PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement: YOU CAN COMMUNICATE DURING MAJOR ARKFALLS

Arsenic_Touch
12-26-2013, 04:17 AM
There are three things you can do.

You can group someone and group message them, or you can whisper them.
You can also type /team <message> and it will place your message in the team box that everyone in the instance should be able to see, if the chat isn't bugging out. Either way, pay attention to the team chat when doing major arkbreaks and listen to the people that know what they're doing, if they say stop shooting the locks, then stop shooting the locks.

Also, if someone melees you because you're shooting the lock, that means to stop shooting the lock.

Telemachus
12-26-2013, 04:34 AM
I've been stuck with just the clan option when in there ...I'm the only one in the clan.

/tell may work, though abit too time consuming to do dozens of times, that is if you can read each or any nameplate.

Also many players don't see chat or notice it or have the chat update ever.

I never shoot the lock since the 3-4th time. I've been there, in well over 75. Average 1.2 mil, highest 1.9... haven't ever seen it completed. it's the time of day I'm guessing early morning.

Players may do the wrong things on purpose just to spite you...even if they got the idea of reason you were hitting them with a ground pounder or melee them . Actually there is the emote "NO" also. doesn't matter I've noticed, have used that often.

twitch reflex
12-26-2013, 04:36 AM
/team will tell everyone in the instance
I hope people will listen now and wait for more people to start the warmaster.

after you typed in /tell you can just type /r to reply

Telemachus
12-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Cool, didn't know about that.

That the /team was an alternate local chat option.

Good to learn that.

twitch reflex
12-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Cool, didn't know about that.

That the /team was an alternate local chat option.

Good to learn that.
It works in the Warmaster

Telemachus
12-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Thanks, guessing it did since that was what we were talking about =)

Again thanks for the info.

Btw the chat system is broke =) never updates for my character, thinking it doesn't for anyothers have to presume...

Been playing since late beta weekends and grinding out the last bits of ego atm. Just never chat with others, generally more annoying then it's worth the trouble. Different with Core I'm guessing .

WhiteF8ng
12-26-2013, 04:57 AM

You can also type /team <message> and it will place your message in the team box that everyone in the instance should be able to see, if the chat isn't bugging out. Either way, pay attention to the team chat when doing major arkbreaks and listen to the people that know what they're doing, if they say stop shooting the locks, then stop shooting the locks.

Also, if someone melees you because you're shooting the lock, that means to stop shooting the lock.

Did not even think to try the team channel. Good find...

Amack
12-26-2013, 05:04 AM
I entered this thread expecting you to say "Sign Language"... rofl.

Arsenic_Touch
12-26-2013, 04:29 PM
More people need to see this.

ten4
12-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Interesting, good to know. Too bad though, chat really sucks and is buggy as **** so no one will even read it.

rebtattoo
12-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Very informative! Thanks Arsenic. Hopefully we can get the msg. across to ppl about starting early!

Mike Chone
12-26-2013, 06:21 PM

While I agree with the message here, I have serious doubts that this message will ever reach your target audience. The morons I see happily shooting away do so mindlessly like bots regardless what is put in chat, let alone, the forums.

DanteYoda
12-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Which is great and all, if everyone presses enter to actually look at the chat, which no one ever does...

Even if my friends talk to me... 99% of the time unless i press enter i see jack and squat in the chat.

Mike Chone
12-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Which is great and all, if everyone presses enter to actually look at the chat, which no one ever does...

Even if my friends talk to me... 99% of the time unless i press enter i see jack and squat in the chat.

This is why voice should work in ark breaks which it does not (except clan voice).

QipQip
12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Yea I gave it a try in a half a dozen Arkfalls tonight with no luck. It's sort of like typing "hey everybody don't shoot the skitterlings". :(

TANKballs
12-27-2013, 12:16 AM
There really needs to be some way to stop players from shooting the locks. Seems to me that only the highest ranking ego player in the instance should have the ability. Seriously sucks to watch someone blow the locks when 5 peeps are present.

GridSufer
12-27-2013, 01:58 AM
There really needs to be some way to stop players from shooting the locks. Seems to me that only the highest ranking ego player in the instance should have the ability. Seriously sucks to watch someone blow the locks when 5 peeps are present.

Problem is I've seen guys with 3k ego do it, and then pull out Infectors... It's not the EGO, it's the general lack of intelligence...
The people who shoot the locks most likely score 'mentally challenged ' on the IQ charts

Bonehead
12-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Problem is I've seen guys with 3k ego do it, and then pull out Infectors... It's not the EGO, it's the general lack of intelligence...
The people who shoot the locks most likely score 'mentally challenged ' on the IQ charts

Okay you're kidding right?

GridSufer
12-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Okay you're kidding right?

Nah, they're part of the French clan which does nothing but grief the WM runs....
They BMG each other, crawl around, claim Sdric is a hacker (back when he was hitting 2.5mil)

Bonehead
12-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Nah, they're part of the French clan which does nothing but grief the WM runs....
They BMG each other, crawl around, claim Sdric is a hacker (back when he was hitting 2.5mil)

That's "moment of silence" sad.

GridSufer
12-27-2013, 02:08 AM
I know :(
And talking to them is mostly pointless, they're starting to learn that Infectors suck... But they're adamant Sdrics a hacker and that BMGs and revives are the way to beat WM....

So I don't run majors anymore, not until they fix the group splitting and add a
Clan/Raid options...

Amack
12-27-2013, 06:02 AM
Arsenic, the word sure spread fast! An entire group of 18 pugs stood in the warmaster talking and shooting the shtako while they waited for more... it was a thing of beauty! WAY TO GO!

Subsequently, WM fell to that group with about 1.5 min remaining.