PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Roadmap? Is there any future for Defiance?

viced998
01-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Hello Community and the Defiance Team,

I want to ask the Defiance Team if there is a Roadmap for 2014. This would be interesting for us all, because I think that a lot of people are angry at the Defiance Team (lack of information). It seems that the Team don't care anymore about this project.
A lot of magazines said that Defiance has a lot of potential, but this far far away from what we see now. But a lot of magazines also said that Defiance was one of the worst MMO 2013. So, please give us some information and make this game awesome.

Dear Defiance Team, you have to react this YEAR or there is no future for Defiance and this will turn the "Defiance fail" as an image damage.

regards,

Viced aka Inilvina aka Vicdeking

PS. I open a seperate Thread, because no one would read that somewhere else in a thread
PPS. To a Teammember. Please answer to this thread and don't delete it. I'm gonna make a picture of this post just for proof reasons.

viced998
01-02-2014, 01:46 PM
This post #2 is a PLACEHOLDER !

QipQip
01-02-2014, 01:52 PM
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/09/13/state-of-the-game-update/

viced998
01-02-2014, 01:55 PM
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/09/13/state-of-the-game-update/
Yeah... this roadmap isn't meaningful. There a lot of other things you have to calculate in, like some bug fixes, etc. pp

rebtattoo
01-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Your response should be here "Soon".

But, rest assured, "It's being worked on."

DaveyBoy
01-03-2014, 05:11 AM
TRION made a big mistake by trying to be both a game and a TV series.
Be one or the other - DO NOT try and be both.

viced998
01-03-2014, 05:45 AM

But that's not the point here. They can do better as they do now and be both.

BJWyler
01-03-2014, 05:47 AM

They aren't both. They are separate entities run by completely separate companies that just happen to take place in the same "world." I think you will find a great many people here think there should be more of a crossover between the two entities and not less.

GridSufer
01-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Your response should be here "Soon".

But, rest assured, "It's being worked on."

Quoted due to the fact it's the funniest, yet most truthful answer you'll get

Escyos
01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
I'd hardly go so far as to call it the worst MMO in 2013. How many signficant MMO's even came out in 2013?

Most people often say that they wasted money etc on the game, which either means that they put way too much importance to money than experience or money is in short supply for them, in which case they shouldn't be buying something that would impact their economic independence so much (seriously, if $50 is going to change your life so much, don't spend it!).

The fact is that we have had no concrete proof that Trion has no interest in this game. They are still running the game, still updating it, still putting out DLC's and still around to talk to us, what little you may think that it. I don't know how it works for video game developers but when you put in hundreds of hours of work on something, you tend to take some pride in it and do not want to see your work simply drift away.

Alexri
01-03-2014, 07:01 AM
According to their twitter accounts both forum managers are now currently on vacation in Mexico, so...yeah....don't expect information coming your way any time soon

N3gativeCr33p
01-03-2014, 07:04 AM
According to their twitter accounts both forum managers are now currently on vacation in Mexico...

Oh, you noticed that too?

crasher
01-03-2014, 07:13 AM
According to their twitter accounts both forum managers are now currently on vacation in Mexico, so...yeah....don't expect information coming your way any time soon
I want to see Proof of Life.

The 'tweets' could very likely just be a smokescreen by the drug cartel/kidnappers to buy more time.

Manstan
01-03-2014, 07:37 AM
I want to see Proof of Life.

The 'tweets' could very likely just be a smokescreen by the drug cartel/kidnappers to buy more time.

LOL that was my first thought as well.

I never check twitter. Not much for social media. Just an outlet for juveniles to be ignorant.
Really, how many people are in jail now for posting their crime on twitter or facebook?

N3gativeCr33p
01-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Really, how many people are in jail now for posting their crime on twitter or facebook?

Only the dumb ones. I would never do such a thing!

viced998
01-03-2014, 09:28 AM
I'd hardly go so far as to call it the worst MMO in 2013. How many signficant MMO's even came out in 2013?

Most people often say that they wasted money etc on the game, which either means that they put way too much importance to money than experience or money is in short supply for them, in which case they shouldn't be buying something that would impact their economic independence so much (seriously, if $50 is going to change your life so much, don't spend it!).

The fact is that we have had no concrete proof that Trion has no interest in this game. They are still running the game, still updating it, still putting out DLC's and still around to talk to us, what little you may think that it. I don't know how it works for video game developers but when you put in hundreds of hours of work on something, you tend to take some pride in it and do not want to see your work simply drift away.

There are Neverwinter, FFXIV, Warface (here in Europe), Path of Exile and all of them are quite in a good shape and always get new (significant) content updates. And what's about Defiance?...

