PDA

View Full Version : "Where is everybody?"

ege
01-02-2014, 04:15 PM
I cried out in Zone chat, only to hear the sound of my own voice echoing.

But seriously, sometimes there's a lot of people on and doing arkfalls, and then an hour later everyone falls off the face of the earth and I don't see a damn soul outside of the few people sitting around AFK in outposts.

Where does everybody go? Is there any particular area that may be more populated?

crasher
01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I've been doing a lot of full series A-Falls and Minors alone, I know that.

Amack
01-02-2014, 04:20 PM
I cried out in Zone chat, only to hear the sound of my own voice echoing.

But seriously, sometimes there's a lot of people on and doing arkfalls, and then an hour later everyone falls off the face of the earth and I don't see a damn soul outside of the few people sitting around AFK in outposts.

Where does everybody go? Is there any particular area that may be more populated?

There was such a drastic drop in players that now each remaining player has their own personal server...

Fuzzy
01-02-2014, 04:28 PM
There was such a drastic drop in players that now each remaining player has their own personal server...

No, I don't think that's the reason.
Due to the Arkbreakers, almost everybody is in the same phase. It doesn't matter where you enter it. When you enter it from Phase A and another one from Phase B and they get merged together in one Arkbreaker, they all come out in Phase A.
So in Phase A is almost everybody. Then there are some who are still in Phase B or C and there aren't that much players. These are the ones not doing Arkbreakers and sticking to "normal", pre-DLC PvE stuff.
Just jump to someone on your friendlist. Click O (the letter) and you see who is in the same phase as you. When they have a green tick in front of them, they are in your phase, when there is a red cross, they aren't.
Once you are in the same phase as everybody else, you soon will see, that there still are a lot of players.

ten4
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Not many NA players on PC during prime time...it's really dead. Like really really dead.

The server is a ghost town in my prime time where I either have to solo major arkfalls/sieges/etc or do it with at most 10 players. On the rare chance someone opens a WM instance...we are lucky to get 10 people to show up.

Then the clock hits 3 am in the morning and a ton of players suddenly log on; it's insane.

Defiance seems to be quite popular with the Oceanic crowd but not so much in NA.

Amack
01-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Due to the Arkbreakers, almost everybody is in the same phase. It doesn't matter where you enter it. When you enter it from Phase A and another one from Phase B and they get merged together in one Arkbreaker, they all come out in Phase A.
So in Phase A is almost everybody. Then there are some who are still in Phase B or C and there aren't that much players. These are the ones not doing Arkbreakers and sticking to "normal", pre-DLC PvE stuff.
Just jump to someone on your friendlist. Click O (the letter) and you see who is in the same phase as you. When they have a green tick in front of them, they are in your phase, when there is a red cross, they aren't.
Once you are in the same phase as everybody else, you soon will see, that there still are a lot of players.

I am willing to bet you an orange from DLC2 that it is the reason...

ege
01-02-2014, 04:58 PM

I don't think I understand what you're saying here, what are these "phases" you are talking about?

Also, about 5 mins ago some guy came and placed 4 spikes only to call down a WM instance with an empty chamber. What is up with this? I've had a similiar scenario where I help place spikes only to call down a WM that is already active with 80% HP and 30 seconds left on the clock...

crasher
01-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't think I understand what you're saying here, what are these "phases" you are talking about?

Also, about 5 mins ago some guy came and placed 4 spikes only to call down a WM instance with an empty chamber. What is up with this? I've had a similiar scenario where I help place spikes only to call down a WM that is already active with 80% HP and 30 seconds left on the clock...If everyone was in the same phase - We wouldn't be having the discussion about how clans and groups go into an AB together but wind up scattered over several interiors an several timeframes.... you go in at the start and wind up with 2 minutes left on a WM.

derp

ten4
01-02-2014, 05:07 PM
While phasing does contribute to making the world seem empty for sure.

But in reality this game actually is DEAD except in Oceanic time zones.

DanteYoda
01-02-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure i see quite a lot of players at most times?

i'm GMT+10 though (Queensland Aus) I'm not sure why you are not seeing players, i actually joked that an Arkfall must have landed in Iron Demon Ranch yesterday as so many players were in it.

Manstan
01-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I was at a friends watching big bang theory. 2 reruns and the new one :D

Fuzzy
01-02-2014, 07:35 PM

Sorry, I don't know what it's called in English. I hope/think it's the same word.
Not everyone in Defiance is in the same instance at the same time. They see different things on their map. Some have a Hellbug major Arkfall, others have Sieges etc.
I hope that explains it a little bit.

ChaseHammer
01-02-2014, 09:54 PM
i played last weekend and never saw a single person in game. i waited 30 minutes to get a PVP game going with enough people. Its a real shame.

I still dont understand where all the people went. I paid $100 for the CE and now its all for not.

Amack
01-02-2014, 10:01 PM

Well for anyone that has studied physics and relativity, they know "the same object cannot occupy the same space"... what Trion has essentially done here is break the laws of relativity...

hey u
01-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I on PS3 NA and at times it like just me on major arkfalls and the world is dead so I dashboard and restart Defiance again and Seems to put me in a server/world with TONS of people?

Alexri
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
The game is dead. DLC 2 changed things so that twice as many people now fit in the same phase, and I've noticed that EU PC is now often compromised of only one phase server. That really shows how few people actually still play this game, and when you pair that with the behavior that Trion is displaying, I can only conclude that they're trying to get the game to die naturally as fast as possible

Manstan
01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
I was just doing a major arkfall with 30 some odd people, how is that dead?

