PDA

View Full Version : If you want to stay Married...

SteelPaladin
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Dont admit to buying a 150 game...you will not like the response unless shes a gamer herself, and then even.

Mr666
01-25-2013, 10:45 PM
My ex spent 200$ on make-up.... something you put on take off and really have nothing to show for it in the end. Maybe a day of confident and sexiness is worth it but I just don't see it and needless to say I don't see her anymore either. Men and women both have flaws

cab0218
01-25-2013, 10:48 PM
It is always best to be honest with the ones you love.

Fiancee
01-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Games are cheap, I like to travel.. You cant even know how jealous my GFs get. :cool:

Talloc
01-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Games are cheap, I like to travel.. You cant even know how jealous my GFs get. :cool:

So... "Fiancee", eh? :P

Jenbuu
01-26-2013, 02:57 AM
try looking at buying the UE when defiance has taken up most of the time you do on the computer and the wife isnt as happy as she ounce was when you started the fan site. ^_^ ill get around it some how lol

Fiancee
01-26-2013, 04:07 AM
So... "Fiancee", eh? :P

Hmm, I suppose I lacked the originality and took it from "deFIANCE".... and it wasnt possible so added one "E" too.

UberNinja
01-26-2013, 04:29 AM
150 divided by time of play. The longer you commit to playing the more you save.

nitroz76
01-26-2013, 05:19 AM
YOU BOUGHT WHAT!?

*later*

Hey, Honey! Look at this $400 purse that I got! And these shoes were on sale for $250!
Instead of paying $300, you get a $50 discount for each purse you buy.

Laughter
01-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Dont admit to buying a 150 game...you will not like the response unless shes a gamer herself, and then even.

Actually, if you break it down to her, which I did with my husband. It becomes more logical to spend $150 on the Ultimate Edition.

I have done some thinking. You spend $90 more comparing from the Standard for $60 and the Ultimate for $150.

That $90: Let's say 5 DLCs are released in the season pass. Let's be safe and asseume they will be a safe $15 per DLC that is $75 right there.

Standard $60 + DLCs $75 = $135

You just paid $15 for all the extra stuff that came with the Ultimate edition. That's a freaking AMAZING DEAL.

But hey let's say each DLC cost $20 and there are 5 of them. YOU JUST SAVED $10 AND GOT A TON OF FREE ****.

Now I in NO way know how many DLCs there will be or the pricing. This is me guessing from previous gaming and assuming each DLC will cost the price of a normal subscription when they release.

I could be totally wrong they could be super cheap or they could be expensive. In the long run I personally think your best finical bet if you seriously plan on playing Defiance for a long time is to go Ultimate.

Edit:

I forget to even factor in the 1200 bits which will most likely be worth $10-$15 and the extra inventory space which will also most likely be a cash shop upgrade.

nitroz76
01-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Actually, if you break it down to her, which I did with my husband. It becomes more logical to spend $150 on the Ultimate Edition.

I have done some thinking. You spend $90 more comparing from the Standard for $60 and the Ultimate for $150.

That $90: Let's say 5 DLCs are released in the season pass. Let's be safe and asseume they will be a safe $15 per DLC that is $75 right there.

You just paid $15 for all the extra stuff that came with the Ultimate edition. That's a freaking AMAZING DEAL.

But hey let's say each DLC cost $20 and there are 5 of them. YOU JUST SAVED $10 AND GOT A TON OF FREE ****.

Now I in NO way know how many DLCs there will be or the pricing. This is me guessing from previous gaming and assuming each DLC will cost the price of a normal subscription when they release.

I could be totally wrong they could be super cheap or they could be expensive. In the long run I personally think your best finical bet if you seriously plan on playing Defiance for a long time is to go Ultimate.

You forgot the in game currency and such.

Laughter
01-26-2013, 05:34 AM
You forgot the in game currency and such.

Oh yeah you're right it comes with in-game currency. I don't know the worth of that.. but bam there you go saving even more money. Oh and not to mention the +5 inventory space that most likely will be a cash shop option.

WarMad2
01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Oh yeah you're right it comes with in-game currency. I don't know the worth of that.. but bam there you go saving even more money. Oh and not to mention the +5 inventory space that most likely will be a cash shop option.

Your right on everything, sepereating it out like that seems to make it worth it. I wish I could drop $150 for it, but Imma have to do like $10 every 2 weeks outta my gas money since my wife just had our 2nd child yesterday afternoon and I will be broke for awhile and NC Medicaid doesnt cover the cost of circumcisions soo. There went my $150.00. :( lol

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Your right on everything, sepereating it out like that seems to make it worth it. I wish I could drop $150 for it, but Imma have to do like $10 every 2 weeks outta my gas money since my wife just had our 2nd child yesterday afternoon and I will be broke for awhile and NC Medicaid doesnt cover the cost of circumcisions soo. There went my $150.00. :( lol
Congrats on the addition to your family, Semper Fidelis Brother!

