PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster improvement suggestions.

Sdric
12-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Each major suggestion has a number ("number").
If you like / dislike a suggestion please always remember to add ("number") you're talkign about to your post.
I will update the post with suggestions that receive much positive feedback.

Social(1):

Don't splitt groups
Give clans and option to join together

- Currently it's frustrating for players who want to play and enjoy the game together to do this.
Allowing them to do premium content together would be a great start.

Implementation difficulty: Medium ~Difficult

These gamplay changes, are different approaches to the same problem:
-The Warmaster becomes repetitive
-The Warmaster is a pure time / DPS race

Gameplay (2):

Make him spawn his adds earlier
Make him spawn his adds more often
Increase the timer

-Fighting the Warmaster himself is repetitive, the majority of the time it's only him you have to care about.
Even if he spawns his adds the timer doesn't allow you to care about them.
Making the adds a bigger factor while increasing the timer would make the whole fight much less one-sided.

Implementation difficulty: easy

Gameplay (3)

Remove the timer
Disable the extraction option
When all people die, you loose
Combine with (2), or increase his damage

- This way teamplay will be much more important. The fight becomes less of a DPS race but will require each player to take care

Implementation difficulty: Medium

Edit:

Other (4)

Kick people who are afk for more than 3~4 minutes

-Currently the is an increasing number of players having the mentality "We won't kill him anyways" , leading to them staying at the top floor, afk and doing absolutely nothing - while still reciving rewards.
This is completely against the spirit of team instances and even harms them due to scaling enemies.

Edit 2:
Suggestion by Deunan.
Based on 2+3.

Other (5)

As an addition to the Adds he already summones - add additional enemies who crawl towards the player and explode.
This job can be done by the Nanites Scrapper Scorpions sometimes spawn.

-By adding additional dangerous enemies to (2) the danger of him being always slain at (3) would be reduced.
Those small exploding naninets however are one of the enemy types BMG perform best against!
This would further motivate to pick up a BMG and encourage teamplay.

Implementation difficulty: easy

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 04:07 AM
Number 1 is a must and I think the groups being split is something the Dec team accidentally missed out..

Number 3 is a pretty good idea too;)

Elastik Spastik
12-13-2013, 04:28 AM
Number 1 is definitly a must. If number 3 was implemented it would be even harder as people die often and you'll get even more people crying.

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 04:39 AM
Call me a sadistic a-hole, but I lol when a carebears cries....

None-the-less you make a good point

Midori Oku
12-13-2013, 04:42 AM
I actually really like number three. Although clans/friends should be able to join up together without getting split up.

Bakku
12-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Number 1 is definitly a must. If number 3 was implemented it would be even harder as people die often and you'll get even more people crying.

Not if people felt comfortable bringing in a BMG, like they would if the timer were removed. And yeah, I pretty much agree with these ideas.

Sdric
12-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks for your positive feedback!

I have to agree with Bakku, it would really be nice to see BMGs being used more :)
I added a suggestion to deal with the increasing amount of afk players.

Feel free to add your own ideas, if they're good I'll put 'em into the start post as well :)

Seth Winternight
12-13-2013, 09:59 AM
#3 Definitely the best suggestion you've come up with... But may I suggest a change?

There be 2 modes to the Major Arkbreak (VW):

- Normal Mode, regular Volge Warmaster that may be a bit simplified for those who want to have fun.

- Hardcore Mode, this would be the one that implements suggestion #3 and generally makes it harder, but offers even better rewards, much more suitable for "end-game" and encourages teamwork and skilled gameplay.

I think that the two modes would work really well and wouldn't take a lot of work to do.

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks for your positive feedback!

I have to agree with Bakku, it would really be nice to see BMGs being used more :)
I added a suggestion to deal with the increasing amount of afk players.

Feel free to add your own ideas, if they're good I'll put 'em into the start post as well :)

Don't thank for positive feedback, thank you for a constructive post (it's a relief from the rage quit norm seen on these forums...)

Sdric
12-13-2013, 10:16 AM
#3 Definitely the best suggestion you've come up with... But may I suggest a change?

There be 2 modes to the Major Arkbreak (VW):

- Normal Mode, regular Volge Warmaster that may be a bit simplified for those who want to have fun.

- Hardcore Mode, this would be the one that implements suggestion #3 and generally makes it harder, but offers even better rewards, much more suitable for "end-game" and encourages teamwork and skilled gameplay.

I think that the two modes would work really well and wouldn't take a lot of work to do.

While I'ld love the idea of splitting the game into normal and hard-mode sections, this has been suggested since release on a weekly basis.
So, while I do agree with your suggestion I, won't add it: since thise topic has been discussed many times - and I don't want this discussion to drift into the wrong direction :)

Don't thank for positive feedback, thank you for a constructive post (it's a relief from the rage quit norm seen on these forums...)

Haha, thanks for your kind words!
I'm glad to see any kind of positive feedback!
Even if it's just an "I like it".
It's all attention drawn to this topic - the more voices we hear the higher the chance that Trion listens.

Now, how many newborn Skitterlings do I have to sacrifice in order to summon Dahanese? :D

GridSufer
12-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Best ask Morgana...
But every AF I've been too there has been an abundance of needless Skitterlings sacrifice...
Perhaps you could sari five the chickens?

Sdric
12-13-2013, 06:43 PM
So, I wonder - can I get more opinions on this? :)
Just some feedback!

Deunan
12-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Number 1 is definitly a must. If number 3 was implemented it would be even harder as people die often and you'll get even more people crying.I took it to mean no extraction not no reviving. The problem with no time limit is that his being a bullet sponge with a timer is really the only thing making him hard to kill. If you remove the time limit he'll pretty much die every time because players will revive each other continuously unless you add an element that makes it a real possibility that all the players could be downed. Now if you put in mobs that spawn and run into whole groups of players and explode with enough damage to down the entire group..... muhahahaha.

DanteYoda
12-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Agree OP something needs to be done to make Arkbreaks more fun.

Sdric
12-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Now if you put in mobs that spawn and run into whole groups of players and explode with enough damage to down the entire group..... muhahahaha.

I didn't hink about exploding mobs, but hell - I love that idea!
That'ld require even more attanetion than simply adding Volge and their laser drones.
I'll add it to the start post if you don't mind :p

Elastik Spastik
12-14-2013, 06:21 AM
I took it to mean extraction not no reviving. The problem with no time limit is that his being a bullet sponge with a timer is really the only thing making him hard to kill. If you remove the time limit he'll pretty much die every time because players will revive each other continuously unless you add an element that makes it a real possibility that all the players could be downed. Now if you put in mobs that spawn and run into whole groups of players and explode with enough damage to down the entire group..... muhahahaha.

See what you mean mate. That could be an idea worth trying on the alpha server. Once everyone is down its game over.

Sdric
12-14-2013, 06:38 AM
I remembered that we already have that kind of enemies!

Remember the Scrapper Scropions?
They spawn small nanites!

Those would do the job perfectly!
On a positive side-effect the best weapon to use against those is a BMG!

This way you'ld get your healers without any protest - since that what usually is considered a wasted weapon slot now also works great damage wise!