PDA

View Full Version : No way to turn on volge weapons until DLC for PS3?

zombiekitty
12-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Now, come onnnn. You know it's just a code.

I signed in today, thought we had some loot boosts going on for some sort of compensation for this mess up, only to find out it was clan boosts that had been corrected. I laughed my *** off, but still -- back to the point:

There's seriously no way to turn on volge weapons until the ones of us stranded on PS3 are capable of even being able to CHOOSE whether to get the DLC? Can't even make it an option so that they're available until we redeem our codes? And if we don't redeem our codes from the purchase, it gets shut off in such-and-such amount of time? .. Lamesauce, man. Lame.:cool:

bigguy
12-13-2013, 02:15 PM
what do youi mean i used my volge typhoon all night last night

zombiekitty
12-13-2013, 02:18 PM
what do youi mean i used my volge typhoon all night last night

Then you've got the DLC, or a season pass that gave you access.

Sinrise
12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Please forgive my ignorance but PS3 users can't buy the DLC yet?

Kaiselius
12-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Not yet, no.
But don't they have a chance of dropping during Arkbreaker arkfalls? Just join one of those. You don't need the DLC to enter them, just to call them.

vizibledog
12-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Please forgive my ignorance but PS3 users can't buy the DLC yet?

Only those who had the season pass previously have access to DLC2 on PS3. It isn't available to buy standalone in the PS store yet :(

vizibledog
12-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Not yet, no.
But don't they have a chance of dropping during Arkbreaker arkfalls? Just join one of those. You don't need the DLC to enter them, just to call them.

The new weapons drop but if you dont have DLC2 you cant use them.

zombiekitty
12-13-2013, 02:40 PM
The new weapons drop but if you dont have DLC2 you cant use them.

Exactly. Yeah, we can go to the Arkbreaks that others drop-- but we get the volge weapons, and they're entirely useless until we CAN purchase the DLC, standalone.

Sinrise
12-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Only those who had the season pass previously have access to DLC2 on PS3. It isn't available to buy standalone in the PS store yet :(

That is just... incredibly... I don't even know. What the hell? They can't even get it together enough to be able to take your money? Damn.

Could they really be so greedy as to force people to buy the season pass, or is this some kind of glitch they are stumped on, or ignoring, or just making you wait and not telling you why?

WhiteF8ng
12-13-2013, 02:48 PM
There's seriously no way to turn on volge weapons until the ones of us stranded on PS3 are capable of even being able to CHOOSE whether to get the DLC? Can't even make it an option so that they're available until we redeem our codes? And if we don't redeem our codes from the purchase, it gets shut off in such-and-such amount of time? .. Lamesauce, man. Lame.:cool:

You know that's not happening... You know it...

vizibledog
12-13-2013, 02:50 PM
That is just... incredibly... I don't even know. What the hell? They can't even get it together enough to be able to take your money? Damn.

Could they really be so greedy as to force people to buy the sason pass, or is this some kind of glitch they are stumped on, or ignoring, or just making you wait and not telling you why?

Yeah, its pretty lame. I dont have the season pass but bought DLC1 and was fully intending to buy DLC2 on the 10th, but with whats happened now I dont think I will buy it, so Trion just lost a customer. I'd imagine there are many PS3 players in my position. Extremely bad business decision IMO.

zombiekitty
12-13-2013, 02:53 PM
You know that's not happening... You know it...

Of course I know it. :o:cool: I'm just doin' my thing.

zombiekitty
12-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah, its pretty lame. I dont have the season pass but bought DLC1 and was fully intending to buy DLC2 on the 10th, but with whats happened now I dont think I will buy it, so Trion just lost a customer. I'd imagine there are many PS3 players in my position. Extremely bad business decision IMO.

They could've even put it in the Defiance store, and let it be bought with bits..

vizibledog
12-13-2013, 03:02 PM
They could've even put it in the Defiance store, and let it be bought with bits..

Before announcing a release date, they should have consolidated a date it would have been available to all platforms and announced that as the release date (as they did with DLC1). I fear they may have alienated a portion of their customer base. I would have bought it right away but now having played the free content the only reason I can see to buy it is for access to the new weapons which doesn't really excite me.

zombiekitty
12-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Before announcing a release date, they should have consolidated a date it would have been available to all platforms and announced that as the release date (as they did with DLC1). I fear they may have alienated a portion of their customer base. I would have bought it right away but now having played the free content the only reason I can see to buy it is for access to the new weapons which doesn't really excite me.

We had issues with DLC1 as well, but nothing this 'huge.' But what you're saying, is what I've been saying all along; they should've consolidated, conversed with each console (generally speaking), and had it all ready before even giving the projected release date.

If they haven't lost a portion of their customer base, I know for sure they've got many in limbo. I know a lot of my clan is unhappy with the way it was done, and I can't at all blame them. The free content is nice and all, but then we get called "moochers," etc, for joining in on the major Arkbreaks. Lol. Which is hilarious with and in itself, but still. We've got an inventory full of Volge weapons we can either sell to a vendor, break down, stare at, or get laughed at if we attempt to sell them to another player if they're anything but orange with decent (haha) rolls.

