PDA

View Full Version : Trion you have 3 options

marshy
12-12-2013, 05:59 AM
A. Shut the game down
B. Sell it to a company who can manage the game, at this point EA would do a better job and wouldn't rip us off as much as you.
C. Fix the game and add meaningful content instead of the fluff you've been doing.

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 06:13 AM
Fourth option... make DLC3 have more substance than DLC1 or DLC2 has, with little to no fluff whatsoever.

Amack
12-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Trion, if we can't make a deal, I will club this baby seal!

You've been given your options, now choose! Or else.

marshy
12-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Trion, if we can't make a deal, I will club this baby seal!

You've been given your options, now choose! Or else.

Look another $5.00 AH

Telemachus
12-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Watch it.... they may offer a store option to buy a unique seal masher club in the store, if you give the idea.

It's unique because it's not a drop ingame. Next month same masher but in different colors, twice the cost.

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 07:42 AM
While I may agree that Trion has made blunder after blunder lately, I can't see how this thread is productive -- giving a company what seems to be ultimatums is counter-productive and destructive. Instead, show them what is wrong and give suggestions to fix it.

Thomas1975
12-12-2013, 07:48 AM
While I may agree that Trion has made blunder after blunder lately, I can't see how this thread is productive -- giving a company what seems to be ultimatums is counter-productive and destructive. Instead, show them what is wrong and give suggestions to fix it.
I agree mike, However I can't say i have seen Trion respond to solutions offered by the community.

BJWyler
12-12-2013, 07:51 AM

You would think that would be so easy wouldn't it? However, it seems that the concept of constructive criticism and actually making one's own detailed suggestions on what they want improved is beyond the abilities of many gamers. 'Tis truly a shame, because there might be some actually good ideas out there. Instead we get the usual infantile rant that offers no meaningful help or contribution to the game, and instead thusly ends up getting reported and locked.

I agree mike, However I can't say i have seen Trion respond to solutions offered by the community.

Doesn't matter what our perceptions are. It is always better to take the high road and actually try to be helpful at all times. If the perception is that one is continually being ignored then the proper adult response is to take one's business elsewhere and not look back.

My perception is that Trion does indeed listen and they are doing what they can to improve the game in the time frame that is often dictated by the technology and not by random wishes of gamers.

sly wolf
12-12-2013, 10:13 AM
I dont see why so many players post threads saying "trion this game sucks" or "trion fix this" or "this games dead" and so on and so on.You have 2 options 1 play the game or 2 dont play it people posting the same old thing with no positive remarks or ways to go forward does no good what so ever.To be honest i have't played since october 1st and i downloaded the patches and played yesterday and from my point of view it looks like it's getting better but just needs to get there abit faster.

ArkHunter Z
12-12-2013, 10:21 AM
I dont see why so many players post threads saying "trion this game sucks" or "trion fix this or that" "this games dead" and so on and so on.You have 2 options 1 play the game or 2 dont play it people posting the same old thing with no positive remarks or ways to go forward does no good what so ever.To be honest i have't played since october 1st and i downloaded and played yesterday and from my point of view it looks like it's getting better but just needs to get there abit faster

....those of us that enjoy the game will play as long as Trion will have us. Hopefully the suppport will continue, servers stay on for a while, and DLC and improvements will happen over time. Then those of us who have been playing from the beginning can see the end results of hard work, and you never know, just maybe some of the feedback from alpha players and board members alike will directly change the game for the better.

Let's just let the players play, and the hater's hate.

Rant over. That is all. :)

Delgotta
12-12-2013, 10:24 AM
you have 3 options:
1, leave the game
2, give the game to a friend
3, offer something constructive instead of having a juvenile tempertantrum

GridSufer
12-12-2013, 10:25 AM
That wasn't a rant Arkhunter, that was a well spoken opinion....

I payed for the game and I'm in it for the long haul because it is (albeit a little rough around the edges) a good game.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I've said it many times, I'll play until they either shut it down or I get tired/bored (which I don't see happening).....if I choose to leave I will just fade away. I know many of the DAWN PATROL feel the same way (we have fun running and gunning together).

I don't understand why people that don't like the game or have left (or they say they are done) come back and post on here....if you are done and leaving....why come here and continue to post? is there really nothing better to do?

