PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Major Arkbreak disconnects

viperstryke78
12-29-2013, 07:34 AM
It seems like everytime I try to enter into the arkbreak, I get disconnected from the server. I wasted 2 Spike for an arkbreak, and when it was time to go inside, i got booted out after a long loading screen. Tried to go back to it after logging in and it was gone(I'm guessing I was in a different phase from the arkbreak).

Has anyone else had this happen, and is there a way to lessen my chance of getting the "big boot"?

Traxx
12-29-2013, 07:53 AM
Unfortunately it is the norm not the exception especially on the PS3.

vizibledog
12-29-2013, 08:04 AM
I was advised that before going to an Arkbreak never fast travel or go through menus, change loadouts etc. In fact if you have the time once you get to the arkbreak site, quit the game and reboot it. It doesn't always work but I've had a better success rate since trying this.

I definitely think the disconnections are related to fast travelling as the more times I FT the worse the lag gets till I'm booted.

bigdawg21180
12-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately it is the norm not the exception especially on the PS3.

Sad but true. I've gotten in the habit of a fresh reboot before each one I go in. May get lucky on a join friend or go to leader with out it. But if I'm going in on my own dc everytime without it

viperstryke78
12-29-2013, 10:47 AM
So much for the the "server stabilty" updates, I guess.

GridSufer
12-29-2013, 10:54 AM
So much for the the "server stabilty" updates, I guess.

Worked wonders for PC when they first came out...

Fletch32
12-29-2013, 11:27 AM
This this this! Fix.

samuelsinn
12-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Worked wonders for PC when they first came out...

seems us PC users are geting more love then the PS3 users.

not braging. simpathysing.

i dont know how bad this has gotten on PS3 but us over on pc that care do hope that you guys get this fixed soon. otherwise i do see a VARY large drop of players happaning soon .

an idea that comes to mind. if someone hasent mentioned it yet.
try freeing up some of your memory on your PS3 o.o i dont know if it will help but clearing out some of them old unused game saves and stuff might free up just enough memory for defiance to steal some to work a little better ?

just a thought.

i know when a game didnt work on mine. all i had to do was clean up the system and clear out old junk i didnt need anymore. music/game saves/ect

hope it helps u all

Irteip Zeugirdor
12-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Last night...5 attempts to enter a major arkbreak, 5 times I got booted out( of the same Arkbreak). Overall I got booted like 10 times even playing on minor arkfalls.

viperstryke78
12-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Yes, I'm using PS3, I've cleared system cache almost everytime. Since DLC1, the boots have been bad. The server update seemed to help, until Arkbreaker, then it's gotten worse.

Sonic7870
12-29-2013, 03:42 PM
I know what you mean out of the major arkbreaks I've attempted to enter 50 so far only been able to enter 5 since the day of it's arrival without any problems

I was advised that before going to an Arkbreak never fast travel or go through menus, change loadouts etc. In fact if you have the time once you get to the arkbreak site, quit the game and reboot it. It doesn't always work but I've had a better success rate since trying this.

I definitely think the disconnections are related to fast travelling as the more times I FT the worse the lag gets till I'm booted.

That's not a bad idea might try that next time I log in and see how it turns out

Atticus Batman
12-29-2013, 03:47 PM
remember even console are computers. So it is always better to have atleast a gig of free space on your hard drive. That way there is more space for the temporary files to use when the game is running, blah blah blah. I am NOT a tech, so I am sure if you want all the technical jargon somebody here can explain it, but that is pretty much what I got from a tech friend.

viperstryke78
12-29-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm just getting tired of wasting my ark battery(ies) and not getting anything for it.

Krudas
12-29-2013, 04:58 PM
What a waste in two days I have tried twice to bring down a major arkfall only to be disconnected when trying to enter it!! Even worse in the last 12 attempts to get in one I have only managed to enter twice!!!

I do not understand it? Yes this looks like another crappy release from Trion in it's malevolently spirited approach to programming!!

Traxx
12-29-2013, 06:13 PM
They could at least let us know if they have any hope of fixing this or... Have they just given up on fixing it???
What do you say TRION?

Fletch32
12-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Yes, please fix this.

Sonic7870
12-30-2013, 03:05 AM
They could at least let us know if they have any hope of fixing this or... Have they just given up on fixing it???
What do you say TRION?

They are most likely away on xmas break any problems will get answers in the new year

Aquamoogle
12-30-2013, 03:09 AM
This is a problem with XBox just as much apparently as on PS3. I have over 100 gigs free on my xbox hard drive and this doesn't impact performance one bit. Also the random crashes that seem totally unrelated is totally infuriating as well. Normally I top leader boards in every ark fall and ark break fall... Getting DC'd on major ark breaks or freezing to then have my clan tell me they completed it... <sarcasm> Totally awesome.... </sarcasm> Server stability is (I'll admit) slightly better than the day zero server stability but this is still pitiful.

