PDA

View Full Version : Ground pounder. Why is there a limit on grenade placement?

Arsenic_Touch
12-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Yes, I just got a ground pounder with 9 rounds. You can place 8 grenades and then detonate them normally, once you throw the 9th grenade, one of them detonates.

Never noticed it before because I never had more than 6 or so rounds in the ground pounder.
If this is a bug, it need to be fixed. If it's intentional, it needs to change.

Special note: Questions are directed at Trion, not other players.

Arran
12-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Have 10 in the mag on mine thanx to a purple reserve chamber. Shame I didn't no b4 I wasted the mod. Stil managed solo a matron in 9seconds on island of lost soldiers after my whole group got kicked. Stil love my awesum pounder but the extra mag sure would be nice.

Atticus Batman
12-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Have 10 in the mag on mine thanx to a purple reserve chamber. Shame I didn't no b4 I wasted the mod. Stil managed solo a matron in 9seconds on island of lost soldiers after my whole group got kicked. Stil love my awesum pounder but the extra mag sure would be nice.

While we are at it, Why do the new green quest items only have a green roll and not a white one, like all other newer guns?

Kaiselius
12-14-2013, 02:21 AM
I assume the grenade limit is to limit how much memory they'd need to set aside to remember their placement. Most games that have mine-style weapons usually limit how many you can set at once.

TrickDempsey
01-09-2014, 05:55 PM
We have a per-weapon active projectile limit to protect server load and to protect client performance. These were set to 8 for detonators/grenade launchers but was not updated when their max clip after bonuses and mods was raised.

Since this setting is embedded in both code and data, it probably won't be fixed for our upcoming patch. However, we should be able to address it in the patch after that. (I'll see what I can do about announcing a date on the next upcoming patch as well. We're still testing.)

Arsenic_Touch
01-09-2014, 06:00 PM
We have a per-weapon active projectile limit to protect server load and to protect client performance. These were set to 8 for detonators/grenade launchers but was not updated when their max clip after bonuses and mods was raised.

Since this setting is embedded in both code and data, it probably won't be fixed for our upcoming patch. However, we should be able to address it in the patch after that. (I'll see what I can do about announcing a date on the next upcoming patch as well. We're still testing.)

That's great news. Thank you.

Did you ever fix the rendering issue with the bungie cords on the challengers?

Amack
01-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Incoming rainbow bungee cords! Sweet!

DanteYoda
01-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Incoming rainbow bungee cords! Sweet!

Bungee cords on Challengers?

Nefarious
01-09-2014, 10:06 PM
You want more Ground Pounder bombs then equip a second Ground Pounder.

I like to do so on the 9th wave for the Volge Bath House Siege. I place all the bombs in the back and sit on the hill top. And when that back wave lands I take them all out in one swoop.

Tekrunner
01-09-2014, 11:51 PM

Please tell me that that next patch fixes surge bolters. I'm having more and more trouble finding motivation to log in when 1) PvP is barely playable and 2) everything drops dead before I can shoot it at more and more PvE events.

Arsenic_Touch
01-09-2014, 11:54 PM
You want more Ground Pounder bombs then equip a second Ground Pounder.

I like to do so on the 9th wave for the Volge Bath House Siege. I place all the bombs in the back and sit on the hill top. And when that back wave lands I take them all out in one swoop.

What does that have to do with anything...?

Atticus Batman
01-10-2014, 02:49 AM
Bungee cords on Challengers?

THey are over the trunk. Currently the are basically silver, but that is because of a rendering issue of some kind.

Clarity Page
01-10-2014, 03:56 AM
Yes, I just got a ground pounder with 9 rounds. You can place 8 grenades and then detonate them normally, once you throw the 9th grenade, one of them detonates.

does the clusterdrop detonator have the same bug?

Arsenic_Touch
01-10-2014, 04:26 AM
does the clusterdrop detonator have the same bug?

That is the one I was using.