To your 2nd paragraph: You don't know how economy works, do you?

Festival
01-03-2014, 10:12 AM
They aren't both. They are separate entities run by completely separate companies that just happen to take place in the same "world." I think you will find a great many people here think there should be more of a crossover between the two entities and not less.

*raises hand*

I'm definitely a fan of crossover content. Being able to see the game world with very high production values (while the game looks really good, it's obviously not going to look as real as a live action/CGI production made for TV) brings the game to life in my mind. Immersion-enhancing, if you will...

mr8liner
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM
why put up a link that is from september??? did you do that so you can remind us all of what Trion said they would do but never did?

Sdric
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Defiance roadmap: Right into the lamp-post!

N3gativeCr33p
01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
why put up a link that is from september???

Wild guess... it's probably because that's the last time they released a "state of the game" announcement.

Amack
01-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Yes, Defiance has a future... unlike my dog which Trion has already killed.

Yes, they even have a map, unfortunately it is a paper map and stops abruptly at the edges of the paper.

InfamousBrad
01-03-2014, 07:22 PM
I was hoping there would be a partial update on planned future content (since basically everything from the September update is now done) in today's webcast. Psych! Even though the holidays are over, there was no webcast.

We haven't seen any episodic content since, what, July? We haven't seen a state of the game since September. It's also been two weeks since anything went out on the game's Twitter feed. It's also been almost two weeks since anything about the game went out on the Defiance Facebook feed, a group holiday photo that shows only, what, about 50 people? That's not many, spread across four games (this, Rift, Trove, and ArcheAge).

I don't see any evidence that anybody other than maybe Trick Dempsey is still working on Defiance. Evidence of any kind that anybody is still working on adding new content to Defiance would be more reason for hope than they've given us in about a month. SyFy and the actors from the SyFy show posted new cast photos or on-set photos or backstage photos almost every other day during the now-wrapped shooting of season two; before that they released a press release outlining the new characters and overall plot of season 2 of the show. Over here in the game, on the other hand, don't have a single update from a developer, nor even a partial roadmap -- not even one lousy piece of concept art or a one-sentence plotline tease.

Trion needs to give us something, some proof of life, even if it's just excuses and an honest explanation of why things haven't been getting done, but something ... or else they need to just admit that they've given up.

Escyos
01-03-2014, 08:30 PM
There are Neverwinter, FFXIV, Warface (here in Europe), Path of Exile and all of them are quite in a good shape and always get new (significant) content updates. And what's about Defiance?...

The exact intricacies? No. The basics? Yes. And as I said, if spending $50 on a game will seriously impact you being able to pay bills or buy food, you need to reconsider buying in the first place.

DanteYoda
01-03-2014, 08:42 PM

FFXIV was far far worse than Defiance could ever be i played it for just over a month and ended my sub (I paid for 3 months like a fool) and cut my losses...

FFXIV was by far the worse crappy mmo of 2013..give me Defiance over that any day, even in its current state.

Theloststory45
01-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Originally when this game came out, whilst I thought it looked cool I simply didn't think it had the content to intrest me. To be quite frank it looked like a firefall clone that was worse and would require me to spend money. I didn't watch the TV show at all, simply because I already watch falling skies which to me was better, and far more original.

My sister however, was an avid fan. She only had 3 weeks till she left for summer camp but she watched the first 3 eps of defiance and wouldn't shut up about the game, which I believe that's why 3 months later when christmas rolled around, I looked at the steam sale page, and took interest in defiance.
Last saturday I started this trial, I heard great things about how the trial was a very open trial and allowed an actual taste of the game. I played it till monday, and monday I bought the game.
Being honest, the game is great. Is it a bit of a unoriginal concept? a bit. If I was more of a penny pincher I'd simply stick with firefall, but lucky for me im not. With a price like $5(now back to 10) who could say no to buying it to be honest? The game was well worth the 5, and im currently enjoying ark hunting and rolling around on my ATV. Do I see a long future with me constantly playing this game? No. the game's storyline only really lasted until I got sick of killing 700 mutants, and only ever really seeing mutants or hellbugs. Ark falls are cool and all, but they aren't a huge game content. That said, I see a bright future for defiance. Trion worlds is a great devolper, and RIFT is my favorite fantasy mmo. I'm kind of suprised with the lack of trions updates with defiance, whilst i played rift i could always count on devolper updates and such, and this lack of them intrigues me very much.

