PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster: Breaking the 4 million damage!

Sdric
12-23-2013, 04:03 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img842/5438/lmjf.png
Bigger image: http://imageshack.com/a/img842/5438/lmjf.png

:D

Make sure to check out my videos and tipps!
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?144296-Warmaster-Over-3-million!-It-s-not-him-it-s-you!-series.

inox2980
12-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Soon enough... :D

TriGlav 2000
12-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Sdric, you forgot to mention your clan changed the tactics, so now half the people are shoting right hand and half the back.

IMO, this new tactics is much better.

GridSufer
12-23-2013, 05:16 PM
If you get any better they're going to need to make you a personal 'elite' title :D

Sdric
12-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Sdric, you forgot to mention your clan changed the tactics, so now half the people are shoting right hand and half the back.

IMO, this new tactics is much better.

Yea, we experimented a bit today :D
We were afraid of randoms not joining in - but apparently it's easier to make them shoot the back than the right arm.

It has a big flaw though:
If he uses his laser you can't hit him most of the time.
We lost our (2nd or 3rd?) try because he lasered too often.

The advantage is that his continous bugging in the middle doesn't screw over the whole run - which often destroys the right arm strategy ;)

I guess my main advantage was that it's easy for me to adapt new strategies; meaning I was able to deal damage somebody else would've dealt the damage if he was less confused :P

And thanks Grid!
Would be awesome if they did that, hehe!
But I'ld rather have them give me a semi decent Wolfhound (lol) :p
Mine has only 5.2 crit ^__^

Noobshank
12-24-2013, 07:45 AM
This may be a silly question, but is the crit spot on his back bigger per chance? It sounds like this method would be soooo much safe of a route, provided everyone in the instance would follow suit.

Grats on 4 mil buddy! I wish I still had my gaming PC so I could jump on it with you. Xbox rendering is so limited lol. Me jelly? No...

Sdric
12-24-2013, 08:10 AM
You are right, it is bigger.
Which by the way allows you to hip fire longer abusing the gunslinger perk for increased damage.

For my part, I like this new approach.
However we mustn't forget the 2 main flaws off it.
When he's hanging on the wall there is only a small angle from where you can attack him.
This results in people balling together.
If everybody does this the rockets are guaranteed to wipe half of the team.

The other main flaw, as already mentioned, is him lasering too often - which results in long phases without/with barely any (non explosive) damage, rendering the former most effective weapons absolutely useless.

Kibblehouse
12-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Can we talk about the "shoot the back" strategy? This is the first I have seen it mentioned, if its discussed in other threads point me there.

Is this a tactic that will work best with organized groups, or is it something that can be used by the 'randoms'??

I'm not one of the "millionares" yet, and definitly one of the randoms, just trying to see where best to put the damage I do.

GridSufer
12-24-2013, 08:11 AM
But it's really good to see other tactics being employed and tested :)

Kibblehouse
12-24-2013, 08:12 AM
I was slow, question already answered.

alienstookmybeer
12-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Interesting!

How many breakable sections are there on it's back? And did you notice a larger crit multiplier bonus on the back area vs the arms (like a hulker brain or forge eye)?

Sdric
12-24-2013, 08:28 AM
The back only has 1 section which is quite big.
This means the damage is actually focussed and not splitt within 2 sections like it tends to happen on the arm.

E: corrected typos, typing from a phone - sorry

E2:
Ironically this strategy works best with like 8to 12 premades and a few randoms.
If everybody always went to the back he would fire too many projectiles at that spot.
Randoms make a good diversion.
Though being premade has the advantage that you always can tell the guy who has aggro to run away from the rest.

TripleSixSVK
12-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi
my friend almost beat 5 milion.

http://images.megaupload.cz/Defiance_2013-12-29_23-13-44-65.png