PDA

View Full Version : Some of my weapons get a DMG buff when I kill something

Tekrunner
12-27-2013, 07:58 AM
See title. Proof (click to make it bigger):

http://i.imgur.com/aoRcErT.jpg (http://imgur.com/aoRcErT)

First three columns are an orange quickburst blaster. Fourth column is a purple canker. Last two columns are the Thorn Liro surge bolter. Overcharge wasn't active on any of these pictures. The buff appears to last a few seconds, and can be stacked several times: right before taking the pic where my blaster shows 950 DMG, I'd just killed a bunch of skitterlings with it.

My perks were:

Regeneration
Overload
Kill or be killed
Pumped Up
Deadly Cascade
Intimidation
Killing Machine
Escape Artist
Gunslinger

This doesn't happen with all my weapons. For example, a different (blue) quickburst pulser didn't do this.
EDIT: Oh and my canker is neither modded nor Quartermaster (its synergy is Rolling Thunder), so that's probably not what's causing this.

Any explanation?

Fuzzle
12-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Are the weapons actually doing the listed damage after the kill? Maybe the extra grenade damage is applying to more than just grenades? They all seem to have that as the purple mod.

Amack
12-27-2013, 09:56 AM
See title. Proof (click to make it bigger):

http://i.imgur.com/aoRcErT.jpg (http://imgur.com/aoRcErT)

First three columns are an orange quickburst blaster. Fourth column is a purple canker. Last two columns are the Thorn Liro surge bolter. Overcharge wasn't active on any of these pictures. The buff appears to last a few seconds, and can be stacked several times: right before taking the pic where my blaster shows 950 DMG, I'd just killed a bunch of skitterlings with it.

My perks were:

Regeneration
Overload
Kill or be killed
Pumped Up
Deadly Cascade
Intimidation
Killing Machine
Escape Artist
Gunslinger

This doesn't happen with all my weapons. For example, a different (blue) quickburst pulser didn't do this.
EDIT: Oh and my canker is neither modded nor Quartermaster (its synergy is Rolling Thunder), so that's probably not what's causing this.

Any explanation?

There is one thing that all those weapons have in common. Start there. If it is a bug, at least what I just said should lead Trion onto the right path, but I refuse to do their work for them on this one.

Tekrunner
12-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Haha, you're right, I looked for a bunch of stuff that they may have in common, but I didn't even notice the purple bonus.

All three weapons did do the damage mentioned on the card. So basically it looks like the +15% DMG bonus after a kill doesn't just apply to grenades...

Can anyone else confirm this with their own weapons?

Amack
12-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Haha, you're right, I looked for a bunch of stuff that they may have in common, but I didn't even notice the purple bonus.

All three weapons did do the damage mentioned on the card. So basically it looks like the +15% DMG bonus after a kill doesn't just apply to grenades...

Can anyone else confirm this with their own weapons?

Ha, I have the absolute perfect weapon to test this with.
However, I am not logged into the game currently as it keeps leaving a bad taste in my mouth for some weird reason.
I apologize about that, but someone will back you up here shortly.

Fuzzle
12-27-2013, 10:12 AM
And it stacks. And here I was thinking that was the worst bonus to get on a gun, but there's some potential fun right there :p

I don't know that I ever would have picked up on that, good eyes Tek.

Amack
12-27-2013, 10:15 AM
And it stacks. And here I was thinking that was the worst bonus to get on a gun, but there's some potential fun right there :p

I don't know that I ever would have picked up on that, good eyes Tek.

I certainly didn't, Tek is good.

GridSufer
12-27-2013, 10:16 AM
I certainly didn't, Tek is good.

That's why we're glad to have him in the Blood Oath Broterhood :)

Fuzzle
12-27-2013, 10:33 AM
I am entertained by this new find XD

http://i.imgur.com/iWb3fs0.jpg

No overcharge, no Dark Matter Arkfall stuffs, no damage spikes.

Amack
12-27-2013, 10:44 AM
I am entertained by this new find XD

http://i.imgur.com/iWb3fs0.jpg

No overcharge, no Dark Matter Arkfall stuffs, no damage spikes.