I get games to play them, not to constantly stare at the patching screen and login screen because I'm disconnected more than I'm able to actually play the game if I push into any of the more challenging content.

Arsenic_Touch
12-30-2013, 03:22 AM
It's an issue across all three platforms.

One of the issues is stability, where it boots randomly.
The other issue is where if you enter one instance and leave to join a friend who has a fresh one, you will get kicked from the new one once the previous one finishes. This bug occurred with co-ops in the past and they fixed it. Well it came back with this DLC for arkbreaks and co-ops.

N3gativeCr33p
12-30-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm just getting tired of wasting my ark battery(ies) and not getting anything for it.

Yeah... I have yet to even bother dropping an ark battery because of the newest batch of stability issues.

Manstan
12-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Actually it is SOP for developers to be silent. Doesn't mean they aren't listening just not responding. Just what good would it do to have a dev come on and post they are aware of the issue, doesn't solve the issue and just changes the complaint topic.
As in "do they know this is broke"? to "why haven't they fixed it yet, are the devs just stupid"?
If I were a dev I'd rather be accused of not listening then to be accused of being stupid.

At one time this game had a big issue with no solid cover, enemies were shooting through mountains. Compared to that a few disconnects is almost tolerable; no it isn't something that should be tolerated, just putting some perspective on it.

crasher
12-30-2013, 09:16 AM
They are most likely away on xmas break any problems will get answers in the new year
Patch 1.027 - DLC #1 - Castithan Charge Pack - 8/20/13

USER INTERFACE
* New and much improved chat window!

[This was announced in the hype about DLC-1.
Please notice the date of the DLC-1 release, and compare that to today.
Do we wish to discuss priorities?]

We're still waiting on a resolution to that one, besides: 'Soon'.

I'll write off 'fixes' as 'in the works' until I see them in action, and working correctly as opposed to 'working as designed'.

Manstan
12-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Patch 1.027 - DLC #1 - Castithan Charge Pack - 8/20/13

USER INTERFACE
* New and much improved chat window!

[This was announced in the hype about DLC-1.
Please notice the date of the DLC-1 release, and compare that to today.
Do we wish to discuss priorities?]

We're still waiting on a resolution to that one, besides: 'Soon'.

I'll write off 'fixes' as 'in the works' until I see them in action, and working correctly as opposed to 'working as designed'.

Bob is doing the best he can, but remember he also has to vacuum the floors and answer the phones.

GridSufer
12-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Bob is doing the best he can, but remember he also has to vacuum the floors and answer the phones.
After the cut backs at the office he also has to change the toilet rolls

N3gativeCr33p
12-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Just what good would it do to have a dev come on and post they are aware of the issue, doesn't solve the issue and just changes the complaint topic.

It would be a little peace of mind for their user base, at the very least.

"A little bit of information goes a long way."

GridSufer
12-30-2013, 09:52 AM
It would be a little peace of mind for their user base, at the very least.

"A little bit of information goes a long way."

They gave us a little bit of information...
They said:
'Soon'

N3gativeCr33p
12-30-2013, 09:53 AM
They gave us a little bit of information...
They said:
'Soon'

Now using THAT word is "SOP" for game developers... "soon, soon, soon".

Squall Leonhart
12-30-2013, 09:53 AM

Im glad they planned the release just before they shut the office down lol.

And so glad they fixed the issues before leaving on break!

God, would love to have a job where I could take off for 3 weeks, leave the office closed without addressing or fixing my company's known problems, or even acknowledge them!

I actually cant even fathom it lol, what a breeze of a job

N3gativeCr33p
12-30-2013, 09:55 AM
God, would love to have a job where I could take off for 3 weeks, leave the office closed without addressing or fixing my company's known problems, or even acknowledge them!

Quoted, because this comment completely makes sense.

Manstan
12-30-2013, 10:00 AM
I've alpha and beta tested for quite a few years. I like alpha testing because there is a lot of one on one with the devs.
In betas though you may occasionally have a dev post or respond to a post for clarification, but not much else. You generally wont stumble over them in game lol
Once a game is released though, communications are generally through a forum or community manager.

One of the things I love to, well sort of brag on, was racing against the head of Eutechnyx when I was doing the ACR alpha. And finding out he really didn't drive any better then me, but loved racing games even more.