Now, about the crossover.
I also just watched all of season 1, and it was amazing. Not the worlds best show ever, but very good and it thoroughly entertained me. That said, just from what i've seen of the game, and the show, I don't think this continual crossover is a good idea. The show portrays irisa as some key, with visions and a huge destiny, and the game makes her out to be some twig alien who can't be kept on a leash. Also, I've barley seen hide or hair of nolan, and in the show the duo is almost inseprable. This huge charcter jump quickly makes me feel out of place in this dual world. On the other hands, does anyone have any idea of timelines or such? I mean, this is obviously pre-defiance town.

Vraesh
01-03-2014, 09:09 PM

Your tirade is sheer speculation, and half nonsensical.
If you took your significant other out to dinner and discovered rodent droppings in the main course, I'm sure you'd laugh it off and pay the full bill, as $50 is insignificant to you, since you were going to spend it anyway.
I'm sure the most of the servers/chefs/cooks had some pride in their work, but rodent droppings are rodent droppings.

Escyos
01-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Your tirade is sheer speculation, and half nonsensical.
If you took your significant other out to dinner and discovered rodent droppings in the main course, I'm sure you'd laugh it off and pay the full bill, as $50 is insignificant to you, since you were going to spend it anyway.
I'm sure the most of the servers/chefs/cooks had some pride in their work, but rodent droppings are rodent droppings.

No, if there was something in Defiance that would actually make me stop playing as the rodent droppings would make me stop eating then I would feel cheated. In this analogy your returning a meal because there is a small burn on part of your food.

And by return I mean you hurl the food into the cooks face, call him ******ed and then spend the next 14 months outside the restaurant holding up signs that say "The food is burnt." and "The staff are careless".

Shadow Viper
01-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Nope no future for Defiance untill Trion does something to fix this broken game.

Co-Op Instances are still glitched half the time, it's awesome being thrown into the same bugged instance over and over again.

PVP is pretty much dead, almost no one on the 360 is PVPing aside from Shadow War, no TDM or Capture & Hold matches to be found thanks to the overpowered Surge Bolter ruining PVP. Why not play Shadow War then? Shadow War is the worse of the three PVP options, right now just completely FUBARed and a waste of time.

Emergencies are still bugged, at least one of every 5 emergencies that are encountered on the road will be stuck in one of their phases and impossible to complete.

Arkfalls still glitching out, it's always awesome to clear a minor arkfall only to get no rewards due to the arkfall not completeing properly. Or how about getting kicked out of the new arkfall instances with volge? That's a fun time indeed. Or what about the minor arkfall components in Major Arkfalls glitching out and failing to disappear after being cleared? Which means that Major Arkfall is now impossible to complete.

And don't get me started on the incredibly repetitive, tedious and most times annoying gameplay.

I will be very surprised if anyone is still playing this utterly broken game in 6 months.

Most of the game's major issues should not have made it past beta and they still haven't been fixed in over 6 months.

crash test dummie
01-03-2014, 11:08 PM
If they don't start fixing things in a hurry, the roadmap will be

http://s21.postimg.org/lsi5ofbvp/deadend.png

Manstan
01-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Oh, they still got what? 5 more months till season 2 and the mythical expansion.

Agent_Alpha
01-04-2014, 12:06 AM
I hope that the team at Defiance knows there are those of us that remain hopeful that this dream grows and lasts for at least 7 years, through 7 seasons of TV and possibly movies and more. The undertaking was huge having a game grow along with a show. And as a fan I am glad to be a part of it.

Agent_Alpha
01-04-2014, 12:57 AM
As a fan, besides fixing the bugs we currently deal with, what are some enhancements the developers could add to make the game everything you could ever want to see. I'll start with this wish list:
* First, customizable bases to be placed on the map that can be developed by clans - they can include banks to store weapons, instructors to train skills, and factions to buy the most amazing weapons (Ark Hunters can spend script after completing a set of missions to earn the right to use these bases)
* next, new vehicles and weapons mounts for vehicles - it would be great to see vehicles like motorcycles and even troop transports to carry more than 4 players;
* The use of the team channels so that group leaders can coordinate with other group leaders to undertake special missions or events;
* Also, clan vs. clan adventures - it could work much like a Volge siege but be set so anyone not of the same clan can hurt one another and the clan with the most people on the top of the leader board gets the prize (combined with the clan bases and we have turf wars also;
* Changes to the way EGO works in the game - as it stands now the most common comment about EGO is that its only good for restricting what items players can effectively use and trade, however if EGO could be spent on specialty skills it would be depleted as the skills are purchased and thus giving players a progression track to go beyond Level 5000 or instead of ever reaching it;
* The specialty skills could include things like using enhanced equipment like combat armor, making even more impressive mods to weapons or vehicles, and learning new fighting styles like dual wielding weapons or setting or disarming explosives (which all will bring new new life to PVP)

Anyway, that's my wish list. Tell me what you think and then tell me yours.