PDA

View Full Version : I've bought my last ark spike

BarrySciFi
12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Ok, put down three ark spikes because I got tired of standing around staring at a bunch of mooches. Then I got timed out as I tried to enter the arkfall. And by the time I could log back in, it was long gone. So I hope the mooches enjoyed their freebie and I will no longer waste time or resources until Trion at least makes an effort to fix this abomination

Chevota
12-12-2013, 02:47 PM
This is why you do what I have done...

Get into a clan, and have people that are non-DLC'ers (myself) feed the 10k scrip to a DLC holder in the clan for Spikes... This way, if something like this happens, its not only on 1 single person at a loss.

Its not perfect, but its better then 1 person losing all their Scrip, and keeps DLC'rs from complaining about "Mooches".

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 02:48 PM

Get into a clan, and have people that are non-DLC'ers (myself) feed the 10k scrip to a DLC holder in the clan for Spikes... This way, if something like this happens, its not only on 1 single person at a loss.

Its not perfect, but its better then 1 person losing all their Scrip, and keeps DLC'rs from complaining about "Mooches".

You're my heeeeeeeeeero. ;)

crasher
12-12-2013, 02:56 PM

Its not perfect, but its better then 1 person losing all their Scrip, and keeps DLC'rs from complaining about "Mooches".I'm with Mr Cr33p on this one.

Chevota
12-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Talk to Shadow andreas... I gave him 200k Scrip for this exact reason.

Im too cheap to give Defiance anymore then the $60 i did in April, and I dont feel the DLC's are worth the $10... But on the flipside im not going to "Mooch" either and reap the benefits of the clan.

N3gativeCr33p
12-12-2013, 02:59 PM

Im too cheap to give Defiance anymore then the $60 i did in April, and I dont feel the DLC's are worth the $10... But on the flipside im not going to "Mooch" either and reap the benefits.

You will be my boyfriend? LOL ;)

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I haven't bothered with summoning my own ark breaks yet, but couldn't you just place one ark battery (or spike or whatever), then stand around with the mooches, and wait for others to place a spike or whatever as well?

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Im too cheap to give Defiance anymore then the $60 i did in April, and I dont feel the DLC's are worth the $10... But on the flipside im not going to "Mooch" either and reap the benefits.

He is telling the truth.....he did give our clan 200K in scrip for this.

Atticus Batman
12-12-2013, 03:02 PM

I liked my suggestion the other day better! Give Bat all your new ark break weapons. I'll even summon the arkbreaks for you and not consider it a waste. :)

nathanpbutler
12-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Okay, here's what might be a stupid question, but I've only fiddled around a bit with the batteries and such.

The one time I've tried using one, I just went to a location marked with the small Arkfall symbol, used it to call down . . . and that was it. We fought our way through the outside and inside (no Warmaster), and that was all.

So . . . I'm not understanding the "four spikes" thing. Can someone explain?

DragonsWife
12-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Four spikes calls a major arkfall, which has the warmaster. The little ones don't have him.

Shadow Andreas
12-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Four spikes calls a major arkfall, which has the warmaster. The little ones don't have him.

The little ones have a chance (a chance....not every one) for the HuntMasters.

Who is basically a Viscera that can call drones.

samuelsinn
12-12-2013, 05:26 PM
im all for the mooches paying. but. at the same time as a DLC holder . once your out of spikes if you want to keep poping into the matches. o.o you turn into a mootch. i think maybe all DLC holders should wear the helmet we got as a way to mark us as DLC holders so people know whos who and if posabull can pay us fpr the use of OUR battarys.

but like all good ideas. this one wont go to far unless your in a clan and have planty of people willing to do it.

and to the guy that offererd on day one to buy my battary agine thank you for the offer. that day i didnt need it but now i look back and think maybe i should of taken the offer o.o

by the by has anyone found out what the max ammount of battarys we can hold is ?

DanteYoda
12-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Spikes are too expensive as it is, all it does is upset the community.

Kaiselius
12-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Great, so not only can you disconnect if you contribute batteries, but the arkfall site can even fail to register their us. We've got a major site stuck at 3/4 even though all four points have arkspikes stuck into them over on PS3 NA...
Yea, untill Trion drops these to 400/100 scrip or fixes all the glitches involved, I'm not buying these any more.

Skerrick
12-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Why can I not hold more than 4 batteries? I had 1 and bought 4 for a total of 4..this sux the big one.

I have had so many DCs and PC crashes (BSOD) that when I place a battery I am unsure if i am even going to make it to the end. I have lost many batteries this way.

samuelsinn
12-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Great, so not only can you disconnect if you contribute batteries, but the arkfall site can even fail to register their us. We've got a major site stuck at 3/4 even though all four points have arkspikes stuck into them over on PS3 NA...
Yea, untill Trion drops these to 400/100 scrip or fixes all the glitches involved, I'm not buying these any more.

this same thing happend on alpha test servers on PC o.o

nathanpbutler
12-12-2013, 08:50 PM

So, if I'm standing at a site where I can start calling something down, do I just stand at the same spot and just hold down the activation button four times? That's it?

