PDA

View Full Version : minor arkfall boss

jpg30
12-12-2013, 10:06 AM
i have been trying to get this achievement - Ark-Rival 87 (15)
Kill a Volge Huntmaster.

where do these spawn is it outside when you set off the arkfall or is it inside the arkfall building itself?

i haven't seen one boss yet.

EDIT: finally found 2 inside and randoms killed them with detonators, ridiculous achievement, especially seeing as i opened the arkfall.

it needs to be made into a 4 player co-op instance so at least people can then get the achievement with friends.

Zugo
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM
The Huntmaster is randomly added to Minor arkbreakers(ones you call down). I've seen him about 3 times, but not in every arkbreak.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 11:26 AM
^^^ this

Also note that you need the killing shot to get the achievement. I got it this morning in a minor ArkBreak....but it took going through 3 of them to get the kill shot.

PitBull76
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
It's not that hard to get this achievement. I did it by accident before even knowing it was needed.

jpg30
12-12-2013, 12:24 PM
how can it not be that hard when it's the killshot that's needed? it's impossible to get when there are 7 or 8 others also shooting at it too.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
how can it not be that hard when it's the killshot that's needed? it's impossible to get when there are 7 or 8 others also shooting at it too.

It's not that hard......like I said before took 3 ArkBreaks for me to get it this morning. Just use a fast gun with a large mag....like a SAW or and fast LMG and Overcharge and DMG spike.

PitBull76
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
far from impossible. as I said I did it by accident.

jpg30
12-12-2013, 12:52 PM
It's not that hard......like I said before took 3 ArkBreaks for me to get it this morning. Just use a fast gun with a large mag....like a SAW or and fast LMG and Overcharge and DMG spike.

i had another go with what you said, i still can't get it for the same reason that everyone else is shooting at it too, it's pure luck and one of the worst achievements ever created, these minor arkfalls should be 4 player only, especially when it costs to open the arkfalls in the first place.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 12:59 PM
i had another go with what you said, i still can't get it for the same reason that everyone else is shooting at it too, it's pure luck and one of the worst achievements ever created, these minor arkfalls should be 4 player only, especially when it costs to open the arkfalls in the first place.

It is luck....and a bit of planning. Make sure to watch his health and your ammo.....make sure you aren't out of bullets (reloading)when he gets to low health (stop shooting for a second or two if you have to). You will get this.....the one for killing the WarMaster will be harder...especially until everyone learns how to fight him.

Maybe I got really lucky because I was on early this morning (5am PST) and there were only about 6 or 7 of us at the ArkBreak when I got it.

Now when I fight the HuntMaster I will not continue to shoot him once he is low on health.....same thing I do with the Proginator and the Hellion (so others can get it...that's just my choice).

Bentu
12-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Would be interesting to know if you can get the kill shot with a bmg?

Kibblehouse
12-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Would be interesting to know if you can get the kill shot with a bmg?

Why not?? When the WM's hp reach zero every shot landing has a chance at being the kill shot. Some weapons will have better odds than a BMG, but the BMG's still has a chance just like anything else.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Why not?? When the WM's hp reach zero every shot landing has a chance at being the kill shot. Some weapons will have better odds than a BMG, but the BMG's still has a chance just like anything else.

Makes sense.

Bentu
12-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Well the bmg can be in contact with the target for a good 20 seconds without a break giving it a better chance of a kill shot as there's no break between shots.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Well the bmg can be in contact with the target for a good 20 seconds without a break giving it a better chance of a kill shot as there's no break between shots.

Makes sense too :)

jpg30
12-12-2013, 02:02 PM
It is luck....and a bit of planning. Make sure to watch his health and your ammo.....make sure you aren't out of bullets (reloading)when he gets to low health (stop shooting for a second or two if you have to). You will get this.....the one for killing the WarMaster will be harder...especially until everyone learns how to fight him.

Maybe I got really lucky because I was on early this morning (5am PST) and there were only about 6 or 7 of us at the ArkBreak when I got it.

Now when I fight the HuntMaster I will not continue to shoot him once he is low on health.....same thing I do with the Proginator and the Hellion (so others can get it...that's just my choice).

i made sure i was full ammo and used a damage spike and overdrive skill on and unloaded a full mag into him and he was dead before my mag was finished so with all that damage i still didn't get the kill shot needed.

thanks for the help, i'll keep trying, i'll have a go with the BMG.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
i made sure i was full ammo and used a damage spike and overdrive skill on and unloaded a full mag into him and he was dead before my mag was finished so with all that damage i still didn't get the kill shot needed.

thanks for the help, i'll keep trying, i'll have a go with the BMG.

Just keep at it....you will get it. Also note that ALL ArkBreaks are over saturated at the moment because it is the "new shiny". Give it a week or so and it may also get easier to achieve.

Kibblehouse
12-12-2013, 02:17 PM

I think it looks like that in the GUI, but behind the scenes I think the damage ticks get counted seperately just like you see the numbers pop up. In otherwords you see the stream of lightening, but the Database sees 60, 60, 60, 60...... now add in what everyone else is doing and the database sees 60(from you), 345(from that AR next to you), 190 (from the tachmag in the corner), 60 (from you) At least thats what makes sense to me as a programmer.

