PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a DLC to expand the map of Defiance?

Citadel
12-20-2013, 02:09 AM
There are other places we could go to besides San Francisco, for example I keep hearing about this max security prison in vegas, plus Sanfran is pretty close to Nevada.

Or maybe take a fast travel system to St. Louis, which strangely we can't go there yet its the name of the game and show, heh.

But do you think this will ever be possible? After Caste and arkbreaker DLC.

Atticus Batman
12-20-2013, 03:20 AM
There are other places we could go to besides San Francisco, for example I keep hearing about this max security prison in vegas, plus Sanfran is pretty close to Nevada.

Or maybe take a fast travel system to St. Louis, which strangely we can't go there yet its the name of the game and show, heh.

But do you think this will ever be possible? After Caste and arkbreaker DLC.

The answer to going to St louis has always and will always be NO. The show and the game are purposely set apart, that way one can keep going even if the other fails. Besides lots of things in the game and show are named Defiance. And it is all because of Fort Defiance, NOT St. Louis.

As for map expansions, I am fine with more of Cali, but why insist they stretch it farther? The game is about the Ark Hunters witch stay mostly in Cali. Maybe giving an actual explanation of why California is the best place for Ark Hunters to find the good arks, would be a good idea on their part though.

GridSufer
12-20-2013, 03:22 AM
I don't think a map expansion is needed, there is allot
Of the map which is un-used, so a tiny bit of handwavium terraforming and add content to these forgotten places would make the world bigger:)

Atticus Batman
12-20-2013, 03:26 AM
I don't think a map expansion is needed, there is allot
Of the map which is un-used, so a tiny bit of handwavium terraforming and add content to these forgotten places would make the world bigger:)

That it would, and from what I have seen, one of those blocked out areas is where Fort Defiance is supposed to be located. The did say that they were going to try to do more with Dlc 3 and so on, so maybe they may unlock some areas. What the game needs though isn't more area. It's more game variety, missions and sidequests. personal or clan storage would also be nice for that matter, but we do NOT need to go to other states.

Citadel
12-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Its just that almost every mmo has a capital. Like St.Louis (Or Defiance everybody wants to call it and confuse it by naming almost every place Defiance) While San Fran has none, since the major city was destroyed and ended up being a terraformed wasteland.

Closest I can find is Iron Demon Ranch has the "Capital"

Draec
12-20-2013, 05:32 AM
When you think of the actual scale of the map, compared to the actual area it's supposed to cover, the world map is small. I would want more map too, especially a major HUB, which as it stands are basically Iron Demon Ranch, Muir Processing Plant and Overpass. To be fair though, San Francisco is freakin' tiny, and south where the peninsula is IRL seems to be terraformed away. If they opened a bit up to the west, toward Drake's bay, that would be amazing. More winding, vertical space to give the illusion of density that feels lacking.

Arsenic_Touch
12-20-2013, 05:59 AM
I am genuinely surprised people are against map expansion in a game that has such a tiny world yet so much lore to work with. It's baffling. This game most definitely needs map expansion, like yesterday. If they don't start rolling out real content updates like they advertise, then they're going to fail. Then again the free to play announcement is indicative of that already.

GridSufer
12-20-2013, 06:08 AM
That it would, and from what I have seen, one of those blocked out areas is where Fort Defiance is supposed to be located. The did say that they were going to try to do more with Dlc 3 and so on, so maybe they may unlock some areas. What the game needs though isn't more area. It's more game variety, missions and sidequests. personal or clan storage would also be nice for that matter, but we do NOT need to go to other states.

And in doing so would open up the big player hub everyone ways too :)

GridSufer
12-20-2013, 06:09 AM
I am genuinely surprised people are against map expansion in a game that has such a tiny world yet so much lore to work with. It's baffling. This game most definitely needs map expansion, like yesterday. If they don't start rolling out real content updates like they advertise, then they're going to fail. Then again the free to play announcement is indicative of that already.

Not against map expansion, but feel it would be a better use of already existing world map :)

A map expansion would be cool ether way :)

Arsenic_Touch
12-20-2013, 06:11 AM
Not against map expansion, but feel it would be a better use of already existing world map :)

A map expansion would be cool ether way :)

The current world is busy enough, they don't need to cram more into the tiny map. They need to expand the storyline and expand the map into the rest of the world.

crasher
12-20-2013, 06:46 AM
The current world is busy enough, they don't need to cram more into the tiny map. They need to expand the storyline and expand the map into the rest of the world.
This.

A lot of stuff already happens too close together too often.

Don't even get me started about how events start on a location (the SAME jekkin locations ALL the time) frequently within moments of the previous one ending.

Angeleus09
12-20-2013, 06:56 AM
As has been stated, we won't be going to Defiance/St. Louis anytime soon and that's on purpose. I think the best we're going to get would be seeing the arch and some buildings in the distance as we ride past it on the then-completed mag lev train.

I don't think anyone would argue with any expansions that opened up more of the already-present-but-blacked-out land mass that we all see when we scroll to the edges of the existing map. As for going places other than California, there is already a map of interesting and exciting places (http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/2046-map) that I would love to see explored in both the show and the game. Here's to hoping Season 2 is great on both sides.

Bane_Of_Legends
12-20-2013, 07:07 AM
there is already a map of interesting and exciting places (http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/2046-map)

I'd love to hop in a Hazmat suit and go to Florida. Quarantine Zone just screams trouble to me. :)

N3gativeCr33p
12-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Maybe giving an actual explanation of why California is the best place for Ark Hunters to find the good arks, would be a good idea on their part though.

I would sooner settle for an actual explanation as to why grenade changes would be a great idea at this moment in time. ;)

Fixing longtime glitches and bugs > silly grenade changes

Angeleus09
12-20-2013, 07:17 AM
I'd love to hop in a Hazmat suit and go to Florida. Quarantine Zone just screams trouble to me. :)

I know, right? If I remember correctly, way back in the day we saw footage from a tropical type environment that would have fit either Florida or South America. That map is from back before the game released and they certainly did a fair amount of world-building. I get the sense they had a grand plan to gradually explore more and more of this world but who knows what's on the plan board these days.

psssst.... Trion, I still believe!

samuelsinn
12-20-2013, 01:01 PM
i beleave.....

ya ok i dont beleave. but i do hope.

i agree with almost all of you. the map needs to be exspanded for the new influx of players that are all going to be " flooding in " with the new free to play till your ego 500 bit.

with new players means server over load and haveing new maps spaned out over the full world. i beleave thought that just maybe the train system will me impliminted something tells me we will see more mapes more landscape and more indevers to do soon enough.

but with them also comes more hope for all us ark hunters to retier to antarctica mmmm the beautiful deep deep south. ": sigh :" anyway.

the stroy line points to there being something to do with von boc so hopfuly we will see it befor season 2