PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Crafting - Mentioned Once & Forgotten??

Overtkill21
12-19-2013, 11:14 AM
So it was mentioned once by a dev that Weapon Crafting was coming.

It was not elaborated upon and, like many of the things mentioned on here, seems to have been forgotten about.

What type of Weapon Crafting is coming?

(Personally I’d like to see something like this: We all have purple weapons that we love. So why not allow us to “Add a roll” to these Epic weapons and make them Legendary, but with a big catch – if you do this to a weapon it is now yours forever as it becomes Untradeable – a kind of Personal Legendary – and once a weapon becomes a Personal Legendary – you can rename it to whatever you’d like. I doubt this would be very difficult to implement and would add loads of value.)

So what do my fellow ArkHunters think?

Are you interested in the “Weapon Crafting” they mentioned a while back?

What form do you think it should take?

Sdric
12-19-2013, 11:15 AM
It should take no form.
It usually is an annoying money based grind.

Overtkill21
12-19-2013, 11:22 AM
It should take no form.
It usually is an annoying money based grind.

"Money based grind" is a curious term. What does it mean? Is money bits? In which case there would be zero grind.

Is money scrip? In which case, aren't you already accumulating loads of scrip simply by playing (aka "grinding")?

Personally I "grind" this game all the time so one more thing would be welcome to me.

Clarity Page
12-19-2013, 11:55 AM
sounds epic i would love that feature, sound well balanced too providing the cost isnt too high it's easy to get load of salvage but i have trouble getting much scrip
they should do it, make part of dlc 3

Extreme Rugburn
12-19-2013, 02:51 PM
I like your suggestion, but would also like to add to it.

1) Only Purple weapons can be promoted to Legendary.

2) In order to promote them you must "master" them five times. By continously using them and remastering them you and your weapon become Legendary. So not only will you need to invest the time, but each time you reset the mastery you are paying Scrip/arch salvage.

3) once you complete the fifth mastery you are given the option to "promote" the weapon. If you choose to do so then the weapon becomes Legendary and untradable.