PDA

View Full Version : couldnt finish new mission

bigguy
12-11-2013, 06:50 AM
anyone else have trouble finishing the new mission in mount tam for stims that starts near bloodbath , i forgot to write down the name of it , but anyway the first time there was a volge siege happening and i stabbed myself with the stim and when the sieg was over i went upstairs in the building to search the stim cache like the mission said but there was nothing there and there was someone else standing there with me who had the same problem , so i figured i would abandon mission and start it over except the next time it wouldnt even give me credit for stabbing myself with the stim anymore , i want to finish this so i get credit for the pursuit and get it off my map , what do i do

Arsenic_Touch
12-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Did you happen to already have a healing stim that you got from the arkbreaker stash or from a previous drop? if so, follow these instructions.

Sell your current healing stim or break it down.
Then reset the quest and go back to retrieve it.
This should allow you to complete the quest.

During the alpha testing, I discovered that if you already had a healing stim when trying to do the mission, it wouldn't register that you used the stim. This was the solution I discovered and reported to Trion. It appears that the bug made it to the live game.

bigguy
12-11-2013, 06:57 AM
thanks again arsenic i appreciate the help

Arsenic_Touch
12-11-2013, 06:59 AM
No problem. You may also run into the same issue with the damage spike with the second side mission. I repeated the same process to get it to register properly (sell off the one I have and then purchase one from the vendor like it said to)

bigguy
12-11-2013, 07:03 AM
great yeah that may be a problem since i have ten blue damage spikes equipped , once again thanks

melkathi
12-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Seems to be more broken about the mission than just that :(
I did it and the healing stim counted fine, but the container for the damage spike was missing - the marker for where it was sposed to be was just hovering in empty air.
So I reset the mission to try again. Now the healing stim won't count whatever I do :(

N7_Legion
12-11-2013, 07:45 AM
The mission you are talking about is Combat Tech, Part 1. This exact same thing happened to me on the Alpha server. I could not find a way to fix it. I reported it on the forum, but did not here back from any devs about it.

Fortunately it did not happen again to me on the main server. Good luck, and hope your able to get your mission fixed!

Telemachus
12-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Same thing happened to my character.

I just relogged and ran back and the box/locker thing was there.