PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster vs. late joiners

Sdric
12-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Please disable join-ins after 3 minutes.

We experienced it 2 times today that we were actually having a quite good run - and then suddenly some new people joined.
The hit the Warmaster a few times to get the reward (we got a guy with total 16k damage, and three more guys with less than 40k) - and went AFK after that.

For each player who joined his helth got scaled higher, damage which we had to deal.
In the end - both times this happened - he survived with less than 0,5 of his healthbar.

You can picture our frustration.

There has to be doen something about those leechers.

Tekrunner
12-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Does his health actually scale though?

Sdric
12-15-2013, 05:23 PM
It does.
It depends on the number of players.

Deunan
12-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Sounds fishy to me. Mobs are spawned, including stats when the instance is rendered. I have never heard of a game coded so that the health and damage of a mob could actually increase as additional players entered the instance.

Seth Winternight
12-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Sounds fishy to me. Mobs are spawned, including stats when the instance is rendered. I have never heard of a game coded so that the health and damage of a mob could actually increase as additional players entered the instance.

This is pretty much done with every mob in Defiance: the more people in the area, the tougher the enemies become. It adds to the challenge by providing a fair scaling. You'll notice this more in sieges and arkfalls, but it's also true for arkbreaks and emergencies.

justifiable187
12-15-2013, 05:38 PM

So you haven't been to an arkfall where you are rocking it solo, then 30 people show up and suddenly you can't one-shot a skitterling?

maverick07
12-15-2013, 05:43 PM
I was under the impression that the Warmaster was different than other stuff in the game. Because Trick said it was built for at least 16 to 20 players.

I'll put this theory to the test soon though. A few friends and I were gonna hop on PS3 EU servers to try him soon where there probably aren't even 20 players on the server at night to even fight him :D.

Raiithe
12-15-2013, 06:06 PM
I agree there should be a lockout. I haven't noticed AFKers, tho i haven't been looking. What i do find annoying is being at the Major arkfall from the beginning and entering only to find that i have been shoved into a warmaster thats already in progress, an example being arriving to warmaster that has 1min30 left on the clock.
I was at it from the beginning yet had no chance to get a decent amount of damage because of that.

It could be that some of those AFKers had a similar situation occur and merely thought 'why bother', not condoning the action but it wouldn't surprise me.

Maixx
12-15-2013, 06:06 PM
My objection lies in the amount of people that are dc'd when the doors open. It would be pretty f'd up to lock out someone that might have placed one of the batteries.
I've already lost a couple, but those were revive dc's.

Deunan
12-15-2013, 06:46 PM
So you haven't been to an arkfall where you are rocking it solo, then 30 people show up and suddenly you can't one-shot a skitterling?No. Though with 30 people at an Arkfall it's kind of hard to know whether you're the only one hitting it. It looks like I'm one hitting it so it never occurred to me and the mobs in general go down so fast when it's being zerged that there's no way to discern a difference. I was under the impression that scaling was done by mobs generated not increases in health. Now that I think about it though, the Ark Cores at major Scrapper Arkfalls do seem to go down pretty quickly when I'm soloing them. Does it scale back down if players leave as well?

Back to the OP, the lock out would be unfair if players who spawned the Arkfall couldn't get in because of disconnect. If the lockout could accommodate them then it might work, but if mobs don't scale in both directions that could be problematic if several players get disconnected.

Sdric
12-15-2013, 08:35 PM
So, how about rewards for people with less than 50k damage get set to 0.
And people beneath 300k geta significant reduction of their damage.
I mean, I've reached 3.000.000 damage - so 1/10 th of it should be doable for anybody who tries.

DanteYoda
12-15-2013, 08:39 PM
I was under the impression that the Warmaster was different than other stuff in the game. Because Trick said it was built for at least 16 to 20 players.

I'll put this theory to the test soon though. A few friends and I were gonna hop on PS3 EU servers to try him soon where there probably aren't even 20 players on the server at night to even fight him :D.

Me and another were doing it together (its hard), got it to 3/4 health when loads more turned up, made it harder...

Why just me and him were put in an empty instance was beyond me, there were loads outside when we ported inside, inside it was just us two for the top part and we waited at the bottom no one arrived so we duo it, at about 4:00 mark heaps of people piled in...