Amack
01-02-2014, 11:01 PM
They have broken the laws of relativity... and I want them fixed!

Alexri
01-03-2014, 02:15 AM
I was just doing a major arkfall with 30 some odd people, how is that dead?

It's dead if that's a significant portion of the players left on that entire server

skxawng
01-03-2014, 02:16 AM
The game is dead. DLC 2 changed things so that twice as many people now fit in the same phase, and I've noticed that EU PC is now often compromised of only one phase server. That really shows how few people actually still play this game, and when you pair that with the behavior that Trion is displaying, I can only conclude that they're trying to get the game to die naturally as fast as possible

Ah some one else with the inteligence to realise whats going on here. Its the only logical reason as to why trion devs are so reluctant to fix issues brought up by gamers and impliment issues that confound the game further.

duction
01-03-2014, 03:12 AM
If they don't get the next DLC out in the next 3 months then I can see the rest of the dlcs taking at least another year to be released. We will stil be here moaning in a years time lol!

Sente
01-03-2014, 04:32 AM

If they are losing money on the game, it would be more efficient to just simply shut it down. There will always be players that stick around no matter what, especially if you are not forced to pay to stick around.

It is more likely that they do not know how to increase the player population significantly, or have some ideas but cannot get the financial investment needed for it. I am sure they want it to grow and do more work with it, they are just struggling with how to make that happen.

Take for example Anarchy Online, which been around for 12+ years and with really a skeleton crew for many years. The game is cash flow positive, although not by much probably. None of the original developers are around anymore and far from crystal clear how everything works for the devs that work on it - takes a long time for the developers to become proficient with it.
So there are ugly bits that has shown up from time to time when a change is made.
Yet, they continue to keep working on it and people still play it.

N3gativeCr33p
01-03-2014, 06:26 AM
We will stil be here moaning in a years time lol!

Not me... I will have a PS4 by the time my calendar reads January 3, 2015. :)

Manstan
01-03-2014, 07:55 AM
After I finally got a good new computer; I don't want to say how long I ran that Tandy SX, but it didn't have an OS and the floppy disk reader went blind, I quit buying game decks/consoles. My comp does far more then the PS or Xbox, and I can't afford both. My first OS was actually oceanan{?} next was windows 3.
As in nether the PS3/4 or the Xbox360/one can run carrara, hexagon, genetica, XD and XD morpher, PSPX, ect so nether are any use to me.

So the answer to where is every body? On PCs on the US server. And the market Trion needs to concentrate on if they want this game to make it. Consoles and comps are actually two different markets. One of the issues with consoles is generational incompatibility. As in on a PC I can run games built for XP on W8. You can't play Xbox games on the 360, or 360 game on the one. So a new game console means all new games, but for the PC a new OS just means transferring data.

Hell, I can still run FMS; 16 year old flight sim, on this comp with W8.

M0l
01-03-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure i see quite a lot of players at most times?

i'm GMT+10 though (Queensland Aus) I'm not sure why you are not seeing players, i actually joked that an Arkfall must have landed in Iron Demon Ranch yesterday as so many players were in it.

I'm in there now 18:34 GMT on PC EU on my own, not a soul in sight.

Vraesh
01-03-2014, 08:54 PM
There's something seriously f'ed up with their "instances" for the PC servers.
75% of the time when I logon, I'm lucky if I run into other 2 people jumping from fast travel points to any arkfalls, anywhere on the entire map. The other 25%, there's more people than I can count at all events. And yes, these are all during comparable times/days.

Mojavemike
01-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Last night (Friday night prime time on NA PC) Sieges showed up on the map...I went to the Diablo siege and I was the only one there! I waited around a few mins and one other player showed up, so I moved on to the Quarry siege...same thing...had to wait for more players. In the end I think 5 of us completed the siege.
Never seen it so bad.

hey u
01-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Last night (Friday night prime time on NA PC) Sieges showed up on the map...I went to the Diablo siege and I was the only one there! I waited around a few mins and one other player showed up, so I moved on to the Quarry siege...same thing...had to wait for more players. In the end I think 5 of us completed the siege.
Never seen it so bad.

Holy CRAP last night was Friday night and NA PS3 server was DEAD!!!!!!!!!! I find it funny because it seems like to me when there are tons of people in the world my system freezes and disconnects grow insane. In my 6hr defiance play yesterday I only got 3 server disconnects but my world was DEAD. So odd doing major arkfalls with 3 people up on it

For the record when I get booted and try to log back in the game will not let me sign in. When this happens to me the connection I was playing with on Trion servers go bad so the game will log me out. I must exit the game and restart the game with a fresh restart and try and log back into the game and it will let me but if I get booted and try to log back in I keep getting critical error and can't log in so just a simple dashboard and log back into the game has helped me tons.

I think the game needs more servers. Yes the game is dead as of now but when there are people on the game it server always lags and THIS or THAT start to pop up and the game just becomes unplayable. I think with another server it may help so if lots of people up on that server it wont slow it down or start booting off 3/4 of the worlds population with server disconnects and with a few people I'm sure that will have system locks.

hey u
01-13-2014, 12:46 PM
This morning is dead. In 45 minutes or so now I have seen 3 people. I went to do a mother of all hellbugs and was just me for 2 of the crystals and the timer ran out. I teleport to overpass and nobody so I go to iron demon and 2 people here. I now on another mother of all hellbugs and is just me on it and ya my world is dead.

Fun... it is more hard and fun soloing it rather than other people on it helping me. I think it may just be me up on the game?