PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion of Enjoyment

Codcake
12-19-2013, 11:47 AM
When I had first caught word of a game/TV series that would be interconnected, I was thoroughly intrigued. Just the thought of cross media platforming was something new and exciting that I had to be a part of. After some kind words delicately placed in general conversation with my wife, she allowed me to pre-order Defiance on Steam and then it was the "waiting game" for realease.

Pre-Release:

The pre-order on Steam was a great idea. I received free stuff just for the order, and the more of us that pre-ordered the more free stuff we gained. Oh, the excitement that churned from my core outwards was peaked when I realized that the "Third Tier" was unlocked at pre-order.

Hoping online to find these little codes to put into the Defiance page to unlock more free stuff was a two hour event at work of switching pages and typing in codes. Free levels on guns and titles. I was gitty!

Release:

Downloading a new MMO or DLC is always the bane of gaming. Yay, the game is out now hurry up and wait.
I did. I have been a long-time fan of MMO's and have spent way too much of my life online in some ficticious setting helping to twart evil and hopefully save the world that this small wait was trivial at best.

Leveling Up:

Wait we don't level? What is this? We are all equal, but some are more equal then others... Animal Farm reference. I digress. A thought I thunk went as such, "So, if my friends who are not as awesome as myself hop on, they will be less useless then in other games." My hypothesis turned out to be correct. In fact my Ego is currently at 1886 and my friends is at 752, yet somehow he still beat me in damage in an arkfall the other day. Of course I was dominating, but it would seem he dominated ever so slightly better than myself. Blasphemy. Gaming Gods could not allow this and shant stand for this atrocity. They do however and I am glad. No matter what level myself or my cohorts are currently we can be of use to any other player in any situation.

Guns:

Holy barrel of fun fun sauce Batman! If you can't find one you like, there is no hope for you in this world (the world of Defiance, but possibly in real life aswell). The plethera of combinations of types and synergies and mods. Endless are your possibilities! I find myself switching when I master a gun just so I can check out a new one. I know I can reset mastery, sure, but why? I haven't used this type lets try it out. Maybe not as accurate, but look at that damage! I have enjoyed this aspect from day one.

Co-op:

I actually like these instances. It's not so hard that they can't be completed without grinding strategies like WoW bosses. Plus finish all pursuits gives you some pretty easy Ego and outfits. Win-win.

PvP:

It's a little off and I haven't played around with it much, but basically if you shoot first you win. It's that easy!

Arkfalls:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh man Arkfalls! I loved the Rifts in Rift, but this is great. All the subtle little nuances from major to minor and the varying type within each. From type of enemy to type of Arkfall with said enemy is fun, and it mixes up the monotony of the same ol' same ol'.

Dailies:

I do these for two reasons and not everyday mind you. First, its an easy way to get away from the grind of Arkfalls. Second, gun leveling. 'Nuff Said.

Overall:

I typed this up for a couple of reasons. I have been reading people mostly just running their mouths about this or that. I gotcha. Loud and clear. I am not hear to say what you ask for isn't needed or desperatly wanted. I am just saying I haven't read from many people expressing his/her love for this game. I enjoy it very much so. I would like to thank Trion for all the hard work. I know it must be tough gaining the respect of us simple gaming folk, for we all know you must earn it. With tough love mind you. Not I. No matter how much Shtako you guys get from this game, you had me a Jekkin Hello!

With Love,

Codcake

I play on PC
My name is Dredge
No clan, I just play for fun
300 hours logged
1886 Ego and climbing
Hope to see you on.

(Feel free to respond to this thread, although I will not be getting on to check and read what others have posted. This was just for me or anyone else who justs wants to say thanks. If you feel as if I have commited some sort of faux pas for thanking Trion or enjoying the game, then I tip my hat to you good sir and say "Good Day.")

Bane_Of_Legends
12-19-2013, 12:19 PM
snip

Holy Shtako Batman.
A simple "Thanks Trion" would've sufficed. :P
Regardless though, a batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies to you good sir.

Storm58
12-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Holy Shtako Batman.

He won't get them. He was merely paid to come on here and give an 'A+' report card and then sail back down the 'net stream.

Graefton
12-19-2013, 02:45 PM
(snip)

Whatever you're high on, please share it with the rest of us. Thanks.

Bane_Of_Legends
12-19-2013, 03:00 PM
He won't get them. He was merely paid to come on here and give an 'A+' report card and then sail back down the 'net stream.

Not everyone's gaming experience will be the same.
I have thoroughly enjoyed playing Defiance.
I'd give the game a B+. :)

Heartlight
12-19-2013, 03:42 PM

And this is what I mean. Psst BoL, mailbox is full!

Zugo
12-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Bottom line for me is that the game is fun, I've met some great people I wouldn't have, and in my opinion the game is getting better.

If you don't enjoy the game then play something else. Your persistence in coming to the boards to say the game is horrible is like admitting to everyone how foolish you are in your own eyes.

Bonehead
12-19-2013, 04:02 PM

B+ seems about right to me too.

Bonehead
12-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Bottom line for me is that the game is fun, I've met some great people I wouldn't have, and in my opinion the game is getting better.

If you don't enjoy the game then play something else. Your persistence in coming to the boards to say the game is horrible is like admitting to everyone how foolish you are in your own eyes.

That's some real"one hand clapping" stuff there my friend. Well said.

Atticus Batman
12-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Holy Shtako Batman.

Hey don't drag me into this, I didn't write that or give an opinion on it! But I will take the cookies!!!

Bane_Of_Legends
12-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey don't drag me into this, I didn't write that or give an opinion on it! But I will take the cookies!!!

He dragged you into it first Batman!

Holy barrel of fun fun sauce Batman!

Hey, I've seen too many trolls on the forums lately. Someone isn't doing his job. Maybe I need to confiscate the Batarangs for my own personal use? ;)

Calysia
12-19-2013, 05:55 PM

Quoted for truth!

Atticus Batman
12-19-2013, 05:57 PM
He dragged you into it first Batman!

Hey, I've seen too many trolls on the forums lately. Someone isn't doing his job. Maybe I need to confiscate the Batarangs for my own personal use? ;)

Honestly, I quit reading that, after the first paragraph. So I didn't see it, and I do not want any guy's fun sauce! But I will take the cookies!

I couldn't decide if it was a blind fan boy, a very sarcastic hater, a troll, or just a dissilusioned person, so I quit paying attention.

I love the game, and there are loads of weapons but most are just slightly modified re-skins. I will NOT pay 10$ for one outfit (minus helmet) when you get an oufit and several other things for the same price just by buying the Dlc. The PvP isn't great and most of the PvE is easy. If it weren't for finding decent friends even I may have moved on months ago.