PDA

View Full Version : How to: 5000 bolt sniper kill pursuit in a few hours

Alexri
12-28-2013, 11:15 AM
So the pursuit with 5000 bolt action sniper rifle kills has been mocking me for a while now, and I finally got tired of it. After testing a few methods for getting fast kills, I ended up with one that really, really, really works.

First, you need a VOT Volge Lightning Rifle from DLC 2. Preferably one with bonus radius, magazine, reload. Damage and crit not important.

Mod it with the biggest magazine you can find, maybe a damage barrel, but magazine is most important.

Now, go into the first of the Thorn Liro arenas, the Yuke Liro one. With this sniper rifle being an explosive weapon, albeit a bad one, it will blow up hellbugs left and right, and Yuke Liro is full of them (note: yes I did try the scrapper arena, not as good IMO).

Important to note about the Lightning rifle:

Small blast radius, so need to pile stuff up
Very inaccurate when firing from hip, but pretty decent zoomed in

Quickscoping, i.e. zooming and then firing, works much better than hip firing

Charge feature seems to do nothing, please correct me if I'm wrong
Shooting something too close to you has a good chance of killing you, so be careful
Ammo is always a problem, so make sure you have a full reloaded extended mag + 50 reserve for each round
Splash damage can kill even a lot of human trash mobs, and crits are devestating

The round breakdown is as follows:

Round 1: Human trash mobs only, so run around and headshot them or shoot the floor to kill them. They will of course count as kills, but they're not why you're here
Round 2: Lots of tiny shield robots will spawn, so get down to the ground floor and kill stuff until you get piles of robots you can blow up. Decent amount of kills, but nothing too awesome
Round 3: Skitterlings from the start! Walk backwards and use quickscope shots (see above) to lob shots into piles of the things and see the kill confirmations fly :D
Round 4: You vs. a lot of Archers. Just runa round and kill them any way you want
Round 5: A little bit into the round, giant flocks of skitterlings will spawn and come after you. I advise staying on the top circle path, which will make the skitterlings come up the walkways in giant groups that are just pure gold for kills.

I average 250-300 kills per run, and that's with a fairly ****ty Lightning rifle as far as bonuses go. With each run taking about 10 minutes, that basically means that you should be able to do 1500 kills an hour, or way more if you get a good rifle.

http://i.imgur.com/864BXgF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w8G8zn6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wjq9F8G.jpg

Oshduckman
12-28-2013, 01:01 PM
So the pursuit with 5000 bolt action sniper rifle kills has been mocking me for a while now, and I finally got tired of it. After testing a few methods for getting fast kills, I ended up with one that really, really, really works.

First, you need a VOT Volge Lightning Rifle from DLC 2. Preferably one with bonus radius, magazine, reload. Damage and crit not important.

Mod it with the biggest magazine you can find, maybe a damage barrel, but magazine is most important.

Now, go into the first of the Thorn Liro arenas, the Yuke Liro one. With this sniper rifle being an explosive weapon, albeit a bad one, it will blow up hellbugs left and right, and Yuke Liro is full of them (note: yes I did try the scrapper arena, not as good IMO).

Shooting something too close to you has a good chance of killing you, so be careful
Ammo is always a problem, so make sure you have a full reloaded extended mag + 50 reserve for each round
Splash damage can kill even a lot of human trash mobs, and crits are devestating

The round breakdown is as follows:

Round 1: Human trash mobs only, so run around and headshot them or shoot the floor to kill them. They will of course count as kills, but they're not why you're here
Round 2: Lots of tiny shield robots will spawn, so get down to the ground floor and kill stuff until you get piles of robots you can blow up. Decent amount of kills, but nothing too awesome
Round 3: Skitterlings from the start! Walk backwards and use quickscope shots (see above) to lob shots into piles of the things and see the kill confirmations fly :D
Round 4: You vs. a lot of Archers. Just runa round and kill them any way you want
Round 5: A little bit into the round, giant flocks of skitterlings will spawn and come after you. I advise staying on the top circle path, which will make the skitterlings come up the walkways in giant groups that are just pure gold for kills.

I average 250-300 kills per run, and that's with a fairly ****ty Lightning rifle as far as bonuses go. With each run taking about 10 minutes, that basically means that you should be able to do 1500 kills an hour, or way more if you get a good rifle.

http://i.imgur.com/864BXgF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w8G8zn6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wjq9F8G.jpg

thanks for posting this...this is my last thing i need to finish my combat pursuits...halfway there..will try this tonight and finish ...have 2 purple lightning snipers so should be good to go

Odessa
12-31-2013, 08:58 PM
I just did a run and got under 300. It's definitely the way to go as far as kills. Thank you so much for this.

Danke
01-01-2014, 03:25 AM
Try running 2 of them with prepared if you shoot swap shoot its fires faster then you can shoot 1 and you never have to reload, add in the assassins cache (+ammo on crit kill) ammo spikes and ammo thief ( +ammo on melee kill) you wont have any problems

You might also want to try sutro tower, its not quite as fast but you get tons of loot and you never run out of ammo since they drop ammo for you, just farm like you normally would, quick scope and fire will kill all the DM in one shot, if you pop overcharge and a dmg spike with hunters stance you will also get to lvl 20 on sniper rifles VERY VERY fast... but you'll want to collect about 25 lightning rifles unless you like resetting them constantly :)

Punisher Illinois Blue
01-01-2014, 07:40 AM

I am tempted to make a guide for this gun.

The charge makes the projectile alot faster it may also make the projectile smaller and fire straighter.

Alexri
01-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I am tempted to make a guide for this gun.

Please do. It seems fun if you just learn its quirks, but it's also very odd

Sonic7870
01-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Nice guide there, another good place is the freedom crash site for those who have yet to purchase the dlc as there are 3 groups of mutants engaging the e-reps it may take a while though

Raiithe
01-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks for this, I finally have a use for the lightning rifle. As for charging up the the thing i thought it speeds up projectile speed....?

Before this i used the Hotshot near Bolinas smeltery, sadly that only gets you about 50 per run and the rewards are less than arenas.

Not sure if it would matter but decoy might also help for gathering the hellbugs into a group and preventing accidental suicides as well.

Either way it seems that to get the kills for most if not all weapon types quickly that the Arenas are best, so will be doing the same for my LMG, Shotgun/s, and BMG.

soria
01-02-2014, 12:59 PM
as far as i know no weapon xp can be gained from arenas

Deunan
01-02-2014, 01:03 PM
as far as i know no weapon xp can be gained from arenasThis supposedly was fixed with the Arkbreaker update patch. I don't have any DLC releases so I can't confirm it though.

Deunan
01-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Nice guide there, another good place is the freedom crash site for those who have yet to purchase the dlc as there are 3 groups of mutants engaging the e-reps it may take a while thoughYou get no weapon skill xp for killing mutants at the New Freedom Crash Site though.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-09-2014, 10:07 AM
I would like to point out that a very big detail that was not mentioned that i found to help is that you must use two snipers in your loadout and that they both must have 25%stowed weapon clip on kill. I literally did not reload once. I put a tier 2 extended mag so i would shoot my 8 or 9 shots, switch weapons, shoot my 8 or 9 shots on my secondary sniper, switch back to my first sniper and my gun would be completely reloaded thanks to the stowed weapon clip roll. This is key if you want to do this quicker. You probably save yourself a full 20 seconds of reloading per round on the areana which with 5 rounds is for a total of a minute extra of killing.

Other than that your guide here has helped me tremendously