PDA

View Full Version : Would the Defiance Team Please Sticky Information?

Storm58
12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, aren't these forums supposed to be the place to go for news and information? If that is the case, why is there nothing stickied here about the "Holiday Boosts?"

It would take someone a whole 3 minutes to post and sticky the thread... then another 1 minute to remove it at the end of it's usefulness.

I've heard the whole, "check Facebook/Twitter/blah" argument from *certain* people on the Defiance Team, but seriously... these are the forums. Post information. And sticky it.

Bonehead
12-26-2013, 06:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, aren't these forums supposed to be the place to go for news and information? If that is the case, why is there nothing stickied here about the "Holiday Boosts?"

It would take someone a whole 3 minutes to post and sticky the thread... then another 1 minute to remove it at the end of it's usefulness.

I've heard the whole, "check Facebook/Twitter/blah" argument from *certain* people on the Defiance Team, but seriously... these are the forums. Post information. And sticky it.

Making that much sense around here is almost certainly going to get you an infraction Storm.

Storm58
12-27-2013, 07:06 AM
Making that much sense around here is almost certainly going to get you an infraction Storm.

...sorry... I'll tone it down...

dahanese
12-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Honestly? When we sticky things, we get a LOT fewer views and comments. People's eyes glaze over that section and so often miss things that are important.

That being said, we do sticky announcements (we didn't for that one!) but will work on putting up more in the future for you. Don't want you to miss stuff.

GridSufer
12-27-2013, 08:47 AM
You was on holiday (you still are?)
;)

And yup, eyes skin past stickied posts as most people think 'oh same old rules all forums have'

Storm58
12-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Honestly? When we sticky things, we get a LOT fewer views and comments. People's eyes glaze over that section and so often miss things that are important.

That being said, we do sticky announcements (we didn't for that one!) but will work on putting up more in the future for you. Don't want you to miss stuff.

I can understand people "glaze over that section." I typically do because I see the same 2 or 3 things there all the time. However, that shouldn't be a reason for you to not sticky something there. I'm pretty sure some people would notice it and if someone didn't, others would be able to steer people in the right direction.

Anywho, thank you for the response and taking the suggestion into consideration. :)

Sinrise
12-29-2013, 02:35 PM

How about chime in on the top threads? That way maybe people won't feel abandoned. FB, Twitter, etc are all great and thank you for using more social media but the forum should be the primary source of information. As great as social media is, none of them are ubiquitous in the right way. There's way too much going on, especially on FB and Twitter. People come to the forum because it's focused on one thing. Yes, you can go to the Trion or Defiance FB page, or Twitter feed and see all the updates, but for the prompting of important discussion announcing of important updates is much better suited to the discussion board format. The other things should be secondary, and if you want to get really honest, if things were set up properly on your end, automatic. After making a forum post it gets posted everywhere, if the forum isn't the primary, at least set up so that you're only making the announcement in one place and it posts to other areas from there. Any web dev worth their salt could set that up.

Calysia
12-29-2013, 03:56 PM
forum should be the primary source of information.

It's not the primary source of information because most people don't use them. That's why gaming companies use their blog/websites as the primary information source along with Twitter/Facebook.

DanteYoda
12-29-2013, 05:24 PM
It's not the primary source of information because most people don't use them. That's why gaming companies use their blog/websites as the primary information source along with Twitter/Facebook.

Which is a shame because this is all i use, i have no Facebook, twitter and reddit etc and never will, so i miss serious stuff that should be on Forums run by the Game, as it is the games forums.

Calysia
12-29-2013, 06:17 PM
There is a link to the community blog at the top of the forums.

DanteYoda
12-29-2013, 06:37 PM
There is a link to the community blog at the top of the forums.

True i use that, but those horrible social networks i steer clear.

Nauto Unzi
12-29-2013, 06:48 PM
... I think they ignore the forums, especially after a DLC release, they don't want to see all the issues that have been created and they have no answer for them.....

Tsort
12-30-2013, 04:33 AM
Honestly? When we sticky things, we get a LOT fewer views and comments. People's eyes glaze over that section and so often miss things that are important.However, had my eyes "glazed over" a sticky titled "FREE HOLIDAY BOOSTS", I could not possibly have missed the important info. Pretty much self-explanatory. Then I don't really need to either view the actual post or comment.

Conneri
01-02-2014, 01:41 PM
One of the biggest culprits for the "glazing" effect, is that whoever set up the colors for the forum did it backwards. So you want people to notice stickies, but you make the contrast of the text to background worse on them? Oops. Try making the overall background the darker gray of the stickies, then make the normal post background the current lighter gray of the overall, and then make the background of the stickies white. Now all posts 'pop' more (using that word makes me cringe), and stickies have the highest contrast.

N3gativeCr33p
01-02-2014, 02:02 PM
However, had my eyes "glazed over" a sticky titled "FREE HOLIDAY BOOSTS", I could not possibly have missed the important info. Pretty much self-explanatory. Then I don't really need to either view the actual post or comment.

Well said, kind sir or madam!

mr8liner
01-02-2014, 02:40 PM
dahanese, when is the next q&a coming?? there are many question out there that need to be answered. why i got you here, have your guys bring back the orange jakpot lock boxes and teir 4 mods BUT NOT FOR BITS.

N3gativeCr33p
01-03-2014, 06:38 AM
dahanese, when is the next q&a coming??

Once all of that vacation time has run dry, you silly goose. :)