What could possibly go wrong? Hope you have some protection against your own explosions.

Fuzzle
12-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Who needs protection when you also have overcharge and a damage spike!

http://i.imgur.com/OcyQv2m.jpg

Amack
12-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Oh my lordie... lmao.

Alexri
12-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Sigh, noticed this right after the patch and came to the conclusion the changed purple bonus was responsible. I didn't post anything about it because with the ridiculous amount of game breaking bugs in Defiance, this shouldn't be a priority.

Who's willing to bet that this gets fixed before Warmaster-in-wall glitches?

GridSufer
12-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Sigh, noticed this right after the patch and came to the conclusion the changed purple bonus was responsible. I didn't post anything about it because with the ridiculous amount of game breaking bugs in Defiance, this shouldn't be a priority.

Who's willing to bet that this gets fixed before Warmaster-in-wall glitches?

No-One in their right mind will take that bet, chances are you're right!

Fuzzy
12-27-2013, 11:02 AM
How on Earth did you get a damage this high?
I mean, 6800? I got a FRC Big Boomer with a max damage of 2000 and yours got 6800 without overcharge and without damage buff??
You're kidding us, right?

Fuzzle
12-27-2013, 11:06 AM
I can't say I've thought of too much of the way of game breaking for this, it only lasts 10 seconds. Maybe if people know of a way to make temporary damage buffs more permanent it could be an issue, but there aren't many cases where you can kill 10+ of some critter and turn to shoot something with a ton of HP.

It's just fun to blow up some skitters or scrappers and see your damage numbers spike.

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if there was the first thing fixed after their vacations. Too bad too, because the new bonus as written sucks balls, now that the new grenades suck balls as well. (This boomer was pretty godly once upon a time, when it refreshed grenade cooldowns on a kill. Now it's just a gimmick).

Fuzzle
12-27-2013, 11:07 AM
How on Earth did you get a damage this high?
I mean, 6800? I got a FRC Big Boomer with a max damage of 2000 and yours got 6800 without overcharge and without damage buff??
You're kidding us, right?

It's due to the mechanic in OP's post. It's only that much damage for 10 seconds max. It's cute to see those damage numbers though :p

Amack
12-27-2013, 11:07 AM
You are now free to take out a city block.

GridSufer
12-27-2013, 11:09 AM
I can't say I've thought of too much of the way of game breaking for this, it only lasts 10 seconds. Maybe if people know of a way to make temporary damage buffs more permanent it could be an issue, but there aren't many cases where you can kill 10+ of some critter and turn to shoot something with a ton of HP.

It's just fun to blow up some skitters or scrappers and see your damage numbers spike.

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if there was the first thing fixed after their vacations. Too bad too, because the new bonus as written sucks balls, now that the new grenades suck balls as well. (This boomer was pretty godly once upon a time, when it refreshed grenade cooldowns on a kill. Now it's just a gimmick).

Minor Arkfalls this would be a huge bonus, infected sieges, the Huntmaster major Arkfalls...

I want one now :D

Fuzzle
12-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Doesn't the huntmaster just spawn 2 turret things with him? This would hardly be beneficial for that, no more than overcharge would be (at best).
At minor Arkalls where you have to break the crystals I could see it being of some benefit. Same with infected sieges, since killing the smaller guys would let you kill the big ones a bit quicker.

Best use I've found for it is in Arenas with lots of creatures, makes it easy to kill the golden skitterling while keeping your x10 combo going.

Alexri
12-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Incidentally:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?143013-Major-Ark-Breaks-Simple-Request&p=1346177&viewfull=1#post1346177

One of the bugs I mention in that post is this one. One of.
So Trion could have known about this bug for a good two weeks now if they had wanted to (= acknowledged it, given a timeframe and asked for said list)

maverick07
12-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I didn't catch it until I was soloing a minor Hellbug Extermination and my FRC Assault Carbine was hitting over 1300 DMG per shot without overcharge.

