PDA

View Full Version : How do I turn of 'XXXYYZZZ has reached EGO rating 20' type msgs?

crasher
12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Getting old, lots of people I have no connection with are jamming up my chat window.

And when I asked for the info: "XXXYYZZZ has rezzed you." at arkfalls, Trick responded that they didn't want to jam up the chat window with too much info.

I get 15 to 60 of these fraking updates an hour now about people I have zero care about in the game, but something that concerns me and would give me the ability to thank a person who did me a solid, and it's blown off as superfluous info.

I'm probably not going to build community with random people in the game because they managed to level a shotgun to '2', but I'd sure as jekk like to thank the guy who rezzed me at the foot of a Viscera while we were both getting hosed by a bomber.

wtf?
It's the little things that p!ss me off.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Hey crasher, just curious....could they be clan mates????

I have my (txt) chat turned off because of all the annoying things that pop up there...so I haven't seen that.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
No not clanmates. You are now notified anytime somebody in the area levels up, a skill or their ego rank, etc etc. I was told it's good to know because the game now drops loot next to a person who levels, for everyone else in the are to pick up. Not sure if that is actually true though.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 02:48 PM
No not clanmates. You are now notified anytime somebody in the area levels up, a skill or their ego rank, etc etc. I was told it's good to know because the game now drops loot next to a person who levels, for everyone else in the are to pick up. Not sure if that is actually true though.

UGH....glad I have it off then!

I have noticed at Sieges that occasionally I have seen loot drops in areas that I did not go to...like at C, when I know I only hung around A and B. I didn't think anything of it and just picked up my blue and green drops

Arsenic_Touch
12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
It looks like it's an all or nothing thing. Try disabling friend notifications.

crasher
12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Correct, not clanmates.
The only people in my clan are my own 'toons from my accounts.

I have seen piles of loot Laying about on the ground in front of the vendor at Bloodbath on several times. Was wondering about that, so thanks for that clue.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Correct, not clanmates.
The only people in my clan are my own 'toons from my accounts.

I have seen piles of loot Laying about on the ground in front of the vendor at Bloodbath on several times. Was wondering about that, so thanks for that clue.

Just relaying what I was told, in hopes it would be useful. If it's true, then it is nice but wish they would have just told us that in the patch notes as well then.

Zugo
12-12-2013, 03:01 PM

Thanks for not calling me out. I think I heard it in one of the last two live streams but can't be sure. Wish I had something concrete to reference.

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 03:03 PM
wtf?
It's the little things that p!ss me off.

You and me both, sir... you and me both.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks for not calling me out. I think I heard it in one of the last two live streams but can't be sure. Wish I had something concrete to reference.

Has Batman EVER revealed his sources before?.........Didn't think so! So, why would I start now?!

alienstookmybeer
12-12-2013, 03:11 PM
In Test, some of the loading screens described this "Woot Loot" phenomenon. Since you only get it when someone else in the area levels up their ego or skills, it makes sense that this is the reason why our chat is now getting spammed by these announcements (and probably to most player's annoyance).

Not sure if the loading screens in live include the Woot Loot description.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 03:14 PM
In Test, some of the loading screens described this "Woot Loot" phenomenon. Since you only get it when someone else in the area levels up their ego or skills, it makes sense that this is the reason why our chat is now getting spammed by these announcements (and probably to most player's annoyance).

Not sure if the loading screens in live include the Woot Loot description.

Thank you for the information Alien. The load screens might, but to be honest, I quit paying attention to those back in May when the info got boring and was already ingrained into my brain. Guess I better start reading them again.

Zugo
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I'd really like to know how far away a person has to be in order to activate the "woot loot". Is it a whole zone, or just the immediate vicinity?

Storm58
12-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Has Batman EVER revealed his sources before?.........Didn't think so! So, why would I start now?!

Hey! You can't use both third and first person in the same paragraph! It confuses us simple folk!

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 03:22 PM
I'd really like to know how far away a person has to be in order to activate the "woot loot". Is it a whole zone, or just the immediate vicinity?

THat's a good question, because I sure am not looking through the whole region I am in, just for this woot loot phenomenon!

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Hey! You can't use both third and first person in the same paragraph! It confuses us simple folk!

That's what one gets for being a simple folk! Maybe he will learn to follow better now! Or atleast realize, I like to occasionally confuse and amuse the readers!