PDA

View Full Version : GameStop "Product Reg Code"?

MilkyWhites
01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
I pre-ordered the standard edition of Defiance for the Xbox360 at Gamestop, and the clerk was very vague about what this code is. Anybody care to enlighten me?

Thanks.

EDIT: I entered the code into my Defiance account and it also didn't give me any info afterwards. I assume this is just the pre-order bonus stuff. And posibly my beta invite whenever they start it up again.

Hoffman
01-25-2013, 07:07 PM
I pre-ordered the standard edition of Defiance for the Xbox360 at Gamestop, and the clerk was very vague about what this code is. Anybody care to enlighten me?

Thanks.

EDIT: I entered the code into my Defiance account and it also didn't give me any info afterwards. I assume this is just the pre-order bonus stuff. And posibly my beta invite whenever they start it up again.

hm... i never got a code with mine :/

WarMad2
01-25-2013, 07:27 PM

Thanks.

Maybe I can enlighten some? I pre-ordered the Standard for the PC. The code was printed onto my reciept, its suppose to be for an ingame weapon. If I remember right, some type of biological weapon I believe. Should tell you on their website. That is how I found out (if i remeber right).

Myll_Erik
01-25-2013, 08:15 PM
The code will give allow us (Trion) to invite you to the next beta event. You'll get a beta e-mail before the start of the next beta.

MilkyWhites
01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
The code will give allow us (Trion) to invite you to the next beta event. You'll get a beta e-mail before the start of the next beta.

Thanks for clearing that up. So I guess that means there WILL be a console beta. Lol.

Also, good info during the livestream today.

ItISLupus
01-26-2013, 12:07 AM

Will we get that code when we put the full amount down or what? I didn't get one with mine and I preordered it about a week ago.

EDIT: I put my original $35 down on 1/14, went in and put another $35 down today neither receipt has a "Product registration code" Ultimate edition X360

WarMad2
01-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Will we get that code when we put the full amount down or what? I didn't get one with mine and I preordered it about a week ago.

EDIT: I put my original $35 down on 1/14, went in and put another $35 down today neither receipt has a "Product registration code" Ultimate edition X360

I guess I should have mentioned to, that I was told that we should get the beta keys through e-mail when they start to release their beta(s). That is what I was told, and have read.

IGears
01-26-2013, 08:12 AM
The code should of came on the receipt. i entered the code on my account here and it only says that i preorder the game for Xbox 360. but yes it is still very vague...

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 10:34 AM
i didnt get a code when i pre ordered the UE from GS....maybe i should call.

D351
01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
i didnt get a code when i pre ordered the UE from GS....maybe i should call.

Yeah... they forgot to give me a beta code when I pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever and handled it over the phone... worst case, they might ask you to drop by the store.

Viciouz
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM
you assume right :)

Defy8574
01-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Pre-ordered the ultimate edition on Tuesday and after the barcode on the receipt, a section appears that reads as follows:
"Thank you for Pre-ordering DEFIANCE! Activate your bonuses by redeeming the code below at defiance.com/start
Product Registration Code:
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
For More help please visit
gamestop.com/code"

I Pre-ordered the game at the store so if you went to the store to pre-order and didn't get something similar on your receipt than I would head back and let them know that you never received a code and how you can go about retrieving it. Once I entered my code on my account management it now says I have a Gamestop PC Pre-Order.

ItISLupus
01-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Yeah, Mine (both the receipts I have) didn't have a code on it. I went in and asked them and they printed off a new receipt with the registration code.