PDA

View Full Version : Consumables: Reward + Reworks are needed.

Chevota
12-11-2013, 03:37 PM
REWARDS
Popping these on a Reward is PATHETIC to say the least guys... Cmon... The 1 and only thing I'll give you, is to say "This is the ONLY way you get ORANGE CONSUMABLES." (Which, I dont believe Stims go over Blue rarity, so its really all about Grenades/Spikes if Spikes do go over Blue)

*I didnt look, but its 3 Items + 1 consumable apparently. This did not go into the original statement which i wont alter.*
Kill the Consumables in the Lockboxes ASAP. Its ridiculous to buy 3 T3's, and have 3 of the 9 Items be Consumables that I Salvage instantly. (Ok some dont have Orange quality of all types... BUT YOU WILL EVENTUALLY)

There is only 1 good thing about getting a Frag from a Lockbox when I have an Orange: It gets put in Claimable to reload my Frags on-demand.

CONGRATS, (in this 3 T3 boxes example) we just shelled out 8 Keys + 667 Scrip to save myself a 125 Scrip refill trip to a Vendor...
*The math here would actually be 6 Keys + 500 Scrip*

RE-WORK on DROPS
So I find Im losing Salvage now since I wont stand around and pick up every Grenade/Spike/Stim, since they're all lower quality and I have multiple drops to reload already...

For the example, we will say; I am fully loaded on all 3 Consumables of Orange quality; a white/green/blue/purple drops.

What happens when I (we should be able to pick them up, atm, we cant) pick up the Lower quality Consumable:
A ~ It Auto-salvages the Lower quality Consumable, giving me the Ark Salvage value IMMEDIATELY.

B ~ It stashes the Consumable in the Claim Items. This will give me reloads later on-demand. (this happens with Grenades from Lockboxes, so it could/should potentially be the same with drops)

I cant think of anything else. An auto-Sell/Scrip option would be nice, but When have you ever picked something up and it disintegrated into cash lol.

Atticus Batman
12-11-2013, 03:42 PM
REWARDS
Popping these on a Reward is PATHETIC to say the least guys... Cmon... The 1 and only thing I'll give you, is to say "This is the ONLY way you get ORANGE CONSUMABLES." (Which, I dont believe Stims/Spikes go over Blue rarity, so its really all about Grenades)

Kill the Consumables in the Lockboxes ASAP. Its ridiculous to buy 3 T3's, and have 3 of the 9 Items be Consumables that I Salvage instantly. (Ok some dont have Orange quality of all types... BUT YOU WILL EVENTUALLY)

There is only 1 good thing about getting a Frag from a Lockbox when I have an Orange: It gets put in Claimable to reload my Frags on-demand.

CONGRATS, (in this 3 T3 boxes example) we just shelled out 8 Keys + 667 Scrip to save myself a 125 Scrip refill trip to a Vendor...

RE-WORK on DROPS
So I find Im losing Salvage now since I wont stand around and pick up every Grenade/Spike/Stim, since they're all lower quality and I have multiple drops to reload already...

For the example, we will say; I am fully loaded on all 3 Consumables of Orange quality; a white/green/blue/purple drops.

What happens when I (we should be able to pick them up, atm, we cant) pick up the Lower quality Consumable:
A ~ It Auto-salvages the Lower quality Consumable, giving me the Ark Salvage value IMMEDIATELY.

B ~ It stashes the Consumable in the Claim Items. This will give me reloads later on-demand. (this happens with Grenades from Lockboxes, so it could/should potentially be the same with drops)

I cant think of anything else. An auto-Sell/Scrip option would be nice, but When have you ever picked something up and it disintegrated into cash lol.

Count again. I bought a t4 witch gives you 5 items according to it's description. It gave me 4 weapons AND a stim. So that would be 5 items when I should have gotten 4 according to the box description.

Chevota
12-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Pretty sure I got 9 items (3 being Grenades). Stims/Spikes may have a different slot in Lockboxes for themselves.

Getting 1/3rd of your items as Grenades, that are now nothing better then "Ammo", isnt a reward.

Feel free to correct me, it was pretty much a "Screw that!" moment when I saw 3 Grenades pop in what i thought to be 9 items.

Put it this way Atticus: Say it was a green Power Stim, and you have blue Power Stim equipped, you paid 12.8 Keys + 600 Scrip (still 3K for a T4 right?) for an item that costs you 3,005(?) Scrip to replace at a vendor... (Thats assuming it replenishes 5/10. If it does 10/10 then it would cost 6,010 Scrip to refill).

Its still rip off IMO, 12.8 Keys is greater value than say 6,010 Scrip max. You shouldnt be spending ANY Keys what-so-ever, for an item you can purchase at ANY vendor for just Scrip-only.

Monkerlotus
12-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Count again. I bought a t4 witch gives you 5 items according to it's description. It gave me 4 weapons AND a stim. So that would be 5 items when I should have gotten 4 according to the box description.

Yes, I noticed this as well, my T3s were giving me weapons + a consumable on top which I am perfectly fine with.

Chevota
12-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Yes, I noticed this as well, my T3s were giving me weapons + a consumable on top which I am perfectly fine with.
If indeed it is still 3 Items, but now a bonus consumable... Can you please explain why you're willing to have a portion of your currency pay for the Consumable?

You have to think of it, not as "Oh cool I get a bonus Item", but as "Ok now im paying for 4 items in a T3 Box"... 1/4 of your T3 payment goes for that Consumable (most likely a refill).

(It is nice to have the On-Demand refill, and I think with the Re-work section on pick-ups, that would work BEAUTIFULLY)

Nefarious
12-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah consumables as a reward is pretty lame. We don't get Assault Rifle ammo or Rockets as rewards so then why should we get grenades/spikes/stims as such?

Would also be nice if grenades worked like ammo in that you pick them up automatically to fill your munitions if needed. Its pretty redundant looking at every grenade drop to see if its the type that I need to pick up to fill up my equipped grenade type.

Mudturtle Jones
12-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Let me get this straight. You're complaining because you got 4 items for the price you use to pay to get 3?

Market
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
OP, I totally agree with you about the drops. It's a sad time to see a bunch of unobtainable Ark Salvage littering the ground around me in the form of grenades and stims.

Atticus Batman
12-11-2013, 07:25 PM
If indeed it is still 3 Items, but now a bonus consumable... Can you please explain why you're willing to have a portion of your currency pay for the Consumable?

You have to think of it, not as "Oh cool I get a bonus Item", but as "Ok now im paying for 4 items in a T3 Box"... 1/4 of your T3 payment goes for that Consumable (most likely a refill).

(It is nice to have the On-Demand refill, and I think with the Re-work section on pick-ups, that would work BEAUTIFULLY)

You say, don't pay for lockboxes that give you items you can by in store, but 99% of the weapons I have ever gotten were the same, very similiar, or weaker than what was in the store, therefore by your own logic nobody should EVER by a lockbox again!

Sorry Chevota, I had to point that out.