I was flipping out at first, but I noticed you can't really stack it as easy with more people around, but it seems to have no limit on the stacks either (within the 10 sec). Still though a weapon that is also Grenadier and if Grenadier bonuses do the same thing it could get pretty crazy. It's broken for sure. But compared to the Surge Bolter I'd say that is much more broken and OP :).

Alexri
12-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Well it's obvious that this isn't really that big of a deal seeing as though it's taken this long for anyone to post about it, and I doubt many people sat on the info for two weeks like I did. The surge bolter on the other hand got out of hand quickly.

It's a nice idea for a gun bonus though. What if they changed it to eg 3% (for Grenadier synergy: 1% + 2%) and just renamed it? Certainly is much better than the ****tiest of **** bonuses that it normally is. At 3% it's a bonus but it won't break anything no matter what you do. I mean, kill 10 enemies and you have the same damage bonus as radiation for 10 seconds isn't exactly OP. Or just put a cap on it: max 10 stacks.

Fuzzy
12-27-2013, 01:10 PM
It's due to the mechanic in OP's post. It's only that much damage for 10 seconds max. It's cute to see those damage numbers though :p

I was confused :D I didn't read/know that the 15% damage stacked. Now I do. That's a lot of damage you can deal with weapons like this. I never saw that before.

inox2980
12-27-2013, 01:20 PM
^^^ Fuzzy replying to a Fuzzle post.

This is turning into one cuddly thread. *drum roll please -- I'll be here all week*

But I digress, if the 15% stacks, that's pretty interesting..

WhiteF8ng
12-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Well it's obvious that this isn't really that big of a deal seeing as though it's taken this long for anyone to post about it, and I doubt many people sat on the info for two weeks like I did. The surge bolter on the other hand got out of hand quickly.

It's a nice idea for a gun bonus though. What if they changed it to eg 3% (for Grenadier synergy: 1% + 2%) and just renamed it? Certainly is much better than the ****tiest of **** bonuses that it normally is. At 3% it's a bonus but it won't break anything no matter what you do. I mean, kill 10 enemies and you have the same damage bonus as radiation for 10 seconds isn't exactly OP. Or just put a cap on it: max 10 stacks.

you'd be surprised... ;) It would've been a better choice to give us X% chance to generate grenade on kill. Or explosive damage on kill. There could've been some worse ones...

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I didn't catch it until I was soloing a minor Hellbug Extermination and my FRC Assault Carbine was hitting over 1300 DMG per shot without overcharge.

I was flipping out at first, but I noticed you can't really stack it as easy with more people around, but it seems to have no limit on the stacks either (within the 10 sec). Still though a weapon that is also Grenadier and if Grenadier bonuses do the same thing it could get pretty crazy. It's broken for sure. But compared to the Surge Bolter I'd say that is much more broken and OP :).

The jig is up! j/k... Haven't used any of my double grenadier gear since DLC2. I'll have to check them out and see what's what.

Deunan
12-27-2013, 09:29 PM
I am entertained by this new find XDHow did the Max DMG get so high? Is that with stacking?

twitch reflex
12-27-2013, 11:10 PM
This is awesome info.

Fuzzle
12-28-2013, 12:21 AM
How did the Max DMG get so high? Is that with stacking?

Yup, it was killing a ton of scrappers at once. The 24k max damage pic is the stacking + damage spike + overcharge.

Deunan
03-02-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure which update did it but this has been patched. It no longer applies the damage to the weapon's damage.

Critical Errors
03-02-2014, 04:45 PM
I have a pre-patch wolfhound with this epic roll, and it's ridiculously fun to use at arkfalls because of it! It has been brought up last fall, but I never noticed it working until I started playing with my wolfy. One of the best bonuses on a gun, and it wasn't even an intended function.

maverick07
03-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm not sure which update did it but this has been patched. It no longer applies the damage to the weapon's damage.

The 7th Legion update did patch it. I still never bothered to test if the 15% actually worked for grenades now and if it stacks for grenades like it did with the weapons.