PDA

View Full Version : K-tam radio/ ingame radio

Jhon Sheppard
01-03-2014, 11:53 AM
am I the only one who thinks it would be very cool to have an in game radio station or music to listen to while dune bashing the terraformed san fran. I mean theres already the Ktam station online. if it would be possible even patch that in game so you can crank some tunes from your Duni.

Manstan
01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
I've mentioned this a few times while doing alphas; especially in racing games, but I was told each time there were copy right issues.
I don't get it.

My thought was a station per area and announced arkfalls and such. And tell me linked tuning for groups wouldn't be fun. Every one listening to the same tune while fighting.

Umfafa
01-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Try the Winamp stream. It's very low resouce...and will solve any trouble you have streaming the site from your browser. I've actually tied winamp in with the launch of the game..so I just gotta start the game and the radio starts along with it.

Manstan
01-03-2014, 06:46 PM
I think the point wouldn't be so much the music, but the live{more or less} DJ, and audio updates of the latest arkfall.
Ever seen "the warriors"? You think that move would have been as good with out the DJ?

Umfafa
01-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I don't know how that'd be possible with different shards. The game would have to be huge to support an effort like that.

crasher
01-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I don't know how that'd be possible with different shards. The game would have to be huge to support an effort like that.
Beck said (way back in the beginning) that as much as they'd have liked to be able to do live 'now-cast' reports of A-Fall locations and such, that the sharding made it irrelevant to many people who would just be on shards where nothing was happening.