I also don't understand what the OP (didn't see it was marshy....marshy, you know better than this....LOL) thinks they are accomplishing with this thread....it's Trion's game and they will do what they want with it....we have just paid for the right to play what they release...until they decide to shut it down (which probably won't be any time soon since there are still 3 DLCs to release,,,,and before you say "do you really think they will release them"....yes, they have until the end of 2014)

Storm58
12-12-2013, 10:47 AM
You would think that would be so easy wouldn't it? However, it seems that the concept of constructive criticism and actually making one's own detailed suggestions on what they want improved is beyond the abilities of many gamers. 'Tis truly a shame, because there might be some actually good ideas out there. Instead we get the usual infantile rant that offers no meaningful help or contribution to the game, and instead thusly ends up getting reported and locked.

I've seen many, many helpful and great threads through this forum about things that need to and should be changed. All offering some helpful insight and opinions and this, that, and the other... all of it constructive. Yes, sometimes things get derailed, but there have been a TON of great threads that stayed great.

However, it doesn't seem that Trion really cares, so much. They have their set plan and if something we want happens to fall into it, BAM! They get credit for "listening" to the players and fans. Most times this is not the case though.

Hell, just look at the grenade issue. People were offering opinions (great opinions) with options and workarounds and insight into how bad of an idea this would be months before the DLC came out... yet did Trion listen? Nope. And when I say "listen," I mean make a change. There may be reasons why they couldn't, but that doesn't change the fact that there were and have been warning signs regarding game decisions that the fan base has riled against with no "positive" action to correct it/them.

People do have great conversations that *seem* to fall on deaf ears. You've been here for quite a while. A lot of those great "speakers" are now gone and/or quiet.

Doesn't matter what our perceptions are. It is always better to take the high road and actually try to be helpful at all times. If the perception is that one is continually being ignored then the proper adult response is to take one's business elsewhere and not look back.

Heh, I will point to revolutions, strikes, boycotts, etc. Not always is it the best course, but it has worked before. ;)

Take ones business elsewhere... well, that can be very challenging. Tobacco products are addictive as is drinking. Neither is good for you, yet lots of us yearn for it. If you never take a smoke or drink, you would never be addicted. The same is for Defiance. We all took that first play and now tons of us are addicted. A lot of us know we should leave and not come back, but it's an addictive game. We WANT to see it succeed, whether we argue for or against it. We are addicted which is why we would rather rage in here than to take our business elsewhere.

My perception is that Trion does indeed listen and they are doing what they can to improve the game in the time frame that is often dictated by the technology and not by random wishes of gamers.

I believe they are trying to improve the overall quality of the game... however, like I said previously, they have a plan that typically won't see our wants included in it.

And yes, I believe that most of us are like the little girl from Willy Wonka, Veruca Salt, as she claims, "I want it now!" :)

GridSufer
12-12-2013, 11:30 AM
@Storm:
You bring up strong points and you put them forward well.
That's what the OP should have done.

PitBull76
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM
I dont see why so many players post threads saying "trion this game sucks" or "trion fix this" or "this games dead" and so on and so on.You have 2 options 1 play the game or 2 dont play it people posting the same old thing with no positive remarks or ways to go forward does no good what so ever.To be honest i have't played since october 1st and i downloaded the patches and played yesterday and from my point of view it looks like it's getting better but just needs to get there abit faster.

I think most of the complaints are from people like me who purchased the season pass and are feeling ripped off due to lack of "paid for" content. After DLC 1 I stopped playing the game because I felt cheated either by lack of content or overabundance of problems. DLC 2 sounded promising so I had renewed interest in the game only to again be disappointed by lack of content and overabundance of problems.

My biggest issue, however, is the total lack of communication from Trion. So far it is the only consistant thing associated with this game.

bigguy
12-12-2013, 11:51 AM
i have seen alot of the veruca salt types and that does not work i beleive they are ignored , i do beleive they pay atention to the threads but they very rarely respond to any ideas to let us know that they care and many people want to see they are paying attention to what we want , and i beleive the biggest problem is they have a suggestion section of the forum that basically noone goes to and there is never any indication in that area that they care it just seams like you are talking and there are crickets in the background

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't understand why people that don't like the game or have left (or they say they are done) come back and post on here....if you are done and leaving....why come here and continue to post? is there really nothing better to do?

It's because they're all completely full of shtako. Plain and simple.

Jester
12-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us by sending a PM to Community Team member.

Thank you!