PDA

View Full Version : 24Hr with DLC2: Your opinions.

Duffstuff
12-11-2013, 05:45 PM
To me this is such a waste of our second DLC, TRION has tried to pass this off as viable content.

20 min story
Ability to call arkfalls
Ability to use cold fusion weapons

Did I miss anything; to me this DLC might be worth $2.50 usd, but definitely not $9.99 usd.

Shadow Andreas
12-11-2013, 05:47 PM
To me this is such a waste of our second DLC, TRION has tried to pass this off as viable content.

20 min story
Ability to call arkfalls

Did I miss anything; to me this DLC might be worth $2.50 usd, but definitely not $9.99 usd.

You forgot the outfit.....that's all I can think of off hand. :)

Thomas1975
12-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Be happy I still can't buy it for several weeks and when I ask anyone from Trion about it, I get nothing. How hard would it be to see it in there store for Bits?

ten4
12-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Not even worth that much, this is crap most game companies would give for free.

Spikes; interesting but really why bother, costs more money than I make to use. I dropped 12 or so at a major, that's what 5-10k credits....I picked up maybe 300 credits total.

Grenade changes: absolutely the most stupidest thing I have ever seen. Case in point, my check out tab is now filled with bloody grenades...all of which are ones I don't even use. And all those wonderful OJ grenades I spent time since launch grinding mindlessly to procur are now standardized with crap mods. Suffice to say, I won't be using grenades now b/c it costs more money to use since the reloads NEVER drop due to fact they are OJ. Only way to get OJ drop is more than likely having full CS loot boosters activated. WORKING AS INTENDED!

New missions: it took me give or take 20 minutes to complete. Did they really spend 4 months working on this? Lame. p.s. the rewards were super lame as well. GJ!

New guns: the ones I have gotten so far suck, like really really suck. I gimp myself by equipping them, it's better to simply melee. WTB real life guns like...like...LIKE IN THE TV SHOW.

New stims: worthless money sink. I am sure the 'pvpers' (all ten of you) might like em. I will stick with free heals from BMG instead.

Cash shop changes: this is the most hilarious one right there. Instead of going more cosmetics, they went pay to win instead. I could tell trion EXACTLY how to make a lot of money in the CS but I won't bother, they are clueless.

Grenade changes part 2; since they took away grenades as equipable objects that can be either sold or salvaged, I now make 1/2 the cash or salvage and now my screen is cluttered with shadow drops of items I can't pick up. Rewards of these, stims, and spikes go to cash shop check out and fills it up. Who the hell thought this was a smart way to do this? Wtf?

Call down arkfalls: yay, blow 10k credits to call and then you get shoved into an already under way instance that 99.99% people will never beat in it's current form. Summed up, a total waste of time and money.

New armor: horrible looking. Try some sexy suits/ones showing skin or breasts instead and I gaurentee you will make 1000s of bucks over night.

Over all, this DLC is terrible and lack luster. But I did not expect anything less from Trion.

Umfafa
12-11-2013, 05:59 PM
The new repeatable content is fun. That's why I bought it after playing on the alpha.

Overall, the new story content is pathetic though. There isn't any really. This feels like a flashback in a war movie.

Kaiselius
12-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Love Stims and spikes, though they would be better if you could just refill them at an ammo crate instead of making them scrip sinks
Story is, surprise surprise, next to non-existent.
Grenade change is bullcrap, like we've all been saying for months.
Enjoy the new arkfalls(except for the fact I've dced at all the ones I've personally had a hand in calling upon trying to enter the arena), but I don't think we'll ever see a warmaster kill on PS3. We just don't have the manpower/co-ordination to make even a dent in his armor.
All the new armor is ugly.

Bob Blunderbust
12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
there are the amazing ghostbuster guns

goaway
12-11-2013, 06:10 PM
I really like it. The WM is great.

melkathi
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
I hve spend all day with the story content!
Well, ok that is because it is bugged and I have been trying to complete the first side mission all day. But nevertheless, I spend all day on it and haven't completed it yet. How about that for 20 mins :P

XTORT
12-11-2013, 06:15 PM
meh.......

Dark Killah
12-11-2013, 06:18 PM
in my best "Comic Book Guy"......"worst DLC ever"

Sdric
12-11-2013, 06:22 PM
The new weapons have fun mechanics.
The "new old" weapons have some nice stats.
Warmaster is fun.

However the overall content is not really much.

hey u
12-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Fun but loaded with bug and glitches that need to get polished out.

DanteYoda
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I hate to be Negative but i feel this was mostly a patch, The DLC side was too light on Content and its extremely broken at least for me, i'm getting a lot of new bugs and crashes from the game to enjoy the content enough.

