PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a slight tweaking of Favorites and looting items?

Critical Errors
12-12-2013, 10:09 AM
First off, Good Job on the DLC 2 Trion!

I do have a couple issues that stem from the new system though.

- The new "Favorite" system is a nice touch. However, the sorting is problematic, especially for Arkhunters that have purchased large numbers of inventory slots. There's simply no quick way to scroll down to new loot!
One Major flaw as well, there's no safety catch for un-favoriting items!

Currently we press Left on the D-pad to Favorite/unfavorite items. Almost broke down a few nice weapons during a mass breakdown because of this (Luckily I didn't trust it yet, so I scrolled through everything one more time and caught it).
= We need a pop-up window asking for "unfavorite" confirmation.

A few suggestions to make inventory easier to handle:

= The current favorites are forced to the top on all filters. Changing the "Lvl" filter to override this forced sorting would save the endless scrolling to the bottom.

= Implement a page down button! With 300+ slots, it's slow going to the bottom!

= Separate inventory tabs for Weapons, Shields, Consumables, and Mods.

Grenades/Stims:

My claims section is looking horrendous! Grenades of the same type /rarity should not have multiple inventory slots.
For Example:
Current Blue Rarity Frag grenades in my inventory.

- FRAG GRENADE [5/5]
- FRAG GRENADE [5/5]
- FRAG GRENADE [5/5]
- FRAG GRENADE [5/5]
- FRAG GRENADE [5/5]

Suggested change:

- FRAG GRENADE [5x5] = Claiming this item will give you 1 stack of [5] Frag Grenades. and save a lot of scrolling for us!

I'm sure the community can think of some other minor tweaks that would help!

Critical Errors
12-12-2013, 05:07 PM
I'd like to add that Grenades/Stims/Spikes should be looted like ammo (by walking over it). And refills shouldn't have a rarity.

Kaedisi
12-12-2013, 05:25 PM
= The current favorites are forced to the top on all filters. Changing the "Lvl" filter to override this forced sorting would save the endless scrolling to the bottom.

Or simply make another column to sort for favorite status. That'd be the most sane and intuitive way to handle it. If I sort by name, or by level, it should not be forcing a sort by favorite above that sort.

This, especially the rarity. I'm seeing a lot more green and blue items dropping now, and since I can't actually pick them up if that type of 'nade is full already, I just have a ground littered with green and blue loot glows. I just know that eventually I'm going to end up missing a really good item because I thought it was a 'nade refill I'd already checked and was full on.

Just drop them as white loot that auto-collects in proximity like ammunition. The current system is rather loony anyway, since a white 'nade drop will still completely refill your blue 'nade stack, so what's the point anyway?

Crack
12-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I fully agree with the above but would like to add to the suggestions.

FARMING or being in a high-drop rate situation...there are so many grenades being dropped that they cover lootable stash that you cant pick up. I did a major afflicted emergency and couldnt pick up half my loot because of the amount of grenades covering them up.

Suggestion to fix the problem...As stated from the OP, turn the nades into the same item type as the ammo-scrip-salvage. Walk over them and it adds to inventory if you're out or auto-break to salvage.

The other problem is the amount of items in your claims due the nades...We're going to have hundreds of items in there to sift through...

samuelsinn
12-12-2013, 05:43 PM
i beleave this is a console only issue ? >.> on pc we have a roller to scroll with..

maybe press a butten and use a joystick alowing consol players to scroll ? hold like hmm R2 or RB + whatever joystick o.o just an idee

sorry you all have a bad time going though your invitroys.

Critical Errors
12-12-2013, 06:16 PM
i beleave this is a console only issue ? >.> on pc we have a roller to scroll with..

maybe press a butten and use a joystick alowing consol players to scroll ? hold like hmm R2 or RB + whatever joystick o.o just an idee

sorry you all have a bad time going though your invitroys.

Yeah this is a Console issue. I think a fast scroll feature would be nice! But I would still love separate tabs for the inventory,

Go Hawks
12-13-2013, 11:24 AM
I agree with an auto pick up of the consumables (grenades/spikes/stims) you currently have equiped. Especially if you change your load out during a seige for instance. If you use multiple load outs with different consumables you have to stop and access which one you have equipped then determine if you want to pick up the available drop.

wartitan
12-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I agree with an auto pick up of the consumables (grenades/spikes/stims) you currently have equiped. Especially if you change your load out during a seige for instance. If you use multiple load outs with different consumables you have to stop and access which one you have equipped then determine if you want to pick up the available drop.

This is a great point, I've not seen any purple or orange consumables drop (not sure they even exist for spikes/stims). But basically the only way to get purple/orange nades is by lockbox now. And with the ability to buy white/green/blue nades from vendors, no point in not making them auto pickup.

Agree on the scrolling thing too...for those of us filled up with mods, it was a wreck to go through and favorite all those so they don't get mass broken down...and now I've got to scroll all through them to see new loot. Maybe even just create a 'new loot' tab (based on whether you've ever viewed or not). That way we can just go see that and favorite items we want, then break down the rest.

