silent Night
They should have done the update overnight last night, when its night time in most of America. The update will be released at 11 here. They will barely make it. I haven't lost hope.

bigkevib
its 9:20p.m. here in GA. that means its 6:20 PST they said it will be up by then???? i just paid for the game yesterday. spent all night with the last patch now a new one that i spent updating but cant login. please give updated ETA on service. i love the show and the game live up to it.

SchrodingersKitteh
This is so typical of Trion.

Not only can they not stick to a schedule, they apparently comprehend the passage of time, 'approximately 4 hours downtime'.......nearly 12 hours frackin' later and they still won't have not got their act together.

Sorry if I seem a tad upset, but having been waiting nearly all day for this dlc, this takes the biscuit, the mug of coffee and the box of chocolates.

3 posts on my profile and I think all of them are commenting on Trion's 'perfect' track record of customer relations......

Holy Bahamut3
The Tyrant Strikes again....

Arsenic_Touch
Since the thread was closed before I had the chance to answer, here's my response.

If only they had actually listened to ANYONE who played the "alpha" Servers. Now called PTS. We wouldn't be in this mess.

They listened on the guns (or so they said ) i don't know how much of a difference my complaints made in that regard, dahanese said they went back and changed some things with them to make them better.

They listened when we said the boss was weak and they buffed it twice.

But when it comes to the main issue, they refused to answer any real questions or concerns about it and avoided them like the plague. Even the live stream with ktam, they avoided the issue.

Dakmor
12-10-2013, 07:18 PM
i play alot of games and this craps happens generaly because they dont properly prepare for a release. trion take the diaper off and put your big boy pants on beforehand so we can enjoy some new content on the day its supposed to come out.

xToOr
12-10-2013, 07:18 PM

BACK ON TOPIC

Just so you know... If you intend to offend someone, at least make sure you are using proper "english"

xethier
12-10-2013, 07:19 PM
oh so glad i waited to get this game until this week.
if i'd paid the initial price or bought a season pass. i'd be murderously angry at this point.

my sympathies to all vets here. it seems you've been screwed horrendously by a company that (up until now) i had nothing but praise for. seeing the ire and bile being tossed about on these forums... wow.

i've gotten my $7.50 worth out of it. but after seeing the community in the state it's in and the first patch day i've been involved in... i doubt i'll be spending any more cash on this game.

Alice Liddell
12-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Let's discuss the other fails of Trion as we wait, shall we?

Like not letting Tiio Horn voice Rynn, that's a big one.

skepticck
12-10-2013, 07:21 PM
...Let's discuss the other fails of Trion as we wait, shall we?...

better not, we could be here all night for that :D

Holy Bahamut3
12-10-2013, 07:21 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142604-It-s-been-8-hours.........&p=1343002#post1343002

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142568-Update-on-dlc-2

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142606-This-is-kinda-cute.&p=1343028#post1343028

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142578-My-Fault&p=1343022#post1343022

Four threads condensed down into this one... *sigh*

Alice Liddell
12-10-2013, 07:22 PM
better not, we could be here all night for that.

True, but I would like to complain about the fact that they didn't let Rynn be voiced by her actress.

Silent Night
The game is really good and was definitely worth the $145 and 500+ hours I've put into it. It's the updates and the fact that Trion reduced the amount of people working on Defiance since launch.

Brianflipside
its 9:20p.m. here in GA. that means its 6:20 PST they said it will be up by then???? i just paid for the game yesterday. spent all night with the last patch now a new one that i spent updating but cant login. please give updated ETA on service. i love the show and the game live up to it.

If you just bought the game you are getting your $2.99 worth...lol.

Try spending $200 on just the game on day one, and thats not counting bits, boosts etc.
People who stuck with them from day one have been getting a reaming. This is what Trion and PSN are all about.
Get use to it.

For $2.99 you are getting the cherry on top. :D

Amack
ETA is now XMAS.

I can't believe they had the guts to blame the timeframe on the grenades... ahahahaha.