Some things were changed that actually made the game worse for me (Compare on Vendors gone, Grenade stims etc mechanics, weapons losing bonuses, Arkbreaker bugs and poor instancing..).

There are a few nice additions(Cash shop additions/Layout, lower prices on things, No steve slider etc, which is awesome but on a whole there is a lot more broken too.

Sorry but honest truths. I feel if nothing is fixed asap the game is poorer with DLC 2 added

Laranja
12-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I hve spend all day with the story content!
Well, ok that is because it is bugged and I have been trying to complete the first side mission all day. But nevertheless, I spend all day on it and haven't completed it yet. How about that for 20 mins :P

Hahhahaha dude you just cracked me up! ;)

Nexus Ayres
12-11-2013, 07:38 PM
I wish I could have an opinion, but here's my experience so far...
minor arkfalls - ok for the battle, but the rewards are crap, 2 to 3 blue somethings, usually 1 to 2 of them I can't even pick up.
Major Arkfalls, tried 4 of them today, get everything outside cleared. Attempt to go inside for the warmaster and.....get DC'd "The Defiance service is not available please try again later." reload and try again..DC'd again. Ok move on and try another and what do you know, same thing. I can't even get inside.

Am I the only one? am I doing something wrong? I don't get it.

Calysia
12-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm disappointed with what they did with comparing weapons.

The addition of the stims do not interest me nor does the new outfit as it's pretty blah...actually pretty ugly.

Graphics are better...playing on PC...and the daily/weekly rewards are nice as are the new weapons that I've seen so far.

Warmaster seems over-tuned but that's not uncommon...still doesn't seem to be all that enjoyable of a fight though. Room could be a lot larger.

Overall I think it improves the game so no regrets on money spent.

Henyachingywhy
12-11-2013, 07:45 PM
minor arkfalls - ok for the battle, but the rewards are crap, 2 to 3 blue somethings, usually 1 to 2 of them I can't even pick up.
Major Arkfalls, tried 4 of them today, get everything outside cleared. Attempt to go inside for the warmaster and.....get DC'd "The Defiance service is not available please try again later." reload and try again..DC'd again. Ok move on and try another and what do you know, same thing. I can't even get inside.

This basically sums up my experience. I hope DLC 3 is better. 3rd time's the charm, right? :p

SSlarg
12-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Havent seen the warmaster yet due to being Dropped every time I enter an Arkbreak.
Not too thrilled with the new menus and such but it's bareable. Grenades just suck now. I really love having my 0.0 det nades all be .5 det now ugh.
also haven't seen any better stability from seperating san fran on a new server hopefully this will improve.
I do love the "Favorites" and ability to add a single mod to a fully modded gun. also like the Idea of calling down arkfalls just wish I could Complete one. overall not too great and I am not happy this time. I'd have preferred a New arkfall type (like dark matter last time) and new weapons. this new interface and grenade ammo is annoying at it's best. sad too I really loved the game the way it was. now I am not so sure.

Pilot
12-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Fun but loaded with bug and glitches that need to get polished out.
Polished out! I have played this game from the time of release as well. After this DLC, I'm thinking about calling it quits. I have more problems than ever. It is so bad that not even my wife will play now. They need to start over. There is no point in playing when can't even collect gear. Yes it is that bad.

Angeleus09
12-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Things I like:

Stims (Yay health pots)
Spikes
More Volge weapons
Loadout UI changes
Inventory Favorites
Mass sell/breakdown
Contract updates - both map UI changes and the conversion to conflict sites
Daily/weekly login rewards - Free keys? Sure why not?
Arkfall interiors
Warmaster boss

Things I don't like:

Accidentally mass selling things :(
Every time I favorite and item, it jumps to the top of the list which makes me have to scroll aaaallll the way back down to do the next one
Getting the "Cannot loot, inventory full" message ONLY because I'm trying to loot a consumable that I'm already at max capacity for - several WTF moments when I thought the game wasn't letting me loot items before I figured it out
Getting d/c'd when trying to enter an Arkfall

Tallon
12-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Overall interface and menu changes: Just O.K. didn't really need it, but looks cool
stims: i forget to use them and really don't have a use for them anyway's
spike: I run & Gun, so sitting under the spike umbrella doesn't fit my play style.
Grenade changes: Just plain sucks, useless change.
repeatable content: not bad, but just repetative gameplay.
minor arkfalls: bugged but when it works it's ok, at least its different than the same old grind.
Major arkfalls: haven't tried one yet as I didn't want to get d.c'd
DLC: haven't bought it and for $10 loses it's appeal. Just doesnt have enough to offer. I'll buy it when it's $.99
misc: server crashes and d.c's are commonplace now.
update scale of 1to10: I'll give it a 3

Coyote Clive
12-11-2013, 10:33 PM
OK.