BTW, great job Trion on this second DLC. Even though it had problems deploying, the new content is stellar and the warmaster is as challenging as it should be. I'd like to even see a bit more buff on the in-world content, like volge and bulwarks having a little more punch to them or maybe a little more health to take out...

WhiteF8ng
12-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah this is a Console issue. I think a fast scroll feature would be nice! But I would still love separate tabs for the inventory,

That shoulder button we don't use at all in the inventory menu is begging to be a page down button ;)

Taz13
12-13-2013, 12:06 PM
I was quite suprised yesterday to see a purple bio grenade on the ground after destroying a dark matter arkfall crystal. To bad I was already full on that type. Would have been nice to pick up and sell for the 1000 scrip.

bigguy
12-13-2013, 12:09 PM
we need to be able to sell or break down grenade drops

Critical Errors
12-14-2013, 09:44 AM
I would love for Dahanese or Trick to let us know they're at least working on some optimization here. It's been a frustrating few days having to deal with grenades blocking my loot and wasting so much time scrolling to the bottom of my 300 item inventory!

crasher
12-14-2013, 09:52 AM
I would love for Dahanese or Trick to let us know they're at least working on some optimization here. It's been a frustrating few days having to deal with grenades blocking my loot and wasting so much time scrolling to the bottom of my 300 item inventory!
Dahanese is out til the end of the year, tho said she'd be checking in at nite.
Trick has been missing from the last two Live Streams. They 'claim' he's been in 'meetings' that occur at the time of the Live Stream.... I fear for his safety. You know what has a way of befalling TRION personnel if we don't hear from them for several days....

I want to see 'Proof of Life' on Trick at this point, or I'm gonna start losing hope.

Critical Errors
12-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Dahanese is out til the end of the year, tho said she'd be checking in at nite.
Trick has been missing from the last two Live Streams. They 'claim' he's been in 'meetings' that occur at the time of the Live Stream.... I fear for his safety. You know what has a way of befalling TRION personnel if we don't hear from them for several days....

I want to see 'Proof of Life' on Trick at this point, or I'm gonna start losing hope.

Let's not jump to conclusions yet! Besides, I don't have my "Jump To Conclusions" board game handy....

Maybe he's stuck in Holiday traffic, at a bar, in the Bahamas, drinking the pain of Defiance away.....

N3gativeCr33p
12-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Maybe he's stuck in Holiday traffic, at a bar, in the Bahamas, drinking the pain of Defiance away.....

What he SHOULD be doing is drinking away the thoughts of messing around with the grenade mechanics that make inventory keeping even more cumbersome than they were before.

taco man 67
12-14-2013, 12:28 PM
we need a chat system inside a trade window
also would be nice if it didn't go to top of list every time u add an item to a trade it should stay where the last item was selected

taco man 67
12-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Let's not jump to conclusions yet! Besides, I don't have my "Jump To Conclusions" board game handy....

Maybe he's stuck in Holiday traffic, at a bar, in the Bahamas, drinking the pain of Defiance away.....my monkey is holding him 4 ransom. payment in bananas only plz

Market
12-14-2013, 12:46 PM
I totally agree with the OP on these issues and humbly ask that anyone else that feels the same would be willing to chime in on a thread I started in the suggestions section. The favorites system is a wonderful addition, but it doesn't seem to be very well thought out for those of us who've been playing the game since the start and/or have amassed large quantities of gear. Thanks ahead of time! I really hope they throw us a bone (or a banana!) here!! lol

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142698-Favorites-system-suggestion

Critical Errors
12-15-2013, 01:13 PM
I totally agree with the OP on these issues and humbly ask that anyone else that feels the same would be willing to chime in on a thread I started in the suggestions section. The favorites system is a wonderful addition, but it doesn't seem to be very well thought out for those of us who've been playing the game since the start and/or have amassed large quantities of gear. Thanks ahead of time! I really hope they throw us a bone (or a banana!) here!! lol

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?142698-Favorites-system-suggestion

I'll add my $0.02 to your thread as well. Still wish a Dev or a moderator would let us know they are diligently working on a fix for these new "improvements".

Market
12-15-2013, 10:16 PM
I'll add my $0.02 to your thread as well. Still wish a Dev or a moderator would let us know they are diligently working on a fix for these new "improvements".

Thanks for that! And now a return of the favor ;)

I totally agree, though I'm sure we won't see anything in the form of actual changes anytime soon. Won't stop me from politely bugging the shtako out of them, though! lol

Xander Nekil
12-16-2013, 02:52 AM
I gotta agree here. Scrolling through large inventories gets frustrating as well as not being able to pick up grenades. My thoughts on the nade drops is invent another hold down button, lets say Y to breakdown an item on the ground. Another great idea would be to have a choice to break down stuff in claimed items. I literally spent ten minutes cleaning out my nades by throwing one and refilling it with a stack.

N3gativeCr33p
12-16-2013, 01:06 PM
I also think our list of favorite weapons should be sorted by their rarity.

Example:

Orange favorite
Orange favorite
Purple favorite
Purple favorite
Blue favorite
Blue favorite
Green favorite
Green favorite
Etc etc.