PDA

View Full Version : DLC3 new feature!

TheButcherPete
12-28-2013, 11:41 AM
This is only a half hearted suggestion thread, and more like a rant than anything.

My wish for DLC3 is to have the ability to curbstomp people who are downed.

During the Warmaster fight, you see someone who is constantly downed. CURBSTOMP. ;)

Fighting Volge during an Emergency, and have that annoying female Echelon soldier berating you for leaving her? CURBSTOMP.

Of course, this opens a pandora's box worth of trolling, so we'd need to do something to make a player at least stop for a moment and consider saving you.

Of course, if Trion did this they'd make it a blanket change so you could kill mission NPCs, so actually get it correct this time, Trion.

Sdric
12-28-2013, 11:50 AM
I'ld rather love to loot them!

Yesterday we had a fun chat in teamspeak, annoyed by 5 people crawling around at the Warmaster floor who were to greedy to pay 180scrip and revive themselves, but rather ruin the run for us.

So, I jokingly suggested that one should be able to loot people who refuse to stand up and help their team.
Imagine how fast everybody would be back in combat if it was for somebody to look through their inventory!

The Lady
12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Ya'll do realize that some people get the old critical boot out when they revive in the warmaster. It has happened to me a few times, and when you throw down and spike and after trying twice to get in, getting kicked out on a revive just adds insult to injury. May I ask why you can't take a second to help out your fellow arkhunter?

TheButcherPete
12-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Because most of the time when people go down, it's during the bomb phase, and it's on the first wave.

If I stop to assist them, we both get up and then we both die. You just have to stay mobile, and reviving takes too long.

The Lady
12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
I revive people all the time and don't die doing it, I have also been kicked several times when I have tried to revive myself. I just wait for the wave to stop, and revive those laying around. Still make the top ten most of the time, and have gotten some ok oranges out of it.

DaveyBoy
12-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Why not get them to bite the curb first?

Skullsuku
12-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes there r people that r to cheap to pay, but if I'm still on the floor it's bacause I can't get up[no pun]. And some times when I can't respawn and am dumb enough to press the button a few times trying to respawn I get to pay for all of the times that I pressed the button and the game didn't let me respawn, then it bumps me. This happens quite a bit, and sometimes the only way u can respawn is by the help of an other player[not u of course Pete, since u would curb stomp me]. On the flip side a curb stomp would b fun here and there.

GridSufer
12-28-2013, 03:30 PM
I'ld rather love to loot them!

Yesterday we had a fun chat in teamspeak, annoyed by 5 people crawling around at the Warmaster floor who were to greedy to pay 180scrip and revive themselves, but rather ruin the run for us.

So, I jokingly suggested that one should be able to loot people who refuse to stand up and help their team.
Imagine how fast everybody would be back in combat if it was for somebody to look through their inventory!

I tend to tea bag them if I find myself in the right circumstances...
It would be easier to revive them but ********** it more fun.

Looting then would be so cool.

As for the people defending those who wait for revives in Warmaster, don't blame the people who can beat him, once groups and raid groups and communications get fixed, things wi change, a group of twenty can afford to have two healers (BMG and/or revivers.) however only two can be afforded depending on overall damage output.
Until that time when we can explain to new players to stop reviving someone who is already being revived, if you see someone on the floor, leave them there.
It's just easier for everyone.

rydda
12-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Troin should make it to get a org. Weapon you must have some green points

TheButcherPete
12-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Yep, if I see someone who is down over and over, I teabag them until the monkey comes after me

samuelsinn
12-28-2013, 11:53 PM
i like the warmaster picking people up idea.

anyones left on the ground he grabs them shakes the hell out of them and then throws them agenst the wall at full speed forceing them to insta respawn up top.

that would take care of all the crawlers.

also the loot idea would be funer if there was a world wide PVP channel. no more shadow wars. no more PVP matches just all out chaos on the channel. you can only kill people between ego 3000 and 5000 and you have to be in the ego range to do so. :D that would be nice but back on topic

curb stomping someone was mentioned in an erlyer thread some where else. .

i like teabaging my self.
some one once crawled over to me while in a warmaster battle so i teabaged them. no point picking them up if thay wont exstract its a waist of my DPS when im allready strugeling enough with lag and not being able to see the damn beasty anyway so why waist time picking up a corpse ?

TheButcherPete
12-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Honestly I woke up this morning and wanted to play Gears of War, but I don't have an Xbox anymore...

so curb stomping some floor kisser is the next best thing :DDD

Mike Chone
12-29-2013, 01:09 AM
An actual real solution to this issue is to make the extraction fee for everyone in all cases increase as the timer increases every 3 seconds. Additionally making it so that reviving a player forces that player to pay the reviver 300sc will also give more reason to hit the extract button before 6 seconds.

0 seconds: -150sc
3 seconds: -300sc
6 seconds: -1000sc
9 seconds: -5000sc
12 seconds: -10000sc

That would solve it. And I can't imagine a more epic tea bagging than to take someone's bankroll for being a complete moron.