PDA

View Full Version : Xbox questions

UndeadReaper
01-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I am hoping to have a few questions regarding Defiance for Xbox answered. I did use the search but did not find anything regarding these questions. Since most xbox games only have 6-8 player parties can we expect 6-8 or possible more as a party to complete missions/raids/etc. If it is more than 8 will we be able to voice chat with everyone at the same time. When can we expect an achievement list come out. I know there is a whole community at X360A.com waiting for the list? Thanks for any info on these and sorry for asking possible dumb questions. GT: UndeadReaper

shuckydarns
01-25-2013, 07:31 PM
From what has been said in the past, groups consist of no more than four people. Hopefully a dev can answer your achievement question soon. Also, I wouldn't consider any of your questions dumb!

Welcome to the forums!

UndeadReaper
01-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks for replying. Hopefully we can get more that four for a group. If not at release hopefully in an title update. I would have to say 4 is kind of lame for an MMO but that is my opinion. Can not wait for this to release.

DuoMaxwell007
01-25-2013, 08:22 PM
4 players in a group? and this is supposed to be an MMO? umm what about raids?

DefiantFury
01-25-2013, 08:25 PM
I hope there will be in game voice chat since the 360 party chat can only support 8 players currently. However, Microsoft bought Skype so an expansion could be in the near future.

Myll_Erik
01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
For clarity - this is a full open world with a boatload (technical term - google it) of people.

If you're referring to Xbox Live Parties - those are groups outside of the game that we can't control. Within the world of Defiance you'll be playing with a lot more than 4 or 8 players.

UndeadReaper
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
For clarity - this is a full open world with a boatload (technical term - google it) of people.

If you're referring to Xbox Live Parties - those are groups outside of the game that we can't control. Within the world of Defiance you'll be playing with a lot more than 4 or 8 players.

I am asking how many people will be able to join a group and do a raid/mission together?

UndeadReaper
01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
This goes for all platforms. When is this going to get a ton of advertisement. We are 3 months from release (gamestop list 30 april) and I have not seen alot of advertisement for this. I only found out about it 3 weeks ago and I consider myself a avid gamer. Also only 1 person on my Xbox friends list had heard of it until I started telling them about it. I know gamestop employees do not know alot but the 3 I talked to had a display up but could not tell me anything about it. Also facebook page only has 53k likes and this is coming out for 3 platforms and a t.v. show I would think it would have a lot more. I am paying 150 for the ultimate edition and I do not mind paying that but I do not want to see the community to disappear after the 1st month on console.

SteelPaladin
01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
the hype machine seems to be rolling on SyFY itself, but i havent seen much outside of that myself.

UndeadReaper
01-25-2013, 09:15 PM
the hype machine seems to be rolling on SyFY itself, but i havent seen much outside of that myself.

And SyFy is owned by NBCUniversal/Comcast so it could easily be hyped way more that it currently is.

Kaoslion
02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
They are hyping it but trying to keep the Lore hidden for the show. Because that is the selling point for the show is to get you to tune into it and watch it.