Dakmor
12-10-2013, 07:23 PM
its not a bad game and its worth the buy but it just seems trion truly only cares about rift man and dont get me wrong rift is good but they need actually focus on defiance for a while and just possibly it could be just as good or better. as of now im just using defiance and eq2 to keep me occupied until witcher 3 and eternal crusade comes out.

samuelsinn
^^ this is legit... Battlefield 4 here i come

i belave you this time. 2 more hours sigh. atleast its not another 4. hmmmm i still get to play tonight mmmm cant wait mmmmmm see every one else tomarrow :: goes to watch TV for the next hour and 30 mins ::

fubucious
IMO then need to just stick to pc they dont know how to run things on anything else i put up with months of stuff like this the reason i left thought about returning just to check out the dlc since i paid for it guess i want now been waiting all day just to see what they messed up now

Playt99
What happened to SledgeHammer?

G3ntlmanInBlack
12-10-2013, 07:24 PM
oh so glad i waited to get this game until this week.
if i'd paid the initial price or bought a season pass. i'd be murderously angry at this point.

my sympathies to all vets here. it seems you've been screwed horrendously by a company that (up until now) i had nothing but praise for. seeing the ire and bile being tossed about on these forums... wow.

i've gotten my $7.50 worth out of it. but after seeing the community in the state it's in and the first patch day i've been involved in... i doubt i'll be spending any more cash on this game.

Day 1 veteran here. This game really wasn't that bad, still isn't. It is just that gamers as a group are generally impatient now (example: anyone remember levelling in the original ever quest games? Now look at wow... impatience won out). I have faith that by season two, if the game is still alive, we will be very happy with where it is. But, then again, I still think the army will pull its head out of its ***, though it hasn't happened since I joined. Fact is, there are decent people at Trion, trying to fix this, they are just in over their heads for now, that is all.

SchrodingersKitteh
ETA is now XMAS.

I can't believe they had the guts to blame the timeframe on the grenades... ahahahaha.

Christmas when? 2014????

Mike Chone
What happened to SledgeHammer?

Whoa! Seems every thread that talks about the downtime or threads being closed is abruptly closed and/or deleted :(

Day 1 veteran here. This game really wasn't that bad, still isn't. It is just that gamers as a group are generally impatient now (example: anyone remember levelling in the original ever quest games? Now look at wow... impatience won out). I have faith that by season two, if the game is still alive, we will be very happy with where it is. But, then again, I still think the army will pull its head out of its ***, though it hasn't happened since I joined. Fact is, there are decent people at Trion, trying to fix this, they are just in over their heads for now, that is all.

Speaking of day ones, I'm a day 1 Beta EQer. I remember the arsenumbing hell-levels very well. I remember running across Keranas hoping that your Invis or SOE didn't drop and if it did, the pure adrenaline rush you would get. However, in those days, when the fastest server was less powerful than my Motorola Razr Maxx HD, it was expected that a database of 10 million subscribers would take a little while to update, 8 hours was the longest I remember, mainly because they started the patches at 2am in the morning and were usually done by the time I logged in and started playing.

El Horse
its not a bad game and its worth the buy but it just seems trion truly only cares about rift man and dont get me wrong rift is good but they need actually focus on defiance for a while and just possibly it could be just as good or better. as of now im just using defiance and eq2 to keep me occupied until witcher 3 and eternal crusade comes out.

Don't forget about minecra..... Ahem, I mean Trove.

MEDUSA
12-10-2013, 07:27 PM
-sigh- I'll only get to play for an hour because of work in the morning. :'(

zombiekitty
I guess this is the one and only thread we're supposed to flock to, in order to prevent "spamming" of posts in the forum. So uh .. go "And the server is now down... Lets talk!" team!

Amack
Just make it a 12 hour window, that gets completed in 10 hours.... and we'll be happy.

G3ntlmanInBlack

When is that hitting shelves? That is the mc mmo, right?

Zugo
I don't drink on weekdays, I used to be able to say that truthfully until that last 2 hour message.

Dakmor

man when i saw trove i think i had a partial stroke. i mean unless trove is gonna be able to be modded like minecraft it will never work out. it just seems like a horrid idea to me.

xethier
12-10-2013, 07:28 PM

I was expecting more honestly. I've finished all the base "content" in a week. (granted i'm a "content consumer" type of gamer) Other than pvp content i've done everything. I wanted to get a feel for the game before i bought any additional DLC's or packs. As far as i can tell, it isn't worth the cost considering the many alternative free to play games out there.