Grenades are a fail. I run out of the kind I favor and am constantly running up to nades that dropped of a variety I am already full of and wasting time. They all look the same till you get close. Not to mention clutter up the area even more. I read that a Trion dev thought recharging grenades were silly while not noticing how silly a recharging 2013 Dodge Challenger is. My thoughts: Change grenades back to the way they were. Make generating them cost ark resources according to power/rarity every time you throw and regenerate one.

Stims/spikes: Well. If the battles weren't flashy and blinding enough now we are in a swirling storm of BMG/spike/stim/detonator/rocket launching/flash-bang orgy. The New DLC should have come with protective goggles.

Can't review the new major Arkfalls due to not being able to stay in the game without being "timed out" and placed in queue with a 40+ minute wait time. This was not a problem before the DLC for me. Minor ark call down was kinda fun though.

I was really enjoying shadow wars and now can't seem to find them. I need to do further research before pronouncing an opinion on that.

Gemini Rapture
12-11-2013, 11:00 PM

most of my clan is getting hit with this, i have been logging back in and asking who made it, so i can map to them, the really crap part is i dont even have the dlc yet so it's really like why am i bothering, i'd rather play what i can of the game before something else dc's me. and i'd be really pissed off if i started an arkbreaker and couldnt get into it.

Ebyl
12-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Grenade changes are quite literally the most idiotic change to a game I've seen in years. That's really all that needs to be said.

PitBull76
12-11-2013, 11:14 PM

20 min story
Ability to call arkfalls

$2.50 would be fair IF you could actually still play the game after purchase. The weapons aren't anything special, the outfit is sad...the GOOD volge outfit is in the Defiance store for around $12.00 (special bundle price my *****)

I've lost over 120,000 scrip due to disconnect errors every time I try to enter one of the new major arkfalls. Purchased 10 Tier 4 lockboxes so far and the best thing I got was a purple frag...the rest was worthless blues, and not one of those was even a Volge weapon...

I am also constantly having to double check my favorite items because items are being added to/taken from my favorites on their own.

Once again there is absolutely NO value to this DLC...

Elastik Spastik
12-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Im enjoying it thoroughly. :)

crash test dummie
12-12-2013, 12:49 AM
I don't own the DLC so I can't comment on the parts that are strictly DLC gated.

Grenades: don't get squat for them anymore when you vendor them so you might as well break them down because you at least get normal pre-patch breakdown salvage for them. Not sure I like the Grenade changes overall. I don't see that it has added anything beneficial.

Warmaster: He's very tough, mainly because fire has to be concentrated on one area to have a chance at killing him and he moves around to much to make that an effective strategy. The "elitests" will say he is just fine but the "elitests" don't comprise the majority of the playerbase and if the mojority starts getting bored because they can't even kill him, more players will end up leaving Defiance. The "elitests" will say that's fine too but I doubt they have deep enough pockets to keep Defiance afloat on their own.

Calling down Arkfalls with Spkies: Interesting mechanic but is basically a Suckers credit sink if the spikes are overpriced. I personally don't know if they are or are not because I haven't a clue where to get them from. Maybe it's part of the DLC only stuff??

Sorting methodology: No idea who is in charge of the database functionality and how it funtions ingame but they need to go back to school. Let me give a specific example. I have 2 Purple Volge Battle Rifles in my "Claims" area. They both have the same name. They should appear on the list next to each other .....at least if sorted by "Type" or "Name" ....or so you would think. Nope! They are miles apart of each other in the sort list and I can't for the life of me figure out why. It only takes a simple flat-file database with multi criteria for sorting info to sort it properly. Other items in the list are the same way. And while we're on the issue of the items database, they really should add a criteria for sorting by "Rarity".

Overall I'm not too impressed by the price of what seems to be a fairly small content patch. I've also started having lots of disconnects since the patch went live and I had not really had any in the previous month or more.

TANKballs
12-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Took all of my nades except for one in each category. Pissed. Stupidest idea ever. The other things...well guys, you can spray paint a dog turd silver, but at the end of the day, it's still a goddam dog turd. Nice job

Bonehead
12-12-2013, 03:11 AM
I like it.

melkathi
12-12-2013, 03:21 AM
I only had a brief look at the new daily conflict site thing. My experience with it was so un-fun I didn't feel like wasting more time on it:
Went to the first conflict site. there were a few 99ers standing around. The normal event that would trigger before the Update, didn't. I shot the 99ers and ran around trying to figure out if something should be happening.
I went to the second conflict site. Exactly teh same thing.
Went to a third conflict site. The normal event was underway with three players clearing it. I jumped in and fought off the hellbugs and raiders witht hem, letting the miners get out of there. Conflict completed.
So from when before the update I could just go and do my contracts, now I have to wait for a cooldown? Don't see how that is an improvement. Seems more like a waste of my time.