Kaiselius
12-12-2013, 09:44 PM
So, if I'm standing at a site where I can start calling something down, do I just stand at the same spot and just hold down the activation button four times? That's it?

No, there are two different call down sites, the singe spikes for minors, and a quad site for Majors.

KeevanSixx
12-13-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm trying to figure out the logistics of the Op's original comments, and for the most part, I can understand their frustrations. I too have dropped a few spikes down for arkbreaks only to be disconnected from the event due to lag or server issues unbeknownst to the likes of us.

However, I'm having a hard time understanding the mentality of "i'm never buying spikes again", when they are basically given everyday to us for free in our daily reward chest, and 3 batteries in every weekly chest.

the only way I would pay for extra batteries would be if i'm farming arkbreaks for xp, or loot that is only given in those events, otherwise, i'm content to use my spikes to call down a minor or major when I have them.

The idea of "Moochers" is rather selfish in itself don't ya think? this game is played as a social game......a social game.......not a single player "what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too" game. Not to offend you, but this isn't warcrack spawn camping.

I have used spikes to call down arkbreaks, and I have joined arkbreaks in progress after I have used my daily allotment of spikes through the generosity of other arkhunters like yourselves. Never have I thought of the other players as "moochers" or "leechers" as they too are given a daily allotment of spikes each day they log into the game.

It's all in one's perceptions of the world at large, I tend to look towards the positives of having a bunch of random strangers join me in cracking open a can o' butwhup on the arkbreak. It's never a dull moment, the sheer randomness of the outcome is always in question, and the enjoyment factor is always steady....what more could I ask of a single feature implemented into the game.

But hey.....that's just, like, my opinion man! take it or leave it as is, and enjoy life however ya see fit. the dude abides....

crash test dummie
12-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Don't blame the moochers, blame TRION. I mean c'mon, 10k/spike???? WTF! Who the hell in the TRION office comes up with these price points? Is it the same guy who came up with the new Grenade system??? Fire him and get someone in there that actually plays the game, not someone who sits around the office thinking of ways to screw over the players.

I said it before, I'll say it again.... 10k/spike... that is a "suckers" money sink!

The new drops you get are not all that different than the old drops we were getting. You can still farm keys from other Arksfalls and barter for Lockboxes.

The Hindmost
12-13-2013, 12:21 AM
I got the chance to play two minor arkfalls before I called down a major. I was immediately booted. Everytime I've tried to enter a major arkfall it has booted me. What the hell, this was supposed the be the replayable fun part of the DLC.

N3gativeCr33p
12-13-2013, 07:01 AM
I never even got a chance to drop a spike last night, seeing as how I got a "servers are shutting down in 30 minutes" message after I just logged in 10 minutes before that.

Not good, Trion... not good.

Atticus Batman
12-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I never even got a chance to drop a spike last night, seeing as how I got a "servers are shutting down in 30 minutes" message after I just logged in 10 minutes before that.

Not good, Trion... not good.

Server shuts down at 2am Pst, 5 am est time, every night, Creep. Did ya forget that? Anyway you can't drop and ark spike until you do the Arkbreak story missions. I still have to do it as well.

Bonehead
12-13-2013, 04:00 PM
I have yet to buy my first ark spike battery.

crasher
12-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Server shuts down at 2am Pst, 5 am est time, every night, Creep. Did ya forget that? Anyway you can't drop and ark spike until you do the Arkbreak story missions. I still have to do it as well.
So they did 2 (two): 4 (four) hour server updates on the day of the DLC Roll-OUT and THEN announced they were starting on the grenade update.

uhm.... huh?

2 updates back-to-back, and THEN the grenade update?
The grenade update nobody wanted?

And now we get a 1.5 (one and one-half) hour update every afternoon *too*, at approx 6PM EST?
In addition to the morning reset.
Apparently a 1.5 hour server update doesn't count as a server reset. Union rules probably mandate a whole 'nother guy pushing that button, and he's on a schedule?

If this gets any better, maybe they can just bring the servers up for an hour or two every day at 2AM PST/5AM EST, you know... between server updates?

I know it'd save me a lot of scrip on Ark Battery's used on failed Major ArkFalls....

(:rolleyes:)

And, Dahanese:
All kidding aside, have a good time while you're off... seriously... no shtako.... I know you said you'd be checking the boards late at night anyway, so, just take it easy.... We'll abuse O/UT while you're gone....

Greg: The beard... looking good, D00D.