Now one of the issues with being a community manager on a game forum is the game's forum usually attracts the 10% of the player base that is the most vocal and opinionated. So making any sort of statement is like walking on ice with landmines and carrying nitro ;)

So it is best for them to have all their eggs in one basket before making any announcements.
As many of you can tell I am bad about assuming things, but here I will assume they are well aware of the issue. Players having this sort of problem puts them off the game, meaning less $ coming in. That will always get some ones attention ;)

Irteip Zeugirdor
12-30-2013, 01:00 PM

Yup that's probably what's happening. I'll give them the break. They're also people with families you know. I'm sure this will be fixed by the weekend.

crasher
12-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Yup that's probably what's happening. I'll give them the break. They're also people with families you know. I'm sure this will be fixed by the weekend.

New guys with their hopes and dreams...

They're like puppies.... all cute and innocent..... :)

Irteip Zeugirdor
12-30-2013, 01:23 PM
New guys with their hopes and dreams...

They're like puppies.... all cute and innocent..... :)

May be new to the forums. but not new to the game. and thanks for the puppy quote. I like puppies. = )

Manstan
12-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Isn't that spelled poopies? :D

Irteip Zeugirdor
12-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Isn't that spelled poopies? :D

It's all about perception. If you perceive poopies instead of puppies, well that's your thing = )

Manstan
12-30-2013, 02:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/manleystanley/myattent.jpg

crasher
12-30-2013, 02:37 PM
May be new to the forums. but not new to the game. and thanks for the puppy quote. I like puppies. = )
Wasn't trying to be insulting, but we have accumulated pages of stuff that's broken, and a percentage of that is stuff that was working until they broke it, or patches that fixed stuff that later patches broke again.

Chat was less than stellar to begin with, and was made almost completely useless in a game they tout as 'team and clan oriented'.
It was rendered useless 4 months ago, and they spent those 4 months developing the grenade system nobody wanted and fewer like now.
And the chat is still busted.

But it's ok, cuz they told us they'd fix stuff.

They just never mentioned that the people they were fixing it for haven't learned to eat solid food, or string words into complete sentences, yet.

And yet, 99% of the people on the forum here (me included) play the game because we love the world they created, seemingly more than they do.

Most of us paid to come here.
Many of us paid a lot to come here.
Many of us feel that we'd like to be treated by TRION as if we were welcome here, rather than a bother to the proprietors.

Be that as it may, Welcome to the forums, Good Sir, or Madam.
Happy New Year to you.
I wish you many long hours of good and satisfying enjoyment playing this game. I've had them, and I hope to have more.

Irteip Zeugirdor
12-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Wasn't trying to be insulting, but we have accumulated pages of stuff that's broken, and a percentage of that is stuff that was working until they broke it, or patches that fixed stuff that later patches broke again.

Chat was less than stellar to begin with, and was made almost completely useless in a game they tout as 'team and clan oriented'.
It was rendered useless 4 months ago, and they spent those 4 months developing the grenade system nobody wanted and fewer like now.

They just never mentioned that the people they were fixing it for haven't learned to eat solid food, or string words into complete sentences, yet.

And yet, 99% of the people on the forum here (me included) play the game because we love the world they created, seemingly more than they do.

Many of us feel that we'd like to be treated by TRION as if we were welcome here, rather than a bother to the proprietors.

Happy New Year to you.
I wish you many long hours of good and satisfying enjoyment playing this game. I've had them, and I hope to have more.

Wow!!..That's what I call a Welcome speech. I never treated your post as insulting. Feeling insulted on the internet is soooo 2005. So it's all good. And yes I've read countless of posts of people complaining about everything. But that's kinda the trend in all video game forums. Been involved in one or 2 myself. My story with this game is simple. I watched the series on TV, fell in love with it. So of course wanted to play the game as well. And yes . It gets to a point where it gets so frustrating that the only way to vent those frustrations is to post them here. Been there done that.So I know how this works. My experience with Trion so far has been a little bit less than average in terms of playability,bugs,glitches etc. But I'm just like you. I always come back for more and try to adapt to the somewhat flawed environment of the game. Because it's still fun to play. So thank you for welcoming me into the forums. And I wish you an excellent and happy 2014.

duction
12-30-2013, 04:29 PM
2 words

**** this

Manstan
12-30-2013, 05:42 PM

Happy New Year to you.

Hmm, now why didn't I pay for this and don't intend to.
I thought I saw this for $5 some place, that I might pay lol

I'm a COB; cheap old B, if I pay for something it is well worth it. I've spent around $80 on LOTRO because prior to the latest screw up, er umm, update, it was worth it. This? not so much. The game is nice, I like it, but the issues hack me off to no end and are constant. Crashed my comp again today, till now nothing has ever crashed this comp.Had to drop and pick up a mission 6 times before the popup popuped to scan what I needed to. Run up to it, spin around, walk around, crouch, duck walk, dance around, couldn't get it to popup. Getting memory full errors every hour or so. and and and and. Na, the aggravation far out ways the enjoyment. And I ain't paying for that.