Additionally, i tend to judge games heavily on their community. And honestly, after reading these forums for the last few days, i'm singularly unimpressed. The community seems to be up-in-arms against trion and have some very good points that don't seem to be being addressed.

As a big fan of the show, this disappoints me greatly. But i'll keep an open mind in the future and pay attention to how things play out.

Alice Liddell
12-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Ugh, at this rate I'll have finished making the Season 2 Irisa doll before I get to call an ark down.

Holy Bahamut3
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
We all are forced to complain on this one thread, so they can pretend to keep up with our criticism...

I'm not going to sugar coat it, I AM ANGRY! I spent WAY too much on this game. Full price and the Season pass...

skepticck
12-10-2013, 07:30 PM
ETA is now XMAS.

rofl, a little part of me is hopping that they have so much trouble implementing the new grenades that they have to forget that change and go back to the old system :o
yea, i know it's mean, just my *****y side surfacing :p

zombiekitty
We all are forced to complain on this one thread, so they can pretend to keep up with our criticism...

I'm not going to sugar coat it, I AM ANGRY! I spent WAY too much on this game. Full price and the Season pass...

Good for you. Don't be silenced. That's the worst thing you could do.

Nilxain
Just don't do it, problem solved

Hello everyone,

~ Morgana

It's an omen!!! turn back now!!

K Ron Spliffs
12-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I like how fast they can lock a thread..... XD

Alice Liddell

Same, but with emotional investment in the show to the point of crying myself to sleep, fury at the fact that they didn't even get Rynn voiced by Tiio Horn, and assorted other emotions thrown into the mix.

G3ntlmanInBlack
I was expecting more honestly. I've finished all the base "content" in a week. (granted i'm a "content consumer" type of gamer) Other than pvp content i've done everything. I wanted to get a feel for the game before i bought any additional DLC's or packs. As far as i can tell, it isn't worth the cost considering the many alternative free to play games out there.

Additionally, i tend to judge games heavily on their community. And honestly, after reading these forums for the last few days, i'm singularly unimpressed. The community seems to be up-in-arms against trion and have some very good points that don't seem to be being addressed.

As a big fan of the show, this disappoints me greatly. But i'll keep an open mind in the future and pay attention to how things play out.

Most of the hate boys are what we like to call trolls. I thinks they really just wanna piss everyone else off cause they get some perverse satisfaction out of it. For being truly the first of its kind, I think Trion did a great job with defiance. I just wish they had known how great it could have been back before they released. I know they had a deadline with the show, but that should have been coordinated better. Hopefully the game will go the way of the show, get tons of financial backing, and season two will blow our minds.

mcshulte
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Most of the hate boys are what we like to call trolls. I thinks they really just wanna piss everyone else off cause they get some perverse satisfaction out of it. For being truly the first of its kind, I think Trion did a great job with defiance. I just wish they had known how great it could have been back before they released. I know they had a deadline with the show, but that should have been coordinated better. Hopefully the game will go the way of the show, get tons of financial backing, and season two will blow our minds.

welcome back man! you back on game or just on forums?

Dakmor
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Same, but with emotional investment in the show to the point of crying myself to sleep, fury at the fact that they didn't even get Rynn voiced by Tiio Horn, and assorted other emotions thrown into the mix.
your quote is pretty cool

G3ntlmanInBlack
12-10-2013, 07:34 PM
welcome back man! you back on game or just on forums?
Game too. I joined back in after d3 and ghosts... I honestly like this game more than both of them combined. How ya been?

Mike Chone
I like how fast they can lock a thread..... XD

IBTL

BWHAHAHA! That was a great laugh.

Nilxain

These downtimes are fairly common for MMOs. But, adding two hours for the grenade change is salt in the wound. It's like Defiance is actually the setting for some larger game that Trion plays - where they collect subjects together and then find different ways to piss them off.

bigkevib
reminds my of 2011 when psn was hacked and shut down for a mouth

Alice Liddell
12-10-2013, 07:35 PM
your quote is pretty cool

What, my signature? It's dialogue from Alice: Madness Returns