PDA

View Full Version : This game is dead.

TheButcherPete
12-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Midnight, on a Friday night while SCHOOL IS OUT and this happens:

http://i.imgur.com/OrgYwzo.png

Seen this posted too:

http://i.imgur.com/xYTsb54.jpg

GG Trion, I guess it's true, all you give a **** about is Rift and the Minecraft knockoff you're pushing.

Heartlight
12-20-2013, 11:02 PM
It was like that for me (PS3 NA) since the DLC came out. But tonight, amazingly, it's jam packed with little guys 'n' gals runnin' all over the place killin' things :) Whew!

TheButcherPete
12-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Glad to see PS3 is alive then... Xbox and PC are ghost towns

Market
12-20-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm looking at a bunch of people on the NA XBox right now, but I was in a shard earlier that was barren... Try relogging, that solved it for me.

Deunan
12-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Glad to see PS3 is alive then... Xbox and PC are ghost townsNonsense. PC NA has lots of players. I just saw both of them a few minutes ago....

GridSufer
12-21-2013, 12:13 AM
X-box has a big player base, PC NA dominates and PC EU has a big player base at EU peak times and a shockingly big player for our 'twilight' hours...

Bane_Of_Legends
12-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Some people (not calling anyone out) need to remember that not everyone is grouped up in the same instance...

I've logged in to the game before and seen no one around, no one typing in chat.

Most of the time, it's fixed for me by simply going to a friend. Joining their instance.

Then I see plenty of players and the chat box with the usual "Get your oranges!" and "You sux hacker!".

This is regardless of whether I'm playing in the morning, or at night.

An advantage of making plenty of Defiance friends. There's a very small chance you'll ever be alone.

Overtkill21
12-21-2013, 12:56 AM
There is a strange plethora of little arkhunters underfoot on the PS3 - it's unnerving. LOL

medvampire
12-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Nonsense. PC NA has lots of players. I just saw both of them a few minutes ago....

Dammit you found me.

Atticus Batman
12-21-2013, 02:59 AM
Glad to see PS3 is alive then... Xbox and PC are ghost towns

Been in Defiance from 6 pm pacific until just before 2am pacific, and although most of the arkfalls were neglected, and the seiges weren't heavily populated, ALL the Arkbreaks I went to were crammed full. Remember Arkbreaks are STILL the new big thing, so MOST will be at those and avoid everything else.

Faelx
12-21-2013, 03:06 AM
I don't understand what's going on. Just two days ago there were crowds everywhere. And now... single me is on the afflicted siege. Five people are doing Volge siege. Major Arkfalls timed out because there was no one to shoot some hellbugs. Where did everyone go? Some new game? Or maybe they just returned to other MMOs where they came from because other games have Christmas events and something intresting to do. I don't know but It looks like I suddenly found myself in the middle of the desert.

Atticus Batman
12-21-2013, 03:14 AM
I don't understand what's going on. Just two days ago there were crowds everywhere. And now... single me is on the afflicted siege. Five people are doing Volge siege. Major Arkfalls timed out because there was no one to shoot some hellbugs. Where did everyone go? Some new game? Or maybe they just returned to other MMOs where they came from because other games have Christmas events and something intresting to do. I don't know but It looks like I suddenly found myself in the middle of the desert.

THey are all in the Arkbreaks. Plain and simple.

Faelx
12-21-2013, 03:27 AM
Maybe you are right. But I can see that major arkbreaks stays untouched and minors mostly too. Sometimes I can see people near shops but they are not many. Maybe they (devs i mean) just increased number of phases and reduced capacity so players were scattered to reduce lags. I don't know but seems it happened suddenly.

samuelsinn
12-21-2013, 03:27 AM
strange i just saw .... damn . 10 core members runing around today on PC NA o.o my self incliuded. and if i was to log on i have a feeling i would still see atleast 3-4 core members runing around .. almost all the time i see a grip of people runing around . could just be you found the empty ark falls that no one cares to do becuse thay where why down south in SF acrost the GGB

and not many people ark hunt down there. to many DM and volge. :: shrug :: i know i do all my hunting up north across the GGB and im almost ALLWAYS on

Gascan
12-21-2013, 03:57 AM
I play (PC) on an European server and it's quite populated. Especially after school (lol game 18+??) and at the weekends. Sometimes it is hard to get a kill in the sieges and the arkfalls. After 2 a.m the server gets empty. The chat of course is dead, see chat discussion threads. So, concerning the population this game is pretty alive in Europe.

DambandBlast
12-21-2013, 05:09 AM
seige last night 34 people and all ark falls were busy eu server there were loads of players all over the place xbox 360. even at 7am this morning players were on enough to do coop quickly and to do the dlc arkfalls.

