PDA

View Full Version : New gameplay settings. (Bug and clarifications)

Arsenic_Touch
12-11-2013, 12:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/v6iIRzU.jpg

Show effect activations does not work, so I have no idea what it does. I click On and it goes to off when I leave the menu. FOV shift, no idea what that does didn't notice a difference, same for UI shake. We need some clarification on this.

WhiteF8ng
12-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Show Effect Animations I thought was the spikes active animation but it didn't do anything on the PTS. And the other 2 I thought were new PC only options. If I had to guess FOV shift would be the stagger view change? Like getting hit by a DM sniper shot.

But, yeah, idk either...

crasher
12-11-2013, 02:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/v6iIRzU.jpg

Show effect activations does not work, so I have no idea what it does. I click On and it goes to off when I leave the menu. FOV shift, no idea what that does didn't notice a difference, same for UI shake. We need some clarification on this.
I opt 'on' and exit back to my 'toon. When I open the menu again it's still 'on'.

No idea what it does yet.

I don't see 'Proxy Memory' making a difference, though.

VicousBlood
12-11-2013, 03:59 AM
FOV Shift zooms out on the landscape when you hit the sprint key, when it's off the camera will not zoom when you hit the sprint key. May also do more but that was the most noticeable immediate change.

Show effect activations, I'm pretty sure this shows the nano effect damage numbers(but it seems to be broken you can see the damage tick on the enemy HP bar. But tick damage numbers do not always appear) And also buff notifications.

Proxy Memory, should help with keeping character models/details loaded into memory earlier and allow those characters in the pointsharing vicinity to keep their characters models loaded into memory...less base models on the common/nearby battlefield(That's what I would assume from the name) then again...

Arsenic_Touch
12-11-2013, 04:44 AM
Okay the UI shake is for when sprinting. The UI will shift ever so slightly when you dash. Still no idea what the effects setting does.

VicousBlood
12-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Forgot what I was gonna say.
Aah I remember now, I think until they fix the switch we will never know, hopefully they explain it.