Clarity Page
12-12-2013, 04:49 AM
Patch (hotfix) coming later today hopefully it will fix the stability issues no mention of nades though,
They will probably need more time to come up with a compromise if they bother to fix them at all,..
Just nobody buy there grenade refills with real money that way they will be forced to do something to make them worth useing

Battle5Star
12-12-2013, 05:14 AM
1 hour patching last night and after: just fun! :D I really enjoy the new game. :)
I have been playing this game 6-7 days a week before I stopped in October...this DLC brings back all my friends, so I'm happy about. :)

RustyCOQ
12-12-2013, 05:22 AM
It seems like everyone across the board thinks the grenade change is the worst thing ever. I agree. Constantly recharging grenade was a really cool game dynamic and makes you pay for an ill placed throw! Now we just have a crappy version of the same grenade system that all other shooter games have.

I like the UI changes (most of them) and the fact that i'm not looking at General Steve as much anymore. Don't really have an opinion on spikes and stims yet... not something i'm familiar with. I really like that the Warmaster is a challenge (unlike most other enemies in the game).

Really though... what we got was DLC.... not Downloadable CONTENT.. but Downloadable CHANGES. Doesn't content refer to story? Not much of that here...

Rasilon
12-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Did they fix the chat? Havnt reinstalled the game yet, is it worth it?

Battle5Star
12-12-2013, 05:37 AM
Did they fix the chat? Havnt reinstalled the game yet, is it worth it?

Clan chat was working well for us last night. :)

Danke
12-12-2013, 06:20 AM
What works is fun when it works, but that in and of its self seems to ruin the fun. I am glad to see private chat actually works, and you can even add multiple people to the private chat. however, only the person who added the person can hear, player a adds player b and player c but only player a can hear b and c, and b can only talk to a not c and vice versa, and if were going to talk about the private chat, how do you leave it???? once you accept its open till you log off, wtf? someone forgot something there.

arkbreaks.... the minor seems ... idk lame? spend 10k to get 3 blue items? or worse....... how about just donate 5k to a random player save yourself 5k and make another 5k on the time you would have wasted.
arkbreaks major - this is cool, i enjoy the wm, A GOOD challenge, but erm... overpriced considering how glitchy entering is.

Favorites is good, grenades are whatever i like the stronger dmg and shorter cool downs, I personally dont use any oj nades so i just break them all down into salvage so i can pickup more and avoid inv. full msg and spam items in my claim inv,
spikes and stims, yeah pretty much just more free loot to break down, i keep my dmg spike and heal stim, the rest are extra salvage. they give them to you all the time and no quick easy to cycle which one is equiped so chances are you will only use the one type except when you want to manually change it so why not just break the others down and if u want to use a diff type buy/find one then switch to it.

LOVE the new clan setup- time will tell if it actually works as intended.

Woot - Loot: very clever and great, more loot sweet.

I give the new features a 7 out of 10
I give the server performance a 2 out of 10
Id give you a bill when these hard freezes break my ps3 but you wouldnt pay for it anyways.
all in all defiance is still fun but repeated dcs and now IMO even more freezes make the game not so enjoyable to play

I am just glad i dont have the dlc 2 because with the cost of arkbatteries and the frequency of DC id be outraged and broke !

so hey lets go ahead and get those dc's worked out by the time the dlc is up on psn that way I can just act like you planned it that way to save me grief and scrip on batteries for arks i didnt even get to enter! win win for all trion

well except for maybe everyone who bought the season pass or isnt on ps3... damn seems like thats not the majority...

okay well maybe you should just fix it ASAP and thank all the patient players with 10x free batteries and or maybe some free loot boost weekend(s)

ah yes and speaking of loot boost, they fixed clan boosts... yay thats good
alright who's next

Elastik Spastik
12-12-2013, 06:30 AM
I find the chat works but the right hand window doesn't update properly and needs to be able to just use the little box rather than a fullscreen.

Agrona
12-12-2013, 07:04 AM
The stacks for grenades, stims and spikes need to be way higher than 5 or 10. Who thought that this low number would be a good idea, knowing that a lot of those things are dropping as loot?

Haven't really played enough to evaluate the rest of the DLC, since servers were coming down again yesterday evening.