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 08:26 AM
If the game actually lives up to most of the hype i guess ill actually save money by not having to buy other games :P

IGears
01-26-2013, 08:32 AM

Edit:

I forget to even factor in the 1200 bits which will most likely be worth $10-$15 and the extra inventory space which will also most likely be a cash shop upgrade.

Well i just got it for the bag lol :cool:

Laughter
01-26-2013, 09:07 AM

Congrats to you both! I am 4 months pregnant myself so spoiling myself because i'll have 3 months to play before the baby comes and then my time will be very limited. I'll still play when I can.. but after this game I don't see any more splurges for me.

Totally get the baby thing!

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 09:07 AM
messenger bags are usually waterproof, if its a true messenger bag. So thats kinda cool.

Laughter
01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
messenger bags are usually waterproof, if its a true messenger bag. So thats kinda cool.

I wonder how big it will be?

D351
01-26-2013, 09:13 AM
My g/f decided that if the game was cross-platform we'd have to buy a second copy (her on pc, me on xbox) and play together, but that I'd be forced to come back to Rift. She encouraged me to splurge. I still haven't seen any 100% answers to the cross-platform issue, though I'm presently leaning toward doubt. At least, if there's no cross-platform, I won't be back on Rift... I just don't much care for auto-attacks... that and my pc sucks fairly hard.

IGears
01-26-2013, 09:20 AM
My g/f decided that if the game was cross-platform we'd have to buy a second copy (her on pc, me on xbox) and play together, but that I'd be forced to come back to Rift. She encouraged me to splurge. I still haven't seen any 100% answers to the cross-platform issue, though I'm presently leaning toward doubt. At least, if there's no cross-platform, I won't be back on Rift... I just don't much care for auto-attacks... that and my pc sucks fairly hard.

No Cross-platform play. Just blame Microsoft for being closed minded on things like this.

Viciouz
01-26-2013, 09:41 AM

THIS! +1 :cool:

Viciouz
01-26-2013, 09:43 AM
No Cross-platform play. Just blame Microsoft for being closed minded on things like this.

It wasn't just Microsoft No one could play nice in agreements so they decided to put them on separate servers. At least thats what the panel said at comic con

Covington
01-26-2013, 10:21 AM

LOL! Yeah that would get ugly in this house too.

WarMad2
01-26-2013, 10:21 AM
It wasn't just Microsoft No one could play nice in agreements so they decided to put them on separate servers. At least thats what the panel said at comic con

in the end, it was probably about $$$, and theur takes on it or something like that.

BrownSugar
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
We'd have to watch one another.

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Only time they want us to play together nicely is when its time to pay :)

nitroz76
01-26-2013, 12:50 PM

It's because Microsoft won't allow it. It has to do with them being butthurt about the PS3 and PC not having to pay a membership fee when xbox does. For the 360, you have to pay to be online. For the ps3, it's free. Microsoft doesn't want their paying customers playing with us freeloaders.

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 10:03 PM
isnt the ps3 going to have a premium service that u pay for? im sure the ps4 will have one.

Dolnor
01-27-2013, 12:59 AM
I wonder how big it will be?

http://www.daystarpublishing.org/Green-Defiance-Messenger-Bag.html

LOL

TQQdles™

WarMad2
01-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Congrats to you both! I am 4 months pregnant myself so spoiling myself because i'll have 3 months to play before the baby comes and then my time will be very limited. I'll still play when I can.. but after this game I don't see any more splurges for me.

Totally get the baby thing!

THAT explains a lot right there. You are paying so you can have the coolest looking bags at the hospital for when your there for about 3 days lmao!

nitroz76
01-27-2013, 02:24 AM
isnt the ps3 going to have a premium service that u pay for? im sure the ps4 will have one.

It's called ps+. You pay for it and get a bunch of games for free (as long as your subscription lasts)

Dead_Phoenix
01-27-2013, 07:06 AM
TBF dust514 is techincally cross platform with ps3-pc. So we know Sony will allow it.

Iv heard of many many games being vetoed for cross platform, thanks to microsoft.

As for OP, my fiancee sums up my gaming addiction as being a hell of alot cheaper, sees me hell of alot more, then getting drunk every weekend with my mates. 1 game lasts around 20-30 hours over a good couple of weeks, (exluding multiplayer which adds 40-50 + hours), to put that in perspective £40 for 1 game, vs £20-£30 on a cheap night out. average cheap night out for me lasts around 6-7 hours. So thats roughly £5 an hour, gaming costs £1 an hour. even if i bought the all singing all dancing pack thats still only around £3 an hour. The rest she can use to buy what she wants.

Far worse things in life to be addicted to then gaming :)