PDA

View Full Version : Important Clarification on the DLC 2 ArkBreaker Weapons

Overtkill21
12-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Ok Everyone, so there have been a lot of "new" weapons added to the game.

However, I feel it necessary to point out that only 3 of these are actually New Weapons – and you can’t get them in orange apparently (more on that in a second).

A Standard Weapon in Defiance gets:

1. Random rolls
2. Random synergy
3. Random nano

This is the standard.

The only 3 weapons that meet this requirement are the new:

VOT Volge Thunderer Pistol
VOT Volge Typhoon AR
VOT Volge Lightning Rifle

(NONE of the above 3 actual new weapons have been pulled in orange as far as I can tell – again more on that at the end of post)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other weapons added with the DLC are simply "variants" of existing weapons and while they have varying nano & synergy, they break an important rule of Standard Defiance Weapons -- they all have IDENTICAL rolls - they can, however, get different Mastery Rolls - these weapons include:

Typhoon-X AR --- A variant of the VOT Volge Typhoon AR with Mag rolls, 25% speed boost on Explosive kill, etc.
Volge Recon Assault Rifle -- A variant of the VOT Volge Battle Rifle Gun with reload rolls
Castithan Springer -- A variant of the VOT Pulser
Castithan Sweeper -- A variant of the VOT Grind Fragger
Tripleshot Fragger -- A variant of the VOT Auto-Fragger
Zagger -- A variant of the VOT Nano Fragger with all reload rolls
Splitshot -- A variant of the VOT Surge Bolter
Volge Breacher -- A variant of the VOT Fragger
VOT Needler -- A variant of the VOT Tachmag Pulser
Precise Chaos -- A variant of the VOT Longshot Cannon
Monitor Sidearm -- A variant of the VOT Surge Blaster
Quickshot -- A variant of the VOT Blaster - not to be confused with the...
Quickburst Pulser -- A variant of the VOT Disruptor
Votan Flash Rifle -- A variant of the VOT Blast Rifle
Headshot Custom Bolter -- A variant of the VOT Bolter
Proliferator -- A variant of the Invader
Corpse Infector --
Blast Fragger -- A really lame variant of the VOT Nano Fragger
Shield Spanner -- A variant of the Spanner Protector
Castithan Weaver --
Area Suppressor -- A variant of the VOT Auto Lobber
Clusterdrop Detonator -- A variant of the Ground Pounder -- not to be confused with the...
Clustershot Cannon -- A variant of the Mass Cannon

and there are more...

Now these weapons - that can not vary in their rolls - are dropping like orange flavored candy at Warmaster kills.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on the topic of the actual new weapons and Orange versions -- I believe Trion has left these legendary weapons (VOT Volge Thunderer Pistol, VOT Volge Lightning Rifle, & VOT Volge Typhoon AR) off of the Loot Table like they did with the VOT Volge Battle Rifle Gun when it was first added.

If anyone can prove me wrong then please do.

Storm58
12-23-2013, 10:22 AM
snip

So displeased with this DLC... *sigh*

Overtkill21
12-23-2013, 01:49 PM
So anyone else think we have another case of "Whoops left them off the loot table."?

Alexri
12-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Next time you decide to steal info from another thread, you might want to do a better job at stealing the right info. This post contains both misinformation and lacks important information all in one go. Nice job! Hard to fail that badly at copying

Noobshank
12-23-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm convinced they've left OJ off the warmaster in general. Finishing first on kills should guarantee an OJ by golly...

bigdawg21180
12-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I am beginning to think so as well. As many times as I have been apart of/heard about getting legendaries from defeating it makes me think it. Even it being RNG u would still think that u would hear about at least 1 person between the 3 platforms. But clearly that's not the case...

Lillith Valerian
12-23-2013, 02:04 PM
It confirms what I suspected. In actuality, we got only three new weapons, and a lot of others that had the skin copy/pasted and renamed. I thought that maybe the Zagger a Clan brother gave me was a neat find, until realizing that they all have the same bonus rolls. And for sawed-offs, once reload exceeds fire rate, it seems to become a moot point, and have no effect. As for the three actual new weapons. I'm a crazy sniper fan. It's all I ever use. And I love the skin of the Lightening. But it's absolutely, positively useless as a weapon.

You line your site, you pull the trigger, and then the energy bolt leaves the barrel. The bad guy who is unaware he's been shot at saunters casually to the building in front of him while the beam travels. He goes inside, makes himself a coffee, and takes a break reading Dark Matter Weekly, while the beam still travels. He gets up, stretches, walks back out to his post and stands there while the beam still travels. Then he casually strolls out of the way, and is missed completely when it arrives. Useless.

