PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Grind...

ArkHunter Z
12-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Im about 48/66 935GS on Xbox 360 right now....
I havent attempted many of the PVP achievements, is it just too late to get these now? I have not been able to get into a PvP matchmaking game in a long time...
I get into Shadow Wars pretty quickly because of the low numbers of players needed, I guess.

Am I concerned too little, too late?

what if Trion had a bonus XP/Scrip/Loot event for PvP only? Whould anyone even care about it?

Atticus Batman
12-30-2013, 04:44 PM
I havent attempted many of the PVP achievements, is it just too late to get these now? I have not been able to get into a PvP matchmaking game in a long time...
I get into Shadow Wars pretty quickly because of the low numbers of players needed, I guess.

what if Trion had a bonus XP/Scrip/Loot event for PvP only? Whould anyone even care about it?

I still get into Pvp farely regularly. Instead of picking quick match in the match making, it is better to just pick a match. THe matchmaking overhaul they did in a previous patch has made it worse. using quick match ALWAYS throws you into a sync for the match with the most openings available, instead of using you to help finish up an in-sync match that only needs one more person.

I know most of our clan isn't into the PvP, but some are and some like me, use Pvp for what it was meant to be, a break from the normal land wandering. You could always type a message in clan chat asking if anyone is up for PvP.

After that, it is easier to flood the zone chat with messages asking people to ready up for a specific PvP map. I tend to fast travel to a place in each territory and do so. Even if it is actually just a coincadince that more people readyed up, atleast I feel like it is a proactive approach when I do it, instead of just waiting for 2 hours and wandering the world wishing people would sync up already!

Bleach x360a
12-30-2013, 06:12 PM
It was easy to get the achievements done if you were here since launch but now goodluck

Atticus Batman
12-30-2013, 07:16 PM
It was easy to get the achievements done if you were here since launch but now goodluck

Op wants advice. Not, A " It's your fault for being late to the game" post. Even if you are right about it, that still isn't helpful.

nathanpbutler
12-30-2013, 09:39 PM

I finished up those earlier this semester (sorry, I'm a teacher, so I mark time in semesters), though I don't recall when. I want to say it was just after the first DLC arrived. Right around then, they were tweaking the numbers to launch Shadow Wars versus other competitive matches. It seems that in doing so (and leaving Military Academy unplayable from a technical standpoint, rather than a matchmaking one), it somewhat sucked the life out of PVP - not all, but a significant portion of it.

Understand, though, that even back then, the PVP pursuits were a real grind. I mean, seriously, to get everything PVP-related done in the pursuits, you have to play a total of *50* hours in PVP, and you have to complete enough daily and weekly contracts for Echelon to eventually buy 10 items, which all start at a minimum rep price that is double that of the minimum for the other factions. (In other words, you have to actually get 1000 rep for Echelon to even hope to finish those up, if you only buy the lowest rep-priced items.)

It started out as ridiculous, and I can't imagine how ridiculous it must feel now.

That being said, if you shoot for high volume times like evenings and weekends, take part in a clan that is either active in PVP or active in helping clanmates finish pursuits and thus willing to play PVP to do so, and have great patience (i.e. that of a saint), you *can* still get them done. It will simply be a long, long process.

Think of it in the same vein as the two new social pursuits that were added when the new DLC launched. Months after the game launched, NOW we get two pursuits that rely not on a handful of clan events but on constant, active participation of a large number of clan members doing a little of *everything* (competitive multiplayer included). There's no way to just "knock it out." Those (and the related trophies that require even MORE than the pursuits, such as reaching level 10 in competitive multiplayer as a clan) will simply take time. Patience wins out.

ArkHunter Z
12-30-2013, 10:53 PM
I finished up those earlier this semester (sorry, I'm a teacher, so I mark time in semesters), though I don't recall when. I want to say it was just after the first DLC arrived. Right around then, they were tweaking the numbers to launch Shadow Wars versus other competitive matches. It seems that in doing so (and leaving Military Academy unplayable from a technical standpoint, rather than a matchmaking one), it somewhat sucked the life out of PVP - not all, but a significant portion of it.

Understand, though, that even back then, the PVP pursuits were a real grind. I mean, seriously, to get everything PVP-related done in the pursuits, you have to play a total of *50* hours in PVP, and you have to complete enough daily and weekly contracts for Echelon to eventually buy 10 items, which all start at a minimum rep price that is double that of the minimum for the other factions. (In other words, you have to actually get 1000 rep for Echelon to even hope to finish those up, if you only buy the lowest rep-priced items.)

It started out as ridiculous, and I can't imagine how ridiculous it must feel now.

That being said, if you shoot for high volume times like evenings and weekends, take part in a clan that is either active in PVP or active in helping clanmates finish pursuits and thus willing to play PVP to do so, and have great patience (i.e. that of a saint), you *can* still get them done. It will simply be a long, long process.

Think of it in the same vein as the two new social pursuits that were added when the new DLC launched. Months after the game launched, NOW we get two pursuits that rely not on a handful of clan events but on constant, active participation of a large number of clan members doing a little of *everything* (competitive multiplayer included). There's no way to just "knock it out." Those (and the related trophies that require even MORE than the pursuits, such as reaching level 10 in competitive multiplayer as a clan) will simply take time. Patience wins out.

good post....I think your sig says it all.

ArkHunter Z
12-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Has Trion ever done PvP bonuses?

nathanpbutler
12-30-2013, 11:26 PM
I can't recall them ever doing anything PVP-focused in terms of boosts, promotions, or the like. I mean, you get the XP bonuses and skill bonuses the same as you would in non-PVP play, but obviously the scrip boosts wouldn't really do anything, since you aren't picking up cash in PVP maps.

If they really want to get PVP going heavily again, they desperately need more maps and better balance. Heck, if they just fixed Military Academy, there are plenty of people wanting to try it out when it's actually working correctly.

Tekrunner
12-31-2013, 01:14 AM

Just thought I'd point out that that part is now significantly easier. You can buy grenades for 10 rep at the Echelon vendor, and they count towards the pursuit. So basically you only need 600 rep for the trusted status.

nathanpbutler
12-31-2013, 12:46 PM
just thought i'd point out that that part is now significantly easier. You can buy grenades for 10 rep at the echelon vendor, and they count towards the pursuit. So basically you only need 600 rep for the trusted status.

Son of a...