PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Leveling - Current thinking?

Kibblehouse
12-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Its been a while since I read any good posts on Weapon Leveling and the game has had some changes since then, so...

Used to be the San Quentin Hulker was the first answer when anyone wanted to level weapons, Or maybe an afflicted emergency if your working on a BMG or something with AOE damage. Are these still good bets or do people get better results working seiges?

Not looking for exploits like the old "hole in the fence" just the basics.

alienstookmybeer
12-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Darkfalls should work pretty well too, now that you can pull the trifecta on the monolith's tachmag... Overcharge, Damage Spike, and Ego Boost

Shadow Andreas
12-19-2013, 10:50 AM
When I'm lvling my BMG or RL, I go to afflicted sieges and afflicted emergencies (between sieges) and just focus on the groups of enemies.

I did my SASR and BASR with mutants in Mount Tam...took forever. When I got bored with them....I would go to ArkFalls and use them like shotguns on the enemies (there were too many people with high ROF weapons for me to take aim.

Kibblehouse
12-19-2013, 11:47 AM
No love for the lonely hulker? He must be so lonely there in San Quentin.

Monkerlotus
12-19-2013, 11:49 AM
No love for the lonely hulker? He must be so lonely there in San Quentin.

I killed him maybe 40times lastnight leveling rocket launchers and infectors for a while

Xander Nekil
12-19-2013, 11:52 AM
My best advice on sawed offs is run two in a single load out and use preparedness. Shoot switch shoot switch rinse and repwat. I personally love blur for that but you could use overcharge

Arran
12-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Project aegis side mission is awesum for leveling & loot drops to. That's one mission I will never fully complete as it s took much fun spawning the bullet & monarch when there's a minor ark at same time. Make sure u don't activate all the turrets or u can't farm it properly :)

Tesseract
12-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Maybe this is stupid, but I seem to level roller skills quickly by squashing afflicted. Not so much with runners unless you like to go boom. ;-)

Kibblehouse
12-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Well I do enjoy going boom, it does tend to hurt my overall DPS. Never worried much about leveling my vehicles, I just drove around alot.

Great tip about the Sawed-offs. I always had 2 on hand so I could keep going when one mastered, but I never thought of putting both in my loadout with preparedness. I'll remember that next time I work on them (havent touched them since getting them to 5)

Tesseract
12-19-2013, 04:31 PM
I never thought of putting both in my loadout with preparedness.

I saw the same idea in the WM how-to thread, but for the SAW. This is a tactic I gotta try. Other guns go in other loadouts.

QipQip
12-19-2013, 05:26 PM
If you have the arena DLC leveling weapons with splash damage like the rocket launcher is very easy now.You want to go to the second to the last arena which starts out with swarms of the small robots.With a little practice you can learn the patterns and hit 7k for a bronze reward in just the first round.Aim the launcher at your feet and kill yourself.You get scrip,XP,reputation,and weapon XP all in less than one minute.I haven't tested, but i'm guessing the new volge assault rifle and pistol would be perfect for this too.