Nauto Unzi
12-30-2013, 05:45 PM
...it's been horrible today on the PSN side, takes time for bad guys to show up, you can see the red flag, even take damage, but you can't do anything about it....the road, hell everything seems to disappear if you drive too fast...are they actually giving us a hint, like they down graded the PSN servers or something....

rebtattoo
12-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Hmm, now why didn't I pay for this and don't intend to.
I thought I saw this for $5 some place, that I might pay lol

I'm a COB; cheap old B, if I pay for something it is well worth it. I've spent around $80 on LOTRO because prior to the latest screw up, er umm, update, it was worth it. This? not so much. The game is nice, I like it, but the issues hack me off to no end and are constant. Crashed my comp again today, till now nothing has ever crashed this comp.Had to drop and pick up a mission 6 times before the popup popuped to scan what I needed to. Run up to it, spin around, walk around, crouch, duck walk, dance around, couldn't get it to popup. Getting memory full errors every hour or so. and and and and. Na, the aggravation far out ways the enjoyment. And I ain't paying for that.I received the game as a gift in July. Have played around 700 hours. Including the price my wife payed for the game, and the bits that I have purchased, it's averaging to around .21 cents an hour. Now, I'm a cheap SOB, but even I can enjoy something for .21 an hour!

DanteYoda
12-30-2013, 07:15 PM
This is strange i've never been Disconnected Loading in on PC (Could it be a ram issue i have 16gb) do get long loading times though..

I do get Randomly booted from Warmaster with a loading screen for no reason? and occasional Game freezes and crashes after i complete the warmaster though.

Manstan
12-30-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm out and uninstalling. Third time this has crashed my comp at exiting game. Not having it, can't believe they are charging people for this shlock, they'd have to pay me to play.

viperstryke78
12-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Today, went to 7 major arkbreaker and only completed 1!

Something need to be done soon.

Traxx
12-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Worst day ever. Denied entrance to 8 Major Arkfalls (Disconnected), then got into 2 and was KICKED out of BOTH. Really SUCKS!!!

viperstryke78
01-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Worst day ever. Denied entrance to 8 Major Arkfalls (Disconnected), then got into 2 and was KICKED out of BOTH. Really SUCKS!!!

Totally right. Keep this thread and other threads like this going. Show them, we need solutions.

viperstryke78
01-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Had time for 2 Major Arkbreaks, this is what I got both times:

http://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1451565_10200929175179159_345139821_n.jpg

crasher
01-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Had time for 2 Major Arkbreaks, this is what I got both times:

http://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1451565_10200929175179159_345139821_n.jpg
I get that several times a day while logging out to swap 'toons.
The other Trion/DEFI account I'm logged into at the same time keeps playing fine, usually on the same computer.

zombiekitty
01-02-2014, 06:11 PM
"Hurry! We don't know how stable this Arkfall is!" No truer words have ever been spoken.

Jadepanther
03-18-2015, 08:30 PM
wow, over a year later....
still crashing on entry over half the time.
tried to enter 2 tonight diconnect, log in, arkfall gone wtf?

WhiteStrike
03-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Please do not post on old threads.Look at the date of the other posts.

Big Jack Shepard
03-19-2015, 02:57 PM

1) Are you a mod?

2) Its a legit complaint.

Bonehead
03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Sadly, the topic is still too relevant to ignore.

EvilAg3nt
03-19-2015, 03:10 PM
still crashing!

Sadly, the topic is still too relevant to ignore.

absolutely is.
i filed a ticket about this,n they said they would look at it.
what worries me is,this has been happening since 2013....and its not Fixed.

SUPREEM
03-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Lol at this

Jadepanther
03-20-2015, 05:55 PM

a) I did a search for "warmaster" this is what came up.
b) I spent money on season pass, and recruit dlc, I'll post in whatever thread I dam well please.
c) TRION, After 4 straight major arkfall disconnects, and its gone so can't get in when relog. I gave you 1 star on psn.
d) From now on everytime I get dumped from major arkfall I will go to a big gaming site, and give you the lowest rating and me telling ppl to NOT waste any money on this buggy crap.

oh yeah, finally got in one this week after fails all week, and went to leave group, and it DUMPED ME OUT WTF!!!!!!

I spent good money on this game I'm getting screwed and its not ok.

EvilAg3nt
03-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Jade,file a Ticket w Trion.
i Promise you that they will respond and take care of you.
we are all going thru the same issues.
what system are you on?
if its xbox,hit me up,i do wm and arks all the time,ill team up w ya.