PDA

View Full Version : Just had one of those "aw f***" moments...

xJdKxZomBiE
12-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Okay, so I'm standing there going through inventory after doing a arkbreak, come out and see the "claimable items" jabber.

Go into the store tab, RB over, 7 grenades.....7. I also notice in that tab, a mass breakdown option. Hmm, interesting, I select it, it asks me :Are you sure you wish to break down 35 items?: I go back, count the items, 7x5=35, okay sweet, I must be able to break down these excess grenades because they are never going to get used, and are lower rarity than the ones in my inventory currently.

So I say yes to mass breakdown in the claim items tab. It broke down 35 items alright.

All my stuff not equipped in my ****ing inventory tab.

Legendaries that I was collecting mods for? Gone.

Good mods? Gone.

Extra weapons? Gone.

My Volge weapons from the Arkbreaker DLC? Gone.

********......I would say yes, I suppose it's partially my fault, but the warning box never said a ******* thing about breaking everything down outside of the Claim items tab.....

I opened a support ticket, but I suppose I'll get all chatty with Trion customer support around 8 am or so, and see if they can return at least my legendary stuff and my t3 mods.....I stopped playing immediately, after face palming several times, and the select usage of choice words. So hopefully their logs for my account are nice and fresh, and they can return some stuff.

O_o Bullcrap....

WhiteF8ng
12-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Now THAT is a bug. The Mass Breakdown button shouldn't even be active in the claims section.

GridSufer
12-22-2013, 02:35 AM
Now THAT is a bug. The Mass Breakdown button shouldn't even be active in the claims section.

Yup, file a ticket to a GM and add this story to bug reports :)

Dark Book
12-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Your the third person i have heard geting by that stupid option they should remove mas breakdown button its just bad news

GridSufer
12-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Your the third person i have heard geting by that stupid option they should remove mas breakdown button its just bad news

They most likely added it after someone complained about how long it took to break down everything...

Although I favourite my items, I'm not touching the big red button..

Slow and steady often wins the race....
Unless you're in a car or against the Warmaster...

crash test dummie
12-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Either that or make it so it pops a window with a list of the items it's going to break down......but I fear that may be waaaaaayyy above their current programming skills.

Almiel
12-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Sorry about your loss.

FYI, it doesn't matter that those grenades were lower rarity than your current grenade. They will just refill them. E.G. I have all purple rarities and when I use up one type I go into my claims and grab one from there, regardless of color. I still have my purple rarity. Because of this I'm much more liberal with my grenade usage now.

GridSufer
12-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Sorry about your loss.

FYI, it doesn't matter that those grenades were lower rarity than your current grenade. They will just refill them. E.G. I have all purple rarities and when I use up one type I go into my claims and grab one from there, regardless of color. I still have my purple rarity. Because of this I'm much more liberal with my grenade usage now.

I was too scared to test this...

So thank you for confirming it!

Grenade spam shall begin!

Calysia
12-22-2013, 09:58 AM
They most likely added it after someone complained about how long it took to break down everything...

Although I favourite my items, I'm not touching the big red button..

Slow and steady often wins the race....
Unless you're in a car or against the Warmaster...

Lot's of people asked for it but it's implementation is very, very poor. You should have to select the items you want to breakdown and then do a mass breakdown...having favourites would be extra security and ease of use.

Deunan
12-22-2013, 01:06 PM
On the PC version of the game there is no breakdown option in the Claims section of the store, mass or otherwise. The only options are to claim an item or to exit the menu. Mass breakdown only appears in the inventory screen. It will breakdown all your items that aren't marked as favorites. The first thing I did after the update patch for DLC2 was mark all the stuff I want to keep as a favorite. Players have been reporting that items are being unmarked as favorite but I haven't encountered that yet. It will randomly mark consumables as favorite though. I always scroll down and review everything that isn't marked as favorite before ever hitting the button and I haven't had any unwanted inventory loss yet and I've used the button dozens if not hundreds of times already.

