PDA

View Full Version : vendor pricing

Gemini Rapture
12-17-2013, 04:29 AM
why when i try to buy an item back that you're only giving me 426 scrip for are you trying to charge me 2300? didnt you ban people from the game for using that kind of trade tactic to their advantage?

Umfafa
12-17-2013, 04:36 AM
So pay attention to what you're selling to the pawn shop before you sell it.

Derp?

crasher
12-17-2013, 04:39 AM
why when i try to buy an item back that you're only giving me 426 scrip for are you trying to charge me 2300? didnt you ban people from the game for using that kind of trade tactic to their advantage?
It's very similar to, and rooted in the same philosophy as, the grenade issue we've been discussing.

I think we'll come to find that making it easy/convenient to trade 'nades for fun and profit is pretty close to the bottom of Trick's list.
If they gave us a way to do it it would NOT lead to more inv slots being bought, it would just lead to more scrip/AS in our hot lil hooves. Increasing player's assets makes players fat and lazy.
Keeping us poor 'motivates' us to go out and 'earn'.
All of the well-meaning suggestions made by my brothers/sisters here on the forum to make the grenade system better/easier/etc ignore the fact that in precluding us from a revenue stream they keep us in a revenue deficit.
Buying anything from a vendor and selling it back at a lower price keeps us in a deficit.
Buying mods at insane prices keeps us in a deficit.
Retrieving mods OR weapon keeps us in a deficit.
Replacing a mod by destroying it (instead of giving it back to us) keeps us in deficit.

Whats so special about any mods that they're 'worth' 10K scrip while 'scrip loot' from individual enemies is on the order of '3 scrip'?

Ya'll can keep suggesting ways to 'fix it', or 'make it more usable', but you're missing the point that they don't WANT to 'fix it' or 'make it more usable'. Then they'd have to figure out other ways to syphon scrip/AS from the players stash. And it already took them months figuring out THIS method, and had to divert programing assets/resources from fixing the chat to 'fixing' the 'nade economy that we didn't think was broken.

Also:
Can you sell an OJ 'nade to someone else?
Can they 'equip' it?

The 2 attempts I made to move OJ 'nades from one of my account toons to a 'toon on a different account left me with OJ 'nades that the 2nd account could accept and equip after patch 1.201, but not equip after patch 1.202.

Do you think they want to keep OJ 'nades as a commodity anymore? Do you think they want to let you scoop up all those battlefield drops?

I've been wrong a few times before. Maybe I am again, but unless they've tweeked/twerked it again, I don't think so.

Gemini Rapture
12-17-2013, 04:41 AM
oh i do, i only realized when i decided to pass something on to a friend, that i had just sold. most of the time i dont need to go back, but still it's not right to ban people for something then turn around and do it themselves to everyone else.

GridSufer
12-17-2013, 04:43 AM
It's like this in 95% of all games ever!
Get over it!

Gemini Rapture
12-17-2013, 04:46 AM
It's very similar to, and rooted in the same philosophy as, the grenade issue we've been discussing.

I think we'll come to find that making it easy/convenient to trade 'nades for fun and profit is pretty close to the bottom of Trick's list.
If they gave us a way to do it it would NOT lead to more inv slots being bought, it would just lead to more scrip/AS in our hot lil hooves. Increasing player's assets makes players fat and lazy.
Keeping us poor 'motivates' us to go out and 'earn'.
All of the well-meaning suggestions made by my brothers/sisters here on the forum to make the grenade system better/easier/etc ignore the fact that in precluding us from a revenue stream they keep us in a revenue deficit.
Buying anything from a vendor and selling it back at a lower price keeps us in a deficit.
Buying mods at insane prices keeps us in a deficit.
Retrieving mods OR weapon keeps us in a deficit.
Replacing a mod by destroying it (instead of giving it back to us) keeps us in deficit.

Whats so special about any mods that they're 'worth' 10K scrip while 'scrip loot' from individual enemies is on the order of '3 scrip'?

Ya'll can keep suggesting ways to 'fix it', or 'make it more usable', but you're missing the point that they don't WANT to 'fix it' or 'make it more usable'. Then they'd have to figure out other ways to syphon scrip/AS from the players stash. And it already took them months figuring out THIS method, and had to divert programing assets/resources from fixing the chat to 'fixing' the 'nade economy that we didn't think was broken.

Also:
Can you sell an OJ 'nade to someone else?
Can they 'equip' it?

The 2 attempts I made to move OJ 'nades from one of my account toons to a 'toon on a different account left me with OJ 'nades that the 2nd account could accept and equip after patch 1.201, but not equip after patch 1.202.

Do you think they want to keep OJ 'nades as a commodity anymore? Do you think they want to let you scoop up all those battlefield drops?

I've been wrong a few times before. Maybe I am again, but unless they've tweeked/twerked it again, I don't think so.

I agree they're working it just about like the real government, and we all know where that is going. As far as the grenades go, I think that's just dumb that you cant pick them up and sell them, I have 30 stacks of grenades in my claimable items, it's freakin ridiculous.

Gemini Rapture
12-17-2013, 04:49 AM
It's like this in 95% of all games ever!
Get over it!

well it wasn't before the new dlc, so if you dont like my questioning it, get off my thread and get over yourself.

GridSufer
12-17-2013, 04:53 AM
well it wasn't before the new dlc, so if you dont like my questioning it, get off my thread and get over yourself.

So it was something they felt they wanted to change, life's a *****, and no I won't get off your thread, in fact for that demand I may troll you on Purpose for the giggles!

Shogo_Yahagi
12-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Are you familiar with capitalism?

bigguy
12-17-2013, 08:09 AM
i did this last night with a blue mod i bought it for 10k then sold all my unfavoriet stuff to vendor and said **** when i saw the buy back was 10k but i needed the mod so i bought it back and in the chat window which shows you everything they did not take 10k scrip from me only the 2k that i sold it for , so even though it is showing you the inflated prices it charges you what you sold it for