PDA

View Full Version : Yes they did...didn't think they could

badasg
12-11-2013, 08:07 PM
They took a game that was full of lag and time outs, and made it worse

Pilot
12-11-2013, 08:16 PM
I'll second that. If this is better than maybe I should shoot both of my PS3's. They screwed the controls the guns inventory and I'm just going to stop here. It is so unplayable that my wife and I can no longer play it and we have played the game from the time of release.

badasg
12-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Maybe if someone in their company had a ps3 and put some hrs on this game they to could feel our pain

Coyote Clive
12-11-2013, 10:07 PM
I had hardly any time outs till today. I mean it happened about 4-6 times to me in the time since release. Now, post DLC it's almost unplayable. I don't want to get invested time wise into anything because I will get kicked and not get credit. Already happened on several roadside events and 2 major arkfalls for me. First all the baddies stop reacting to me. Then I check my map and see just the map with no points of interest or anything on it. Then my loadout screen has all blank spots then I am booted to queue with a 47 minute wait time :(

crasher
12-12-2013, 12:51 AM

I had hardly any time outs till today. I mean it happened about 4-6 times to me in the time since release. Now, post DLC it's almost unplayable. I don't want to get invested time wise into anything because I will get kicked and not get credit. Already happened on several roadside events and 2 major arkfalls for me. First all the baddies stop reacting to me. Then I check my map and see just the map with no points of interest or anything on it. Then my loadout screen has all blank spots then I am booted to queue with a 47 minute wait time :(
This.

TheMissingEmily
12-12-2013, 05:15 AM
I'll second that. If this is better than maybe I should shoot both of my PS3's. They screwed the controls the guns inventory and I'm just going to stop here. It is so unplayable that my wife and I can no longer play it and we have played the game from the time of release.

The game is still playable your just to lazy to get use to new controls... end of comment

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 06:28 AM

This.

Wow... even on PC this is happening to you? That's no bueno.

rydda
12-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Iv try try try again try keeps kicking me when loading to get in major ark falls an iv used my stuf to call it down same thing. With a group too an all of us kicked off.

PS3

Thomas1975
12-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Iv try try try again try keeps kicking me when loading to get in major ark falls an iv used my stuf to call it down same thing. With a group too an all of us kicked off.

PS3

Major Arkfalls are bugged and have been kicking everyone just after the DLC launch. I was not sure this was happening on all the platforms or just the PS3. For now I would I would advise everyone to only do Minor Arkfalls. My clan did last night and we did not get booted as much. Another thing that helps is go in the router you are using and blow open the ports that your system uses for the game. You can look the steps up online of how to do this and gat a list of ports for your system. Also remember to put your system in a DMZ on your router as it will become a week point in your network as far as security. Mind you this is not a 100% fix but doing this helped, While I still get the disconnect it is not as bad as my other clan members.

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Wow... even on PC this is happening to you? That's no bueno.

Yeah, the bad thing is, people are using their spikes on arkfalls and getting a d/c and not being able to participate -- 40K script down the crapper -- on pc.

Thomas1975
12-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Yeah, the bad thing is, people are using their spikes on arkfalls and getting a d/c and not being able to participate -- 40K script down the crapper -- on pc.

I am only going to say this makes me happy to know it is not just the PS3 having the problems. It sucks that we have to deal with this.

Zugo
12-12-2013, 07:40 AM
I only had one timeout last night, not sure what is different on my end.

BJWyler
12-12-2013, 07:42 AM
I had only one or two timeouts (and one Que time) yesterday on PC NA. No problems before then. To me, it seems only natural since there are a ton more players in the game right now because of the new content. I have had similar experiences with every other MMO I have played - either DCs or lag for the same reasons. Should Trion beef up the infrastructure during these times? Sure, but it will all even out after a week or so anyway.

crasher
12-12-2013, 08:37 AM
I had only one or two timeouts (and one Que time) yesterday on PC NA. No problems before then. To me, it seems only natural since there are a ton more players in the game right now because of the new content. I have had similar experiences with every other MMO I have played - either DCs or lag for the same reasons. Should Trion beef up the infrastructure during these times? Sure, but it will all even out after a week or so anyway.
I have several accounts, so I stand two 'toons next to each other to trade, out in the middle of no-where. No action around me, I'm trading from one 'toon to the other. One toon will get booted while the other is fine.

It happens more than once, it alternates unevenly between the two, and it doesn't matter which one is actually doing an inventory selection at the time.

It will also happen when I go off to fight with one of the 'toons, leaving the other as a place to port back to.
** The 'toon I'm fighting will frequently be the one to disco' alone. The place holder will just as often be the one to stay logged in. And it's also often happened that the fighting 'toon will lag out after having recently logged back into the area with few players and NPCs to snipe some raiders or 99rs and lag out without doing much so the 'buffer' hasn't had more than a few minutes to fill on a 16 Gig PC.

It's random, and not specifically related to the battlecomputer in use at the time.

Nashtalia
12-12-2013, 08:47 AM
since the last patch i wasn't experiencing the random time-outs i was experiencing when they did the patching for the recent DLC

badasg
12-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Today started with 3hrs of down time . Got on talked to the clan mates with hopes of hearing good news, nope ..still disconnects going in to maj arks, and lost ark battery because the ark will not start.But before they could finish I was disconnected at a dark matter

sly wolf
12-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I downloaded the patches yesterday as i have't played since 1st of october and the game worked very well for me on the ps3 i even had a voice chat for the 1st time ever and i had no dc at all so i really dont see where your coming from.

badasg
12-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Did you really play ... Did you get you get the dlc? If so what can I say you are one of the luckiest people I never heard of.

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
If so what can I say you are one of the luckiest people I never heard of.

There were plenty of people playing the game last night... according to my XBL friend list, anyway.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
There were plenty of people playing the game last night... according to my XBL friend list, anyway.

Yes and NO Creep! Kinda eerily quiet without you!

N3gativeCr33p
12-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Yes and NO Creep! Kinda eerily quiet without you!

Yeah, my bad I guess. But when I was on last night (before server shutdown between 6-7pm CST), there were like four or five of us talking in an XBL party. Been a long time since I had the chance to shoot the shtako with Lillith, Bentu, and a few others.

Deunan
12-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Wow... even on PC this is happening to you? That's no bueno.My experience on the PC is that it was only unstable the day of the patch. I haven't played that much since then but I did about a 2 hour playing session yesterday without incident. It was pretty dead though.

rebtattoo
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
I had only one or two timeouts (and one Que time) yesterday on PC NA. No problems before then. To me, it seems only natural since there are a ton more players in the game right now because of the new content. I have had similar experiences with every other MMO I have played - either DCs or lag for the same reasons. Should Trion beef up the infrastructure during these times? Sure, but it will all even out after a week or so anyway.Last night on PS3 na servers it was a ghost town! My group and I witnessed several Majors not being completed because there was absolutely no one on to do them. We participated in a Hellbug Major in Mt Tam, and were the only 3 at 3 of the minor crystals. Had we of gotten there when it first popped, I'm fairly certain we could've finish it. As it was, we needed only a couple minutes more to advance to the final.

crasher
12-13-2013, 02:27 PM
My experience on the PC is that it was only unstable the day of the patch. I haven't played that much since then but I did about a 2 hour playing session yesterday without incident. It was pretty dead though.
They seem to have fixed most of it on PC with 2 hotpatches, so we're reasonably playable again.

I have done scads of sieges lately, seemingly with more Volge than defenders on the ground at any one time, though.

Doctor Whovian
12-13-2013, 07:52 PM