EDIT: Also 7 stacks of grenades count as 7 items not 35 items. If you were really in the Claims session and there was a mass breakdown button it would have sent a message asking if you wanted to destroy 7 items for xxxx salvage.

rebtattoo
12-22-2013, 01:10 PM
On the PC version of the game there is no breakdown option in the Claims section of the store, mass or otherwise. The only options are to claim an item or to exit the menu. Mass breakdown only appears in the inventory screen. It will breakdown all your items that aren't marked as favorites. The first thing I did after the update patch for DLC2 was mark all the stuff I want to keep as a favorite. Players have been reporting that items are being unmarked as favorite but I haven't encountered that yet. It will randomly mark consumables as favorite though. I always scroll down and review everything that isn't marked as favorite before ever hitting the button and I haven't had any unwanted inventory loss yet and I've used the button dozens if not hundreds of times already.

EDIT: Also 7 stacks of grenades count as 7 items not 35 items. If you were really in the Claims session and there was a mass breakdown button it would have sent a message asking if you wanted to destroy 7 items for xxxx salvage.This is what I'm experiencing on PS3 also. No mass breakdown option in claims.

Mudturtle Jones
12-22-2013, 02:26 PM
I think the problem with things getting unfavorited is caused by the change in the compare function. It used to be that you would press right on the d-pad to compare and then left to stop compare. Now you press right to compare but if you hit left you toggle the favorite icon.

xJdKxZomBiE
12-22-2013, 02:46 PM

EDIT: Also 7 stacks of grenades count as 7 items not 35 items. If you were really in the Claims session and there was a mass breakdown button it would have sent a message asking if you wanted to destroy 7 items for xxxx salvage.

Yes, 7x5=35, but it was very late, and I was very tired and totally noobed the count. I counted each individual grenade instead of each stack of 5 as 1.

I did get ahold of GM Oberlon ( thank you again ) who escalated this to Tier 2 customer support and at least was able to restore my legendary FRC and my Top notch Frontier Rifle of which both were attached with their respective synergy mods. They could only restore 2 items, but it's certainly better than nothing.

But all of those t3 mods I was hoarding.....

Such mod
Many gone.
Much Sad.

zombiekitty
12-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Exactly what happened to me-- last week, I think it was. The GM I spoke with in live chat was only able to restore two of my weapons, since it was a "Salvage Matrix" issue. I guess that meant it was my fault. Now here I am seeing it happen to more and more people.. ah, well. Hopefully if more people report it (Please do), they'll fix it so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

The Lady
12-22-2013, 03:26 PM
The other day I went to a vendor to sell my battle rifle. The game was laggy, and it froze right after I hit x. The gun didn't sell so I hit x again, still nothing. Tried to exit, but it was froze. After a minute it poped up and said are you sure and then boom, whole inventory gone all I had left was what was equipped. I was able to but back some things.

Infinity Eagle
12-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Have heard of several people getting hit by this same thing. They need to make a undo option for the mass breakdown, or this will keep happening.

Atticus Batman
12-22-2013, 09:50 PM
The other day I went to a vendor to sell my battle rifle. The game was laggy, and it froze right after I hit x. The gun didn't sell so I hit x again, still nothing. Tried to exit, but it was froze. After a minute it poped up and said are you sure and then boom, whole inventory gone all I had left was what was equipped. I was able to but back some things.

Remember the vendor's buy back part holds the last 10 items you sold to a vendor. So if you accidently sale items, you can only buy them back if they were one of the last 10 that you sold.

Mike Chone
12-23-2013, 02:28 AM

I believe it should stay, but there should be an undo button if you have the ark salvage still to do it.

Remag Div
12-23-2013, 02:29 AM
I noticed that you can either sell everything or one at a time. Is there a way to like check off a list of what you want to sell, or do you basically have to favorite everything you don't want to sell and go from there? lol

Lasse B
12-26-2013, 10:04 AM
I just found out how to replicate this bug:

(1) Hit "i" to visit your inventory
(2) Hit "F5"
(3) Go to the "Claim Items" section
Et voilá, "Mass Breakdown" button in the "Claims Section".

