PDA

View Full Version : Collider BMG - When is it available?

Sortiarius
12-26-2013, 11:42 AM
I am asking about the Collider BMG that is sold at the VBI Vendor at Shondu's Consolate.
I have 3 chars, one over 4000 Ego, the other 2 at 1000 and 300.
Only the higher EGO Char shows the Collider as available. The other 2 it isn't even showing as available to buy. I am assuming it is a level issue?
Anyone know when the Collider is available?

Thanks,

Sorti

Sortiarius
12-28-2013, 10:44 AM
I did a little testing with my new characters and here is what I found out to get the Collider BMG from the VBI rep vendor.
I was trying to figure out if it was a level thing, a rep thing or what? So I ran some VBI contracts on my middle level guy and just leveled my lower level. I checked the vendor after each level up or contract.

The Collider BMG costs 100 rep points and 1,630 scrip at the VBI vendor

My middle level character, a Human, has an EGO 1160 with 307 rep currency, and 73k Scrip. He can not purchase the Collider
My low level character, a Castithan, has an EGO 320 with 0 rep currency, and 4,430 Scrip. He does have the option to purchase if he ran a few rep contracts.

So the only difference I see is that the Castithan can purchase the Collider once he hits 300 EGO while the human can not.
It does not appear to be a rep issue as the human has sufficient rep and scrip. The Castithan neither rep or scrip yet obtained the option after he hit 300 EGO.

I will continue leveling the human to see when he has the option to purchase.

I don't know if this is a bug or intended to work this way.

Sorti

Tekrunner
12-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Faction vendors are a big, big mess. Faction weapons at different EGO levels are actually different items, not just the same item with a different EGO tag slapped on it. As a result there are a ton of these items, and keeping them correctly up-to-date is a big pain in the butt. Trick has mentioned plans to improve them with the third DLC. We'll see what happens then.

crasher
12-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Faction vendors are a big, big mess. Faction weapons at different EGO levels are actually different items, not just the same item with a different EGO tag slapped on it. As a result there are a ton of these items, and keeping them correctly up-to-date is a big pain in the butt. Trick has mentioned plans to improve them with the third DLC. We'll see what happens then.
Yes, I'd noticed that faction vendors follow few rules and have an arbitrary system. Some of my friends at E-4K couldn't buy Scavenger nano Pulsars from Soleptor or Prepared carbines/LMGs with bio from TNTW that I had purchased at E-2K with some of my 'toons, and other 'toons saw some of the above at varying EGO lvl too.

It's just an infinitely variable system with few standards. And then when one 'toon buys one with nano, the nano isn't available again for a random time/EGO period on that 'toon.

ColapsN7
12-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Server v Rip
! EU Lagi

TheButcherPete
12-28-2013, 04:47 PM
I am an Irathient male at EGO 2800, I can see the Collider at the faction vendor. Its EGO rating (within the vendor) says 2625

Maixx
12-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I was watching for it on my low E chr and think it shower up between 750 and 1k.

DanteYoda
12-28-2013, 06:25 PM

This is good info i did not know this thank you.

Yes, I'd noticed that faction vendors follow few rules and have an arbitrary system. Some of my friends at E-4K couldn't buy Scavenger nano Pulsars from Soleptor or Prepared carbines/LMGs with bio from TNTW that I had purchased at E-2K with some of my 'toons, and other 'toons saw some of the above at varying EGO lvl too.

It's just an infinitely variable system with few standards. And then when one 'toon buys one with nano, the nano isn't available again for a random time/EGO period on that 'toon.

Same also good infos :)