PDA

View Full Version : Question about Patch 1.202 Notes

Angeleus09
12-14-2013, 02:22 PM
In the patch notes Morgana posted that part of the hotfix "Locked arkbreak instances earlier to prevent unsatisfying scenarios." (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?143061-Patch-1.202-(hotfix)-Patch-Notes)

What does this mean exactly? Is the numbers of players that are allowed to instance in being restricted to prevent disconnects?

Arsenic_Touch
12-14-2013, 02:24 PM
I assume it's to cut down on being thrown into instances that already started, however it didn't seem to accomplish anything because I've still run into majors where the warmaster was open.

Angeleus09
12-14-2013, 02:29 PM
I supposed it's to cut down on being thrown into instances that already started, however it didn't seem to accomplish anything because I've still run into majors where the warmaster was open.

Thanks for the quick reply, Arsenic. So the idea was to stop allowing people in after a certain point so you didn't materialize in front of the Warmaster and get stomped, or pop in with 1 minute left and get credit for the kill? That makes sense, I'm sorry to hear it doesn't seem to be working as intended.

Market
12-14-2013, 04:04 PM
I asked this question a few hours after that patch went live and it still hasn't been responded to in an official capacity. I'm assuming that the answers between here and mine are correct, but I agree with Arsenic that it still hasn't fixed the situation. It seemed like it added some glitches to the warmaster itself, actually. Until that patch, I hadn't seen it go through the wall or hang from the center of the room.

maverick07
12-14-2013, 08:40 PM
No idea what that meant either. But I know the Arkbreaks aren't locked down entirely. Our clan would start one and wait for more people. Eventually a group somewhere else on the servers would funnel into our Arkbreak. You can also have people on your friend list follow you in. This might be a little easier to do on PS3 though because with the DC issues we have with them they aren't getting a lot of traffic.

The Oncoming Storm
12-14-2013, 08:43 PM
I thought it was to prevent people from doing the same arkbreak twice...
before said patch I was able to speed run a minor impact then run in for another salvage run,
but now i just come out to a closed arkfall.