Skydive
12-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Simply put not value for money, far from it! I seen bigger patches with more content done for free for free to play games that offer more content than this.

The new guns, not worth it
story line far too short to even warrant being touted as DLC worth, I completed it in like 30 minutes if that!

Sorry if I was to buy this as a stand alone DLC for 30 minutes of entertainment, I rather go to the cinema and watch 3 outta 10 rating movie, I'll be far more entertained!

Was there anything else in this DLC I missed? didn't think so.

Angeleus09
12-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Just checking in on his thread. After playing some more I agree with some of the statements here about the grenades and other consumables. I like them in principle but the details need to be ironed out.

Grenades - 5 feels like way too few. I get that the intention was to make people switch to a different load out mid-combat to use a different type of grenade but that doesn't really work. Why?

Many of us equipped the same grenade mod in multiple load outs because that's what we want to consistently use so switching load outs could still leave us empty .
Now, we sort of have to equip different grenades in each load out but that means how we play is limited and somewhat dictated to us. Never a good feeling for a player.

How could it be fixed? - By either increasing the amount of each type we can carry, or putting a general cap on grenades. For example, right now we can carry 25 total grenades but only 5 of each type. Allow us to carry 25 of one type if we want, of 15 of one type and 10 of another etc.

Spikes and Stims - I don't really have a complaint about the spikes, I have only used the provided damage spike so far and I like it but I find myself hoping that a higher quality spike will have a bigger radius.

Stims I do have a question about though. Using only a blue heal stim, I can completely refill my health and shields. I tested this with several shields and with the Thick Skinned perk on and off. Nothing seemed to matter how well the stim worked. This has me wondering if I'm simply too low a level (2103 EGO) to really test the blue heal stim or if they are all that effective? If so, why have multiple rarities at all?

Ark batteries - I have only tried two Arkbreaks and got d/c'd trying to enter both so I'm hoping today's server maintenance will help with that. That being said, clearly the daily/weekly login rewards are incentivized by providing you a free ark battery a day but the limit of 4 needs to be clearly marked. Check this thread for details. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?141988-Ark-Spike-Battery-limited-capacity-Arkbreaker-DLC-2)

I'm sure there will be tweaks and balances. On the whole the changes still feel pretty good and I'm liking the direction the game is going.

boom1234567890
12-12-2013, 08:06 AM
well... i hate most of it

1...nades suck...lost damage and lost nades outta claims 2... with all the garbage on the field ie nades u cant pick up... along with spikes it gets so laggy i cant see others on screeen 3.... the new stuff seemed to be locked on disc since they made e1 i know install disc again.... not saying for sure but seems kinda odd 4.... the new system to go to friend looks nice but is super slow and very unneeded not to mention if your at a fight it takes even longer. 5... the 2 pcs at a time an squeezing at venders is just god awful... 6... go fight WMwith friends ... or 12 newbs taking naps that seemingly need moms help to tie there shoes... 7 .... the oj drop rate from boxes is even worse now ... spent 3 mil salvage n got 1 oj..... ive bought 22 boxes with just keys no ojs... thats after not pulling 1 for a week.... 8... new missions... really or how bout old ones with a slight twist....

overall my grade F- ... Dont be sad its a uprade from the last DLC

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Can't wait to get home from work this afternoon and try the new content out for myself... not that I don't trust others, but I like to form an opinion of gaming-related things for myself.

Shogo_Yahagi
12-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Patched and protected my inventory last night, but that's about it.

Impression so far:
Inventory UI revamp is just as bad as we told them it would be before they implemented it. Favorites are a great idea, implemented in the worst way possible, just like we told them when they asked for feedback.

Grenade changes are just as bad as we told them they would be before they implemented it. The old system was fine, and the new system doesn't address any of the problems they set out to "fix", just like we've been telling them ever since they first previewed the changes.

Daily and weekly bonuses were completely underwhelming. Thanks for the free scrip and salvage, I guess? If they could just throw it on the appropriate pile when I log in instead of making me go to the claims section, that would be super.

The new map is cluttered and is actually much less useful than before. My minimap now has so much junk floating on the edges that it all overlaps and I can't tell what any of it is supposed to be. The new arkbreaks that I am not going to waste my time on look exactly like the useful arkfalls until I hover over them on the full map (which suffers from painful lag after even a small amount of play time, btw, so super excited about having to use it more) so I can read the description. Worse, minors look exactly like majors, as far as I can tell, unless majors no longer exist or something. There should be 4 distinct icons for major and minor arkbreaks and arkfalls so I can tell at a glance which are the ones I'm looking for, and better yet, filter out the ones I don't using the legend.