PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes Please

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm not one to complain about downtime unless you're late :P -- But I want to see how the downtimes are being productive by seeing the patch notes and being able to vet and evaluate what is being changed. Please post the patch notes.

HamsterExAstris
12-12-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm not one to complain about downtime unless you're late :P -- But I want to see how the downtimes are being productive by seeing the patch notes and being able to vet and evaluate what is being changed. Please post the patch notes.
You assume the downtime is for an actual patch. It could be for server maintenance without changing the game itself in any way.

GridSufer
12-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Every game has periodic down time, sometimes it just to avoid damage to servers or as said above for maintenance :)

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 04:31 PM
So tell me, you believe this downtime now is also regularly scheduled maintenance as some sort of scheme to troll all the players or do you believe they're patching?

hey u
12-12-2013, 04:38 PM
My guess would be Trion is working on new or old code and trying one set of code vs. other set of code to see how it works live. In the past Trion has said stuff with more detail only to have the date off so they silent and working on things ATM is my guess.

Kaiselius
12-12-2013, 04:52 PM

Patch 1.202 (hotfix) - Patch Notes

Release Date: 12/12/2013 @ 4 PM PST / 12/13/2013 2 AM GMT

Owners of DLC 1 can once more create Castithan characters.
Locked arkbreak instances earlier to prevent unsatisfying scenarios.
Improved minor interior arkfall loot. They now contain Arkbreaker exclusive weapon drops, but will never drop legendary weapons.

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Patch 1.202 (hotfix) - Patch Notes

Release Date: 12/12/2013 @ 4 PM PST / 12/13/2013 2 AM GMT

Owners of DLC 1 can once more create Castithan characters.
Improved minor interior arkfall loot. They now contain Arkbreaker exclusive weapon drops, but will never drop legendary weapons.

Yes, they have now come out with patch notes for both windows now which was JUST posted less than TEN mins ago which is how many hours after the last window? 4? 6? I lost track.

Isende
12-12-2013, 04:58 PM
here's my big beef with it. the in-game message states "scheduled" maintenance. as far as i know, scheduled maintenance takes place weekly -- ALL other maintenance is utilized to fix mess-ups. so -- given that? i'd love the following:

1) have your game messages state the reality -- either it's the regularly-scheduled maintenance, or it's a patch, or it's a fix. won't hurt you any to be up-front with us about which it is, and might engender some more good-feelings for your ability to give it to us straight
2) when you do fix things? give us what you're fixing -- even if it's along the lines of "that glitch that everyone knew about but we couldn't fix it before we released the latest patch? yep, we're working on that, folks, so bear with us!"

i really think you'd be amazed at how responsive your community will be if/when you start doing these two things. for myself? i'm getting kinda annoyed with the every-12-hour "scheduled" maintenance.

Nefarious
12-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Whats this mean? Does this make every Ark Break an individual instance?

alienstookmybeer
12-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Whats this mean? Does this make every Ark Break an individual instance?

I'm hoping that means we won't keep getting inserted into arkbreaks that have been in progress for more than a couple of minutes, such as getting the Warmaster with only 4 minutes left on the timer.

blujoker
12-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Less likely to populate into an already running Warmaster fight, more then likely.

Kaedisi
12-12-2013, 05:20 PM
here's my big beef with it. the in-game message states "scheduled" maintenance. as far as i know, scheduled maintenance takes place weekly -- ALL other maintenance is utilized to fix mess-ups. so -- given that? i'd love the following:

1) have your game messages state the reality -- either it's the regularly-scheduled maintenance, or it's a patch, or it's a fix. won't hurt you any to be up-front with us about which it is, and might engender some more good-feelings for your ability to give it to us straight

This is absolutely the truth. Got home tonight, went to log in, servers offline. Checked the server status forum, said scheduled maintenance for 4 PM PST, and went "What the actual f***? They scheduled maintenance for in the middle of prime time?!" Calling it scheduled just makes Trion look like d***s. Call it unscheduled downtime to fix an issue, and people are much more likely to be sympathetic.

You don't gain any ground by calling it scheduled. Sure, that makes it look less like you made a mistake that you have to correct, but it also makes you look like you don't give a single f*** for your customers and their playtime availability.