PDA

View Full Version : Clan Members Earn Contribution Points Even When Daily XP is Maxed

TalynOne
12-13-2013, 08:30 AM
As the titled says the following scenarios shouldn't occur but they do:

1.) I do a challenge such as hotshot event and fail, I check challenges clan progress before and after and I see the challenges category in clan progression didn't earn any points however I did.

2.) I do a arkfall and even though arkfall progression points for the day is xp maxed I still earned contribution points.

Clan members should only earn clan contribution points when they've actually earned xp for clan progression.

ironcladtrash
12-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Clan members should only earn clan contribution points when they've actually earned xp for clan progression.

What are the contribution points for anyway? It could be unfair for anyone who can't log in and play when the day resets. It's very possible for all the clan achievements to be done everyday by the time you log in. Even though you want to contribute you don't get a chance.

TalynOne
12-13-2013, 08:38 AM
I would consider contribution points to be how much a clan member contributed to the clan progression points. And as far as time of day goes, not being able to contribute because it's already done is a problem that's good to have. Grinding challenges isn't fun.

ironcladtrash
12-13-2013, 08:45 AM
I meant does it provide benefits like ego, experience, or boosts or is it just an arbitrary number? If the contribution points don't provide a real extra benefit then I agree with you.

TalynOne
12-13-2013, 09:00 AM
I meant does it provide benefits like ego, experience, or boosts or is it just an arbitrary number? If the contribution points don't provide a real extra benefit then I agree with you.

The clan progression levels/points provide benefits. The member contribution numbers are supposed to be just an indicator of how much a particular clan member contributed to those levels. But currently I can earn contribution points event though I'm not contributing actual points for any particular clan progression category so currently the numbers are wrong/misleading.

Arsenic_Touch
12-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Agreed. We found this out early this morning when we were finishing up the cap. It definitely needs to be changed or their needs to be an individual rank for each player that is based on that guild experience. (like the guild experience in world of warcraft where each level gives certain rewards)