It also seems to be bugged when it *does* make contact. Half the time when it impacts (at close range), it explodes right to the center of the opponent, and no damage is done.

crasher
12-23-2013, 03:00 PM
So anyone else think we have another case of "Whoops left them off the loot table."?
More importantly to me, I dunno why we now have a 3rd version of the same weapons, considering the major differences between them could almost completely be covered by a slightly expanded table of tweaked rolls.

But that's just me.

And: What Lillith said.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/images.jpg

xilfxlegion
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
i am pretty sure a couple people were selling orange typhoons in the need/want section

xilfxlegion
12-23-2013, 03:22 PM
now that i think about it, it could have been an orange typhoon x-ar.

viced998
12-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Volge Breacher is another variant of the VOT FRAGGER !

Overtkill21
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
now that i think about it, it could have been an orange typhoon x-ar.

Yeah, I am sure it was sir, though if it was a VOT Volge Typhoon AR then I'd love to see. If you can find someone with one have them take a pic and post. Thanks!

Overtkill21
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Volge Breacher is another variant of the VOT FRAGGER !

Ahh, I may have that one mixed with the Castithan Sweeper. :) Thank you sir.

Overtkill21
12-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Next time you decide to steal info from another thread, you might want to do a better job at stealing the right info. This post contains both misinformation and lacks important information all in one go. Nice job! Hard to fail that badly at copying

I wasn't going to reply to this, since everyone just ignored him, but...

A couple things you should know about me Alexri:

1. I don’t copy anyone else’s posts. I have no need, as an eloquent college graduate, to plagiarize on an internet forum. In fact I’d be extremely reticent to do so since your average forum-goer can’t tell their “your” from their “you’re” from their “yore”.

2. I don’t ever spread misinformation. Quite the contrary in fact, I do my best to illuminate the dark little corners that Trion uses to hide their mistakes. (Such as Trion adding a deluge of “variant” non-unique legendaries to hide the fact that the actual new legendaries are not in game.)

3. I don’t take kindly to rude little noobs who think they know better than I, especially when you have demonstrated that you don’t. I was the one to enlighten you as to the various Volge AR’s added with the DLC on your “No Legendary Thunderer” thread. (The one that I think you are referencing when you say I “stole” info.) What info did I steal exactly? You provided zero information on that thread. In fact the most substantive posts on that thread of yours are my own.

4. The folks on this forum have seen over THREE THOUSAND of my posts – not one of them plagiarized, not one of them out to spread misinformation or lacking in the hard facts.

You’ll notice how no one even acknowledged your little rant? It's because no one gives your accusation any credence, least of all me.

(Oh and one small thing, I actually did copy the original post – from my own original post in the PS3 Trade Forum. LOL)

Overtkill21
12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
I do highly suspect the new weapons are not on the loot table - just as we all experienced before - so does anyone think they'll just take our word for it this time and check it out instead of giving us their standard "No we're sure they were added." answer?

Alexri
12-24-2013, 05:06 AM
EDIT: My mistake, misunderstood the wording in the post

bigdawg21180
12-24-2013, 05:55 AM
So not only did you in fact not inform me about anything, but that post that you apparently didn't read also contains the information that is wrong here: of course there is a legendary Typhoon X, how on earth have you not seen one by now? By god, even if you haven't seen one in-game, I'd really expect someone that posts matter-of-fact posts like these to bother checking the trade forums beforehand. You replied to a post that confirmed its existence and then made a separate thread stating it doesn't exist.

He's not saying he hasn't seen a legendary Typhoon X. He is saying that nobody has seen a legendary VOT Volge Typhoon Rifle. Unless I totally read it wrong

Alexri
12-24-2013, 07:06 AM
He's not saying he hasn't seen a legendary Typhoon X. He is saying that nobody has seen a legendary VOT Volge Typhoon Rifle. Unless I totally read it wrong

Ah you're right, my apologies, I misunderstood the post

Alexri
12-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Back to the topic at hand then, it's important to point out that named variants are not identical to their counterparts. The short item description sometimes hints at the difference, but the weapons I've seen so far differ in more ways than one from the original. Quickshot Blasters for instance have higher fire rate, damage, and lower reload than VOT Blasters.