Kibblehouse
12-12-2013, 02:19 PM
BTW to respont to the OP, I was about to say I was in 5 Minors which did not have a Huntmaster. But now I am beginning to think he was dropped before I ever noticed him.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:27 PM
BTW to respont to the OP, I was about to say I was in 5 Minors which did not have a Huntmaster. But now I am beginning to think he was dropped before I ever noticed him.

He just looks like a Viscera...that conjures drones.

rebtattoo
12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Use the same offense as against the Progenerator. Use a BMG and keep your fingers crossed.

And, of course its based on luck. Otherwise, please tell me about your master skill getting the kill shot on he progenerator when 5x the amount of ppl are going for it.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 02:33 PM
^^^ this

Also note that you need the killing shot to get the achievement. I got it this morning in a minor ArkBreak....but it took going through 3 of them to get the kill shot.

Sorry I stole the killshot from you yesterday Shadow..............Oh wait I am BATMAN! I never have ANYTHING to be sorry about! My mistake, carry on.

Zugo
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Sorry I stole the killshot from you yesterday Shadow..............Oh wait I am BATMAN! I never have ANYTHING to be sorry about! My mistake, carry on.

Just say "I'm Batman" in that low raspy tone.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:35 PM

LOL....(@$$)

It's ok....I got it this morning so no worries.

Kibblehouse
12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Use the same offense as against the Progenerator. Use a BMG and keep your fingers crossed.

And, of course its based on luck. Otherwise, please tell me about your master skill getting the kill shot on he progenerator when 5x the amount of ppl are going for it.

Just pure luck for me. I think I got the progenitor trying out a new Bolt Action sniper that dropped, couldnt have fired more than 2 shots with it. After that I realized the achievment was doable and tried harder on the other one (hellion?) but even then I was fireing away with an AR or LMG

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 02:40 PM

That one was simple. I was the only one sniping. Most people think sniping is dumb, but I used Overcharge a good sniper with bonus crit rolls, a crit mod and crit perks. I waited (scoped in on him) until he was almost dead and pulled the trigger. I got the killshot every time. I know this becuase it was back in may/june when my progenitor killshot kept getting reset and customer support said there was nothing to do, so I had to do it atleast 10 times, then they added a patch that made it quit resetting so I had to do it once more to get it to permanently register.

Lillith Valerian
12-12-2013, 02:43 PM
I don't know if you guys have seen this channel already, but it's friggin' hilarious...Batman as well as fathers in general might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShg52s1ZJk

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't know if you guys have seen this channel already, but it's friggin' hilarious...Batman as well as fathers in general might like it.

That was so funny!!!! Thank you Lillith for that Friday cheer up! (I know it's Thursday....but it's my Friday this week!!!!)

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 03:14 PM
... Oh wait I am BATMAN! I never have ANYTHING to be sorry about!

You let Rachel Dawes die in a fiery explosion, and you allowed The Joker to paralyze Barbara Gordon. You should be very sorry for all of that! ;)

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 03:17 PM
You let Rachel Dawes die in a fiery explosion, and you allowed The Joker to paralyze Barbara Gordon. You should be very sorry for all of that! ;)

THey had it coming! They ALWAYS have it coming! It's the nature of the woma.......er beast!

Shadow Andreas

Not to mention Jason Todd....and many other things. :D

Atticus Batman

That was quite humorous. Thanks.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Not to mention Jason Todd....and many other things. :D

Hey when the Gods.or is it writers? say they MUST die or be injured, there is nothing I can do. Other than take my rage out on Joker, Bane or one of the countless other villians for it!

Btw can you HONESTLY say you know ANYBODY who liked the Jason todd character?!

Deunan
12-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Not to mention Jason Todd....and many other things. :DHe got better. :p

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111126656/3252269-2661083-redhood-550x.jpg

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 03:49 PM
He got better. :p

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111126656/3252269-2661083-redhood-550x.jpg

The only way you get better from Robin....is Nightwing! :)

Didn't he die in "Death in the Family".....that is what I had meant. There are way too many story archs.

N3gativeCr33p
12-13-2013, 07:14 AM
THey had it coming! They ALWAYS have it coming! It's the nature of the woma.......er beast!

Hey... you said it. Not me. ;)

Atticus Batman
12-13-2013, 02:43 PM

Didn't he die in "Death in the Family".....that is what I had meant. There are way too many story archs.

The death was a setup to crush Batman, Jason Todd didn't die. He became Red Mask. Sidekicks never stay dead. Heck Marvel brought back Captain America's sidekick Bucky, like 20 yrs after his death and Bucky said something about it being a hoax because he was tired of living in Cap's shadow! So you see it is Shadow's fault!

kendillin
12-13-2013, 02:48 PM

Too complicated... DC should just kill off an Earth or two.
Oh.

Atticus Batman
12-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Too complicated... DC should just kill off an Earth or two.
Oh.

They trumped you there. Aren't they on like Earth 10?

Deunan
12-13-2013, 07:30 PM
They trumped you there. Aren't they on like Earth 10?
DC52 Universe now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMeurmYxG4