PDA

View Full Version : Major Ark Breaks - Simple Request

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Please make it so that if one person places down 4 spikes only his/her raid/clan can enter.

We have a tight knit group of about 52 players that knows how to kill this guy, but when we tried it just a few seconds ago, I put down all 4 spikes, and within seconds there were some 50+ players there. When we entered my clan was broken into separate phases and couldn't get back together.

Each instance failed because the other players in there didn't know the meaning of "stay together" resulting in the mob spinning about the room so no one could get any decent dps on him and "fire only at the right arm" so everyone else was throwing spit balls at him while my clan set in horrific shock as 40K script went down the toilet.

I am requesting that there be a way to queue these events for clans only, if people want to pug, I'm not opposed to this, but clans should be able to claim their own instance without this moronic inturruption -- I'm tired of the nubishness and people not wanting to either read chat when there is new content, turning off voice, and simply being a text-book sociopath that has pure incompatibilities with other team players. We sat at the beginning as everyone ran off to start triggering the event and explained in chat, and asked, "If you have questions please ask now or just shout in voice". NOT . A . SINGLE . REPLY .

Thanks for your attention, please make it happen.

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Please make it so that if one person places down 4 spikes only his/her raid/clan can enter.

We have a tight knit group of about 52 players that knows how to kill this guy, but when we tried it just a few seconds ago, I put down all 4 spikes, and within seconds there were some 50+ players there. When we entered my clan was broken into separate phases and couldn't get back together.

Each instance failed because the other players in there didn't know the meaning of "stay together" resulting in the mob spinning about the room so no one could get any decent dps on him and "fire only at the right arm" so everyone else was throwing spit balls at him while my clan set in horrific shock as 40K script went down the toilet.

I am requesting that there be a way to queue these events for clans only, if people want to pug, I'm not opposed to this, but clans should be able to claim their own instance without this moronic inturruption -- I'm tired of the nubishness and people not wanting to either read chat when there is new content, turning off voice, and simply being a text-book sociopath that has pure incompatibilities with other team players. We sat at the beginning as everyone ran off to start triggering the event and explained in chat, and asked, "If you have questions please ask now or just shout in voice". NOT . A . SINGLE . REPLY .

Thanks for your attention, please make it happen.

Co-signed.

Well said, kind sir! :)

medvampire
12-12-2013, 01:16 PM
third this. had a group split last night.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 01:19 PM
IMO....they should just find a way to keep any clan members together when entering....I don't care if there are randoms too.....but if the system knows your in a clan with others entering (and it does because we appear blue to each other) it should not split you up unless you have more people than the instance can support.

Bentu
12-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Clearly the testing should be done on xbox where there are more capable players able to discover these issues (jk). :)

Kibblehouse
12-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Hmmm, sounds like what you really want is to form Raid groups, to attack an instanced Raid Boss.... I think I played a game like that once....

Defiance never had bosses that needed a coherent strategy to take down, now they do, perhaps this will make some things change.

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Hmmm, sounds like what you really want is to form Raid groups, to attack an instanced Raid Boss.... I think I played a game like that once....

Defiance never had bosses that needed a coherent strategy to take down, now they do, perhaps this will make some things change.

They've already hinted to raids in the future of Defiance. Even still, this should have no impact on pugs in the least.

Red Mephisto
12-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Also requesting this now, as you ****ed it up beyong belief Trion.

Getting sick of giving you money, and having feces dumped upon my face.

WHY did I pay for this DLC, if I cant even play it properly due to newbs ruining it for me and my clan?

crasher
12-12-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't have the DLC-2 fiasco, but even I think you guys need a lot more love from Trion.
Trion needs to step up, and cut this shtako out.
There's no reason for this crap, at least like this, and it needs to be a whole lot better than this.

Mike Chone and the rest of you guys are dead on.

Bentu
12-12-2013, 01:54 PM

Even though this guy was an awesome fight and the drops were plentiful I wouldn't want the raid bosses from the sequel in Defiance.

http://i.imgur.com/eeTILPW.jpg?5

Storm58
12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
How does one go about fixing this issue though? There are many problems associated with this...

What happens if a single person drops one but only about 4 people from their clan is there? Then only 4 people can enter that instance.

Well, we all know that events of any sort record who has participated in them, regardless of if they have logged off or not. So, that being the case, no matter who throws down a battery, clans should be given a priority, as follows:

Once the "outside battle" has finished, the game looks at clans of those people that participated. If clan 'A' has 13 people that contributed, it gets 13 "spots" reserved for an instance inside. The other 7 (or whatever it comes to) for that instance are then given first come first served for randoms.

This would mean that if a clan has 13 people contribute and they go inside, that when a 14th clan member logs on, he probably won't be able to join... which, in a way, is okay because he hasn't contributed to the outside battle anywho. He can catch the next one or just join the instance with randoms.

If there are two or more clans, the system should try and combine clans, if math allows: Clan 'A' has 8 people, Clan 'B' has 14 people, Clan 'C' has 6 people. This should spawn *at least* two instances (with a third for randoms that were fighting there). Instance 1 would contain 'A' and 'C' with room for 6 randoms while 'B' gets Instance 2 with room for 6 randoms (and Instance 3... is spawned based on randoms that contributed).

This way, clans can actually work together (in a way) and everyone is happy. Granted, there are probably times when a small number of randoms would need to be thrown into an ark that was already going so that they weren't stuck at 4 people (of course this might not be a bad idea as people always flock to the site and could then join...).

That's the gist of it. Ideas? Oh, and a side note, I think that players should get a x10 boost to XP and Scrip for *each* spike they place (or something like that) while fighting inside and out of that ark.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:00 PM
How does one go about fixing this issue though? There are many problems associated with this...

What happens if a single person drops one but only about 4 people from their clan is there? Then only 4 people can enter that instance.

Well, we all know that events of any sort record who has participated in them, regardless of if they have logged off or not. So, that being the case, no matter who throws down a battery, clans should be given a priority, as follows:

Once the "outside battle" has finished, the game looks at clans of those people that participated. If clan 'A' has 13 people that contributed, it gets 13 "spots" reserved for an instance inside. The other 7 (or whatever it comes to) for that instance are then given first come first served for randoms.

This would mean that if a clan has 13 people contribute and they go inside, that when a 14th clan member logs on, he probably won't be able to join... which, in a way, is okay because he hasn't contributed to the outside battle anywho. He can catch the next one or just join the instance with randoms.

If there are two or more clans, the system should try and combine clans, if math allows: Clan 'A' has 8 people, Clan 'B' has 14 people, Clan 'C' has 6 people. This should spawn *at least* two instances (with a third for randoms that were fighting there). Instance 1 would contain 'A' and 'C' with room for 6 randoms while 'B' gets Instance 2 with room for 6 randoms (and Instance 3... is spawned based on randoms that contributed).

This way, clans can actually work together (in a way) and everyone is happy. Granted, there are probably times when a small number of randoms would need to be thrown into an ark that was already going so that they weren't stuck at 4 people (of course this might not be a bad idea as people always flock to the site and could then join...).

That's the gist of it. Ideas? Oh, and a side note, I think that players should get a x10 boost to XP and Scrip for *each* spike they place (or something like that) while fighting inside and out of that ark.

Good post Storm....an addition would be to go by group first (I'll explain in a minute) then by clan and finally by filling the spots with randoms. This way if 2 clans are trying to work together....the leaders can group up first.....get everyone to the ArkBreak....and then both clans would get in to the same instance (up to the limit).

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 02:06 PM

It only takes a grand total of 18M damage to kill him (the hints dropped from test -- someone correct me if I'm wrong). My clan, just 10 (maybe even 8) of us could do this on our own, so I would appreciate that even if we were dumb enough to have 4 people present when we dropped 4 spikes that we be put into the same instance with the ability to invite others in (non-clan friends). Actually I'm not even going to ask for this yet, I just want the ability to have an instance dedicated to just a singular clan.

The problem with introducing multiple clans into the mix, is some clans have zero organization and I personally don't want my clan penalized for this because we had a few D/C's when the 'break starts -- and if there is 3 or 4 of another clan there, and screw up the instance where a clan just dropped 4 spikes, then that still remains unfair to the clan that dropped the spikes.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Mike, I understand what you are saying in the respect that if you have X people in your clan at a Major that you want to be on your own. But if they were to implement that logic.....what happens when only 2 people of any clan are alone with randoms...they would be put in their own instance and it would be impossible for them to be successful. Does this make any sense or did I completely miss what you were saying?

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Mike, I understand what you are saying in the respect that if you have X people in your clan at a Major that you want to be on your own. But if they were to implement that logic.....what happens when only 2 people of any clan are alone with randoms...they would be put in their own instance and it would be impossible for them to be successful. Does this make any sense or did I completely miss what you were saying?

I think you missed it. Notice my wording Shadow: I stated if I lay down all 4 spikes. If 2 people from a clan lay down 4 spikes then it should be understood they're creating a private just for their clan. Else, they should lay down 1 and let others lay down the rest to pug. Else if you lay down all 4 and not even 2-4 people there then either you're very rich (in game) or very generous. At any rate, those 2-4 should have their own instance, while later on having the ability to selectively 'invite' others inside.

Newbe
12-12-2013, 02:21 PM
I totally agree. But at the risk of sounding like a noob, what is a PUG? I know a small dog that is cute and kinda hyper....But in reference to the game?

TIA
Booker O'Dell/Damien Ried

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I totally agree. But at the risk of sounding like a noob, what is a PUG? I know a small dog that is cute and kinda hyper....But in reference to the game?

TIA
Booker O'Dell/Damien Ried

Pick-Up-Group or impromptu raid/arkbreak

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:25 PM
I think you missed it. Notice my wording Shadow: I stated if I lay down all 4 spikes. If 2 people from a clan lay down 4 spikes then it should be understood they're creating a private just for their clan. Else, they should lay down 1 and let others lay down the rest to pug. Else if you lay down all 4 and not even 2-4 people there then either you're very rich (in game) or very generous. At any rate, those 2-4 should have their own instance, while later on having the ability to selectively 'invite' others inside.

Oh...ok....so what you are saying is that if anyone places all 4....and they have X amount of clan members present....that the clan would get their own instance and other instances would be opened for everyone else....right? Then while still outside if someone showed up that you wanted.....you could invite them to your instance.

Mike Chone
12-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Oh...ok....so what you are saying is that if anyone places all 4....and they have X amount of clan members present....that the clan would get their own instance and other instances would be opened for everyone else....right? Then while still outside if someone showed up that you wanted.....you could invite them to your instance.

Precisely.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't disagree with any of this at all....but I also think that this is the "new shiny" and the new will wear off (I know that doesn't fix anything for right now and I do agree that these are all good mechanics being discussed and something should be implemented).

I did a DM ArkFall last night with one of my clan mates (Zugo)....there were only 4 of us for the fist 2 minors and by the time we got to the final....there were maybe 7-10 of us...total! Everyone is currently just doing ArkBreaks. (just thought I would share this)

Newbe
12-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks Mike

Alexri
12-12-2013, 02:43 PM
There are currently several bugs in the game that can be abused and actually benefit players if they were publicly known.

Trion: I will give you a list of these as a reward if you actually start fixing idiotic **** like what's in this thread

Storm58
12-12-2013, 03:11 PM
It only takes a grand total of 18M damage to kill him (the hints dropped from test -- someone correct me if I'm wrong). My clan, just 10 (maybe even 8) of us could do this on our own, so I would appreciate that even if we were dumb enough to have 4 people present when we dropped 4 spikes that we be put into the same instance with the ability to invite others in (non-clan friends). Actually I'm not even going to ask for this yet, I just want the ability to have an instance dedicated to just a singular clan.

The problem with introducing multiple clans into the mix, is some clans have zero organization and I personally don't want my clan penalized for this because we had a few D/C's when the 'break starts -- and if there is 3 or 4 of another clan there, and screw up the instance where a clan just dropped 4 spikes, then that still remains unfair to the clan that dropped the spikes.

I was just suggesting the easiest and most fair solution. Of course we all want the game to do what we all want it to do... What I suggested should be fairly simple to implement given Defiance's known capabilities and development time.

Mess7739
12-12-2013, 03:37 PM
It should be possible to get a private Arkfall, I understand why it would be a project for Trion to accomplish given their track record but it should be doable. You form up a group of 4 players and setup all 4 spikes, then the group leader is asked if he whats to set the Arkfall for public or private use, public Arkfalls are red icons on the map and private ones are purple that way other players don't swarm the area. The One for All perk should apply to everyone in the area of the player not just group members.

Red Mephisto
12-13-2013, 09:08 AM

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 10:26 AM
@Mess:
No to that idea except One for all...
One for all would be very handy as an AOE to all players....

Mike Chone
12-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Last night, we tried it again. This time the result was worse than before. We had 5 groups of 4 (20 players) all clan mates and we initiated a major arkfall.

This time, we had some 100+ players besides our own clan show up and when it was time to enter, I could see some people from my clan in my instance, but at most 4-6 players. We could see other clan mates' arrows (from being in the friends list), but what's worse is even group members were strewn about different phases as well.

Later that night we decided we would give it a shot when there was hardly no one online. We started a major again (it had been there a while) in the Collective Plaza, and with just 4 groups this time we killed everything. We zoned in to find that just after we had all loaded in, before any of us to get our bearings to see who was where, it ended. Obviously we were all placed in an instance where the warmaster was already spawned and the timer ended just as we entered.

These sort of major mistakes on fundamental issues should be addressed immediately.

Yun
12-15-2013, 09:58 AM
This seems to be the issue with most groups I end up getting inside of. Everyone is running in all directions not focusing on that one specific spot. The best I've seen a group like that do is get the WarMaster down to 25% life left and then port out.

I'll admit I don't have many good weapons so I use the Volge Typhoon with Cannoner or whatever that increases fire rate with a Crit barrel and Mag size. My firearm is a Volge Thundere which I've gotten the hang of the shots.

Although I have noticed some bugs too as I've placed Arkspikes at major arkfalls go to enter and get kicked to the main screen only to get immediately back on and said Major Arkfall has vanished completely.