It doesn't happen every time, but a 50% chance for that bug to show up isn't too shabby. You can get to a 100% chance if you do it like this:
(2)
(3)
(1)
(2)
(3)

crasher
12-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I just found out how to replicate this bug:

(1) Hit "i" to visit your inventory
(2) Hit "F5"
(3) Go to the "Claim Items" section
Et voilá, "Mass Breakdown" button in the "Claims Section".

It doesn't happen every time, but a 50% chance for that bug to show up isn't too shabby. You can get to a 100% chance if you do it like this:
(2)
(3)
(1)
(2)
(3)
THAT is freakin' scary.

I have a G-13 game pad, and remapped a buncha stuff.
Depending on the action on screen, if I'm doing a reload and my finger also brushes/depresses the 'swap weapons' key it'll sometimes trigger a stim. And there's another combination I haven't nailed down yet that will trigger a spike. (Both the combo's are also when I'm using the thumb controlled WASD stick to run and dodge).

Neither spike nor stim keys are anywhere near those combinations on the pad.
Mine is inconvenient, yours hurts to think about, even though I can't imagine randomly mashing those keys I'm sure there's some landmines in everyone's remap.

royal
12-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Lot's of people asked for it but it's implementation is very, very poor. You should have to select the items you want to breakdown and then do a mass breakdown...having favourites would be extra security and ease of use.

You mean like how it works on Borderlands?

It's not complicated to get these things right. Don't reinvent the wheel is not just a cliche.

Like the grenade thing. I don't mind the consumable part. Other of games have that. What they don't have is the silly "and when you run out of one type, you have to manually enter the inventory screen to switch to another."

Should automatically load up the next type when you use up the equipped type. See how Resistance had done it for a good method.

Dex Shakesbeer
12-26-2013, 03:45 PM
I almost cried while reading that:o Well I read somethign about one button that destroys everything that is not "ticked with the star" in your inventory so I am not exactly sure if this is a bug or just not enough info for a new Feature. Oh god I am really sorry for you.

crasher
12-26-2013, 05:35 PM
I almost cried while reading that:o Well I read somethign about one button that destroys everything that is not "ticked with the star" in your inventory so I am not exactly sure if this is a bug or just not enough info for a new Feature. Oh god I am really sorry for you.

1.) They implemented a new UI system that has the 'Nuke everything not checked as favorite' button.
2.) They didn't go with the safest option of checking all the favorite boxes as a default safety mode for us who had no experience with the new UI.
3.) They decided to see how much fun it'd be to let people figure it out for themselves.
4.) Hilarity ensues, if you're the type who has 'Schadenfreude' as a top priority of personal philosophy, as The Devs seem to.

It all makes sense if you just accept the fact that The Game itself, as well as The Devs themselves are among the enemy we have to best in the game.

rebtattoo
12-26-2013, 06:37 PM
We were talking last night and have surmised the best inventory in our opinion would be as follows:

1. All "favorited" weapons, nades, and shields on page 1
2. All "favorited" mods on page 2
Neither of these pages would have the mass breakdown/sell feature
3. All "un-favorite"" on page 3

I would personally like "sub-pages" for different class weapons, but think that is asking a tad much from certain dev teams.

xJdKxZomBiE
12-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Not that I'm stoked it's been replicated ( as I really dont want anyone going through that kinda inventory loss )

They only restored 2 items for me out of 35, and that was a chat GM, Gm Oberlon, someother GM that responded to my ticket pretty much gave me some ******ry about "oh when you are in your inventory, make sure your items were favorited blah blah blah" as in the person didn't even bother reading to understand that I wasn't even IN my frikkin inventory.

I can say, that since my inventory was christmas cleaned by this buggy mass breakdown tomfoolery, I have been getting amazing drops, like blues instead of greens....that makes up for it right? RIGHT?

I don't understand why they wouldnt have a junk folder so to speak, like many, many games have. Like Dragon Age for a good example, and perhaps a pop up, that appears to warn you if any blue or above rarity are about to be broken down via the mass option. That way instead of simply being able to break down all the crap in your pockets, it can only break down your stuff in the junk box, and warns you with a large pop up if anything is above a certain tier in it.

I still feel pretty stupid about noobing the count though. 7 grenades, 5 each, makes 35......35 items you wish to break down??? Dammit. lol