Thomas1975
12-14-2013, 08:42 AM
I questioned Elizabeth about the Idea of putting the DLC in the Defiance store for bits; her reply to me was "The DLC is something we have to work with our partner (Sony) on”. While I do agree that if there is a contract between Sony and Trion, Trion has no choice in the matter. But this brings us to the point that for this to be happening Trion had to have been late getting the DLC to Sony for Approval. If for some reason this is not the case and Sony is the one running slow and is causing Trion to look bad, then Trion has every right to Sell the DLC in the Defiance Store to cover the losses until Sony get the DLC in the PSN Store. I just hope for the sake of Trion that this problem is corrected no later than Tuesday the 17th, any later and Trion might just want to forget it for most of us.

Bennyguy
12-14-2013, 08:56 AM
I was also not happy about the drops that are red and not usable. I didn't purchase the DLC due to the bugs and cost...to close to Christmas for me and $55 Canadian is a lot for DLC.

Thomas1975
12-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I was also not happy about the drops that are red and not usable. I didn't purchase the DLC due to the bugs and cost...to close to Christmas for me and $55 Canadian is a lot for DLC.

What $55 Canadian has to be for the season pass. The stand alone DLC is only $10 American so I cannot see it being that much more there. But the Stand alone is not out in the store yet with no real ETA on it. It is very bad business on Trions Part on this one.

maxx traxxas
12-14-2013, 09:57 AM
I can wait for the dlc 2. I notice we can mod the volge guns. So at least i will have mine ready to go when ps gets the dlc.

zombiekitty
12-14-2013, 11:13 AM
I questioned Elizabeth about the Idea of putting the DLC in the Defiance store for bits; her reply to me was "The DLC is something we have to work with our partner (Sony) on”. While I do agree that if there is a contract between Sony and Trion, Trion has no choice in the matter. But this brings us to the point that for this to be happening Trion had to have been late getting the DLC to Sony for Approval. If for some reason this is not the case and Sony is the one running slow and is causing Trion to look bad, then Trion has every right to Sell the DLC in the Defiance Store to cover the losses until Sony get the DLC in the PSN Store. I just hope for the sake of Trion that this problem is corrected no later than Tuesday the 17th, any later and Trion might just want to forget it for most of us.

I agree. Trion should/does have every right to sell the DLC in their store instead of on PSN if it were a Sony issue.. that makes sense. I'm still sticking to the ideology that they could've gotten everything organized before even releasing a release date, though, so.. that's my stance. Nevertheless, working with a partner is silly when it comes to DLC; maybe they should take a note from Blizzard, and when DLC (otherwise known as expansions) are released, make it a digital download, and available to be bought in real life stores, to prevent future issues. That's what I'd do.

If it isn't available on the 17th, I've definitely been hearing little birds saying they're done with Trion. So .. I guess it's just a 'wait and see' now.

Bonehead
12-14-2013, 02:18 PM
You guys must REALLY like this game if you're still playing on ps3.
I love it but I don't think I would have the patience to have stuck with it as long as yall.

vizibledog
12-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I love it but I don't think I would have the patience to have stuck with it as long as yall.

I guess we must have greater resolve than you. We're not quitters we're made of sterner stuff lol.

zombiekitty
12-14-2013, 04:57 PM

Well, some of us are still hoping it'll be fixed. Some of us are giving them this last chance to fix it before we jump from the sinking ship.

Punkduck2064
12-16-2013, 12:08 AM
It's odd that the Arkbreaker DLC has to go through Sony Cert., but the game patches don't.

If Sony is holding up certifying the DLC, does that mean that they have issues approving the DLC for use by the PS3 players? The purpose of Certification is to make sure that a product runs well, meets Sony's standards for a game to be on their service, and doesn't brick peoples PS3. If Sony is holding things up, there has to be something about it they don't like. I bet there will be a major patch a few days before the DLC hits the PSN store.

Bonehead
12-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Well, some of us are still hoping it'll be fixed. Some of us are giving them this last chance to fix it before we jump from the sinking ship.

My hat's off to you peeps, no shtacko.

Bonehead
12-16-2013, 01:09 AM
I guess we must have greater resolve than you. We're not quitters we're made of sterner stuff lol.

It is such a hella good game IMO, I really hope you guys get to play it for real someday.

zombiekitty
12-16-2013, 09:29 AM
It is such a hella good game IMO, I really hope you guys get to play it for real someday.

I think we will --- ... as soon as they hand the reins over to someone with more experience running MMOs, and/or preparing DLC expansions. -cough.- Nevertheless.. we may have it on the 17th, we may not. It's just too good of a game to watch fall, tumble, and get stuck ***-up and sink. Hell, me and a few other folks I know would be willing to take it over and improve it. Give us a week or two, and it'd be totally different. No screw ups. Ain't that right, Punk.. Thomas.. and all the others we've talked about this with..? :P