PDA

View Full Version : Major inventory issues and bugs

Wunjo
12-21-2013, 06:00 PM
I thought I was perfectly clear that I did not salvage these items and there is an issue that needed to be addressed.

Having used courtesy and direct communication to resolve my issue and failed I now feel it necessary to bring my issue to the public forum. I know there are others that are having items disappearing and reappearing at random from their inventory. Perhaps if we all list them here together Trion will be able to admit to themselves (even if they never do to us) there is an issue with the new system.

Wunjo
PS3 NA

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. To access your question from our support site, (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/1937483/track/AvMnxQppDv8S%7ETgfGmwc%7EyJWc28K%7ES75Mv9i%7Ezj%7E PP_r)-------
Subject

[Wunjo] : While setting my favorites and clean ou...

Response By Email (GM A------) (12/20/2013 08:34 PM)
Hello Ark Hunter,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your accidentally salvaged item in Defiance.

I apologize for any frustration this issue has caused. Unfortunately, we do not assist with restoring salvaged items. If you would like to learn more about our policies regarding this matter, please visit the following support site link:

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80/track/AvMnxQppDv8S~TgfGmwc~yJWc28K~S75Mv9i~zj~PP_r (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80/track/AvMnxQppDv8S%7ETgfGmwc%7EyJWc28K%7ES75Mv9i%7Ezj%7E PP_r).

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 131214-000112.

Sincerely,

GM A------
Trion Worlds Inc.
Customer By CSS Web (---) (12/19/2013 04:06 PM)
Perhaps I failed to communicate as clearly as I had intended concerning my issue.

Please allow me to do so now.

This is not a case of me accidentally breaking down an item I wanted.

I was doing inventory maintenance on my character, which included setting up favorite items.

I selected a single item that was of no use to me and selected it for salvage (pressing triangle) and confirmed it as I've done countless times before. However after pressing X to confirm, this time my inventory shuffled and as I scrolled down to continue the process it became apparent that many, but not all, of my items were gone.

I am surprised to be left with the impression that the presumption is I made a decision after which I regretted making. Therefore, my issue required little more attention then to reference a "policy", pat me on my head, and tell me to be more careful.

If Trion could stand on firm and defensible ground that it’s product along with the subsequent updates have be issue and glitch free I might be better able to comprehend this position. As I am sure we can both agree this neither has nor is the actuality. Instead Defiance has struggled continuously from launch. Each update, from the consumer's prospective, has been wrought with additional issues while offering little resolution to the major recurring issues which are occurring universally.

Returning to the topic of the new inventory system, there are issues with the system. The most common of which is that items which have been marked as favorite lose their favored status randomly. This again leaves me with little confidence that solely through my own actions my inventory items were lost.

In your response to my support request you defended your position by stating there is a confirmation prompt and I should use that prompt as an opportunity to reflect on the choice I am about to make and act accordingly. I would first like to point out that the prompt in now way specifically references which item is being processed. Additionally, I feel the new batch inventory system was poorly implemented. Whenever you implement a new system with major consequences I believe you owe your customers extra precautions. To that end I believe there should have been an option in settings that defaulted to off for batch inventory management. I would then have had to make a conscious decision and take specific action to enable this system. The very act of enabling the feature would then infer I know the consequences and except them willingly. I would also have provided the extra courtesy of making the batch inventory management popup look dramatically different from the single item popup further insuring there was no confusion. Lastly the simple addition of a second “Are you REALLY sure you want to break down multiple items” confirmation popup would have further delineated between the two.

I am receptive to continuing our dialog as we work towards a mutually acceptable resolution.

Thank You,

--- (Wunjo)

P.S. Your website should really not underline in red "Trion" marking it as a misspelled word.
Response By Email (GM A------) (12/17/2013 03:46 AM)
Hello Ark Hunter,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your accidentally salvaged item in Defiance.

At this time, we are unable to provide assistance with your request. Upon attempting to remove mods or salvage a weapon, you are presented with a prompt asking if you are certain that you'd like to take this action. Please use this prompt as your opportunity to ensure that you would really like to breakdown the item in question. For additional information about our policies regarding item restorations, please review the information found on our support site using the link below.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80/track/AvMnxQppDv8S~TgfGmwc~yJWc28K~S75Mv9i~zj~PP_r (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80/track/AvMnxQppDv8S%7ETgfGmwc%7EyJWc28K%7ES75Mv9i%7Ezj%7E PP_r).

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 131214-000112.

Sincerely,

GM A------
Trion Worlds Inc.
Customer By (------) (12/13/2013 07:37 PM)
While setting my favorites and clean out my inventory most of my items disappeared
Question Reference # 131214-000112

Date Created: 12/13/2013 07:37 PM
Date Last Updated: 12/20/2013 08:34 PM

[---001:004680:23551---]

GridSufer
12-21-2013, 06:14 PM
(Live feed fans anyone?)
Night Bot go home! You're drunk!

My advise is to keep doing tickets on a semi regular basis until someone talks to you? (Keeping in mind we have just hit Christmas season, you may be trying a while)