GridSufer
12-24-2013, 07:21 AM
I do highly suspect the new weapons are not on the loot table - just as we all experienced before - so does anyone think they'll just take our word for it this time and check it out instead of giving us their standard "No we're sure they were added." answer?

I think the reply will ultimately boil down to one word... An infinitely timed and very vague: 'Soon.'

bigdawg21180
12-24-2013, 09:36 AM
I think the reply will ultimately boil down to one word... An infinitely timed and very vague: 'Soon.'

Yea although they have a couple weeks to do their homework before the next live stream I have a feeling it will still be a one worded vague answer as well

Overtkill21
12-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Yea although they have a couple weeks to do their homework before the next live stream I have a feeling it will still be a one worded vague answer as well

Yeah, I would hope that this time they'll listen to us...I am 98% convinced that the three new weapons are not on the loot table in orange.

I would love to be wrong and for Trion to be shown as competent....but y'know...

Overtkill21
12-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Back to the topic at hand then, it's important to point out that named variants are not identical to their counterparts. The short item description sometimes hints at the difference, but the weapons I've seen so far differ in more ways than one from the original. Quickshot Blasters for instance have higher fire rate, damage, and lower reload than VOT Blasters.

I have noticed this - another good example would be the Volge Recon Assault Rifle which has a slightly higher base damage than its counterpart - the VOT Volge Battle Rifle Gun. They are still no more than static rolled copies of the other weapons - and you have the potential to outshine all of the boosted stats with random rolls falling your way --

For instance you could pull an Orange VOT Blaster with a DMG roll, Fire Rate roll, and Reload roll and you'd be at or above the level of the Quickshot. Of course - I personally prefer lots of Mag rolls on my Blasters! :)

Alexri
12-24-2013, 03:38 PM
I have noticed this - another good example would be the Volge Recon Assault Rifle which has a slightly higher base damage than its counterpart - the VOT Volge Battle Rifle Gun. They are still no more than static rolled copies of the other weapons - and you have the potential to outshine all of the boosted stats with random rolls falling your way --

For instance you could pull an Orange VOT Blaster with a DMG roll, Fire Rate roll, and Reload roll and you'd be at or above the level of the Quickshot. Of course - I personally prefer lots of Mag rolls on my Blasters! :)

I'm a VOT Blaster fan, and generally love magazine size, but I now use my Quickshot Blasters over my VOT Bllaters - one of which is a legendary syphon vot blaster with cannoneer.

The reason is simple: Quickshot Blasters have higher base damage, much higher base fire rate, and lower reload. Just look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/TthVmuE.jpg (mods are different, but you can still tell. Base dmg on the purple one without mod and mastery is 424)

Also, it's important to point out two other things:
1) Named weapons have different bonuses in specific tiers
2) Non-base bonuses are calculated from base stat, which means you get more out of mods and whatnot with named weapons.

Example:
1) Castithan Springers with at least blue rarity have 1.10 and 1.25 mag bonuses, in the white and blue bonus tiers respectively. On normal Pulsers these two tiers' mag bonuses are 1.10 and 1.15 respectively. 1.25 is only on legendary weapons.
2) Castithan Springers have a base damage of 60. You can find this out easily if you use simple math to calculate backwards from 81 with 0.10 and 1.25 mag bonuses. That means that a high cap mag adds 60*0.50 = 30 bullets, for a total of 111. A normal Pulser has a base mag of 55, so a high cap mag adds 55*0.5 = 27.5 bullets (aka 28). Similarly, 10% fire rate bonus on the above quickshot (courtesy of Veteran) is an additional ~1.58 fire rate, whereas on the orange Blaster's 13 base fire rate it adds 1.3.

DanteYoda
12-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Now these weapons - that can not vary in their rolls - are dropping like orange flavored candy at Warmaster kills.

Uh yeah......no.

Bennyguy
12-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Hi,
Yesterday I received my first Legendary DLC drop (Quick burst Pulser) from the Warmaster. After many instances he finally went down for us. The sad thing is I don't have the DLC....wanted to wait do to my Christmas spending.

Is this weapon any good?

Overtkill21
12-24-2013, 07:15 PM

Uh yeah......no.

5 tonight so far for me.

Overtkill21
12-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi,
Yesterday I received my first Legendary DLC drop (Quick burst Pulser) from the Warmaster. After many instances he finally went down for us. The sad thing is I don't have the DLC....wanted to wait do to my Christmas spending.

Is this weapon any good?

It's a VOT Disruptor - some folks like them. I'm not a fan.