Maixx
12-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Lost most of the new dlc crowd, the guys coming back to see what the new DLC added, then left again, happens with most games, especially mmo types, another issue could be a holiday lul.
I still see more players active then before DLC2 released.

Frustration over continuing bugs and the failures at fixing them, combined with new DLC bugs, has driven many away.

Remag Div
12-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Some people (not calling anyone out) need to remember that not everyone is grouped up in the same instance...

Wait, I thought this was patched where Trion made the main world only 2 segments - Bay Area and San Fran? I thought that meant they eliminated "shards", guess not.

As for the state of the game, the console versions are definitely less populated. I'm sure the release of the Xbone and PS4 had an impact. The console versions are also far buggier and run worse, so lots of people just move on when they are not satisfied. This game has been out for awhile now and not much has changed, people get bored.

I'm sure we'll see a boost in population once the premiere of Season 2 of the show airs. I do think the lack of the TV show being on weekly hurts this game.

Blondin
12-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Oh nostalgia... when this game was full, you couldn't go somewhere without meeting lots of ppl, and remember at this time chat was not so crappy so we could even communicate with each others :)

What a mess, it's a shame.

Lasse B
12-21-2013, 06:14 AM
No communication is the death of everything. Marriage, friendship, you name it. Why does Trion think Defiance won't be affected by this? They're hell-bent on slamming Defiance (the game) into the ground. Please just have the decency and not call it "the market wasn't ready for the type of game Defiance was" when you're shutting it down. The market is clearly ready for it, or why else do you think there are still so many players putting up with that many deficiencies? Heck, the market was already ready for that kind of game when NCSoft f'd up Tabula Rasa.

That said, I'm still gonna buy a Season Pass for the DLCs of the upcoming season. If they're still offering Season Passes by then, that is. I don't care whether or not they manage to crank out a specific amount of DLCs. 30 bucks is a steal for a year worth of gaming and I paid more money for other things that turned out to be junk. If Defiance (the game) continues on its set course, it'll always be the one-hour-or-two game you play when you need to scratch a certain itch. Defiance is nothing more, but nothing less either.

Deunan
12-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Wait, I thought this was patched where Trion made the main world only 2 segments - Bay Area and San Fran? I thought that meant they eliminated "shards", guess not.The division into 2 zones had nothing to do with that. It was to further address latency issues for the game console versions of the game. Separate world instances definitely still do exist as I got the into a different one when I was trying to fix the bug where you go to a Siege area and there is no actual Siege by re-logging and ended up in an instance with no Siege at all.

Hughe Manne
12-21-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't get why people keep saying this " the game is dead", where do you play? every time i log on there's tons of people on. most times I'm more annoyed at the number of people running through than anything. sometimes I feel like I'm being followed because every time I go to do something, 5 people run up and start disrupting the area. Even with all the problems this game is very active.

rebtattoo
12-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Been in Defiance from 6 pm pacific until just before 2am pacific, and although most of the arkfalls were neglected, and the seiges weren't heavily populated, ALL the Arkbreaks I went to were crammed full. Remember Arkbreaks are STILL the new big thing, so MOST will be at those and avoid everything else.PS3 NA late night has been pretty busy with the arkbreakers. I haven't bought DLC so try to stay away unless one of my clan mates drops a spike and asks me to join.

I did see several other ppl running around as I was finishing all of SF side missions last night. Had to call it a night when the final Nim battle glitched on me when he was almost dead. Reckon, I'll try again tonight.

TheButcherPete
12-21-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure why Arkbreaks are so popular. Half the time I attend a minor, by the end of the "mission" I'm facing 9 Elite Bombers at once, and it's nearly ****ing impossible to dodge all of their bombs.

The Warmaster isn't fun to fight, it's the same thing over and over. We can't influence it at all, we can't piss it off, so it goes berserk and then rests etc.

It's the same static movements, same drooling idiots kissing the floor waiting for a rez, the name of the game is DPS in that chamber. It has no room for anything else, and I feel as though that is a design flaw.

skepticck
12-21-2013, 12:31 PM
It's not dead yet, there is still quite a few people playing, of course the map being so small keeps players more concentrated so it seems that there is more people playing that there really is, also with the free trial and the fact that the game is now almost free brings some new players, doesn't mean they will stay for long.

Still lets be realists, with the way things are going and with the less than stellar DlC's content/features quality and quantity so far and some very big games coming in 2014 chances that this game will survive past 2014 are at best very slim unless of course the remaining DLCs are absolutely amazing, bug free and content and feature packed :rolleyes: right...