PDA

View Full Version : Away with consumables!!!

MattN
12-12-2013, 05:28 PM
I would much preferred cool down like before instead of looting and buying now. I rather have stim, spike and grenade with cool down then limited consumables. I can understand stims might need to be consumables because there's a healing stim. But spikes and nades, change it to cool down please.

The most annoying is grenades, as your equipped grenade type runs out quickly and you have to go to menu and change. It's an annoyance having to meddle with menu too much.

And when do we get the quick key to change loadouts?

Folly
12-12-2013, 05:40 PM
+1.

Cooldowns would be much more enjoyable compared to consumables.

DanteYoda
12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Agreed this has lowered my fun factor of Defiance to very low amounts, i'd even be happy with a roll back of the server to before DLC2 i'd even let them keep my $10 i hate these consumables so much.

Mirabella
12-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I agree CDs were better, now when my grenades are used up I don't bother to open an interface to change them so I keep playing without them and pressing G once in a while because I forgot untill I find some and it's a pity because grenades are fun to use.
Also the consumables that you can't pick up because your inventory is full is annoying because you try to pick them up again and again in a battle room.

jbob spittlewop
12-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I actually kind of like the added challenge. It makes you more careful about when and where you use grenades. HOWEVER! since they are such a limited resource now, I think they could do with a bit of a buff.

DanteYoda
12-12-2013, 08:16 PM
If i could still pickup and sell/breakdown my extras id be fine with the change, as it is now its just terrible.

Heartlight
12-12-2013, 08:23 PM
I agree. It's terrible to be in the middle of a siege and run out. There might be one or two of the type in your loadout laying around but who has time to check the loot when you're trying to kill them and you're on a timer? Then, between rounds, you have a minimal amount of time to check around you and have a 1 in 6 chance it's the right one before you have to focus on killing and not dying again.

Someone on another thread suggested they be auto-pickup, like ammo. This would be better, at least.

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 01:31 AM
The grenade system needs some tweaks, but they should be consumables, it was just too weird when they was not consumables...

With a few tweaks and adjustments they'll do fine, but I think we need to keep the consumables for the pure sake of adding that little extra difficulty that this game lacks

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 01:33 AM
I agree. It's terrible to be in the middle of a siege and run out. There might be one or two of the type in your loadout laying around but who has time to check the loot when you're trying to kill them and you're on a timer? Then, between rounds, you have a minimal amount of time to check around you and have a 1 in 6 chance it's the right one before you have to focus on killing and not dying again.

Someone on another thread suggested they be auto-pickup, like ammo. This would be better, at least.

That was me who said that :)

klash
12-13-2013, 08:34 AM
I can live with the nade changes (if I have to) but we should be able to pick and salvage everything as we see fit. It pains me to leave glowy stuff on the ground.

inox2980
12-13-2013, 08:52 AM
I can live with the nade changes (if I have to) but we should be able to pick and salvage everything as we see fit. It pains me to leave glowy stuff on the ground.

Agreed completely. We are missing out on ALL the salvage from grenade drops when our "inventory" is full. And those "full inventory" messages are super annoying.

Nashtalia
12-13-2013, 09:26 AM
<--Actually prefers the cooldown system

*stun nades are my default nades, and it is amu-sing seeing the hostiles that get caught in the blast :P

Dave3d
12-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Agreed.
Consumables suck.
Considerably.

I think this is a last ditch effort to get as much cash from the few remaining players left in the game.
Well, you just lost me as a player, so there is even less players now.

Everything else in the patch/dlc was great though.

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Agreed.
Consumables suck.
Considerably.

I think this is a last ditch effort to get as much cash from the few remaining players left in the game.
Well, you just lost me as a player, so there is even less players now.

Everything else in the patch/dlc was great though.

Why you think making grenades a consumable is an attempt at making money I don't know.
If you are no longer a player, why waste your time and our time posting here?

As for the grenades, I think it makes perfect sense that they're consumables, the system is not perfect but it won't be too hard for them to tweak to something better.